Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 138. (Read 1260595 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
hmmm..sorry to hear about that..that's definitively not good.
Hopefully someone at dmd can help you out.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Something didn't work for me! I followed the instructions and now instead of 370.25279 diamonds in the old wallet I get 186.80 diamonds in the new wallet. I used the private key method. I did the backup several days ago.

How many dmd wallet addresses did you have ?
if you didn't merge your coins into one wallet, then each wallet would need its own private key.

I have only used one address in my wallet.
Something didn't work for me! I followed the instructions and now instead of 370.25279 diamonds in the old wallet I get 186.80 diamonds in the new wallet. I used the private key method. I did the backup several days ago.

How many dmd wallet addresses did you have ?
if you didn't merge your coins into one wallet, then each wallet would need its own private key.
hey big_coin

if you joined the DMD slack channel you can access the masternodes pdf guide.

it's in the #masternodesetupguide channel.

I believe you will find your solution there.
I can see the VPS section and the masternode.conf file and what needs to be done.
I think you should read through it.

Do you have something like this in your masternode.conf file
MN1 :17771

done that.

remember i ran masternode in testnet with ZERO issues.

this is major bug in wallet i think, as all suggestions have been tried.

Is there a way to force wallet to output detailed debug info ?

I need to see exactly why wallet think the IP address is bad when in reality it is correct and the linus node is 100% fine.

thanks all.

100 DMD still up for grabs

I setup a masternode the other day for a different coin. It should work the same.

The big settings are the config file on the PC's wallet config file and masternode file. Then the config file for the masternode itself. If your sure everything is typed correctly. Go to the wallet on your pc and to the masternode tab and start the alias. That should activate the masternode.

Activity: 175
hey big_coin

I can see the VPS section and the masternode.conf file and what needs to be done.

done that.

remember i ran masternode in testnet with ZERO issues.

this is major bug in wallet i think, as all suggestions have been tried.

Is there a way to force wallet to output detailed debug info ?

I need to see exactly why wallet think the IP address is bad when in reality it is correct and the linus node is 100% fine.

thanks all.

100 DMD still up for grabs
hey big_coin

major problem with control wallet. Need some help!

so ran testnet nodes with no problem at all.

on live all i get is

so things ive tried:

1. firewall is disabled.
2. used danbi provided linux box to connect to. Rules out liniux side.
3. double checked diamond.conf and masternode.conf for type (danbi checked with me)
4. moved wallet to another PC no change.

Whats going wrong ? How do I debug this ?

100DMD bounty for whoever helps me fix this.

by reading the error message..looks like your IP  address is either not public, not set, not static or just wrong.

its a vps
its set in masternode.conf
i can ping it from wallet pc

on live all i get is

https://i.imgur.com/jJPzeG4.png

so things ive tried:

1. firewall is disabled.
3. double checked diamond.conf and masternode.conf for type (danbi checked with me)

by reading the error message..looks like your IP  address is either not public, not set, not static or just wrong.

on live all i get is

so things ive tried:

1. firewall is disabled.

what are foundation nodes for addnode ?

wallet runs 24 hours and only 6 connections (

I have 17 connections so far and with out a .conf file.

thats nice for you. doesnt really help me does it.
Activity: 566
Merit: 250

I have 17 connections so far and with out a .conf file.

Activity: 566
Merit: 250
Everything is looking great smooth runnings Cool windows wallet working with no problems at
all on windows 10! yep good going DMD Team! Smiley
Activity: 126
i think i done it right?? wallet is unlocked and staking/mutisend is active... just waiting on my first minted coins Smiley
good job to you all Smiley
my first coins minted... Smiley waiting for conformation looking good
I made a backup of my v2 wallet and replaced v3 wallet.dat with it. I did the repair and then salvage just like the pdf says to do. I rebooted, and still, my coins are not there. It's only 2.6 coins that I solo mined over the last day and a half, so not a big deal, but still.

I'm not too sure, but it seems to me that anything that was staked/mined after the snapshot was taken is lost.
So in other words, there was a cut off date for staking/mining on DMD v2.

So, there's nothing I can do? Kinda sucks because DMD was the most profitable coin on whattomine, and I'm sure a lot of people were mining it. I only came upon this thread by accident and had I not seen it, I would've just kept on mining away. When was this 'snapshot' taken? It was obviously prior to the release of the new version because I only started mining this yesterday, and I downloaded the wallet a couple days before. Why wasn't there some kind of notice when I went to download the version that won't work? Seems a little irresponsible to me, and if this is an indication of the future, I'll have to re-think mining it.

Better wait for the DMD team to answer your concerns..But one thing is sure tho, you will not be able to mine DMD directly anymore..With DMD v3 out, it is 100% POS.
You can however, join some multipool that mine other cryptos and convert it to DMD for you.
The snapshot was taken 2-3 days ago..
I would strongly recommend you to join their slack channel, if you want to keep yourself updated with everything they have in store for DMD..they are a great bunch to talk to.
Activity: 41
I made a backup of my v2 wallet and replaced v3 wallet.dat with it. I did the repair and then salvage just like the pdf says to do. I rebooted, and still, my coins are not there. It's only 2.6 coins that I solo mined over the last day and a half, so not a big deal, but still.

I'm not too sure, but it seems to me that anything that was staked/mined after the snapshot was taken is lost.
So in other words, there was a cut off date for staking/mining on DMD v2.

So, there's nothing I can do? Kinda sucks because DMD was the most profitable coin on whattomine, and I'm sure a lot of people were mining it. I only came upon this thread by accident and had I not seen it, I would've just kept on mining away. When was this 'snapshot' taken? It was obviously prior to the release of the new version because I only started mining this yesterday, and I downloaded the wallet a couple days before. Why wasn't there some kind of notice when I went to download the version that won't work? Seems a little irresponsible to me, and if this is an indication of the future, I'll have to re-think mining it.
I seem to be having another issue.  The wallet menu says "Unlock Wallet" all the time whether I unlock the wallet or not.

That might be a small glitch..
check the icons at the bottom right..is your padlock unlock ? is your little diamond highlighted ? you can move your mouse over the icons, it will tell you.
If so, you are all good.
Activity: 185
I seem to be having another issue.  The wallet menu says "Unlock Wallet" all the time whether I unlock the wallet or not.
Activity: 126
i think i done it right?? wallet is unlocked and staking/mutisend is active... just waiting on my first minted coins Smiley
good job to you all Smiley
Jump to: