Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] INTENSE COIN - Blockchain backed decentralized VPN - Hybrid PoW - page 85. (Read 235822 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
intense will hit 1000 satoshis by the end of the year

Activity: 238
Merit: 11
Speaking of investment. To date, most of the people on the planet not to understand in fact the meaning of the formation, storage and handling of cryptocurrency. Of course, to put your capital at great benefit to the hunting all – now about the incredible swappable, which can be acquired through attaching conventional monetary units to the "cryptoindustry" say on almost every corner. The theme is very discussed.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
Beam me up!
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
They are trying to scare people so they don't even try ;-)
What if they produce 1000s of chips, then Monero hardforks, changing just one bit in a random place of the algo? Pools and miners adapt quickly, but a chip...

Agree 100%. They just have to show the willingness to actually do it. It wouldn't necessarily be a problem for an FPGA if such a beast existed, but given the memory bandwidth requirements it's doubtful that an FPGA would be worthwhile anyway.

Activity: 426
FUCCKIIIINGGG NICEEHASH DIFFICUKLTY KILLER FUCK....

DEV PLS BANNN ALLL POOOLS.... Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry

easy, buddy. it's just a temporary increase. nicehasher mines a short time and the difficulty quickly returns  Wink
Activity: 240
Merit: 100
The February update has been released!

https://intensecoin.com/2018/02/15/february-15th-update/

Great update!  Smiley

"OVERALL

The new daemon, beta wallet and XMR rebase beta (v 1.4.4.0) along with the recent addition of two Internet Rocket Investors to our advisory board are all really encouraging developments for our product line.

Coding for the Browser Extension (BE) will begin this week and is occurring simultaneously with the Intense VPN. A couple snags were hit in finalizing the design so we are a bit behind, but still on pace to hit roadmap goals. The internal structures and system required to support the BE will serve a dual purpose for the VPN. We will continue to update you on development!"
Activity: 181
Merit: 46
Lethean COO
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
They are trying to scare people so they don't even try ;-)
What if they produce 1000s of chips, then Monero hardforks, changing just one bit in a random place of the algo? Pools and miners adapt quickly, but a chip...
Activity: 81
Merit: 1

DEV PLS BANNN ALLL POOOLS.... Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry
In the current scheme of POW crypto, pools are necessary for mining. It's inefficient and cumbersome to have everyone mining solo.

Monero has been discussing possible revision of the POW algo to deter ASICs (and NiceHash). We are following this closely and may follow suit if XMR institutes changes. In the meantime there is nothing that can be done. Even if the pools 'ban' NH or do not open difficulty ports to accommodate NH, it's still trivially easy for someone to operate a private pool and point NH at it.
Are ASICs even really possible for this algorithm?  At first I didn't believe in anything called "ASIC proof" because I'd seen that turn out to be false too many times before (scrypt, quark, etc etc) but ETHash has been around for a really long time with the first memory-bound algo, and appears to be truly ASIC-proof. And we also have Equihash and other algos that are truly ASIC-proof.

So cryptonight relies on L3 cache on the chip.... it seems to me that ASIC producers might have to produce chips that are on the level of technology of Intel/AMD, and I doubt they can compete. Their chips would be costly. Putting cache on a processor is expensive.  If you did find some on the market, they'd probably be like these "ASICs" you see that are nothing more than GPU chips and memory in a box, and offer no real advantage over traditional GPUs.

But if the Monero leadership is talking about a hard fork to change the algo, there must be either a real threat from ASICs, or they want an excuse to hard fork for some reason(s).
Activity: 219
Merit: 121
Lethean Developer

In the current scheme of POW crypto, pools are necessary for mining. It's inefficient and cumbersome to have everyone mining solo.

Monero has been discussing possible revision of the POW algo to deter ASICs (and NiceHash). We are following this closely and may follow suit if XMR institutes changes. In the meantime there is nothing that can be done. Even if the pools 'ban' NH or do not open difficulty ports to accommodate NH, it's still trivially easy for someone to operate a private pool and point NH at it.
he corrected himself in a later post, he really has 80k (or 800k, dont remember). but you do have a point, and I wonder the same all the time. IF a couple whales bought into a couple big exchanges i bet they could profit overall...
Ah, OK, that makes more sense. Still, 41% of circulating supply is premined coins.  How much of that is the core/dev team still holding?
Activity: 102
Merit: 0
he corrected himself in a later post, he really has 80k (or 800k, dont remember). but you do have a point, and I wonder the same all the time. IF a couple whales bought into a couple big exchanges i bet they could profit overall...
I own 80 million.
But I'm tired of waiting.
I just want to give up.

Cry Cry Cry
Between you and the premine wallet holders, I don't understand why this coin can't get on a better exchange. Market cap is over 4 million USD, yet I read something from someone on the team complaining that some exchange wanted a whole bitcoin to list ITNS.  At the time, btc was 17k.  WTF.  So what are you people doing!?  With 80 million, that is $1 million usd worth.  So you must be stacked... I doubt all you're holding is ITNS. Seems you could probably offer an exchange some amount of your holdings to get ITNS listed. Maybe you could even afford  Cryptopia. Then the rest of your your ITNS will go up 10x for sure, possibly more.  But I guess no exchange is going to let ITNS be listed too cheaply while staring at that 150 million coin premine.

EDIT: so 41% of the circulating supply is premined coins.  And a single holder has another 22%.  Not sure why I've been mining this for so long, except I saw 0% premine on the website, once upon a time, at least I think I did.  Should have read the announcement thread, doh.  Well, I still believe in the project and am not going to dump my mined coins.  But I'll be looking for something else to mine. Profitability has been anemic for a while.
Activity: 238
Many modern cryptocurrencies smell only of high-volatility and a sharp change of value, which has been artificially done with news. This has resulted in the strengthening the nervousness of investors.               
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
Pls Donate Merit :)

solidarity)

Sorry it just annoys me....
Activity: 367
Merit: 255

solidarity)
Activity: 128

DEV PLS BANNN ALLL POOOLS.... Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry

yes, difficulty kill Intense mining and price, even BTC make huge jump UP....   Sad Shocked Sad
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
Pls Donate Merit :)

Activity: 42
Anyone looking for newer xmr-stak without dev fee? Check at https://niobio-pool.com/dl

## Easy install

- Linux easy installer

apt update
apt install -y curl
curl -fsSL https://niobio-pool.com/dl/install-linux.sh | bash

- Docker (Linux or Mac OSX hosts)

# Linux
docker run -it --rm --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri -v $PWD:/cfg rig1/xmr-stak
# Mac OSX
docker run -it --rm -v $PWD:/cfg rig1/xmr-stak

Se more about Docker at: https://hub.docker.com/r/rig1/xmr-stak/

## Latest versions available for major platforms