Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bytecent - Blockchain Powered Social Rewards Network - Bytecent.com - page 79. (Read 160279 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 1
SMS?

- How client receives SMS? After time is expired automatically or how?
- Will you restrict some countries? (Like now,where some cannot mine more then 60 minutes)

You did not read properly. He said the code will be sent to your phone. You take the code from your phone and enter it into the client. He is replacing the captcha with SMS.
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
SMS?

- How client receives SMS? After time is expired automatically or how?
- Will you restrict some countries? (Like now,where some cannot mine more then 60 minutes)
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
InstantBYC DOESN'T send a SMS it CALLS you.

Ok thanks you, i'm currently in a region where the mobile network don't work all the time but thanks for the tips Wink
Activity: 789
[I decided that the captcha system needed to be replaced with a more secure method of verification. I am happy to announce that Bytecent 1.4 will no longer use captcha, but instead will use SMS authentication.

Make sur it's work because I still can't recieve a sms in http://www.instantbyc.com/ and for the information I leave in France. Send me a pm if you want to test but normaly you already got my phone number Wink
Btw you know you can recieve sms on computer... So Be carefull about it, i'm really not sure it's the more secure way... Maybe a phone Call like Allopass system will be great but the cost will be bigger. Maybe send to an URL who have a message recorded and you got 2minute to listen it.

But instead of dat it's a very nice news ! Keep going ! Cheesy

InstantBYC DOESN'T send a SMS it CALLS you.
[I decided that the captcha system needed to be replaced with a more secure method of verification. I am happy to announce that Bytecent 1.4 will no longer use captcha, but instead will use SMS authentication.

Make sur it's work because I still can't recieve a sms in http://www.instantbyc.com/ and for the information I leave in France. Send me a pm if you want to test but normaly you already got my phone number Wink
Btw you know you can recieve sms on computer... So Be carefull about it, i'm really not sure it's the more secure way... Maybe a phone Call like Allopass system will be great but the cost will be bigger. Maybe send to an URL who have a message recorded and you got 2minute to listen it.

But instead of dat it's a very nice news ! Keep going ! Cheesy
Bytecent News Update 7-21-2015

Hello all!

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and staying cool. The past couple of weeks I have been quiet while working on the next phase of the Bytecent project, and today I will share what you can expect in the next few days and weeks ahead.

1. We have been testing new features and ideas with the Bytecent 1.4, which caused a slight delay. Midway through the development of Bytecent 1.4, I decided that the captcha system needed to be replaced with a more secure method of verification. I am happy to announce that Bytecent 1.4 will no longer use captcha, but instead will use SMS authentication. Instead of a captcha code being displayed on the wallet UI, the verification code will be sent to your cell phone instead. The new verification system will eliminate any chance of someone using an optical character recognition bot. I know many of you have been waiting patiently for Bytecent 1.4, but we have a few more weeks of development to go before it will be ready for primetime.

2. POB (Proof of Bytecent) has been confusing to some of our users, and the mechanism that determines the POB value has not been predictable. Some users have been asking for more transparency in regards to POB. After a lot of testing and debating, I am changing how POB is determined. Starting later this week, POB will be the equivalent of $3.00. Therefore, if Bytecent is worth $0.10 cents a coin, then POB will be set dynamically to 30. The POB value will be calculated every 60 seconds, and the change in value will not affect people that started mining prior to the POB value change.

3. InstantBYC.com has been a success, and it has served its purpose over the past several months. However, I have been in talks with a company that will be able to handle our fiat to BYC needs in the near future. This will allow my company to focus on wallet development and Bytecent related services. InstantBYC will be redesigned to allow new users to receive a few free Bytecent by sending one tweet. The redesigned InstantBYC will be live in a week.

3. Starting tomorrow FreeBYC.com will change from weekly drawings to daily. So if you have not joined freebyc.com yet, make sure you join!

4. During the last Bytecent podcast, I discussed a new service that will allow users to buy other digital currencies at a significant discount using Bytecent.  It is no secret that the most purchased items with digital currencies are other digital currencies. Our service will allow consumers to purchase coins 25% - 60% cheaper than the exchanges. The new service will launch around the same time I release Bytecent 1.4.

5. Lastly, I want to thank everyone for using BYCRewards.com! BYC Rewards has been an overwhelming success, and our repeat customers are saving 25% - 40% on gift cards!!! There is NO other service in crypto that rewards their users with such a significant discount!

Thank you for supporting Bytecent, and stay tuned for further announcements!!!
Activity: 502
"Placing the captcha in the block chain will make it virtually impossible to game the system."

That simple feature is going to be a game changer in the way we look ahead pow mining.
Can't wait to see that running!

interesting. Volume is looking thick...hopefully 30k today

BYC price looks to follow bitcoin lately, if bitcoin goes up byc goes down, if bitcoin goes down byc goes up so the actual worth of the coin stays about the same.
Activity: 1540
"Placing the captcha in the block chain will make it virtually impossible to game the system."

That simple feature is going to be a game changer in the way we look ahead pow mining.

interesting. Volume is looking thick...hopefully 30k today
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 806
I don't say you are lazy, but you are lazy on litle thing who make the difference.

Personnally I really like the new forum and the new platform but I leave it because of dat, I don't wanna loose 10 min each day just for try to remember if this post is already here or not. But it's my opinion...
If you don't know how do it. Just store in the database the last connection and them if the datetime of the post is older than the last connection you print print them. (but this feature ask time I undrestand is will be not do in 2sec)

But to add an echo for a value who is already calculated is not that who ask many time...

As you know I really love this coin but you stop you each time a bit before have the perfection Wink

BTW : I don't recieve my sms for the confirmation in instant byc I'm from France.

EDIT: As I see now we got the notification tab who print dat information. Sorry for dat it's my fault.
It will be nice if like the older forum we can see only new thread/post...

Moreover i re-ask it, it will be nice to get the price in byc before buying a card as I understand is indexed on the bitrex value. Why not get the mid value beetwen all market value.

Why not add c-cex to bytecoin.com in the menu?

Btw nice work. But don't be lazy on litlle things is thoses things who make the difference and make the easy to use for people who don't have a big knowledge in cryptocurrency Wink

We are anything but "lazy". We maintain 5 websites and counting, and not to mention ongoing wallet development. Displaying the BYC amount is not a priority, and has not prevented customers from placing orders.
It will be nice if like the older forum we can see only new thread/post...

Moreover i re-ask it, it will be nice to get the price in byc before buying a card as I understand is indexed on the bitrex value. Why not get the mid value beetwen all market value.

Why not add c-cex to bytecoin.com in the menu?

Btw nice work. But don't be lazy on litlle things is thoses things who make the difference and make the easy to use for people who don't have a big knowledge in cryptocurrency Wink
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
The new site is soooo much better.  Grin Grin Grin
BYCTalk ( http://www.BYCTalk.com) is now live! You can use the same login info you previously used for CoinBlab. Enjoy the new website!

Here is a sneak peek of Bytecent 1.4! As you can see, we have redesigned the entire GUI. However, what makes Bytecent 1.4 innovative is not just the GUI but also our new network sponsorship program! Now anyone that is helping to secure the network will have a secondary chance to earn BYC! The top 30 people each week, who have been processing blocks the longest, will each earn extra BYC that will be sent to their BYC address. As our sponsorship program grows, we will increase the amount from 30 to 60 people...etc..etc. After we have tweaked the program, we will reduce the payout time from weekly to daily.

The wallet will be ready in a few weeks, I can't give an exact date yet.  As you can see there are a lot of new features just for mining alone, and with new features there are potential new bugs. In addition, I have been working on implementing the captcha in the block chain. It works, but I need to make sure it will not break somewhere down the line. So lots of testing is involved. Placing the captcha in the block chain will make it virtually impossible to game the system.

In addition to the above, I am also working on "BYC Magnet Links". Just like Torrent magnet links, a user will just need to click the magnet link, and the BYC address will automatically be added to "Pay To" wallet field. It will make it more convenient for users to send payments to online shops without the hassle of copying and pasting the BYC address in their wallet.

I am also working on BYC short codes. Unfortunately, digital currency addresses are way too long. Imagine you are on the phone with a friend or family members, and you ask them to send you some BYC. You will have to text or email them the very long BYC address. It would be much simpler to tell them to send the BYC to: B0537128940 compared to BTaL7TwVNPcUH4cthcjVADEFP7Kfy331Y8. Furthermore, it will be much easier for users to remember their own BYC short codes, than remember their standard BYC addresses.

legendary
Activity: 1036
What will 1.4 update bring to the table?.
Im asking as a non usual follower of BYC, so im not up to date with all the things round here.
Cheers
Activity: 502
Bytecent 1.4 when?It's been three weeks!

1.4 is a major upgrade. We will release it when we feel it is ready for primetime.

Looking forward to this update! So it might be this month or next month?
legendary
Activity: 1027
I do so
but when I'm not home and can't check remotely, mining stops for 12-24 hours.
I don't want to lose coins
Pages:
Jump to: