Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 141. (Read 1260595 times)

legendary
Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000
TRUSTplus Dev
It will probably depend on how bloated/messed up your wallet.dat is.

I have sucessfully imported an wallet.dat file created in 2013, with the new wallet complaining only one public/private key pair was unreadable. But the balance was the same, so v2 software likely just silently ignored that key anyway.

However, I only did this as an experiment! As cryptonit wrote many times, it's not safe procedure and if possible should be avoided.

The process of exporting / importing the keys can of course be scripted. The v2 and v3 wallets provide RPC interfaces where you can query for the list of addresses in the wallet, then for their private keys, build a list and then similarly feed the private keys to the new wallet.

A piece of cake, just few lines of shell code  Grin

That's a brilliant IDEA!
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
It will probably depend on how bloated/messed up your wallet.dat is.

I have sucessfully imported an wallet.dat file created in 2013, with the new wallet complaining only one public/private key pair was unreadable. But the balance was the same, so v2 software likely just silently ignored that key anyway.

However, I only did this as an experiment! As cryptonit wrote many times, it's not safe procedure and if possible should be avoided.

The process of exporting / importing the keys can of course be scripted. The v2 and v3 wallets provide RPC interfaces where you can query for the list of addresses in the wallet, then for their private keys, build a list and then similarly feed the private keys to the new wallet.

A piece of cake, just few lines of shell code  Grin
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

Diamond was added on list of hosted masternodes - Welcome to Node-VPS Smiley

Thank you !

Kind Regards Christian
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
It's one key per address, not per transaction. Ideally, you want to send all coins to one address before exporting the key.

That would have had to have happened before the snapshot. Given that using existing wallet had supposedly been one of the three methods, and seemed the most complete one with least chance of missing a key, I planned for that one.

Aren't there perl scripts or something like bitcoin had years upon years ago for ripping all keys out of a wallet and stuff like that?

Again, I am talking about deliberately not-encrypted wallet...

-MarkM-

I believe pywallet can do things like that. It is quite old now but I have used it recently to clean a wallet.dat of unconfirmed transactions:

https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

EDIT see also here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pywallet-22-manage-your-wallet-update-required-34028

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

Diamond was added on list of hosted masternodes - Welcome to Node-VPS Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
It's one key per address, not per transaction. Ideally, you want to send all coins to one address before exporting the key.

That would have had to have happened before the snapshot. Given that using existing wallet had supposedly been one of the three methods, and seemed the most complete one with least chance of missing a key, I planned for that one.

Aren't there perl scripts or something like bitcoin had years upon years ago for ripping all keys out of a wallet and stuff like that?

Again, I am talking about deliberately not-encrypted wallet...

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
That little guide only talks about importing one single key (at a time), a years old wallet likely has how many, hundreds, maybe more likely thousands?

Isn't there some kind of bulk export of all keys and bulk import of all keys?

Previous instructions I saw did have simply using existing wallet, the "problem" of password difficulties is easily solved by saving an ununcrypted copy of the wallet so that is how I had been planning to proceed since it also meant not worrying about shutting down before the snapshot as whatever state the snapshot caught my wallet would have all the needed keys...

-MarkM-

send coins to one address is to late it was part of the preparation guide and it was only able to do this pre snapshot
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
That little guide only talks about importing one single key (at a time), a years old wallet likely has how many, hundreds, maybe more likely thousands?

Previous instructions I saw did have simply using existing wallet, the "problem" of password difficulties is easily solved by saving an ununcrypted copy of the wallet so that is how I had been planning to proceed since it also meant not worrying about shutting down before the snapshot as whatever state the snapshot caught my wallet would have all the needed keys...

-MarkM-

legendary

Previous instructions I saw did have simply using existing wallet, the "problem" of password difficulties is easily solved by saving an ununcrypted copy of the wallet so that is how I had been planning to proceed since it also meant not worrying about shutting down before the snapshot as whatever state the snapshot caught my wallet would have all the needed keys.

Meanwhile, git pull is still saying already up to date, where are people getting the new code if not via git?

-MarkM-
legendary
hint someone told me community on slack already joins the release network  Cool
in the process of slow increase wallets in network and be able support all questions the best way
the identical to final release wallet is spread in community slack first

DMD Slack
Slack Invite

legendary
AS a reminder on how to prepare yourself for transition from DMD 2.0 to DMD 3.0. It's not recommended using any other method.

Exporting and Importing Private Keys

https://bit.diamonds/how_transition_short.pdf

So the other method to use directly the wallet.dat of DMD 2 is no longer valid ?

we had people who had issues with corrupted wallets and their passwords not working if the base was a old wallet form DMDv2

we dont want anyone to risc lose access to a maybe new private key where he send coins towards because of that

the only save way we suggest is import private keys into a new DMDv3 wallet.dat
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1009
AS a reminder on how to prepare yourself for transition from DMD 2.0 to DMD 3.0. It's not recommended using any other method.

Exporting and Importing Private Keys

https://bit.diamonds/how_transition_short.pdf

So the other method to use directly the wallet.dat of DMD 2 is no longer valid ?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
There is one thing confusing me...

I've been reading the guides to set up the TOR MNs and I still don't understand where the generated coins will be sent to.

Do we have to configure some kind of scrape address? What am I missing  Huh
legendary
So can we just keep trying "git pull" in our existing diamond git directory until suddenly lo and behold it will pull the new code for us?

Also do we have to have a whole copy of the blockchain per each "master node" or can one instance of diamondd and blockchain serve as several masternodes?

I only have one fixed IP address so am setting up a tor machine as I need to run eight masternodes right away and shortly probably nine...

-MarkM-
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
The community is anxious...

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
clicking the 3.0 wallet link = 2.  on webside   ?

V3 will be available withing the next 24 hours. Please have a bit more patience, we are almost there, V3 DMD network genesis block has been found and we will publish the new wallet after these last checks.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
clicking the 3.0 wallet link = 2.  on webside   ?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
People, masternode collateral will not be changed. There re dozens of people in our community who have been collecting DMD for years in order to be able to start a masternode and this reflects a true nature of DMD being a long term, stable source of income for many, many years to come.

It is not and it will not be a get rich quick scheme. Due to this stability and devotion DMD price s been going up and we have maintained price stability even in this FUD crypto times.

Having said this, there is an alternative to running a masternode, just run a simple PoS. True, masternode earnings will be a bit higher but this is not that big difference, so there will not be 300% vs 25% difference. I d say the difference will be under +5% for mastenode owners and all this is just my personal assesment since it depends on the number of masternodes being run.

I d say we ll have around 100 masternodes so there is no fear of too few of them being around.

All in all, whichever option your choose, either staking DMD or running masternode(s), you will be making money. So there is really no need to be unhappy about this since we try to desing DMD to be profitable for everyone.

I do suggest you join our slack channel, here is the invite:

DMD Slack
Slack Invite

Cheers and thank you.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Don't you guys think 10000 DMD is a little too much to be a masternode?  Roll Eyes

Under 2000 would make more sense.

This confuses me a bit because you have presented no argument.

Just wondering why you think it would make more sense??

Just curious
It depends on how high the price would go in the future and may be masernode becomes unreachable for a common investor if there are too many high value coins required to run one.

Regarding master node requirement of 10,000 DMD: it's definitely now a small amount at the moment, however if you compare with DASH masternode 1,000 dash or XEM masternode requirement of 3,000,000 XEM - than DMD masternode seems to be more "affordable"...
Good that miningfield offers shared masternode, hope they will add more masternodes in the near future, not the only one.

You can't compare DMD to Dash or XEM.  DMD has a market cap of less than 4000 BTC.  Those other two coins have market caps over 500,000 BTC.   Considering DMD has a daily trading volume of about 20 BTC or about $108,000, an investment of $54,000 for a MN seems exorbitant.  Just my 2 cents.
Jump to: