Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 2. (Read 696203 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 35
Is this project a scam?

I mean taco and the other one said there would be an airdropped quantum resistant coin ...that was airdropped a few years back but instantly broke and forked?

What happened to fixing it ?

Is there  a dev tax and how many btc did they raise at the start?

What development has their been in all these years?

This is one of the most disappointing projects of all time here.

Someone should take this over and give it a serious upgrade.
There is so much more that could be done with smart contracts and nfts for folding achievements.

Taco and the other lay about should do something hand it and all the btc over to some people that can take the project seriously.

I mean doing dev work on other projects and giving the bird to people that paid to suppor this projects it fucked up.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cure/#!rich  Sad

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gridcoin/  Smiley

Activity: 224
Merit: 23
Is this project a scam?

I mean taco and the other one said there would be an airdropped quantum resistant coin ...that was airdropped a few years back but instantly broke and forked?

What happened to fixing it ?

Is there  a dev tax and how many btc did they raise at the start?

What development has their been in all these years?

This is one of the most disappointing projects of all time here.

Someone should take this over and give it a serious upgrade.
There is so much more that could be done with smart contracts and nfts for folding achievements.

Taco and the other lay about should do something hand it and all the btc over to some people that can take the project seriously.

I mean doing dev work on other projects and giving the bird to people that paid to suppor this projects it fucked up.

Activity: 62
Merit: 0
Just an update and new question, The wallet sync up good! Now all the coins are stuck in staking? How do I transfer them to my usable account to send to exchange? Currently I can't cause balance says zero....

Thanks

Your block index file is corrupted.

Close the client, go to C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\curecoin and delete everything in the folder except for wallet.dat - do not delete wallet.dat or any other wallet file ever under any circumstances!

Make a backup of the wallet.dat file too.

Then re-open the client. It will have to re-download the entire blockchain.

There are ways to try to repair it, but it's probably not worth the time. It's not a large blockchain to download again.

-Dave

Thank You Dave!

That seems to be working, it loaded with all my coins in the unconfirmed while it gets connected and redownloads the chain. I was looking for info the other day in the other drives where all of the wallets reside and actually the coin wallet is in that drive but forgot some of these wallets use the "appdata\roaming" to store the settings. So that probably confuses things cause the shortcut is G:\Wallet\Curecoin\curecoin-qt_Windows_v2.0.0.2. Just thought I would post that incase anyone else stores wallets away from the C: drive.... or at least tries too!

Thanks again!
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Your block index file is corrupted.

Close the client, go to C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\curecoin and delete everything in the folder except for wallet.dat - do not delete wallet.dat or any other wallet file ever under any circumstances!

Make a backup of the wallet.dat file too.

Then re-open the client. It will have to re-download the entire blockchain.

There are ways to try to repair it, but it's probably not worth the time. It's not a large blockchain to download again.

-Dave
Hello All,

Question, I have an old Curecoin wallet on a PC. Went to fire it up and sync after probably a year. I get this error? "Error loading blkindex.dat" Not sure what is going on with this or how to resolve this? I tried also downloading a new wallet thinking it was out of date but still get same error. So not sure what version I have or how to troubleshoot now.....

Any help would be great!

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I am for the first time start folding on my GPU too supporting science.  
Lol, that's awesome!  It really is a great project.  I used to do a little lab science but never advanced my education far enough to really contribute to anything.  The very least I can do now is donate some computing power to those in the medical field who need it.  That's how I see it anyway.

To be honestly blunt, I know my opinion may not be liked by many. Although this coin is great for PoS rewarding for the good cause, may not be great as investment coin.
I respect your opinion and wouldn't want anything but an honest one anyway.  This thread is dead except for a few of us posting right now, and it would suck if it turned into a rah-rah, go-Curecoin to da moon kind of thread, sort of like an echo chamber for Curecoin bulls (if they even exist anymore).

The F@H project is uppermost in my mind, not Curecoin necessarily.  I'd agree that it probably isn't a good long-term investment, but I thank you and DaveF for getting it listed.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

Perhaps the current community could release a fork scrubbing that dev tax then?

Or do the devs have a good history?

The have been around for a while, same team more or less since 2014.
Remember, it's the holidays so they might be busy with that entire real life thing.
I would not want to kill the dev tax or anything else. People are not mining this coin for a profit, but for a good cause. The money is secondary. IF they need funding for something let them have it.

-Dave

My only thought is that perhaps if they got in a car crash or something, it would kind of suck to burn 3%... when rather we could redirect that 3% or cancel it so it could actually be used.

But I'm cool with that too.

They will probably pop up eventually.
Activity: 1553
Merit: 23

Remember, it's the holidays so they might be busy with that entire real life thing.
I would not want to kill the dev tax or anything else. People are not mining this coin for a profit, but for a good cause. The money is secondary. IF they need funding for something let them have it.

-Dave

I agree with Dave on this issue.  3% dev tax is still within range of reasonable amount funding for dev.  This coin is for the good cause, and curecoin seems to be doing a good job of rewarding and incentivizing donations for science.  This is first time I heard of this coin CURE since Dave listed it at shorelinecrypto.  For what it is doing for science and good cause, curecoin dev team has been doing good job in my take over past several days studying this coin. I am for the first time start folding on my GPU too supporting science.  

To be honestly blunt, I know my opinion may not be liked by many. Although this coin is great for PoS rewarding for the good cause, may not be great as investment coin.  You want to invest with a coin with decentralized PoW coin with limited supply like litecoin/dogecoin.  CURE is quite centralized controled by one group in Stanford, and performance from 2014 was not great.  I am shameless touting decentralized PoW coin that I support here:  "Nengcoin (NENG) - Dogecoin on Steroids" if someone is really into an investment coin alternative.  CURE is not it.

legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange

-Dave
legendary
Awesome!  Check your PO box in the next couple of weeks--this isn't a bribe or payment to list Curecoin, just a gift which I'm sure you already know the nature of.

Merry Christmas and thank you very much! Tongue
legendary
I posted in BayAreaCoins' thread about getting Curecoin listed on his exchange, and he said he'd consider it.  We shall see what comes of that.

I like everything I see here... we should be able to list this no problem.

I'll speak with Xploited today when he wakes up. Smiley

Edit:  2% of the total reward was distributed to people who donated to project development. The other 3% is dedicated to Curecoin developers

Who are these folks ^ are they still around?

No idea if they are around or not.
But I can say they have not reached out to me despite a few attempts at pinging them.
At a guess, it's all a side project for them and they get to stuff when they get to it.
OR
They only respond to communication from certain places that I have not found yet.

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I finally staked some Curecoin after waiting what seemed like forever, so at least for today I'm a happy man. I don't use Twitter, but the site is up.  What's the difference between following and followers in the Curecoin team's stats?  It looks like they have quite a few followers in any case, though you never know if those are real or not.

And yeah, I'm also worried about Curecoin going bust--I don't own a ton of it, but it's one of those coins that I've sort of fallen in love with, and there have only been a handful of those in all the time I've been interested in crypto.  I'd really hate to see it become one of those 1-satoshi wonders that end up on Yobit being given away as freebies. 

Dave, would it make sense to notify sites like Coinmarketcap and Coingecko that Curecoin is listed on Shorelinecrypto?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
I'm hoping CURE doesn't go the way of folding coin (FLDC) which I just looked up on coinmarketcap and found it to be 'delisted' which I take to mean that it's completely dead.
The lack of meaningful communication from the CURE team doesn't exactly give me hope, nor the fact that a lot of links on their site are dead.  

Is it possible to do something along the lines of a 'hostile takeover' in crypto?  CURE should be so much more significant than it is, and just going by the number of folders on the CURE team (27779) there have to be quite a few people who own it.  
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
I got a DM on discord about it, but it was not from a user I recognized so I just ignored it at 1st, when I finally read it it mentioned the site being offline and the adding of the coin.
Checked the site and it was indeed offline, so I figured might be true.

It was also in their Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/CureCoin_Team/status/1345135595744419840

-Dave
I got a reply from someone that they were going to add the info when the site came back online.
When has the site been offline?  I've visited it a number of times in the past few weeks and it has been functioning fine as far as I can see.  As of today, shorelinecrypto still hasn't been added. 

That would mean either you were chatting with an impersonator or that they simply haven't gotten around to adding the exchange to their site yet.  Does that make sense?  How likely would it be that someone would lie about who they were with respect to being a part of the CURE team?
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
No idea, but have you been to curecoin.net today...
I just visited it, including the section for exchanges and I'm not noticing anything new.  Is there something new?

I got a reply from someone that they were going to add the info when the site came back online.
Was not sure if it was real or not as it was not from a curecoin address.
I can't get to it from here, so I hoped that it was real and they added shoreline.

Ah well.

-Dave
I just visited it, including the section for exchanges and I'm not noticing anything new.  Is there something new?
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
But I can say they have not reached out to me despite a few attempts at pinging them.
If they're not active anymore, did they set the CURE payouts for folding to autopilot or something?  Obviously people are still earning CURE through the folding at home program, and it has to be paid out by some mechanism.

I am very interested in this, so please keep this thread updated if you glean any more information about the team's response to the shorelinecrypto listing or anything else.

-Dave
If they're not active anymore, did they set the CURE payouts for folding to autopilot or something?  Obviously people are still earning CURE through the folding at home program, and it has to be paid out by some mechanism.

I am very interested in this, so please keep this thread updated if you glean any more information about the team's response to the shorelinecrypto listing or anything else.
Pages:
Jump to: