Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Colossuscoin- 1.5.1 BIG, STRONG, and FRIENDLY - page 13. (Read 121083 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
Colossuscoin Bump? Can you bump threads on Bitcointalk?
legendary
Hi.

This is one of my first posts here on bitcointalk, although I've been in cryptos since a few months now.

I'd like to take the chance to point out that I believe that Colossuscoin has a great future.
I think it is totally undervalued right now, and as soon as the wallet issues are fixed, this coin holds great promise for 2014.
I invested in this coin, because I believe that proof of stake is going to be an advantage at some point in the future, and this
coin is so undervalued that it's going to skyrocket in value.
It would need some good marketing and a strong community.

Glad to see there are people like Crestington and Sudo who work on this coin. Keep up the good work guys!

I'm a long term Colossuscoin holder.

Thanks for the support,

I think the best place to keep your coins is on cryptsy at the moment and we are looking to add more peopleto the Dev team. I think we are up to around 20 active people on the Dev team. It's free to join the Dev team and if you are looking to be a long term holder, it serves as much better updates on progress.

As we get all the issues worked out, entry will become more rigorous but I'm not really that picky, just people who want to help build the coin. I think we could take another 20 people or so onto the development team pretty easily, wouln't want too many people all at once, regular forum membership is picking up well, people are beginning to get interested in the idea.

Cheers
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hi.

This is one of my first posts here on bitcointalk, although I've been in cryptos since a few months now.

I'd like to take the chance to point out that I believe that Colossuscoin has a great future.
I think it is totally undervalued right now, and as soon as the wallet issues are fixed, this coin holds great promise for 2014.
I invested in this coin, because I believe that proof of stake is going to be an advantage at some point in the future, and this
coin is so undervalued that it's going to skyrocket in value.
It would need some good marketing and a strong community.

Glad to see there are people like Crestington and Sudo who work on this coin. Keep up the good work guys!

I'm a long term Colossuscoin holder.
legendary
I honestly think Colossuscoin can be bigger than bitcoin,  it's about building a community and making it useful for everyone. My biggest challenge is getting people on board and building a development team of people who understand crypto and currency flow. I think the best way to run a foundation is to separate investment from development, meaning entry to the development  team is based upon activity and trust, not investment.

A foundation is exactly like an online rpg Clan, active people working for a common goal. Years ago (like 8-9 years) I was a part of building the most powerful clan in an online rpg (still the top clan) in which they changed the game because a group of 300 people killed player vs player combat but a game is just a game in the end. I want to take the same approach and build a foundation to continually evolve the platform over time which benefits everyone involved in the foundation. I wanted to build a coin myself but Col already had proof of stake (no asics, no miner sell offs), high float and cheap. I like the challenge of fixing everything, getting everyone their coins back and making it profitable and functionable.

I think the best way to add value to the currency is by building in ever increasing rewards for holding investment and make it so useful and so easy to use that old people can use it.
legendary
I'll repeat. Instead of abandoning this junk coin and hiring lawyers, he should donate to his puppet /newb run foundation. I was merely trying to show you where everyone's money is.

I vote that, if you do somehow manage to raise some funds, they should be redirected to the miners and investors who have suffered significant losses, thanks to this fudder'd coin. Kaidev and others have lost billions.

Btw, he knew EXACTLY what I wanted done with Vegancoin. Thus, the premine alone gives me just cause with regards to the refund request.

Sorry to double quote you but I do take all ideas on board.

I've been talking with Zackclark70 on how ADT is launching their blockchain and how we can relaunch in a similar fashion. The swap will likely take a fair bit of time to allow for everyone to get swapped over and swapping blockchains mean that whatever is left over is lost/unrecoverable coins. The problem with announcing that we can recover all lost coins presents problems that people would try to claim coins they never lost.

I think the best way forward is first a change to the fee system to allow more funding the the Development Fund and through fees generated it pays for the new blockchain, swap, and reimbursement to those who lost coins. We can't know exactly how many lost coins there will be until the swap is complete. The swap is a long process so I don't want people to have to wait until it's over to receive their lost coins. Fees would be generated before and throughout the swap so it would be better to begin a reimbursement program and handle all claims before the swap is finished.

My role in Colossuscoin is direction and establishing positive relations, I have no physical control of the Development Fund (Sudo23 manages the fund). I will be helping in designing the blockchain but it would be coded by Mullick (not yet confirmed) and swapped by a trusted third party.

Redesigning and launching a whole new blockchain is a lot of work but in doing so it will allow us to relaunch an even better blockchain in the future through more efficient methods.

Without taking criticism into account, one can never be sure they are making the right decision.
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
Delete everything in the col roaming files but the walett and download chain again, its a pain in the ass cause it takes for ever but the walett will sync again!
Works for me walett synced!

Hm, what shall I delete in Mac OSX? what file name has the wallet? Can't seem to find it. Thx
Delete everything in the col roaming files but the walett and download chain again, its a pain in the ass cause it takes for ever but the walett will sync again!

Ok, I'll try that, thanks!
legendary
[author=Hippie Tech link=topic=279601.msg4537194#msg4537194 date=1389836520]
I'll repeat. Instead of abandoning this junk coin and hiring lawyers, he should donate to his puppet /newb run foundation. I was merely trying to show you where everyone's money is.

I vote that, if you do somehow manage to raise some funds, they should be redirected to the miners and investors who have suffered significant losses, thanks to this fudder'd coin. Kaidev and others have lost billions.

Btw, he knew EXACTLY what I wanted done with Vegancoin. Thus, the premine alone gives me just cause with regards to the refund request.

I don't know who is right or wrong nor do I want to be involved.

We already have such an idea in the works but it will happen within the new blockchain, the wallet fix and fee change allows us to raise funds evenly for a big update that will benefit everyone. A matter such as that is a sensitive issue and we want to make sure all legitimate claims are handled.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

legendary
)Thanks everyone for all your feedback on any wallet issues you may have. I reconvene with Mullick on Monday and have been keeping notes of any problems.

We are currently proposing a change in the fee system in the wallet fix from the current fee (destruction of 0.1 col) to 0.05% which goes into the Development Fund.

Relying on donations alone does not work and is unbalanced, the people who end up paying Developers are the ones who are making the system better so are punished for working on the foundation.

Changing the fee system within the wallet fix spreads out the cost evenly between all users and provides extra liquidity for our upcoming relaunch where fees will be re-adjusted. The proposed blockchain would give us the ability to pay a portion of those fees to investors so they get coins from staking and coins from fees.

Here is a list of the Col donation wallets and all transactions are viewable.

1PaU2cao6qN7odXjCqHEoSLs4NEpw3JtNU
(BTC Address Ledger: https://blockchain.info/address/1PaU2cao6qN7odXjCqHEoSLs4NEpw3JtNU)

Litecoin Donation Address: LWD421APXW3ZRzem7HbYAD35a54JW3iy3e
(LTC Address Ledger: http://block-explorer.com/address/LWD421APXW3ZRzem7HbYAD35a54JW3iy3e)

Colossuscoin Donation Address: 29sRzJig5Q8x1NhEvHigvAZmDrCHaJrvsW
(COL Address Ledger: https://coinplorer.com/COL/Addresses/29sRzJig5Q8x1NhEvHigvAZmDrCHaJrvsW)

All discussion will be taken into account

Yours truly, Crestington

Instead of abandoning this junk coin and hiring lawyers, he should donate to his puppet /newb run foundation ! Wink

Just cashed out a ton of btc. I have devoted 5btc to see if a defamation case is likely to result in a positive outcome for what you posted and damages to business.

Good luck and regards

Muddafudda fully exited the Colossuscoin project over a month ago and has no involvement with the project.

Your issue with Muddafudda is that you paid him to launch a blockchain, tried to change the specifics last minute and demanded a refund that was worth more than you paid for when you got the blockchain without the changes.

If you are getting coding done for you, you need to be 100% sure it is what you want before getting it coded. If you had originally asked him for the chain you wanted and he gave you something different then you would have a case. It's like ordering a steak dinner and when it arrives to your table you tell them you now want chicken.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
)Thanks everyone for all your feedback on any wallet issues you may have. I reconvene with Mullick on Monday and have been keeping notes of any problems.

We are currently proposing a change in the fee system in the wallet fix from the current fee (destruction of 0.1 col) to 0.05% which goes into the Development Fund.

Relying on donations alone does not work and is unbalanced, the people who end up paying Developers are the ones who are making the system better so are punished for working on the foundation.

Changing the fee system within the wallet fix spreads out the cost evenly between all users and provides extra liquidity for our upcoming relaunch where fees will be re-adjusted. The proposed blockchain would give us the ability to pay a portion of those fees to investors so they get coins from staking and coins from fees.

(BTC Address Ledger: https://blockchain.info/address/1PaU2cao6qN7odXjCqHEoSLs4NEpw3JtNU)

(LTC Address Ledger: http://block-explorer.com/address/LWD421APXW3ZRzem7HbYAD35a54JW3iy3e)

(COL Address Ledger: https://coinplorer.com/COL/Addresses/29sRzJig5Q8x1NhEvHigvAZmDrCHaJrvsW)

Yours truly, Crestington

Instead of abandoning this junk coin and hiring lawyers, he should donate to his puppet /newb run foundation ! Wink

Just cashed out a ton of btc. I have devoted 5btc to see if a defamation case is likely to result in a positive outcome for what you posted and damages to business.

Good luck and regards
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
ColossuscoinXT - highly energy-efficient
The wallet does hang quite often while downloading the blockchain. Also, nobody's been able to tell me yet if the PoS actually works for this coin.

I have the same problem, it's stuck for days "last received block generated 74 days ago ..."

If you cannot sync, re-download the blockchain:
1. Back up wallet.dat file and save it somewhere else than in the colossuscoin folder
2. Delete peers.dat and blockchain in your AppData\Roaming\Colossuscoin Folder
3. Let it fully re-download the block chain, then close the client and put your wallet back in the AppData\Roaming\Colossuscoin Folder
4. If it gets stuck: close colossuscoin client, delete the peers.dat, reopen client and continue to sync
5. Start client

legendary

Yours truly, Crestington
Activity: 768
The wallet does hang quite often while downloading the blockchain. Also, nobody's been able to tell me yet if the PoS actually works for this coin.

I have the same problem, it's stuck for days "last received block generated 74 days ago ..."
Activity: 532
legendary
The problems are likely attributed to the blockchain being so large that the wallet falls out of sync. My strengths are more planning and organization than coding but the blockchain fascinates me and I am learning everything I can.

Colossuscoin is busy as work on far reaching projects and Dev Team section has now overtaken General Discussion in posts.

If you have ever wanted to learn more about Cryptocurrency then the best way is to dive right in. We are currently building our Dev Team, enrollment is Free and you have access to ALL information.

Step 1: Please sign up to our newly designed www.Colossuscointalk.org online forums. 

Step 2: Fill out the questioaire form in all areas you are interested in at http://tinyurl.com/ColVolunteers

Step 3: Get active

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Collasuscoin is currently working with Mullick on a permanent fix for the wallet issues.

Thank you for all you are doing to fix this coin. It continues to hold much promise.

As of today (1-14-2014), I am still able to sync the wallet just fine, but am still having the fake mining errors as mentioned in post #976 on page 49.
I left the wallet on for a few hours and got 14 new entries of COL Coin being deposited in amounts of 100 to 400+ but none will verify so they are obviously of a Phantom nature.

Here is an example transaction from today that showed the amount as 434.786526 deposited:
Date: 1/14/2014 11:35
Debit: 0.00 COL
Net amount: -1000000.00 COL
Transaction ID: ea7b33eafec838034ee1ac0c3822594e6248ab56f05fd7b835d1da48f947b018

Generated coins must mature 70 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

If this problem persists, my (and others?) wallets will become a clogged mess of useless transactions and if these transactions are being reported to the blockchain, it will further destroy the security or integrity of the Colossuscoin itself. Therefore, this seems to be an important issue that needs to be addressed ASAP before the problem grows.

Could you tell me if there is a way to fix this issue on my side or if that is an issue with the wallet or blockchain that will be repaired on your side?
Thanks

legendary
Collasuscoin is currently working with Mullick on a permanent fix for the wallet issues.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
great stuff
i just bought some millions Cheesy
i am a colossuscoinmillionaire  Cool

http://bitezze.com accepting Colossuscoin COL as direct payment for Jewelry and Precious Metal purchases
http://www.cryptogamekeys.com/ accepting Colossuscoin COL as direct payment
http://www.51attack.com/shop/ accepting Colossuscoin COL as direct payment
New Colossuscoin Explorer Block Crawler: http://altexplorer.info/chains/COL/block_crawler.php
Pages:
Jump to: