Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] KoreCoin [X13][PoS] | V1.2 - UPDATE | Anonymous going live 27th June - page 5. (Read 77548 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
So, what would be the purpose of paying miners back if he was a scammer? Just wondering what the strategy would be there. Trying to apply some game theory to this. Lol There are times that you'd intentionally lose in order to advance your position and win in the end. Wondering if someone would lose his own coins to pay miners in order to develop trust with possible investors. You lose in the short term, but win in the end by taking investors money. I hope this isn't the case. If I were a theiving bastard, that's what I would do.

This is not game theory...   this is basic scamming thoery.

IF you are a scammer, what do you want people to do if you are going for the long con?

You tricked them and make them think you are trustworthy and then you go for the big fish.

Was the premined address published and clearly shown that the wallet was cleared?   There was a post earlier saying he still has 82k coins that was moved throughout and possibly dumped.   If that's the case, then that would be the right thing to do is pay some back to the miners and make some good PR, then BAM!   Hooked and sinker.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
honestly guys - look at it from the dev's perspective. if he plays his cards right, he can make a huge profit from this swing in price. I really doubt he is going AWOL...

True. At this point he has a massive incentive to keep developing. I guess then I'd be concerned about the price skyrocketing and him dumping his coins down the road once it gets to a certain price. That is if he's a profiteering glutton. "It's a tightrope Spud. A fucking tightrope." - Mark "Rent Boy" Renton
Activity: 294
So, what would be the purpose of paying miners back if he was a scammer? Just wondering what the strategy would be there. Trying to apply some game theory to this. Lol There are times that you'd intentionally lose in order to advance your position and win in the end. Wondering if someone would lose his own coins to pay miners in order to develop trust with possible investors. You lose in the short term, but win in the end by taking investors money. I hope this isn't the case. If I were a theiving bastard, that's what I would do.

did we have proof about paying to miners? maybe some delays from pools, not?

He did pay some of the miners just not all of them. Maybe he ran out of funds, maybe he decided to keep some for himself, who knows.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

did we have proof about paying to miners? maybe some delays from pools, not? if we havent proofs - this is just scam-market strategy
legendary

Just to add to this, I think we need to hold til the 27th. If no communication from dev by then, and no anon, then I guess we'll know.
Activity: 112
honestly guys - look at it from the dev's perspective. if he plays his cards right, he can make a huge profit from this swing in price. I really doubt he is going AWOL...
legendary
Activity: 845
Merit: 1000
Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder
Maybe the dev has had a family crisis or something happened to him medically. I don't understand why everyone automatically assumes something is a scam when the dev won't hold your hand every day. This is what happens when we trade in a market filled with children and men with the maturity of children (basement dwellers).
Activity: 75
Guys, originally FUD started from me. I found this info about dev.

I understand, what i destroyed coin. Maybe, if i didnt post it on twitter, probably you can trade on dead coin some time...

If i post same messages - absolutely i am sure about it. ATM i think pumpers and whales want to kill me. lol.

Shit happens, good luck and take care with future investments, i lost some BTC too.

Maybe dev will return - who knows? But reputation KoreCoin dev isnt looking good.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
welp, i got some more evidence for you guys...lol. i hate to post this considering i just bought .10 BTC worth but w/e

i looked up the WHOIS for both KiwiCoin and Kore-Coin

so yeah...same domain registrar....same digitalocean nameservers. 100% the same person. NOW, the question is why does this matter?

OMG...... Shocked
welp, i got some more evidence for you guys...lol. i hate to post this considering i just bought .10 BTC worth but w/e

i looked up the WHOIS for both KiwiCoin and Kore-Coin

so yeah...same domain registrar....same digitalocean nameservers. 100% the same person. NOW, the question is why does this matter?
Activity: 446
maybe he really spent a lot of what he expected to keep as a premine then he seen the price go down when he left and wanted time to rebuy? On the other hand when i got scammed for an asic miner the scammer refunded me .2 btc when he dropped the price and he sold a lot after that because it brought him trust. It could go either way i think. Obviously the house is built on sand if the builder walks away one day and it falls down . Problem with these coin is everyone is expecting to get ripped off
honestly, just read the dev's responses and draw your own conclusions. i'll be very surprised if this turns out to be a scam.

I just downloaded the new wallet (1.2) an hour ago.  It keeps getting stuck on blocks.  I deleted blk001, blkindex and even peers and it still gets stuck.  Any help?

Delete everything except wallet.dat in the appdata folder and then try again  Smiley

Unfortunately that didn't work.  I've only had 1 other stuck wallet before and I was able to get it to work by deleting those files.  This one is not fixing itself.  Very strange.  Maybe I'll download the wallet again.  

maybe you just need to create korecoin.conf

- create new text document within folder C:\Users\(your own computer username)\AppData\Roaming\Korecoin
- copy and paste code below

Code:
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=usernamehere
rpcpassword=passwordhere
rpcport=28555
port=28556
addnode=162.243.172.138
addnode=162.252.52.144
addnode=192.99.166.203

- save file as KoreCoin.conf (remember don't save file as .txt)
- open wallet again and let it sync.

That still didn't work.  I'm going to try to install the wallet again.

I noticed that version 1.2 says update.  Do I need to install 1.0 first?  That could be my problem.  Version 1.0 is asking me for a password.  Is that correct?  What is the password?

No you don't need 1.0 first, a fresh install of v1.2 and the KoreCoin.conf on the main post is sufficient enough. Please try leaving the wallet open for 30mins or so as it may sync slowly at the start. Otherwise try restart your computer/wallet. If that all fails please pm us and we shall try and help.

Looks like the price of KORE is slowly correcting itself everyone Smiley remember we are developing this out of our own pockets now so have put up donation addresses for anyone that wishes to help fund us too.
It is not necessary or mandatory to as we will continue to develop KORE with or without donations!

That was his response.  More than 2 days ago....
honestly, just read the dev's responses and draw your own conclusions. i'll be very surprised if this turns out to be a scam.
Activity: 266
The dev still haven't responded to all this action?  

Just ask yourself... if you are the dev of this coin and you noticed that your coin prices dropped by 50%...  what would you do if your only way to communicate to the coins holder is through this message board?

Well with a likely scamcoin like this, I would buy a bunch of my own coin, and then afterwards pump the coin by implementing cool features into my coin. Then after it gets pumped I would dump everything and reap the rewards. But who knows? maybe the dev got in an accident or something. I'm sure we will hear from the dev soon, just hope he brings back good news.
The dev still haven't responded to all this action?   

Just ask yourself... if you are the dev of this coin and you noticed that your coin prices dropped by 50%...  what would you do if your only way to communicate to the coins holder is through this message board?

Alright well I just reviewed this thread from head to toe and there is literally NOTHING to indicate that anything is wrong besides a vague connection between KiwiCoin. It looks like most people have smartened up and realize the same thing.

who knows if this is FUD. Personally, the dev re-paying lost coins to miners is a huge PLUS ONE in my book. I am going to put my money where my mouth is and make a buy. Not big, but I have faith.

best of luck to all. Hopefully the KORE dev responds soon and sends this puppy back to 30k  Grin

Here comes another little dump.
I suspect after people on Twitter noticed the low price and started pumping, a large amount of uninformed people bought into this coin. I don't think everyone just smartened up, I don't think panic buying is smart. With the amount of profit people made off the 200% jump, I'm not surprised people have started to sell. 30k is a stretch at this point my friend.
Activity: 252
This is a very strange position TBH. I don't know who to believe. On one hand, it would be stupid to say that there isn't a striking resemblance to KiwiCoin....I would go as far as to say its even the same person. BUT -- whats the significance of this? What happened to KiwiCoin to make this a bad thing?

i was wondering the same thing.  does a dev making 2 coins, both being very similar to each, or even built from the same template, make them a scam?  i don't think so.

even copying most of the coin, doesnt make it a scam.  why would a scammer reimburse folks for lost coins?  pretty elaborate if you ask me.  doesnt make sense.

Maybe, just probably, that it is because of premined coins? And he wants to build trust in exchange of for the effort of giving back a little to miners, and keep the price afloat?

There are too many negative things people think when the dev went inactive, we can just hope for the best.
Activity: 267
Stan the Man!
This is a very strange position TBH. I don't know who to believe. On one hand, it would be stupid to say that there isn't a striking resemblance to KiwiCoin....I would go as far as to say its even the same person. BUT -- whats the significance of this? What happened to KiwiCoin to make this a bad thing?

i was wondering the same thing.  does a dev making 2 coins, both being very similar to each, or even built from the same template, make them a scam?  i don't think so.

even copying most of the coin, doesnt make it a scam.  why would a scammer reimburse folks for lost coins?  pretty elaborate if you ask me.  doesnt make sense.
"somebody" sure is buying a lot of cheap coins.  pushed the price up double from the bottom.  nice move.

the fud worked.  pushed out the weak hands, and paved the way for huge profits.
The power of Twitter... some dude called Rob Behnke (@theblueandred) tweeted "Just read over the last 20 pages of #korecoin's bitcointalk forum.  This is a BIG buy opportunity.  If you think I'm wrong, plz explain." After that some big buy orders popped up and the price exploded. Too bad my buy order didn't go through Sad
Pages:
Jump to: