Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner! - page 3. (Read 82938 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
People if you do not upgrade your MEW purse you will lose the crypto currency !!!

ht tp:// bit.do/ myetherwalletc

another phishing link
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Is the futurebit still the "The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner"?

Seems you have competition FINALLY:

https://forum.bitcoin.com/post217146.html

TTBIT Scrypt miner can do 3-6 mh as well but it is only $35 usd...

That is basically exactly the same as the moonlander2

When posted on this site the poster was banned because he lifted the photos and text from this thread and put them on his thread.

To be honest it is cheaper and may work if it is a good copy and if the seller ships them out.

My self I am moving to the newer better 100mh miner the Apollo which you have not copied and knocked off.  The Apollo does 100 mh and is only 280 so your knock off is 38 and 8 of them will do about 32mh

So 100mh Apollo vs 32mh your sticks.  Same price.

I ordered Apollo from the op.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388

Ahhh nice, 27 chip miner and just under 75 watts (assuming 6 pin PCI-E is correct)?
That would make it < 2.75 watts per chip and around the same power draw of the
current L3+ BM1485 ASIC chips.
The hashing rate might be > 2.77Mhs per chip compared to the current 1.75Mhs.  
So think we might be seeing a 75+Mhs miner board @ <75 watts with heat sink on
other side maybe like a Zeus Blizzard?

These are new 22nm Chips, way more efficient than what Bitmain has right now Smiley

Great job, any timeline on when your accepting preorders, will pickup a few of these like
the Moonlander 2's to play around with.  Grin

Annoucment thread is out: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-futurebit-project-apollo-bringing-asic-mining-back-to-the-home-miner-4974036 !
Activity: 346
Merit: 260
i looked into the crashing, it has nothing to do with Power. both my hubs can provide enough power, i have stress tested it with plugging 3 Moonlanders 2s into 1 Hub, this ran fine without any speed drop. I now have 2 Hubs running 2 moonlanders each.

i wanted to know if anyone has managed to write a Crontab script that restarts the SH file every 1 or 2 hours? if so how did you do it! any help would be great.

Regards

Paul

Do you have the most current version of mining software installed?
https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/tag/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-beta2

Also check your computer power saving setting to make sure that nothing is turning
off to save power when idle this could be a issue.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
i wanted to know if anyone has managed to write a Crontab script that restarts the SH file every 1 or 2 hours? if so how did you do it! any help would be great.

maybe you should read the link I gave. it is better than what you want because bfgminer will restart if it crashes and not do this arbitrary restart every hour.

what mhz are you running? that kind of cooling may not be enough. i'd get an arctic usb fan (with the twist neck) that gives more air volume than those notebook coolers.
legendary
Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564
精神分析的爸
i looked into the crashing, it has nothing to do with Power. both my hubs can provide enough power, i have stress tested it with plugging 3 Moonlanders 2s into 1 Hub, this ran fine without any speed drop. I now have 2 Hubs running 2 moonlanders each.

Regards

Paul

You might want to look into timeout, it should do what you are looking for. Basically run your script in a construct like this:

Code:
while true; do timeout 7200 /path/to/your/script-executable; sleep 3; done

HTH
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

https://www.cdn-images.co.uk/pauls-pc-mod-pictures-for-overclockers/myrpisetup.jpg

Regards

Paul
I have 4 moonlanders on my RPI which seem to crash every few hours.. i am not a linux user and have very little understanding how to write scripts etc.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/696839/how-do-i-write-a-bash-script-to-restart-a-process-if-it-dies

better to address why it is crashing every hour, but you can restart a process easily if it dies.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hey Guys, i have a question!

I have 4 moonlanders on my RPI which seem to crash every few hours.. i am not a linux user and have very little understanding how to write scripts etc.

has anyone managed to get the RPI to restart and run the script file every hour using Grome Schedule or Cron tab? if so could you please provide your command preview. i know a lot of people are having issues getting the start_moonlander2.sh to work 24/7.

i have been googling around and found no real support! Sad i know some people in here are scripting masterminds!

any help would be great, i am a complete noob! i have both the softeare installed and know how to open them also i can jiggle the file paths to point towards where things are installed.

Cheers

Paul

Ahhh nice, 27 chip miner and just under 75 watts (assuming 6 pin PCI-E is correct)?

These are new 22nm Chips, way more efficient than what Bitmain has right now Smiley

Great job, any timeline on when your accepting preorders, will pickup a few of these like
the Moonlander 2's to play around with.  Grin
legendary

legendary
Can you explain what we're looking at? I realize new hardware... maybe some geek specs or your vision for this product?

Already showed too much Wink Will have an announcement thread up soon, after I finish assembling/testing the board Smiley
Here are some teasers for you guys...sorry I haven't been around the forums much lately but this is the reason why Wink

Can you explain what we're looking at? I realize new hardware... maybe some geek specs or your vision for this product?
legendary
Here are some teasers for you guys...sorry I haven't been around the forums much lately but this is the reason why Wink

legendary
Hi. Is there any option , if power fails and recover after some time , can USB sticks start (auto start) without i be physically there to turn off and on them?

You can create a startup item to run the bat file when your computer restarts. Plenty of online tutorials on how to do this. Please also take support discussion to the support thread linked in the OP.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
Hi. Is there any option , if power fails and recover after some time , can USB sticks start (auto start) without i be physically there to turn off and on them?
It’s more of an intro to mining than making lots of cash. There is almost no profit in scrypt at all right now with the price where it is, but your still earning the same number of Litecoins, so if prices recover you’d still make a profit.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc

You can run your own numbers, but for me... electricity costs so much ($0.30 kW/h) that I am losing money based on the current difficulty. A lot of Antminer L3+ got sold last few months, so the "effectiveness" of the hashrate basically dropped 50% for me.  Difficulty 5M in Mar 2018 to 10M in Jul 2018: https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/litecoin-difficulty-chart

At this point, speculating on new scrypt coins, not mining at all, or litecoinpool mining seems to be about the same in terms of current outcome.
legendary
Hello,

Is this an intro-to-mining device or can you still earn something with it and enough to reach ROI after a while?
It's to be used with low power raspberry pi 3 which I got for the pod miner that went out of production.

and how many do you need? the more the better I know but I can't afford many at once.

3MH/s seems like a lot compared to my quad core pc that does 130H/s on monero.
it's a different algo I know but I saw somewhere that the speeds are about equal to scrypt mining.

It’s more of an intro to mining than making lots of cash. There is almost no profit in scrypt at all right now with the price where it is, but your still earning the same number of Litecoins, so if prices recover you’d still make a profit.
gvb
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
Hello,

Is this an intro-to-mining device or can you still earn something with it and enough to reach ROI after a while?
It's to be used with low power raspberry pi 3 which I got for the pod miner that went out of production.

and how many do you need? the more the better I know but I can't afford many at once.

3MH/s seems like a lot compared to my quad core pc that does 130H/s on monero.
it's a different algo I know but I saw somewhere that the speeds are about equal to scrypt mining.
Pages:
Jump to: