Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner! - page 2. (Read 82938 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 4
Any plans to release another, more powerful Moonlander USB Miner?
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
Has anyone gotten the moonlander to run on Zerg or Zpool? I get very limited shares and responses.

Lots of time I see dead pool or miss matched block contents.
I tried mine on Zerg as well and got the same issue, but my research showed it doesn't really matter if its saying mismatched block contents, no proof of this.  I think its just like the issuing old work message you get on some other fast switching pools.  The difficulty is a little high at Zerg, it says it supports from 2 to 65k but it doesn't really seem to like anything below 50k.
Activity: 195
Merit: 4
Has anyone gotten the moonlander to run on Zerg or Zpool? I get very limited shares and responses.

Lots of time I see dead pool or miss matched block contents.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
Tried this as a start script
./bfgminer --scrypt -o    stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u Du****iles.Moonlander -p Miles*****,d=128 -S MLD:9ae9aac96dcfe611a233a7bc30f55f2b,10d1cfbe6848e711850d1b920d6e317d,baeaf550535fe711a6e75f0a3f3d1008,12f23ac82148e711811126920d6e317d -S MLD:noauto --set MLD:clock=796
I know on Windows you have to set (-S MLD:\\.\COM*) for each device, ie, (-S MLD:\\.\COM251 -S MLD:\\.\COM250), if you are trying to select certain UNITS or us -S MLD:ALL FOR all MLD it can find.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
legendary
Hey everyone,

The fan on one of my moonlanders gave out a few days ago. I noticed that a few people have posted links to replacement fans earlier on this thread. I noticed however that these replacement fans do not come with a connector. That is, they come with bare wires on them. Would you happen to know where I can get the appropriate connector or where I can find a replacement fan with the correct connector?

Thanks!

You can message FutureBit on Facebook Messager and order fans that way.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

I keep putting of listing replacement fans on shop.futurebit.io...ill try and put them up this week.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
"The Best ASIC Miner For Residential Mining - FutureBit Apollo Review"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR80LbsCrpw
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Hey everyone,

The fan on one of my moonlanders gave out a few days ago. I noticed that a few people have posted links to replacement fans earlier on this thread. I noticed however that these replacement fans do not come with a connector. That is, they come with bare wires on them. Would you happen to know where I can get the appropriate connector or where I can find a replacement fan with the correct connector?

Thanks!

Thanks! I'll give that a try.
Activity: 104
Merit: 18
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Thank you for your help! the timeout method is now working and restarting every hour Smiley i need to take a deeper look into why it is failing every few hours. i might need to tweek the voltages?

Regards

Paul
Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!
while true; do timeout 7200 /home/pi/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6/start_moonlander2.sh; sleep 3; done

Timeout: failed To run Command '/home/pi/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6/start_moonlander2.sh': No Such File or Directory?

Please help!!

From that error, it appears that the path you specified does not exist, or perhaps the script is not executable.

To check run these commands and put the output in a reply here.
Code:
cd /home/pi/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6/
ls -l start_moonlander2.sh

You are looking for
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x
at the start of the line that has
Code:
start_moonlander2.sh
on it. If your output doesn't look like that, you may need to use:
Code:
chmod +x start_moonlander2.sh

To help yourself out a bit, you might want to watch some youtube videos about using the RaspberryPi shell.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
i looked into the crashing, it has nothing to do with Power. both my hubs can provide enough power, i have stress tested it with plugging 3 Moonlanders 2s into 1 Hub, this ran fine without any speed drop. I now have 2 Hubs running 2 moonlanders each.

i wanted to know if anyone has managed to write a Crontab script that restarts the SH file every 1 or 2 hours? if so how did you do it! any help would be great.

https://www.cdn-images.co.uk/pauls-pc-mod-pictures-for-overclockers/myrpisetup.jpg

Regards

Paul

You might want to look into timeout, it should do what you are looking for. Basically run your script in a construct like this:

Code:
while true; do timeout 7200 /path/to/your/script-executable; sleep 3; done

HTH

while true; do timeout 7200 /home/pi/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6/start_moonlander2.sh; sleep 3; done

Timeout: failed To run Command '/home/pi/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6/start_moonlander2.sh': No Such File or Directory?

Please help!!
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
yep appears to be a rip off, different circuit board design but most likely the same ASIC chip.... a certain country is very good at reverse engineering things....

LOL, reverse engineering? You think someone is that industrious? I could be wrong, but whomever jstefanop contracted out with to manufacture the ML2 either offered to remake these for this other person or the schematics were shared (possibly for a price) with another manufacturer. Could be an enterprising employee that has access to the schematics or even the owner him/herself. Electronics have a shelf life and the closer to obsolescence it reaches, the easier it is to have access to the schematics. Its all about the relationships and who you know in Hong Kong & mainland China.

No one has my schematics/designs...the only possible source would be a PCB design leak from the Chinese PCB manufacturer I use. Even so they don't have the full BOM so they would still need to at the very least reverse engineer resistor values and guess on capacitors. On top of that they needed to pull off my UART controller code thats embedded onto the chip, since the stick can't work with my bfgminer code without it. You'd be surprised how industrious the chinese can be when they can copy a relatively successful design.
  Some how they got your code, they work on your bfgminer that runs the Moonlander 2.

Activity: 128
Merit: 5
Hey moonlander fans, just wanted to post an update with better instructions:

the futurebit profile uses bfgminer on PiMP OS there is a built in profile for it.
5151 (asic) bfgminer: for usb futurebit asics [bfg.futurebit.conf]

So you would fire up your PiMP rig and do:

pimp --add 5151
pimp --test 2 (or whatever it is added as)
and watch it mining
then go edit the config file for your favorite pool if you like, and your own wallet.

Here is the example config we use:

{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://americas.scrypt.mining-dutch.nl:6668/#skipcbcheck",
                "user" : "DocDrydenn.PiMP",
                "pass" : "d=512",
                "pool-priority" : "0"
        }],
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"failover-switch-delay" : "300",
"log" : "20",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"quiet-work-updates" : true,
"quiet-work-update" : true,
"scan-time" : "60",
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"scrypt" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/opt/miners/bfgminer-futurebit",
"scan" : "MLD:ALL",
"set-device" : "MLD:clock=384"
}

If anyone has any suggestions or would like anything tested let us know. We will be in the PiMP Mining discord at discord.me/pimp.
Thanks again for the great work.

melt7777
getpimp.org | miner.farm
Activity: 128
Merit: 5
Great work to the Futurebit dev crew, We Thank you very much for the bfgminer compatibility / build as it allows us reliable stat collection for PiMP OS / miner.farm.

We have had great test results with the Moonlander, and have included a miner, conf, and example profile for it in PiMP OS to show our support.

We hope to see more great releases from this top team!

Thanks again for making it easy for PiMP OS to support this miner.

melt (getpimp.org)
legendary
yep appears to be a rip off, different circuit board design but most likely the same ASIC chip.... a certain country is very good at reverse engineering things....

LOL, reverse engineering? You think someone is that industrious? I could be wrong, but whomever jstefanop contracted out with to manufacture the ML2 either offered to remake these for this other person or the schematics were shared (possibly for a price) with another manufacturer. Could be an enterprising employee that has access to the schematics or even the owner him/herself. Electronics have a shelf life and the closer to obsolescence it reaches, the easier it is to have access to the schematics. Its all about the relationships and who you know in Hong Kong & mainland China.

No one has my schematics/designs...the only possible source would be a PCB design leak from the Chinese PCB manufacturer I use. Even so they don't have the full BOM so they would still need to at the very least reverse engineer resistor values and guess on capacitors. On top of that they needed to pull off my UART controller code thats embedded onto the chip, since the stick can't work with my bfgminer code without it. You'd be surprised how industrious the chinese can be when they can copy a relatively successful design.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Is the futurebit still the "The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner"?

Seems you have competition FINALLY:

https://forum.bitcoin.com/post217146.html

TTBIT Scrypt miner can do 3-6 mh as well but it is only $35 usd...

That is basically exactly the same as the moonlander2

When posted on this site the poster was banned because he lifted the photos and text from this thread and put them on his thread.

To be honest it is cheaper and may work if it is a good copy and if the seller ships them out.

My self I am moving to the newer better 100mh miner the Apollo which you have not copied and knocked off.  The Apollo does 100 mh and is only 280 so your knock off is 38 and 8 of them will do about 32mh

So 100mh Apollo vs 32mh your sticks.  Same price.

I ordered Apollo from the op.

Ahhh nice, 27 chip miner and just under 75 watts (assuming 6 pin PCI-E is correct)?
That would make it < 2.75 watts per chip and around the same power draw of the
current L3+ BM1485 ASIC chips.
The hashing rate might be > 2.77Mhs per chip compared to the current 1.75Mhs.  
So think we might be seeing a 75+Mhs miner board @ <75 watts with heat sink on
other side maybe like a Zeus Blizzard?

These are new 22nm Chips, way more efficient than what Bitmain has right now Smiley

@jstefanop congrats on the new miner buddy, it is a beauty!

another phishing link

whats with all the phishing links, super annoying, glad to see that MODs are on top of it.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

BTW, we have a "back to school" sale on now for the Moonlander 2 @ Eyeboot.com:

https://www.eyeboot.com/futurebit-moonlander2-litecoin-miner.html

$50 usd for a limited time  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: