Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ETHASH Miner - Eminer v0.6.1-RC2 Released (Windows, Linux, MacOS) - page 3. (Read 24702 times)

Activity: 652
Merit: 266
Power usage is still pretty high. No watchdog, yet...
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I check, it works on linux on one overclocked GTX1060 card.

INFO [09-25|11:53:44] GPU device information                   device=0 hashrate="18.108 Mh/s" temperature="63.00 C" fan=49.00%
I have 18.1Mh instead 19.8  

1- how use temperature control? and decrease intensity if t>80 C ?

2-how to manage intensity?

3- Can i control fee if i want to use devfee on 10% on one card, and two card can work without devfee?
(switching DAG,pool and etc take real time!)

4- please add more samples to header of topic
eminer.exe -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444,eu1.ethermine.org:14444 -U YOUR_WALLETID_HERE.rig3 -P x -N rig3 --cloud-key GENERATE_AT_CLOUD.EMINER.NET

for linux
./eminer -S eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -U YOUR_WALLETID_HERE.rig3 -P x -N home
#--cloud-key GENERATE_AT_CLOUD.EMINER.NET

5. On github i cannot found source codes and cannot compile "Dashboard.png"
I thinking no sources , yes?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
request to add feature to notify when significant hash rate drop for a worker(ideally configurable). ie. a worker usually do 180mh/s, if drops by more than X%(configurable) it sends a notification. do not need to notify immediately(configurable). but if below the threshold for more than Y(configurable) minutes then notify.

added to checklist, will add to cloud service.
Activity: 27
request to add feature to notify when significant hash rate drop for a worker(ideally configurable). ie. a worker usually do 180mh/s, if drops by more than X%(configurable) it sends a notification. do not need to notify immediately(configurable). but if below the threshold for more than Y(configurable) minutes then notify.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Citius, altius, fortius
Ok so I'm seeing about 0.5 to 1% better hashrate reporting pool side.  Would be nice to have a worker automatic restart if a gpu goes down for some reason, and a warning, or automatic intensity drop for that gpu.

I added to checklist, this can be add to cloud service.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Ok so I'm seeing about 0.5 to 1% better hashrate reporting pool side.  Would be nice to have a worker automatic restart if a gpu goes down for some reason, and a warning, or automatic intensity drop for that gpu.
Can i use different pools for failover
Like this -> eminer -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444,eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999

BTW i like to use your miner , keep working !

Thanks

Yes it's possible, you can use if the pools support same username and password scheme.
Activity: 23
Can i use different pools for failover
Like this -> eminer -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444,eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999

BTW i like to use your miner , keep working !

Thanks
I am reporting a LOT of crashing on Linux. Ubuntu 16.4
I have tried many different settings but the AMD cards crash every 30 mins or so.
I wish I had a better understanding of the -kernel switch that no one will explain.
3 of the cards are 390's and I am thinking maybe they don't work well on -kernel 3.
Also the fan speed switch does not seem to change the fan speeds on Linux.

So maybe someone can answer these 2 questions -

1) Explain differences between -k 1,2,3
2)is the -kernel switch able to use commas to set different kernels for different cards? -kernel 2,2,3,3,3 ANSWERED BY ME. YES IT WORKS LIKE EXAMPLE

Thanks for any help

1- Each kernel has different thread count
2- Yes you should set best kernel for your device like your parameter.

I also advice intensity parameter, you should benchmark your device with best intensity like this; eminer -B -intensity also you can choose kernel with this parameters.

If your device crashing probably intensity high for your device.
Activity: 301
Merit: 251
I am reporting a LOT of crashing on Linux. Ubuntu 16.4
I have tried many different settings but the AMD cards crash every 30 mins or so.
I wish I had a better understanding of the -kernel switch that no one will explain.
3 of the cards are 390's and I am thinking maybe they don't work well on -kernel 3.
Also the fan speed switch does not seem to change the fan speeds on Linux.

So maybe someone can answer these 2 questions -

1) Explain differences between -k 1,2,3
2)is the -kernel switch able to use commas to set different kernels for different cards? -kernel 2,2,3,3,3 ANSWERED BY ME. YES IT WORKS LIKE EXAMPLE

Thanks for any help
legendary
Ah.  so I am blind.  Thanks Smiley So Intensity goes to 64...care to elaborate on that ?  Have you had a noticeable increase in hashrate on gpus that are stable with it ?  I report on shares in a day or two, but so far it looks good. Hard to tell if the difference is 1 or 2% in a short time period.
Yes I did that for all cards except my 390's. They run best at 1100/1500 which is easy in Windows but difficult in Linux.
Activity: 27
Any thoughts to adding clock and memory speeds for AMD?
-cclock 1100
-mclock 1500
Very useful for Linux rigs
thks

wouldnt you normally just flash the memory speed into bios just to make things easier?
-cclock 1100
-mclock 1500
thks

Thanks for your advice, I added to my checklist, I will add next release.
-cclock 1100
-mclock 1500
thks
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
So average 4 watts higher consumption.  Reported hashrate by miner is about 1-2mhs lower.  God damn that level 5 log lol.  The blue color doesnt work for me Sad  But to serious things ill see pool side whats up soon.  I doubt claymore is better.  And im getting a couple VEGAs 56 to play with soon, very curious to delve into them.
edit: i didnt see intensity in the help file, maybe you forgot ?  sometimes i cant see shit good though so might be me.  Oh and good work, very well done.

Here help output;

Usage of C:\Users\bitkoyim\Desktop\eminer.exe:
  -B int
        Benchmark mode, set device id for benchmark (default -1)
  -F string
        Farm mode with the work server at URL, use comma for multiple rpc server (default "http://127.0.0.1:8545")
  -L    List GPU devices
  -M string
        Run mine on selected devices, use comma for multiple devices (default "all")
  -N string
        Name of your rig, the name will be use on dashboard, json-api, cloud service and stathat. Some pools require rig
 name with extra parameter, this name will be send the pools.
  -P string
        Password for stratum server
  -S :
        Stratum mode, use comma for multiple stratum server (example: : for nicehash or other stratum server
s stratum+tcp://:)
  -U string
        Username for stratum server
  -V int
        Log level (0-5) (default 3)
  -cloud-key string
        Set your cloud service key here to have stats about the rig from https://cloud.eminer.net, you can create free k
ey from the web site and use the same key for all your rigs.
  -cpu int
        Set the maximum number of CPUs to use
  -dag-intensity int
        DAG work size intensity (4-32) (default 32)
  -devfee-coin string
        Set devfee default coin, it may reduce DAG changes. Usable coins: ETH, ETC, UBQ, EXP, MUSIC
  -fan-percent string
        Set fan speed percent on selected devices, use comma for multiple devices (amd devices only)
  -fixed-diff
        Fixed diff for works, round solutions
  -http string
        HTTP server for monitoring (read-only) for disable set "no" (default ":8550")
 -intensity string
        GPU work size intensity (8-64), use comma for multiple devices (default 32)

-kernel string
        Select kernel for GPU devices, currently 3 kernels available, use comma for multiple devices (1-3)
  -no-devfee
        Disable devfee, this can be impact some performance reduces
  -no-output-color
        Disable colorized output log format
  -stathat string
        Set your stathat email address here to have some basic metrics from stathat.com web site
  -v    Version
legendary
So average 4 watts higher consumption.  Reported hashrate by miner is about 1-2mhs lower.  God damn that level 5 log lol.  The blue color doesnt work for me Sad  But to serious things ill see pool side whats up soon.  I doubt claymore is better.  And im getting a couple VEGAs 56 to play with soon, very curious to delve into them.
edit: i didnt see intensity in the help file, maybe you forgot ?  sometimes i cant see shit good though so might be me.  Oh and good work, very well done.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
2 Wolf

By the way ... did you see current speed increase with xmr mining on Vega running 2 threads with blockchain drivers and HBCC enabled?
Vega can handle 2kh/s now.
How do you think can it be applied to eth mining? 2 dag files per gpu with async access?
Vega can handle it I think ...

Ain't allowed to comment on that.
Well, I found the miner capable to hash with 2 DAGs at 1 GPU. It is old good Genoil miner.
With single DAG it shows 40-41mhs, with 2 DAGs it shows 42-42.5 mhs.
This is all less then Claymore's 44.2mhs, maybe due to ineffective single-thread of Genoil's.

Let it run for a while to see pool results.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
2 Wolf

By the way ... did you see current speed increase with xmr mining on Vega running 2 threads with blockchain drivers and HBCC enabled?
Vega can handle 2kh/s now.
How do you think can it be applied to eth mining? 2 dag files per gpu with async access?
Vega can handle it I think ...
Pages:
Jump to: