Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 228. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi all - some clients have stuck bitcoin and dogecoin withdrawals. We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as soon as possible.

This is fixed now. It was actually a different issue from the usual one we've had with bitcoin recently and was affecting both bitcoin and dogecoin. Sorry for the interruption in payments!
Hi Dargo,

after few months again stucked withdrawal, but now it is not BTC but DOGE. Could you please look at that ? Ticket #35006.

Is this rare issue and I can withdraw more coins?

Thanks

It's just a technical issue and not frequent for dogecoin. You will be able to withdraw more coins as soon as it's resolved.

I have still stucked DOGE, maybe it is because I cancelled withdrawal and cancellation is stucked also. Still no response in the ticket.

Sorry for the hurry, but today is friday and it will be unpleasant to have stucked DOGE for whole weekend.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Hi all - some clients have stuck bitcoin and dogecoin withdrawals. We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as soon as possible.

This is fixed now. It was actually a different issue from the usual one we've had with bitcoin recently and was affecting both bitcoin and dogecoin. Sorry for the interruption in payments!
legendary
Hi Dargo,

after few months again stucked withdrawal, but now it is not BTC but DOGE. Could you please look at that ? Ticket #35006.

Thanks

It's just a technical issue and not frequent for dogecoin. You will be able to withdraw more coins as soon as it's resolved.
legendary
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi Dargo,

Thanks
legendary
Hi All - I've been very busy and haven't had a chance to address the recent questions. I'll tackle them as soon as I can, but it may be a be a day or two before I can get to it.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Is it standard for exchanges, when witdrawing coins or fiat, that the fee is taken from the actual amount someone wants to withdraw? Yesterday i withdrew a couple of bitcoin payments. Only after i had done everything i realized that kraken didnt sent the amount i wanted kraken to send but it took the fee from that amount. So that i had to make a couple of new withdraws to send the missing funds. Of course with another fee on top again.

Now i wanted to withdraw some fiat. It showed the fee and the amount to be withdrawn. I did so, because everything looked ok, and... of course i wont get the amount of money i asked for because the fee was taken from that amount.

I dont like that. Is it possible to change this? When i ask kraken to have an amount of money then i dont want to have such surprises. Of course i want exactly the amount of money i asked to get. I dont know if other exchanges do it the same way but if i need a certain amount of money then i dont want to calculate or being surprised with a different amount of money than i asked for.

Of course there are exchanges doing it the same way, but it's the choice of the exchange itself, how they want to do it.
I always withdraw 1.0005 BTC, when I want to have 1BTC. So just add the fee.

But Kraken does allow to change the fee structure from trades (substracted from bitcoins or from €), so it would be a nice (small, tiny, littly, what do I use here? Cheesy ) feature, to change the structure from withdrawals, too.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Is it standard for exchanges, when witdrawing coins or fiat, that the fee is taken from the actual amount someone wants to withdraw? Yesterday i withdrew a couple of bitcoin payments. Only after i had done everything i realized that kraken didnt sent the amount i wanted kraken to send but it took the fee from that amount. So that i had to make a couple of new withdraws to send the missing funds. Of course with another fee on top again.

Now i wanted to withdraw some fiat. It showed the fee and the amount to be withdrawn. I did so, because everything looked ok, and... of course i wont get the amount of money i asked for because the fee was taken from that amount.

I dont like that. Is it possible to change this? When i ask kraken to have an amount of money then i dont want to have such surprises. Of course i want exactly the amount of money i asked to get. I dont know if other exchanges do it the same way but if i need a certain amount of money then i dont want to calculate or being surprised with a different amount of money than i asked for.
legendary
Activity: 966
hey kraken...

we got from your api this message:
{ "error": [ "EGeneral:Temporary lockout" ] }

why we are lockout ? can you please make me free?

thanks

cheers

Request #31811

Hi - if you are locked out of the API, just wait for 15 minutes. There's a rate limit for the API - see below for an explanation of how the limit works.

Our API rate limits works on a count system and depends on your verification tier.

For Tier 3 it works like this:

Max Count (before lockout): 15             (lockout is for 15 minutes)

Count Reduction Rate: 1 every 3 seconds

Count increment for order add/cancel calls: +0

Count increment for ledger/trade history calls: +2

Count increment for all other calls: +1

Example: Starting from a count of 0, suppose that you made the following calls during a 6 second window: 5 add/cancel calls, 6 ledger calls, and 4 "other" calls. Your count would then be 5*0 + 6*2 + 4*1 – 2 = 14 (since the count is below 15 you would not be locked out).

Tiers 1-2: Same as above except Max Count = 10 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 5 seconds.

Tier 4: Same as above except Max Count = 20 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 2 seconds.

is this per account or per api key ?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Certificate pinning would be better imho than wasting money on CAs.
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Is there any reason why you don't use an EV SSL certificate? Would make phishing harder.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
And again two BTC withdrawals are stuck. TicketID #34687.

Dargo: you mentioned often here that this bug was fixed. Since it still happens, it would be good if you could provide us with some guidelines on how to best avoid it. In this case I had 4 withdrawals initiated in just one hour. The first two went smoothly, I then have sent the next two and probably some security algorithm then just stopped the last two. It would be good to know if there is any max number of withdrawals per hour or similiar.

Hi ICFielder - I think I only mentioned once here that we thought the issue might be fixed, but that was shown to be incorrect pretty quickly and I made another statement saying that we were back to working on it. The problem is caused by a complex race condition. We've made good headway on it, but it's not completely resolved. It's a bug and I can't offer any guidelines for how to avoid it.

Hi Dargo -- thanks for answering all inquiries here. I appreciate it very much and is one of the reasons why kraken is my favorite exchange. You are right, you only mentioned once that the ssue would be fixed and another time you work on it. "Work on it" plus some passed time just felt like "fixed".

My withdrawals were sent pretty quickly after raising this issue here and in the ticket. I am happy about this. I was angry because at the same time I had stuck withdrawals at another site -- and they have not reaxted until now, which is hours later than you already!

legendary

Dargo: you mentioned often here that this bug was fixed. Since it still happens, it would be good if you could provide us with some guidelines on how to best avoid it. In this case I had 4 withdrawals initiated in just one hour. The first two went smoothly, I then have sent the next two and probably some security algorithm then just stopped the last two. It would be good to know if there is any max number of withdrawals per hour or similiar.

Hi ICFielder - I think I only mentioned once here that we thought the issue might be fixed, but that was shown to be incorrect pretty quickly and I made another statement saying that we were back to working on it. The problem is caused by a complex race condition. We've made good headway on it, but it's not completely resolved. It's a bug and I can't offer any guidelines for how to avoid it.
legendary
The stuck BTC withdrawals were fixed several hours ago. We are alerted to this issue pretty quickly, so we are working to resolve the stuck withdrawals even if you don't hear from us in this thread.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
I'm waiting for 2 withdrawals for 2 hours now, keeps there in 'sending' state and I even can't cancel this so it isn't for security reason.
Kraken was the best exchange I've ever seen but I think I'll have to look at better alternatives, too many things going wrong last months, just as happened to justcoin.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100

legendary
Hi All,

We just updated the site, which means that the new fee structure is live now. And some pairs have been delisted. If you had any orders pending in the delisted pairs, those orders have been canceled. We delisted KRW (Korean won) pairs and anyone with KRW in their balance can withdraw to their bank.
[...]

Just realised this. Any particular reason for dropping the KRW? Volume?

Yes, low volume. We didn't gain any market traction in Korea and didn't see a good way to change that in the near future, so we decided it was best to drop it and focus on other things.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Hi All,

We just updated the site, which means that the new fee structure is live now. And some pairs have been delisted. If you had any orders pending in the delisted pairs, those orders have been canceled. We delisted KRW (Korean won) pairs and anyone with KRW in their balance can withdraw to their bank.
[...]

Just realised this. Any particular reason for dropping the KRW? Volume?
legendary

If you do changes like this, an announcement would be a good idea.

Agreed. The devs maintain a change log so they can let us know when things like this are scheduled for release, but in this case the information wasn't added to the change log with much advance notice, so I missed it. We plan to have a site where you can go to view the status of things on the main site and I'd like to include some kind of public change log there so you can get some advance notice of upcoming changes.
legendary
OK, I've confirmed that the issue is due to a change on our end. We are using a new algorithm for the monster ID, based on ASNs rather than IPs. This means that the ID will be more useful for those with dynamic IPs that change constantly. I think your ASN can still change occasionally for the same ISP, but it should be pretty infrequent for most people. See the link below if you don't know what an ASN is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_System_(Internet)
I'm almost afraid to ask, but.. would it be possible to keep the old system for those with a static IP (maybe as an option is the settings)? Even if the ASN changes only rarely, a monster ID that changes from time to time makes me feel a lot less secure than an image that never changes. If not possible, i guess that simply typing the Kraken url in the address bar or using a trusted bookmark is the way to make sure i'm on the correct site?

It might be possible to make it optional in the settings (I will ask about this). But if you have a static IP, I don't think you will see your image changing more often. As some have probably noticed, the image is also based on your browser, so it can be different in different browsers, but other than that a static IP should mean a static image. If you do see the image change, typing the url or using a trusted bookmark is a good way to check that you aren't on a phishing site. It's really best to only log in after typing the url or using a trusted bookmark anyway.
Jump to: