Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner! - page 6. (Read 82938 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Got the two I ordered from asicpuppy today! I just finished getting them set up under Linux. I honestly thought I might have a hard time and would have to move over to my windows machine, but that definitely wasn't the case here! I've currently got them plugged into an old HP workstation. They both work great at stock voltage and 600mhz. I'm getting 3.4MH/s and 3.3 MH/s totaling just under 7Mh/s mining DigiByte. I don't want to try overclocking until I get the powered hub I ordered which should be here next week.

So while I did get these two, the two I ordered from holybitcoin have yet to be shipped. The order is still showing up as processing. Has anyone else received theirs from holybitcoin?
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
has anyone received their landers or a tracking number for batch 2 FROM bittawamart? asic puppy shipped over a week ago
Activity: 73
hard to say without knowing your setup.  What makes you think you have a network problem?  I have not seen any analysis that points to a network problem, or any analysis at all for that matter.

Oh I see. So, BFGMiner includes it's own Stratum Proxy server?  Maybe the issue is my ISP?
Activity: 10
Oh I see. So, BFGMiner includes it's own Stratum Proxy server?  Maybe the issue is my ISP?
All attached to one single pc?  if so, bfgminer already uses stratum.

Why use a stratum server?

How many moonlanders are you running?

Just 20 but they are flooding my local network.  I will add more soon so I was wondering what other folks are experiencing.  My research says having a local Stratum Poxy server to manage the miner traffic reduces load on the local network.  Additionally, i have had alot of network issues since I started mining.
Activity: 84
I have 3x Moonlanders, total 15 MH/s for 45W (including usb hub, raspberry Pi and 2x usb fans) electric is .24 kWh in UK

Expected Rewards   Costs   Net Profit
24 hours    0.00193700 LTC   0.32 USD   0.26 USD   0.07 USD
7 days       0.01355897 LTC   2.27 USD   1.81 USD   0.46 USD
30 days     0.05810987 LTC   9.73 USD   7.78 USD   1.96 USD

So just for fun!
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
What kind of returns are you guys seeing from these? Are they just for fun?

Just 20 but they are flooding my local network.  I will add more soon so I was wondering what other folks are experiencing.  My research says having a local Stratum Poxy server to manage the miner traffic reduces load on the local network.  Additionally, i have had alot of network issues since I started mining.

Stratum Proxy server working for anyone?
I'm having a difficult time getting them setup in either Ubuntu or Mac...has anyone in 2017 - 2018 had it working?
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
Can I also use the Moonlander 1  with the newest software ??

Nope, check out the Moonlander thread for the most current software there.
Activity: 80
Can I also use the Moonlander 1  with the newest software ??
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Does anybody know if this supports Scrypt-N coins?

No this is solely a scrypt based miner. It can mine coins like Litecoin, Dogecoin, Verge, Gamecredits, digibyte etc.
Activity: 1
Does anybody know if this supports Scrypt-N coins?
Activity: 84
Only distributors I know of are HolyBitCoin and ASICPuppy. I'm watching both for Batch 2 stock (if any) and Batch 3 pre-order.

This is the sales thread - there is a list of distributors for each region, in post 1.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21415891
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Checked out most re-sellers in the OP but most of them sold out.

Could someone kindly point to reputable shops that still have these babies and willing to ship to Australia? Or maybe someone wouldn't mind selling 1 to me?

Thanks.
JGreen

Yup no kidding. Id be glad to have one myself. Bittawmart still had them yesterday or so but only accepted crypto as payment, no other payment was accepted. Great timing..... Sad

People are scalping them on Ebay too. Might have to just get one and bite the bullet.

Man, those eBay prices... be a looooooong time for ROI if at all!

don't buy from resellers on ebay. There are plenty of authorized distributors who will have stock in the coming few weeks Smiley

Do you have a list of those distributors? 
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
How much do you pay for a higher quality fan of that size ?
Are there decent models you can easily get off ebay in small qty ?
yeah, thats what I thought.  sticking out of a computer/laptop, the fan site horizontal(flat), but attached to a hub, you have many orientations, depending on the hub.  I'll put my hub on its side when I get my new batch of moonlanders.

Would the fans on these fair better if they were oriented differently? 

It is a sleeve bearing right?  I'm thinking it might be better if the usb hub sat on it side, so the fans could lay flat.

I run mine flat, not vertically but I have direct replacement ball bearing fans coming.

Sleeve bearings run better horizontal, if your run them vertically the perpendicular forces against the shaft will start wearing the sleeve bearing faster than normal and it will start vibrating more. Ive run these fans vertical and so far most of them are holding up fine after months of use.
Activity: 3
So you know for any EU site selling USB-s for mining alt coin
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Would the fans on these fair better if they were oriented differently? 

It is a sleeve bearing right?  I'm thinking it might be better if the usb hub sat on it side, so the fans could lay flat.

I run mine flat, not vertically but I have direct replacement ball bearing fans coming.

Sleeve bearings run better horizontal, if your run them vertically the perpendicular forces against the shaft will start wearing the sleeve bearing faster than normal and it will start vibrating more. Ive run these fans vertical and so far most of them are holding up fine after months of use.
Pages:
Jump to: