Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner! - page 4. (Read 82938 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
I just want to say, that this is the very first thing I've ever bought in terms of mining hardware. And once I figured out that my AV was eating the mining software I was trying to use, and I found a good pool (no plugs hehe) j/k litecoinpool.org and got everything setup, I sometimes like to really high and watch my two moonlanders red lights dancing in the dark. sometimes I even imagine it's a little tiny battle happening under my laptop and I wonder who's winning. Anywho, getting a little high there for a second watching the lights dancing and typing Smiley but seriously though, I really am enjoying watching the red lights knowing each flash means I'm making money.

Thanks! Some people have done interesting things with those LEDs...including making a crypto Christmas tree out of them Cheesy
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I just want to say, that this is the very first thing I've ever bought in terms of mining hardware. And once I figured out that my AV was eating the mining software I was trying to use, and I found a good pool (no plugs hehe) j/k litecoinpool.org and got everything setup, I sometimes like to really high and watch my two moonlanders red lights dancing in the dark. sometimes I even imagine it's a little tiny battle happening under my laptop and I wonder who's winning. Anywho, getting a little high there for a second watching the lights dancing and typing Smiley but seriously though, I really am enjoying watching the red lights knowing each flash means I'm making money.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
I have not seen a lot of activity in the thread. Have people lost interest?

Mine are mining as we speak! Great little guys.

What is jstefanop working on next?  Grin
Activity: 1
There is a great mining pool that works GREAT with the Futurebit Moonlander 2!

check out MCPNY.com and mine NewYorkCoin... more info about the coin at Nycoin.Community (lots of growth potential)

I help run this pool and mine hundreds of coins per day with each individual moonlander.

no need to register workers, just setup your command line like this:

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://MCPNY.com:3008 -u yourNYCWalletAddressHere -p 1, -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=832

obviously replace yourNYCWalletAddressHere with YOUR personal NYC wallet address which can be obtained via the Coinomi App on all Android or Apple devices.

Happy Mining & make lots of coins!  NYC to the MOON! when it hits $1.00 a coin, you'll be happy you did this!!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTlkIxEq_6w

For anyone interested I reviewed the futurebut moonlander 2 and also created a basic setup guide for it
https://steemit.com/litecoin/@voskcoin/usb-scrypt-asic-miner-review-or-futurebit-moonlander-2

Note - I think its a really neat development and understand it can hash faster than 3 mh/s however out of the box that is what it hashes.
copper member
Activity: 127
Merit: 1
I am running 6 Moonlanders on a Raspberry Pi (updated software) using current BFGminer version for ML. Running 3 each on Plugable 2.0 6 port powered hubs, thethered together (can't get Pi to work with two USB inputs for some reason), and one of the Plugable's connected to the pi. Using the following config:

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u myworkername -p 1 -S ALL --set MLD:clock=700

The all get recognized but then slowly two of them (and it's random) start to drop and eventually go to 0. Not getting any significant HW errors on any of the sticks and they all initially spin up to over 3Mhz but then 2 will slowly drop off.

When I was running 3 on the Pi with one Plugable and 3 on my Mac with the other Plugable everything worked fine.

Any insights into what is causing this? I also tried with a Sipolar hub and had similar issue. Also not sure why the pi won't take two USB inputs (hence tethering the two hubs together and connecting 1 to the pi).

Thanks

Note - I dropped the frequency to 632 and seems to have fixed the issue. Weird as they worked at 700 (and 800) fine when they were hooked to different machines using the same hubs. Still no clue as to why pi won't handle two USB inputs though.
copper member
Activity: 127
Merit: 1
I am running 6 Moonlanders on a Raspberry Pi (updated software) using current BFGminer version for ML. Running 3 each on Plugable 2.0 6 port powered hubs, thethered together (can't get Pi to work with two USB inputs for some reason), and one of the Plugable's connected to the pi. Using the following config:

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u myworkername -p 1 -S ALL --set MLD:clock=700

The all get recognized but then slowly two of them (and it's random) start to drop and eventually go to 0. Not getting any significant HW errors on any of the sticks and they all initially spin up to over 3Mhz but then 2 will slowly drop off.

When I was running 3 on the Pi with one Plugable and 3 on my Mac with the other Plugable everything worked fine.

Any insights into what is causing this? I also tried with a Sipolar hub and had similar issue. Also not sure why the pi won't take two USB inputs (hence tethering the two hubs together and connecting 1 to the pi).

Thanks
legendary

Most activity is now in the support thread. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-futurebit-moonlander-2-driver-and-support-thread-2420357

Speaking of non support related activity, I wanted to post this for a while and this reminded me.

So theoretically speaking with all the moonlander 2 hashing out there now, there should have been several blocks found by Moonlander 2s...and I'm sure one or two of those blocks are from solo people.

Definitely post up and let us know if you hit the jackpot and got 25 LTC out of a single moonlander 2. That would be a cool story!
Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig
Activity: 88
Activity: 80
I keep getting error "Failed to resolve host -o"

Please help!!

You are double posting in two different threads. Stick with one. Look at the answer on the other thread.
Activity: 88
Hello, I am new to mining and want to get started.
I am thinking of a portable (battery powered) rig so efficiency is my goal.
I am thinking using the Moonlander is the way to go.
I want to try and run some off a Rpi3B which seems to be the most efficient way to go and it has wireless connectivity.
I know I should not be running this direction of the pi because of power constraints but I don't want to add a hub which would lower my efficiency.
Looking at this for the last few days I know there are modes that can be done to the pi board to get more power out of the USB ports but not more than 2 amps total for the 4 ports. To get more power I would have to feed external power directly to the Moonlanders.
So my question is how many Moonlanders and at what current would I need to achieve maximum efficiency running them off a Rpi?
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
we have plenty in stock.

www.bittawmart.com

You are $10 overpriced in comparision to the others that currently have stock.  

And bitshopper are selling them on Amazon for even more money. £99, which is roughly $138. Why so much???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scrypt-USB-Stick-bitshopper-Futurebit-Moonlander/dp/B075BP3QCN/ref=nav_custrec_signin?ie=UTF8&

Because they are greedy  Angry Just purchase from Bittawmart or Asicpuppy, I did before and it was all fine when imported to Europe.
Activity: 7
FUTUREBIT MOONLANDER 2

Hi I’ve used minera before with Gridseed Blades but I have upgraded to FBML2.
I’ve been advised I can replace the BFGMiner for the FBML2 version.
I’m just after a few pointers to do it.
Thanks
Jake
legendary
Can anyone help me to get these running on NOOBS on raspberry pi 3 B

Please check the support thread and read at leas the first few pages....all your questions will be answered there, as well as detailed instructions on how to get started on a Pi.
Activity: 104
Merit: 18

Do you know your way round linux?  Long as you can go to this website you can download the file unzip it and here's the funny part --  you'll need to "sudo ./(name of the file).sh" and it'll fire right up. 

I don't remember how to make a normal user run the miners without the sudo (you can google that).

Edit the .sh file so that you have your account info in there and that's it.  It's really not as bad as you think.

BTW, do you have a working pi?
Activity: 45
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Is it also capable of mining Neoscrypt (e.g. Feathercoin) ?

Not neoscrypt is not same as scrypt. neoscrypt is asic resistant - you use gpu to mine. moonlander 2 is a scrypt asic.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
we have plenty in stock.

www.bittawmart.com

You are $10 overpriced in comparision to the others that currently have stock. 
Pages:
Jump to: