Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ETHASH Miner - Eminer v0.6.1-RC2 Released (Windows, Linux, MacOS) - page 6. (Read 24702 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 10
There doesnt seem to be much activity here....OP next update I will try your miner If I have time and compare share counts.  BUt you can do that yourself too you know Smiley

New version released a few mins ago, you can test it.

Great work !

my test rig have about 9-10MH/s increase on eminer xxxRC2, mixed RX570 and RX580

THNX

---
BTC
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I'm testing and it works for now...  Grin
Just a problem: on ethermine the worker was changed from "default" (no specify on command line) to "wyiql"  Huh
On the changed log there is "Intensity improved"... We need to retest for find best "-intensity" value or we can leave the old value (for my 28 on RX 580)?
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Trying to run 2 threads per 1 Vega card and getting 0 hashrate (single thread runs fine). What options would you recommend? How to enable multiple async mode) I'm in Windows 10.
Activity: 58
There doesnt seem to be much activity here....OP next update I will try your miner If I have time and compare share counts.  BUt you can do that yourself too you know Smiley

New version released a few mins ago, you can test it.
There doesnt seem to be much activity here....OP next update I will try your miner If I have time and compare share counts.  BUt you can do that yourself too you know Smiley

I will release new version today.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
There doesnt seem to be much activity here....OP next update I will try your miner If I have time and compare share counts.  BUt you can do that yourself too you know Smiley
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
Anybody tried the miner on AMD R9 390 and what is the speed?
Activity: 2
Hapoд тaк чтo cee чyдo дaeт нa 1060 micron?
Activity: 28
I did not want to say --

If too many people know this.... it's not good --

But I think to give author some encouragement.....

So I only said once: You completed the very great job. Thank you!

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
I downloaded this to give it a try on a new build I was doing. I only ran it around 12 hours but I also ran Claymore's latest version just before and after to compare results.

I only tested with a single RX580 8 GB card as I am building a new rig and waiting on the other cards to arrive but here are my initial results:

System:

MSI Z170A mobo with Intel G4400 processor and 4 GB of RAM.
Windows 10 64-bit with the AMD Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 driver installed.
VBIOS modified by copying 1500 straps to 2000+.
Core clock at 1100, Mem clock at 2100, both core and memory vddc set to 925.

All GPU settings were the same with both mining programs as I simply shut one off and started the other. Claymore I ran at -dcri of 8 and eminer I ran at intensity of 28 (as recommended). I did try intensity of 32 for a few minutes but the local hashrate did not seem to change at all.

Claymore local displayed hashrate of 30.5 Mhash/sec and pool (ethermine) current hashrate of 29.8 Mhash/sec and average hashrate of 29.4 Mhash/sec. (~6 hours prior)
Eminer local displayed hashrate of 28.9 Mhash/sec and pool (ethermine) current hashrate of 25.8 Mhash/sec and average hashrate of 24.6 Mhash/sec. (12 hour run)
Claymore local displayed hashrate of 30.5 Mhash/sec and pool (ethermine) current hashrate of 29.5 Mhash/sec and average hashrate of 29.1 Mhash/sec. (~4 hours after)

So I want to encourage you to keep developing this as I did like the web interface displaying the statistics and I did not have any issues with hangs, lockups, or crashing while running it (albeit I only ran for 12 hours). I do think competition is good and I think you have put in a lot of effort on this, however hash-rate is king as we are doing this for profits. If you can figure out a way to get the extra few hashes out of your software I believe you will have a true competitor to Claymores.

Can you please run 48hrs each miner and compare the results? On my basic pool tests I got ~1% more shares.

You can calculate like this;
total valid shares / total spend time

I will try again when I get the rest of my cards, I am burning the rig in now so to speak so just want to leave it run to make sure there are no other issues. I will have 6 GPUs in that same rig to test with then so should help to minimize any discrepancies that may arise with just one GPU.

But in the meantime I can report that my shares on the pool were down too, I just forgot to post that information earlier. With Claymore and the above hashrate (single GPU) I get around 40 shares an hour on the Ethermine pool and when running your miner I was only getting around 32 shares/hour on the same pool. So both the submitted share count and hashrate were noticeably lower.
I downloaded this to give it a try on a new build I was doing. I only ran it around 12 hours but I also ran Claymore's latest version just before and after to compare results.

I only tested with a single RX580 8 GB card as I am building a new rig and waiting on the other cards to arrive but here are my initial results:

System:

Windows 10 64-bit with the AMD Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 driver installed.

All GPU settings were the same with both mining programs as I simply shut one off and started the other. Claymore I ran at -dcri of 8 and eminer I ran at intensity of 28 (as recommended). I did try intensity of 32 for a few minutes but the local hashrate did not seem to change at all.

Claymore local displayed hashrate of 30.5 Mhash/sec and pool (ethermine) current hashrate of 29.8 Mhash/sec and average hashrate of 29.4 Mhash/sec. (~6 hours prior)
Eminer local displayed hashrate of 28.9 Mhash/sec and pool (ethermine) current hashrate of 25.8 Mhash/sec and average hashrate of 24.6 Mhash/sec. (12 hour run)
Claymore local displayed hashrate of 30.5 Mhash/sec and pool (ethermine) current hashrate of 29.5 Mhash/sec and average hashrate of 29.1 Mhash/sec. (~4 hours after)

So I want to encourage you to keep developing this as I did like the web interface displaying the statistics and I did not have any issues with hangs, lockups, or crashing while running it (albeit I only ran for 12 hours). I do think competition is good and I think you have put in a lot of effort on this, however hash-rate is king as we are doing this for profits. If you can figure out a way to get the extra few hashes out of your software I believe you will have a true competitor to Claymores.

Can you please run 48hrs each miner and compare the results? On my basic pool tests I got ~1% more shares.

You can calculate like this;
total valid shares / total spend time
I try your miner, great work !

Hashrate very close to Claymore.

Mining DBIX, can not connect to server    clona.ru:5081, I set ............ -S stratum+tcp://clona.ru:5081       and received error

stratum=stratum+tcp://clona.ru:5081
CRIT [09-16|23:09:29] Stratum server critical error            error="map[message:Method not found code:-3]"

without prefix "stratum+tcp://" in -S  miner connect to pool but with "etherproxy://....." and do not show woker name on this pool, only show "0"

thnx

----
BTC

I checked, like the pool doesn't support worker name with stratum protocol.

Claymore work ......

https://i.imgur.com/FQnQL0H.png

----
BTC

Thanks, I found the problem, I will fix in next release.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

System:

Mining DBIX, can not connect to server    clona.ru:5081, I set ............ -S stratum+tcp://clona.ru:5081       and received error

CRIT [09-16|23:09:29] Stratum server critical error            error="map[message:Method not found code:-3]"

without prefix "stratum+tcp://" in -S  miner connect to pool but with "etherproxy://....." and do not show woker name on this pool, only show "0"

thnx

----
BTC

Claymore work ......

----
BTC
Activity: 5
Any help to using Eminer on ethos?

thnx

----
BTC

thnx

----
BTC

cool. let me know if you need any testers.
when you releasing an update?

will it be more stable for nvidia devices?

Currently, I'm working on nvidia devices for the stabilization.
when you releasing an update?

will it be more stable for nvidia devices?
Pages:
Jump to: