Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 247. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
The connection issue should be resolved now, but of course let us know if you are still having trouble.
legendary
Activity: 984
Seems to work again. At first partially (able to log in, although no other funtions), now trading seems (!) to work.
legendary
I am. What do you want to know?

Thanks Macno - that's all. Just checking to see if others are experiencing the issue. We are working to resolve it.
legendary

The Kraken website is currently unavailable.

Please try again later.
Connection timed out

The initial connection between CloudFlare's network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

Ray ID: 14be4865f215089f
    Your IP address: XXXXX
    Error reference number: 522
    CloudFlare Location: Frankfurt

legendary
I am. What do you want to know?
legendary
Is anyone experiencing connection issues to the site? If so, please let me know.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
The connection issues should be resolved now, so please let us know if you're still having a problem connecting to the site. We're very sorry about the interruption in service.

yes works again.
downtime was about 2–3 hrs.
timeframe about 7p.m. san francisco time.

you can see it at the panic sells on bitcoinwisdom pretty good. the first drop to 452.51 was due to the downtime.

OK, thanks for that information wendel. What happened was that some of our servers went down, but some traffic was getting routed to the down servers. So the site was down for some people, but up for others. The site didn't show up for us as being down until around 9pm. The problem probably showed up earlier for you because you were getting routed to the down servers while our monitors were still getting routed to the servers that were up. That's our guess anyway, because as I said, we didn't see any problem until around 9pm PDT.

One thing learned from the incident is that we need better load balancing across our servers (there shouldn't have been any traffic being routed to the down servers). We'll be putting that in place very soon and once it's done, we should see better response from the site overall.  Inadequate load balancing may be partly to blame for the intermittent connection problems some clients like you have been reporting.

Hi Dargo,

thank you very much for providing the detailed information. Smiley
Fingers crossed for eliminating the issues so everything runs smoothly when the masses join your exchange.

Regards
W
legendary
The connection issues should be resolved now, so please let us know if you're still having a problem connecting to the site. We're very sorry about the interruption in service.

yes works again.

you can see it at the panic sells on bitcoinwisdom pretty good. the first drop to 452.51 was due to the downtime.

OK, thanks for that information wendel. What happened was that some of our servers went down, but some traffic was getting routed to the down servers. So the site was down for some people, but up for others. The site didn't show up for us as being down until around 9pm. The problem probably showed up earlier for you because you were getting routed to the down servers while our monitors were still getting routed to the servers that were up. That's our guess anyway, because as I said, we didn't see any problem until around 9pm PDT.

One thing learned from the incident is that we need better load balancing across our servers (there shouldn't have been any traffic being routed to the down servers). We'll be putting that in place very soon and once it's done, we should see better response from the site overall.  Inadequate load balancing may be partly to blame for the intermittent connection problems some clients like you have been reporting.

yes works again.

legendary
legendary
hi Cannot connect today, "website unvailable" .... hummm

Thanks, we're aware of the problem and working to solve it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
hi Cannot connect today, "website unvailable" .... hummm
legendary
Dargo,

seriously, why don't you guys ever communicate any issues with your website.
I understand that it might be difficult to run a 24/7 business site.

BUT not communicating in a digital age while dealing with crypto currencies is behaving like being left in the last century.
Do you guys have a twitter account? Try it. It won't bite.

When you have maintenance then communicate it like every other page also does.
When there is downtime communicate it.
It's not that difficult. It is your responsibility as a good service provider.

Or is you site so heavily damaged that you are too afraid to say anything.
And your downtimes happen seriously often.

I can't believe I need to tell this to you guys.

Hi Wendel - when did you first notice an issue with the site? The site is partially up for me, but it looks like market data is down. If others are having an issue as well, we are aware of it and looking into it.
Dargo,

seriously, why don't you guys ever communicate any issues with your website.
I understand that it might be difficult to run a 24/7 business site.

BUT not communicating in a digital age while dealing with crypto currencies is behaving like being left in the last century.
Do you guys have a twitter account? Try it. It won't bite.

When you have maintenance then communicate it like every other page also does.
When there is downtime communicate it.
It's not that difficult. It is your responsibility as a good service provider.

Or is you site so heavily damaged that you are too afraid to say anything.
And your downtimes happen seriously often.

I can't believe I need to tell this to you guys.

legendary
I'm really liking Kraken!

Is there a minimum 50 euros on SEPA deposits? I'm asking because I successfully deposited 30 euros last week, but today I saw this minimum. If I transfer just 20 euros, would I run into trouble and never see them appearing in my Kraken account? I've already asked this to Kraken support but I feel it would be useful for other people also.

Yes, we're going to a 50 euro minimum deposit. For right now, we're not enforcing it because we want to give people plenty of time to get the message (and we'll get the message out in other ways before we start enforcing it). So if you've already sent less that 50 euros, don't worry about it. But we highly recommend that you send 50+ for all future deposits.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm really liking Kraken!

Is there a minimum 50 euros on SEPA deposits? I'm asking because I successfully deposited 30 euros last week, but today I saw this minimum. If I transfer just 20 euros, would I run into trouble and never see them appearing in my Kraken account? I've already asked this to Kraken support but I feel it would be useful for other people also.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hey Dargo,

i have ticket #28861.

Waiting for my deposit to happen (was on hold for pending verification).
Last contact I had that i was verified and that my deposit will happen ASAP was 22 hours ago.

How long does it usually take?

Hi murdof - your deposit is credited now. Sorry about the delay. Your request should have been processed faster and it's unclear to me why it wasn't, so this is something I'll review with our support team. 

Thanks Dargo. Everything is OK now!
legendary
Hey Dargo,

i have ticket #28861.

Last contact I had that i was verified and that my deposit will happen ASAP was 22 hours ago.

Hi murdof - your deposit is credited now. Sorry about the delay. Your request should have been processed faster and it's unclear to me why it wasn't, so this is something I'll review with our support team. 
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hey Dargo,

i have ticket #28861.

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Withdrawal went through, thanks again Dargo!
Jump to: