Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner! - page 7. (Read 82938 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508
Would the fans on these fair better if they were oriented differently? 

It is a sleeve bearing right?  I'm thinking it might be better if the usb hub sat on it side, so the fans could lay flat.

I run mine flat, not vertically but I have direct replacement ball bearing fans coming.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
Would the fans on these fair better if they were oriented differently? 

It is a sleeve bearing right?  I'm thinking it might be better if the usb hub sat on it side, so the fans could lay flat.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Checked out most re-sellers in the OP but most of them sold out.

Could someone kindly point to reputable shops that still have these babies and willing to ship to Australia? Or maybe someone wouldn't mind selling 1 to me?

Thanks.
JGreen

Yup no kidding. Id be glad to have one myself. Bittawmart still had them yesterday or so but only accepted crypto as payment, no other payment was accepted. Great timing..... Sad

People are scalping them on Ebay too. Might have to just get one and bite the bullet.

Man, those eBay prices... be a looooooong time for ROI if at all!

don't buy from resellers on ebay. There are plenty of authorized distributors who will have stock in the coming few weeks Smiley
Activity: 73
I'm a fan of litecoinpool

Curious what everyone is mining with theirs? I have had it running litecoinpool stable for a long time. Recently tried to get lcdice lottery but can't get that thing to run stable at all. Tried verge and failed to get it stable. Currently running litecoinpool again.
What are you running? Im looking for a more valuable option.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Curious what everyone is mining with theirs? I have had it running litecoinpool stable for a long time. Recently tried to get lcdice lottery but can't get that thing to run stable at all. Tried verge and failed to get it stable. Currently running litecoinpool again. What are you running? Im looking for a more valuable option.

Making more running on multipool.us than litecoinpool . they can mine different altcoins automatically based on profitability.
Activity: 42
Curious what everyone is mining with theirs? I have had it running litecoinpool stable for a long time. Recently tried to get lcdice lottery but can't get that thing to run stable at all. Tried verge and failed to get it stable. Currently running litecoinpool again.
What are you running? Im looking for a more valuable option.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Just curious for those with Moonlander v2's here...

What settings so far has produced the best hash rates with most efficient power consumption so far?  Still tinkering some with mine, but "out of the box" between 4Mh/s to 4.4Mh/s at 756MHz.

Using a Sipolar 20 port USB 3.0 HUB here as well at the recommendation of ozcointrader.  Nicely spaced and good airflow for x12 roughly a hub.

Thanks in advance!
I'm not even using one of those Sipolar hubs. I use 2 pluggable hubs ..  2 sticks in each one with one fact cooling 2 sticks. . I have not made any modifications except going to 765Mhz. I am hashing at a cool 4.2 Mhz . . no mods to the pots.

I have x10 Moonlander v2's here, hence the Sipolar route.   Wink  

So you are at 765MHz then vs. 756MHz.  What is the power draw if you do not mind sharing?

Thanks in advance.

LinuxETC
Activity: 48

What settings so far has produced the best hash rates with most efficient power consumption so far?  Still tinkering some with mine, but "out of the box" between 4Mh/s to 4.4Mh/s at 756MHz.

Using a Sipolar 20 port USB 3.0 HUB here as well at the recommendation of ozcointrader.  Nicely spaced and good airflow for x12 roughly a hub.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not even using one of those Sipolar hubs. I use 2 pluggable hubs ..  2 sticks in each hub (can fit 1 more stick in each hub with no space/power/heat issues) with one fan cooling 2 sticks. . I have not made any modifications except going to 756Mhz. I am hashing at a cool 4.2 Mhz . . no mods to the pots. https://ibb.co/hAgSp6

https://ibb.co/m9S6hR
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Using a Sipolar 20 port USB 3.0 HUB here as well at the recommendation of ozcointrader.  Nicely spaced and good airflow for x12 roughly a hub.

Thanks in advance!
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
Too bad I missed out on this one. Just gotten interested in mining, but it seems it's not available any more,
only on Ebay - for like 250 dollars and up : ) Maybe I should wait for the FutureBit Moonlander 3 then!

At the end of the month when batch 2 preorders ship, there will be "in-stock" units available for more than pre-order price, but less than eBay price.

I know what I'll be buying then! Thanks for this info!
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
I'm trying to setup the usb key ith latest macos ; i followed all the instructions , i can see the device in /dev/ , it flashes when i start bfgminer ( both yellow and red leds , i had to start with administrative rights ), but then i get the following message :
NO DEVICES FOUND: Press 'M' and '+' to add
and no way to add device(s)

cfr:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny17lbdjx1l3vuv/Screenshot%202018-01-04%2018.47.05.png?dl=0

any hint ?

no support  in bfgminer

did you download  jestanop's drivers?

I am pretty sure they need to be his drivers

and not bfgminer's

I followed all instructions reported in 1st message of this thread, even the workaround for macos 10.13
The result is that the port seems active but the bfgminer ( the one included in jstefanop package ) does not see the device , that seems correctly installed

cfr:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wj1y44z3puw09u8/Screenshot%202018-01-04%2019.45.57.png?dl=0

Your first issue is that your trying to connect to slushpool, which is a BTC and not LTC pool. If your on 10.13 check to see if the UART port is loaded. Open terminal and type

cd /dev

ls cu.*

you should see something like cu.sililabs, if not you did not do the 10.13 UART driver workaround install correctly.
Activity: 2
I'm trying to setup the usb key ith latest macos ; i followed all the instructions , i can see the device in /dev/ , it flashes when i start bfgminer ( both yellow and red leds , i had to start with administrative rights ), but then i get the following message :

cfr:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny17lbdjx1l3vuv/Screenshot%202018-01-04%2018.47.05.png?dl=0

any hint ?

no support  in bfgminer

and not bfgminer's

I followed all instructions reported in 1st message of this thread, even the workaround for macos 10.13
The result is that the port seems active but the bfgminer ( the one included in jstefanop package ) does not see the device , that seems correctly installed

cfr:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wj1y44z3puw09u8/Screenshot%202018-01-04%2019.45.57.png?dl=0

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

cfr:

any hint ?

no support  in bfgminer

and not bfgminer's
Activity: 2

cfr:

any hint ?
Activity: 17
Too bad I missed out on this one. Just gotten interested in mining, but it seems it's not available any more,
only on Ebay - for like 250 dollars and up : ) Maybe I should wait for the FutureBit Moonlander 3 then!

At the end of the month when batch 2 preorders ship, there will be "in-stock" units available for more than pre-order price, but less than eBay price.
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
Activity: 80

Start with the instructions. The first page on this thread offers all the info that you need to understand how to tune these and the engineer/designer did a great job of explaining it in detail.

I will also add that if you only have one or two of these I really wouldn't bother. Straight out of the box they are getting 4 Mhs or more (in my experience) and adding .5 Mhs is not really going to make that noticeable of a difference as if you had 30 of them. Then you would really notice a difference.

Your choice but start by reading that thread first and then any questions you have I am fairly certain someone here can guide you in the right direction.

Activity: 6

Anyone get their Moonlander 2 miners to hash at 5Mhs plus?
What was the max hash speed you can obtain with settings?

I received a few of those gooseneck USB fans in today so i decided to see what I could get out of one without going too far overboard.

900Mhz Core Clock

I took this screenshot right at about 12:00 minutes so it had not a chance to even out but it is above 5 Mhs and now that I look it has went even higher up to about 5.15 Mhs

http://k4wdr.com/content/images/banners/5Mhs_Plus_900_Mhz.jpg
http://k4wdr.com/content/images/banners/ML2_Fan_900Mhz.JPG

waiting on the others to come in.

I don't see any reason to push it to this but figured I would test it out and see how it holds up.

Hi TimBuck2,

I'm a real real Newbie to this mining, i brought a Futurebit2 and stared mining last night - im only getting around 3mhz!! how can i increase the speed?

Sorry to direct it at you but it seems from your post you know how to manipulate these but it is open to anyone that feels they can help me progress with this.

For the people about to stat that one futurebit wont mine a lot, I understand this, I'm using it as a starting point Smiley

Thank you.

Activity: 80

Anyone get their Moonlander 2 miners to hash at 5Mhs plus?
What was the max hash speed you can obtain with settings?

I received a few of those gooseneck USB fans in today so i decided to see what I could get out of one without going too far overboard.

900Mhz Core Clock

I took this screenshot right at about 12:00 minutes so it had not a chance to even out but it is above 5 Mhs and now that I look it has went even higher up to about 5.15 Mhs

http://k4wdr.com/content/images/banners/5Mhs_Plus_900_Mhz.jpg
http://k4wdr.com/content/images/banners/ML2_Fan_900Mhz.JPG

waiting on the others to come in.

I don't see any reason to push it to this but figured I would test it out and see how it holds up.

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Currently out of stock.Any info when next batch gonna be available?

Batch 2 is in production, so if you got in on Batch 2 pre-order you will get them end of January. Distributors will have additional stock that will be selling for retail price into February.

Check out the order thread for info on stock/ordering. 
Pages:
Jump to: