Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 232. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Ripple & Stellar Traders:

We have taken our Ripple and Stellar gateways offline pending further investigation of the "partial payments" vulnerability. We will bring the gateways back online as soon as possible, but not before we are absolutely certain that we aren't affected by this vulnerability.

https://medium.com/@abrkn/partial-payments-ripple-stellar-vulnerability-in-the-wild-29aaefd8a7ac
Stellar has disabled this functionality alltogether already (forcing you to pay fees when reimbursing someone), on Ripple you hopefully already check flags before crediting accounts. Better safe than sorry though, this is only a "vulnerability" if you didn't read the documentation, otherwise it's a useful feature.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
hey kraken...

we got from your api this message:
{ "error": [ "EGeneral:Temporary lockout" ] }

why we are lockout ? can you please make me free?

thanks

cheers

Request #31811

Hi - if you are locked out of the API, just wait for 15 minutes. There's a rate limit for the API - see below for an explanation of how the limit works.

Our API rate limits works on a count system and depends on your verification tier.

For Tier 3 it works like this:

Max Count (before lockout): 15             (lockout is for 15 minutes)

Count Reduction Rate: 1 every 3 seconds

Count increment for order add/cancel calls: +0

Count increment for ledger/trade history calls: +2

Count increment for all other calls: +1

Example: Starting from a count of 0, suppose that you made the following calls during a 6 second window: 5 add/cancel calls, 6 ledger calls, and 4 "other" calls. Your count would then be 5*0 + 6*2 + 4*1 – 2 = 14 (since the count is below 15 you would not be locked out).

Tiers 1-2: Same as above except Max Count = 10 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 5 seconds.

Tier 4: Same as above except Max Count = 20 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 2 seconds.

hey....

is it possible to ask the server how many points are reached ?

No, there isn't any query for that. I'll add it as a feature request for our developers to consider though.
legendary
Is there a way to move funds from one kraken account to another without having to use a cryptocurrency? Coupons or something like mtgox had? Or directly pushing to another account?

No, we don't have an option for that. Eventually we want to add support for sub-accounts and you'd probably be able to move funds back and forth easily between your main account and sub-account. We don't have an ETA for sub-accounts at the present time though.
legendary
Ripple & Stellar Traders:

We have taken our Ripple and Stellar gateways offline pending further investigation of the "partial payments" vulnerability. We will bring the gateways back online as soon as possible, but not before we are absolutely certain that we aren't affected by this vulnerability.

https://medium.com/@abrkn/partial-payments-ripple-stellar-vulnerability-in-the-wild-29aaefd8a7ac
legendary
Activity: 966
hey kraken...

we got from your api this message:
{ "error": [ "EGeneral:Temporary lockout" ] }

why we are lockout ? can you please make me free?

thanks

cheers

Request #31811

Hi - if you are locked out of the API, just wait for 15 minutes. There's a rate limit for the API - see below for an explanation of how the limit works.

Our API rate limits works on a count system and depends on your verification tier.

For Tier 3 it works like this:

Max Count (before lockout): 15             (lockout is for 15 minutes)

Count Reduction Rate: 1 every 3 seconds

Count increment for order add/cancel calls: +0

Count increment for ledger/trade history calls: +2

Count increment for all other calls: +1

Example: Starting from a count of 0, suppose that you made the following calls during a 6 second window: 5 add/cancel calls, 6 ledger calls, and 4 "other" calls. Your count would then be 5*0 + 6*2 + 4*1 – 2 = 14 (since the count is below 15 you would not be locked out).

Tiers 1-2: Same as above except Max Count = 10 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 5 seconds.

Tier 4: Same as above except Max Count = 20 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 2 seconds.

hey....

is it possible to ask the server how many points are reached ?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Is there a way to move funds from one kraken account to another without having to use a cryptocurrency? Coupons or something like mtgox had? Or directly pushing to another account?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Hi all - if you are having trouble connecting to the site please know that we are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the heads up, was just checking in to see what was going on.

This was due to a DDOS attack. The site should be functional for non-botters now. Please let us know if you still have trouble accessing the site.

By "functional for non-botters" you mean that my little trading bot will have to wait in the corner for the time being?

If you can load the site manually from the same IP your botting from, that should whitelist the bot. If you can't do that, then yes, your bot will have to wait for the time being. We're looking at an alternative solution for botters as well. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to address the path of attack here.

Ok, it's all the same IP for me, so I should be fine.
legendary
Hi all - if you are having trouble connecting to the site please know that we are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

This was due to a DDOS attack. The site should be functional for non-botters now. Please let us know if you still have trouble accessing the site.

By "functional for non-botters" you mean that my little trading bot will have to wait in the corner for the time being?

If you can load the site manually from the same IP your botting from, that should whitelist the bot. If you can't do that, then yes, your bot will have to wait for the time being. We're looking at an alternative solution for botters as well. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to address the path of attack here.

legendary

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Yepp, since ~15 minutes or so no chance to connect.

legendary
legendary
What's up with LTC volume on Kraken?

It used to have a similar ratio compared to BTC as the other bigger exchanges that have it (BTC-E, OKCoin, ...), so about 10-20x more LTC traded. And since BTC is about 100 times as valuable that makes the BTC volume 5-10x greater than LTC trading volume.

This is also consistent if we compare BTC/FIAT and BTC/LTC pairs. About 90% of trades are BTC/FIAT and 10% BTC/LTC.

But lately I'm noticing on Kraken that sometimes there were actually more BTC traded than LTC. And that gives us a 99% BTC - 1% LTC volume.

Dargo was talking about market makers on Kraken a while back. While I agree that the BTC/EUR trading volume has improved significantly, the rest of the trading pairs are neglected by the market makers. Any thoughts on that?

While I love Kraken for many of it's great features and support, and it is the only exchange that I move FIAT in/out, I am forced to make BTC/LTC trades on BTC-E if I'm in a hurry...

Hi Totscha - we're glad that you love trading on Kraken and hate to think that you sometimes have to go elsewhere for your trading needs. We want to do more to promote LTC volume with things like market making, but to be honest with you, our bandwidth right now is completely consumed with other things. So it's something we want to do, but I'm not sure when we'll have time for a focused effort at it. Our top priority right now is rolling out some exciting new features for the exchange. Some of these things will benefit LTC as well, though, so it will hopefully have a positive impact on volume.
legendary
Still, sometimes the scan seems to skip 1 or 2 runs.
yes.. especially at night.. But I think Dargo is right. Why should kraken chance the update times during the german night time? That makes no sense ^^  So the better explanation is indeed that Fidor do not update their API at night in the same timeframe, or something like this. -> it would not help, at least at night, if Kraken would update the balances every minute.

I'll look into this a little further and let you know if I find anything more, but we're pretty sure that the irregularity is caused by something on Fidor's side. We have to run a script as part of the update to process Fidor-Fidor payments, so it's not really something we can just run continuously over an over. But it might be possible to do it a bit more frequently and I'll check on this possibility. But it may not really help much to run it more frequently if the bottleneck is on Fidor's side. 
legendary
Dargo,

I am having problems withdrawing BTC from my account. I am getting a message saying "Withdrawals are not currently available, Withdrawals have been temporarily disabled for this asset. Please check back later." What is going on? I submitted a ticket to support 30 min ago. Why would this be happening? I am verified for BTC withdrawals. I look forward to a response.

Hi - have you tried it again? I know the message is vague and a bit unsettling, but in almost all cases it is just temporary and works when you try later. There shouldn't be any general issue with BTC withdrawals right now, so it should be working for you. Let me know if you still have an issue (best way would be to PM your ticket number to me so I can take a closer look).
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
yes.. especially at night.. But I think Dargo is right. Why should kraken chance the update times during the german night time? That makes no sense ^^  So the better explanation is indeed that Fidor do not update their API at night in the same timeframe, or something like this. -> it would not help, at least at night, if Kraken would update the balances every minute.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
I am also depositing very often Fidor-Fidor (~10 times a week) and to me the time until it is completed is totally random.
It's not random during the day Wink The timer is one hour, but i changes a bit. The exact time is something like 1 hour and 10 seconds oder 20 seconds or sth. like this.  Thats why the deposit arrives one day at 3pm.  and the next day at 3:02pm.   And a week later it is at3:14pm.
(I don't now the exact numbers, maybe it is a bigger diffference from day to day.
But you can just take a look at your recent deposits. When your deposit from yesterday arrived at 5:35pm, your deposit today will arrive during x:35pm and x:40pm.    I use "x" because it is every hour at daytime.

You are right! This is so convenient to know. Thank you so much, Serpens.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Dargo,

I am having problems withdrawing BTC from my account. I am getting a message saying "Withdrawals are not currently available, Withdrawals have been temporarily disabled for this asset. Please check back later." What is going on? I submitted a ticket to support 30 min ago. Why would this be happening? I am verified for BTC withdrawals. I look forward to a response.
Jump to: