Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 2. (Read 628584 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Have you already contacted the support regarding your issue? They usually respond within a few hours.
No, I haven't. I expect them to tell me to clear my cookies and all other browser data, which I'm not willing to do.
I tried Kraken.com again, this time I instantly started with a Private Window, and it works fine. It didn't even ask me for additional email verification, so other than one popup, it's perfect now!
I don't know what causes my browser to disbehave like this, and it is of course something that shouldn't happen on one specific website only, but for now this works for me.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 4327
To be continued....

Strange, I use the exchange occasionally and have never had any problems.

After a quick test, it works fine in both Opera and Firefox. The page loads smoothly and I can easily switch between the menu items and the trading interface.

Have you already contacted the support regarding your issue? They usually respond within a few hours.
legendary
Why is kraken.com so very slow nowadays? Every click that has something to do with security takes about 30 to 60 seconds.
Update: Kraken.com now became so slow, I couldn't even enter the 2FA code anymore before it expired. When typing, each character took a very long time to show up, and by the time it was done, the code had expired.
I tried a Private Window, and that made the site much faster. So it has something to do with my browser after all. I cleared 27 Cookies (989 KB in Cookies is HUGE!), but that didn't help either. I don't really want to delete all my browser data though, that's annoying on many other sites. And using a Private Window means additional email verification each time I log in.

To be continued....
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2270
I got some blank pages that I needed to refresh several times before getting the normal display.
The blank page problem is mentioned on this link:
On Kraken website I found a page for Browser troubleshooting, so it may help checking that out also:
https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001200183-Browser-troubleshooting
But that's not the problem I'm having.
Thank you for the link but my browser works very well with other websites so I don't understand why I would need to use the "Incognito mode" or to delete my cookies and the cache as recommended in the link each time I want to use Kraken. This is not a normal way to use a website.
Moreover I'm a little bit surprised by that
Our website is tested with and should work with most modern web browsers (this does not include Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer).
Kraken doesn't work on Microsoft browsers?

But my main problem is not the speed of the display. Has anyone already tried to make a deposit there with the Lightning Network please?
How long did it take to credit your balance please?
legendary
I got some blank pages that I needed to refresh several times before getting the normal display.
The blank page problem is mentioned on this link:
On Kraken website I found a page for Browser troubleshooting, so it may help checking that out also:
https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001200183-Browser-troubleshooting
But that's not the problem I'm having.
legendary
Merit: 2270
Why is kraken.com so very slow nowadays? Every click that has something to do with security takes about 30 to 60 seconds. Examples:
  • Entering 2FA
  • Clicking Deposit
  • Generate new address
  • Copy address
  • Withdraw
During this time, there's a process "Isolate Web Content" that takes 100% CPU. I don't know what it's doing with all this CPU time, but it makes the website almost impossible to use. A simple order that should take no more than a minute to complete now takes about 15 minutes.
I know my laptop isn't the latest model, but most sites work just fine.
I don't use Kraken very oftentimes and I haven't used it since many months. But I tried to use it several days ago and today, and I've encountered the same issue : the website is very slow and pages take time to display. I got some blank pages that I needed to refresh several times before getting the normal display. I even wondered to myself how people could be satisfied to use it with such slowness. I'm using Chrome and Windows 11.
legendary
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
Did anyone already send XMR or mixed BTC to Kraken and cashed it out in fiat?
It's possible and it's working fine, but there is no universal answer to your questions.
Kraken is tracking Bitcoin addresses that are connected with scams/hacking, and you can never know if your coins are up to their standards.
Best thing you can do is to prepare your coins before sending to exchange, sending them to different addresses you hold.
Is that possible without any problems? Are there maximum limits for when something is triggered internally? Like a more detailed review?
It all depends what is your verification level in Kraken, Starter, Express, Intermediate or Pro.
For Intermediate account withdrawal cash limit is $100,000 per day or $500,000 per month, so for withdrawing more money you will need Pro account.
I don't know anyone with blocked Kraken account, but I saw few reports and complains from people, and I never trust any centralized exchange with big money.

I can confirm that I have not had any problems with an XMR withdrawl to fiat.
legendary
Are you by any chance using Firefox browser with some adblocker like uBlockOrigin or some other extensions and custom settings?
I'm only using AdblockPlus with default settings.

If nothing else helps I would try testing it with some different browsers that should be updated with latest versions, maybe try Brave (based on Chrome) or fork of Firefox called Librewolf.
I prefer to install as little software as possible. I have Chromium installed (but haven't tested it yet).

I don't think that's related to performance issues.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Why is kraken.com so very slow nowadays? Every click that has something to do with security takes about 30 to 60 seconds.
Are you by any chance using Firefox browser with some adblocker like uBlockOrigin or some other extensions and custom settings?
If nothing else helps I would try testing it with some different browsers that should be updated with latest versions, maybe try Brave (based on Chrome) or fork of Firefox called Librewolf.

legendary
I can only speak for myself but I use Kraken on a daily base since ~2016 and I see only improvements in speed and reliability (which in all honesty doesn't say too much given the timeouts and downs we were used to years ago and when you were lucky to submit an order actually within an hour or two).
I remember those days, and indeed, connecting to kraken.com is no longer a problem.

For example the 2FA screen comes really instantly after submitting user/pw. Also the site loads within 1-2s after 2FA. I too use (very) outdated hardware (basically what other people kick into the trash) but I haven't experienced any notable slowdowns recently.
I generated a new DOGE address yesterday and that wasn't a problem too (3-4s IIRC).
I checked just now and everything seems to be working smoothly for me. Though deposit and withdraw (tried BTC and DOGE) take 3-4s to fully load but I understand you experience a completely different ballpark of waiting times.
Thanks for comparing load times.

BTW: I use Linux, Firefox ESR and have around 10ms network latency to kraken.com.
I use Linux, "standard" Firefox, and have only 6 ms ping to kraken.

To enable Site Isolation on Firefox Beta or Release:

Navigate to about:config.
    Set `fission.autostart` pref to `true`.
    Restart Firefox.
^ Just checked and my FF ESR has fission.autostart on false by default.
This looked promising, but unfortunately it didn't help. "Isolate Web Content" is still consuming 100% CPU.
legendary
Activity: 1598
Merit: 1555
精神分析的爸
Why is kraken.com so very slow nowadays? Every click that has something to do with security takes about 30 to 60 seconds. Examples:
  • Entering 2FA
  • Clicking Deposit
  • Generate new address
  • Copy address
  • Withdraw
During this time, there's a process "Isolate Web Content" that takes 100% CPU. I don't know what it's doing with all this CPU time, but it makes the website almost impossible to use. A simple order that should take no more than a minute to complete now takes about 15 minutes.

I can only speak for myself but I use Kraken on a daily base since ~2016 and I see only improvements in speed and reliability (which in all honesty doesn't say too much given the timeouts and downs we were used to years ago and when you were lucky to submit an order actually within an hour or two).

For example the 2FA screen comes really instantly after submitting user/pw. Also the site loads within 1-2s after 2FA. I too use (very) outdated hardware (basically what other people kick into the trash) but I haven't experienced any notable slowdowns recently.
I generated a new DOGE address yesterday and that wasn't a problem too (3-4s IIRC).
I checked just now and everything seems to be working smoothly for me. Though deposit and withdraw (tried BTC and DOGE) take 3-4s to fully load but I understand you experience a completely different ballpark of waiting times.

BTW: I use Linux, Firefox ESR and have around 10ms network latency to kraken.com.

I have seen quite a few reports of Firefox's site isolation feature to go nuts: https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/quot-firefoxcp-isolated-web-content-quot-is-slowly-consuming-all/td-p/1872

Given this, it might be worth a try to disable site isolation to see if things improve then (though I am always more than hesitant to advice anyone to disable some security feature, so only try that if you are fully aware of the risks):

To enable Site Isolation on Firefox Beta or Release:

Navigate to about:config.
    Set `fission.autostart` pref to `true`.
    Restart Firefox.

^ Just checked and my FF ESR has fission.autostart on false by default.

HTH and good luck debugging it.
legendary
  • Entering 2FA
  • Clicking Deposit
  • Generate new address
  • Copy address
  • Withdraw
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 4327
Kraken listed another four projects today: Bittorent (BTT), Dent (DENT), SelfKey (KEY), Unifi Protocol DAO (UNFI)

We’re thrilled to announce that Kraken now supports Bittorent (BTT), Dent (DENT), SelfKey (KEY) and Unifi Protocol DAO (UNFI)!

Source: https://blog.kraken.com/post/14565/trading-for-btt-dent-key-and-unfi-starts-july-1-deposit-now/

All coins/tokens are tradeble against EUR and USD pairs. For all listing information just check out the linked blog post.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Did anyone already send XMR or mixed BTC to Kraken and cashed it out in fiat?
It's possible and it's working fine, but there is no universal answer to your questions.
Kraken is tracking Bitcoin addresses that are connected with scams/hacking, and you can never know if your coins are up to their standards.
Best thing you can do is to prepare your coins before sending to exchange, sending them to different addresses you hold.
Is that possible without any problems? Are there maximum limits for when something is triggered internally? Like a more detailed review?
It all depends what is your verification level in Kraken, Starter, Express, Intermediate or Pro.
For Intermediate account withdrawal cash limit is $100,000 per day or $500,000 per month, so for withdrawing more money you will need Pro account.
I don't know anyone with blocked Kraken account, but I saw few reports and complains from people, and I never trust any centralized exchange with big money.
legendary
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
Did anyone already send XMR or mixed BTC to Kraken and cashed it out in fiat? Is that possible without any problems? Are there maximum limits for when something is triggered internally? Like a more detailed review?
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
Kraken exchange reports in its blog that now exchange users can deposit and withdraw bitcoin funds using the Lightning Network.

Hopefully, this will really improve the quality and reduce the time for exchange users.

Source: https://blog.kraken.com/post/13502/kraken-now-supports-instant-lightning-network-btc-transactions/
copper member
Activity: 247
Merit: 12
decentralize money
I'll leave it here because I think it's important now. Kraken exchange also joined the support of Ukraine, the most convenient way for people in a difficult situation, they made an announcement about the distribution of more than $10 million among their users from Ukraine registered before March 9, 2022 for $1000 in bitcoin, which are available for withdrawal immediately after crediting on March 10, the promotion runs from March 10 to July 1.

Source: Kraken to Distribute Over $10 Million in Aid to Clients Impacted by Ukraine Crisis

This is a nice one. A masterpiece. Did you read their statement?
An international problem ingeniously solved, helping the ones in need. If PR was smart and fair like that all the time, we'd live in a totally different world. Cleanest PR I have seen in a long long time.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Web browser.
I know what im doing. Is site problem.

Support explanation below. (even i want see history for 2021 is not that old).
Dear support staff,

History->Orders page show empty results. No orders currently available.
Doesn't matter what date ranges selected.
Please fix.

Thanks.

1. Are you using the mobile App or web browser?
2. Have you checked under which tab you are viewing this?

There is a tab for Open orders and then one for closed orders. If you're looking for open orders under the closed order section. You will definitely get that notification.
copper member
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1771
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
Dear support staff,

Please fix.

Thanks.

1. Are you using the mobile App or web browser?
2. Have you checked under which tab you are viewing this?

There is a tab for Open orders and then one for closed orders. If you're looking for open orders under the closed order section. You will definitely get that notification.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Dear support staff,

Please fix.
You won't find Kraken support staff here in bitcointalk forum, and btcx is inactive since July of last year.
Better write them directly on kraken website, on their social media or send them an email with more details about this bug.

Thanks. I contact them on support channels.

Pages:
Jump to: