Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinByCall.com - Get paid in BTC for listening radio over the phone - page 31. (Read 65313 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
None of the numbers are working via Vonage nor Skype.

Anyone else getting an error?

everything worked ok last night, now site is down ...

Internal Server Error

Undefined offset: 0
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
None of the numbers are working via Vonage nor Skype.

Anyone else getting an error?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
i like the idea a lot, but payout is so small  Huh .. its very hard to reach even 1$ / day
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
How about adding Romania?
Asked this in the post above..  Grin

Romania was just added. Please spread the word in the Romanian subforum as you offered. Smiley  Thank you!

Please add Hong Kong.
Activity: 455
Merit: 250

Romania was just added. Please spread the word in the Romanian subforum as you offered. Smiley  Thank you!

Working on it. Smiley
Activity: 363
BTC will change the world
I'm just getting an error with the website.

Yap, has been down all weekend...

Sorry about that, technical problem. But no calls were lost and site is up again + calls + payouts were processed.
Is there seriously a business for this kind of thing? Eventually we'll have "click on ads to earn BTC".

There have been services like "click on this link / do this action and get paid x cents" for over a decade on the web, and whether the payout is in BTC or USD or EUR is secondary.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

Yap, has been down all weekend...
Activity: 420
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Is there seriously a business for this kind of thing? Eventually we'll have "click on ads to earn BTC".
Activity: 363
BTC will change the world
It would be great if you could add Romania too in the future . Smiley
I could promote it in Romania's subforum here.

Also,

Internal Server Error

Undefined offset: 0

Sad
Thanks, but it's not the problem in my case. Both landlines are sending full, addressable CIDs (+41245xxx832 and +41245xxx893) are connected by ATM-style encapsulation to the provider, then carried over the regular international PSTN, so pretty much nothing VoIP. I have called a friend on the fixed network in Finland and he got my full CID, at least.

[...]

The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised or get mad learning that my provider (or CoinByCall) puts some restrictions in place, it's just that it's unclear whether it's a routing problem or a voluntary restriction.

Yes, indeed we are stripping off the last few digits and compare whether someone with the "remaining" CLI is already connected. From coinbycall.com/faq:

Can I call simultaneously from different lines/SIMs/providers?

Yes, but you cannot place more than one concurrent call from the same caller ID (and neither from multiple extensions).

The reason is simple: we don't want multiple calls from the same person because we won't get paid for them.

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
pedrog already explained it.

I'm still unable to call Finland, can you check it, please.

You need to send a valid caller ID. I see a lot of call attempts coming in from "asterisk" and these get denied. If you are calling via VoIP then that could be the reason. Or maybe your provider is sending the call through some VoIP gateway somewhere and the caller ID gets removed. There are plenty of people connected to the Finland number right now so it's not a problem with the number itself.

Thanks, but it's not the problem in my case. Both landlines are sending full, addressable CIDs (+41245xxx832 and +41245xxx893) are connected by ATM-style encapsulation to the provider, then carried over the regular international PSTN, so pretty much nothing VoIP. I have called a friend on the fixed network in Finland and he got my full CID, at least.

By the way, I'm not a telecom engineer but this is one of the strangest way of failing a call I have seen yet, makes you wonder if the telco isn't re-routing the call to some monitoring circuit (no tinfoil hat here). It varies: sometimes, during call setup, you hear a long silence (can be 30+ seconds), then it rings w/o answering, gets seemingly redirected several times (cannot ISDN check it though), and then it times out ringing forever, or you just hear the 'call failed' signalling tone after a varying number of seconds. Pretty weird, really.

Another strange thing, when it was working from my landlines: I couldn't call Finland from both lines, even tough they had different, valid CIDs. I could call from mobile + landline though. It's like the CID uniqueness checking stripped the last n digits off the CID to avoid number from contiguous blocks from calling.

The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised or get mad learning that my provider (or CoinByCall) puts some restrictions in place, it's just that it's unclear whether it's a routing problem or a voluntary restriction.

That is quite a list of countries, I wouldn't even know where to start. We need more demand for a country before we can (try to) add it.

Obviously, everyone would tell you to start with the countries where you get the most profitable payouts Wink

Cheers
legendary
That is quite a list of countries, I wouldn't even know where to start. We need more demand for a country before we can (try to) add it.

I also can call to a bunch of countries for free, if you could add one or two more profitable, like 10k satoshis/minute, that would be great...

Care to mention which countries? Together with matts' list that would make a decision easier.

EDIT: Oh.. 10k/min.. that is quite unrealistic unfortunately! Right now Finland is already the best paying country available.

"South Africa, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, China, South Korea, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Hong Kong, India, Ireland , Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Morocco, Mexico, Norway, Peru, Poland, UK, Czech Republic, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkey, Vatican City, Venezuela and USA and Canada fixed and mobile networks (includes the states of Alaska and Hawaii)."

That's why we liked Liechtenstein so much.

Finland doesn't work for some of us, some other country with similar pay rate would be nice.

I also can call to a bunch of countries for free, if you could add one or two more profitable, like 10k satoshis/minute, that would be great...

Care to mention which countries? Together with matts' list that would make a decision easier.

EDIT: Oh.. 10k/min.. that is quite unrealistic unfortunately! Right now Finland is already the best paying country available.
legendary

Any idea why calls to Finland from my fixed line are barred (calls fail), while they work from my mobile phone, and this has been going on for several weeks now? It was working previously.
Also, any of these countries would be nice Wink

pedrog already explained it.

Pages:
Jump to: