Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner! - page 5. (Read 82938 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Anyone have success getting the moonlander2.sh script to auto launch after reboot within a terminal on raspberry pi 3?
I have no issues tuning the script manually but its not optimal.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Guys,

Where can I get this USB stick?

Thanks.

Activity: 3
Hi received my Moonlander a couple of days ago. I work from home so my PC is on 12+ hours a day 5 days a week and less at the weekends. This is ideal as it uses very few resources. So far mined 0.00033LTC in 3 days running on the default settings it is running at around 3.2mhs, not going to make a fortune, and may never get the purchase price back but it is a bit of fun. What is the expected life of these running 24/7 but not overclocked??
They seem to be fussy on USB ports. My gaming PC has a couple of ports on the top which it doesn't like, runs great off the motherboard though. Would be interested in what results people with several are getting as I might try and buy one a month, depending on supply.
Rob
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Guys, I love this little USB sticks. I have few running in my spare PC with powered hub. I spreaded the word, and I actually re-sold some sticks to about 10 more people now. I am glad this idea of hobbyist mining is still alive and more people have a chance to learn about crypto once again. I may be a little tipsy because it's valentine's day and I've been out. But any way that's what I feel! Thanks for jstefanop to give us chance to participate:)
Activity: 5
Ok thanks, I actually bought 20 moonlanders, just wanted to make sure I could run all of them off this unit. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Has anyone used eyeboot 49 port self powered hub for running these moonlanders? I was wondering how many of these moonlanders you can run on it, if anyone has experience with it.

This is what I use for testing the sticks before I ship them out. It can reliably run 20 or so before issues kick in, obviously depends on clocks etc.
Activity: 5
Has anyone used eyeboot 49 port self powered hub for running these moonlanders? I was wondering how many of these moonlanders you can run on it, if anyone has experience with it.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
many in stock!!!

bittawmart.com

Cheers
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
Anyone knows more about the shipping of the feb batch from bitshopper ?
Eyeboot recently shipped according to their twitter, haven't heard news from bitshopper so far.
Delivery Time: 10 days
See https://www.bitshopper.de/shop/scrypt-miner-en/moonlander2/?lang=en
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Anyone knows more about the shipping of the feb batch from bitshopper ?
Eyeboot recently shipped according to their twitter, haven't heard news from bitshopper so far.
Activity: 18
I show this makes ten cents a day...you guys really buying it?

This is intended more for people who are just learning and playing around with crypto and mining. More for fun and experimenting.

If someone wants to buy enough to try and make some money, that's up to them, but it's not the original intent of the device.

Just like the original Moonlander I'm more interested in getting mining and crypto out to as many hands as possible than pure profits (so I need you guys to push these out to all your friends for stocking stuffers and introduction crypto/mining!).

Activity: 68
Merit: 3
I show this makes ten cents a day...you guys really buying it?
Activity: 18
Has anyone tried running these submerged in mineral oil?
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
I always wanted to start mining. I can start here and it cheap
Activity: 73
Even lag may not be your ISP.  It could be crappy wireless, too much distance from router to client.  Too many networks in your area.  Maybe just a crap router, from your provider with too many connections, etc.

If you really think it is your network, check your router for throughput(admin pages), run speed tests(like dslreports.com)... if you have a 1GB line like me, and you are only seeing 200mb of live traffic then you should not have bandwidth problems, unless you are being throttled by your provider.... then yeah, you need to talk to them.

or experiment by turning down your litecoin and bitcoin nodes, then spin up your moonlanders... don't want to get into an argument, but I don't see why anyone would want to run a full node all the time, especially for BTC, the bandwidth usage is too much imho(and I have fiber running right into my house).  If you have to choose between 20 moonlanders that could make you $$ and a BTC full node that is just running for altruistic reasons.. well.  You know, make a choice.

Anyway, not even sure this is a moonlander discussion at this point.  Good luck though.

hard to say without knowing your setup.  What makes you think you have a network problem?  I have not seen any analysis that points to a network problem, or any analysis at all for that matter.

Oh I see. So, BFGMiner includes it's own Stratum Proxy server?  Maybe the issue is my ISP?

I’m also running a full Bitcoin node and a full Litecoin node....that might be the issue.
 At least that’s what my 13 y.o. Says....he’s sick of all the lag..
Activity: 10
hard to say without knowing your setup.  What makes you think you have a network problem?  I have not seen any analysis that points to a network problem, or any analysis at all for that matter.

Oh I see. So, BFGMiner includes it's own Stratum Proxy server?  Maybe the issue is my ISP?

I’m also running a full Bitcoin node and a full Litecoin node....that might be the issue.
 At least that’s what my 13 y.o. Says....he’s sick of all the lag..
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
Sound crazy. Mining with USB stick  Huh
Im going to buy some and test it.
Activity: 10
has anyone received their landers or a tracking number for batch 2 FROM bittawamart? asic puppy shipped over a week ago

I just got mine today! 

They provided a tracking number from DHL
Pages:
Jump to: