Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 242. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
The issue with stuck bitcoin withdrawals should be fixed now, but please let us know if you are still having a problem.
Hi Dargo,
what are the technical reasons of these issues? I read that it happened frequently.... I'm worried about this situation.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
The issue with stuck bitcoin withdrawals should be fixed now, but please let us know if you are still having a problem.
thanks.

Kraken Website is very slow at the moment (~30seconds to load). Then some minutes no problem and then slow again.

Edit:
also bitcoin.de was affected and it was a cloudflare problem I think, it's sovled some hours later
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
legendary
It doesn't help to be told by Kraken, by way of an explanation for these changes, that 'we aren't interested in the small guys' - that's just short term thinking that will lose business over time. Kraken will become dependent on a small number of big accounts, that can easily switch to a competitor who offers a better deal, rather than having built a broad base of loyal customers with no reason to go elsewhere.

Hi Perambulator - I don't know how you got this message. There's no sense in which the explanation for the new fee structure is that 'we aren't interested in the small guys.' Rather, I was explaining why the fee increase isn't as large for the small guys - how does that add up to not caring about them?   When I said this,

We wouldn't gain much by raising our highest fee to 0.4% over 0.35% and we thought it was more important to have the highest fee start a bit lower.

perhaps I should have added that the reason we felt it was more important to have the highest fee start a bit lower is precisely because of our concern for the small guy.

Edit: perhaps you thought the 80/20 rule I mentioned was a target we were shooting for. If so, that's not the case. It was just a statement of fact about our volume profile. We didn't in any way intend this, it just turns out that the majority of volume is created by a minority of traders. My guess is that it's about the same on most exchanges. That's why it's become a rule, because it has been found to hold across most markets.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
BTC Withdrawal on sending since 2 hours. Fix this please
legendary
Do you have problems with withdrawing bitcoins again?
I ordered a withdrawal 40 minutes ago, but it's not in the blockchain yet. status is "sending".

Hi Serpens - I can see that a few others are having a similar issue and we're looking into it.
legendary
@Dargo
do you have a statement on the money you have on hold and on the unresponsiveness of your support currently on the matter?
Is there an ETA when you will release the money and why have you been locking it for so long? Thank you.

Hi V500 - I completely understand why you don't want to give your ticket number, but without knowing the specifics of your situation, It's hard for me to say anything precise. If you created the ticket late Friday or Saturday, our support is minimal over the weekend (we plan to have better coverage on the weekend soon). You should get a response to your ticket no later than Monday, and your agent can give you details such as the ETA for returning the funds. It sounds like you've already done this, but if not, please reply to the ticket and make it clear that you wish to have the funds returned to you - this will help us to process your request as quickly as possible.  
legendary
Do you have problems with withdrawing bitcoins again?
I ordered a withdrawal 40 minutes ago, but it's not in the blockchain yet. status is "sending".
legendary

create a support ticket and tell the number to Dargo here Wink

i don't see why i need to do that. It is enough intimidation already to get harassed for a selfie and to be asked to connect my btctalk-account to my real identity via this also nothing you should ask me for. I want my support-ticket handled without having to submit supportticket-numbers via btctalk. I hope you get that. So i'll be out here in the open and asking questions until my ticket gets resolved. Thank you.

Submitting a ticket-number via btctalk effectively is tying my btctalk-posts to my home-adress, right. And then a selfie on top of that? No, thank you. I just want my money back. I will not be back.

total breach of privacy. Just send me my money back ASAP and don't fuck around.

Hi V500 - I completely agree with you. It's entirely optional for clients to give their ticket number to me (or Yunus) here. We only ask for ticket numbers in an effort to help process your request more quickly. We only use this information to locate your ticket and we of course don't in any way "tie" your personal information in your Kraken account to your bitcointalk account. But if you don't trust that it's entirely understandable. We're working to make support even more responsive than it already is, which should eliminate much of the need to post about tickets here. Even so, though, it would be good for clients to have a way to "escalate" their tickets in a better and more anonymous fashion. Posting here about a ticket is essentially a way to escalate it, and it's not very well suited to this purpose. So it's something we'd like to move away from.
Activity: 98
@Dargo
do you have a statement on the money you have on hold and on the unresponsiveness of your support currently on the matter?
Is there an ETA when you will release the money and why have you been locking it for so long? Thank you.
legendary
I dont really care about the fees, but i do about FEE.
WTF is this BS?!? Are you trying to make people dependent?

Hi bernard - The fee credits will be used for promotional purposes only. For example, we might offer a promotion where clients creating a new account during a certain period would have their trades fees waived up to a certain amount and we would implement this by crediting their account with FEE. Another possibility is a referral program where a client might receive trading rebates based on the trade volume of the referrals. We've had many requests from our clients for promotions, especially for a referral program, and FEE is simply a way of implementing this. I don't see how it would make anyone dependent. If a client has some FEE from a promotion, the FEE will be automatically applied as a discount to trade fees and that's it. If it turns out that clients have more FEE than they need, we may offer a market for them so that clients can sell their FEE to other clients. But we wouldn't participate in the market and we would let the market determine price (presumably price would be a bit lower than the trade value of the FEE since otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to buy them). I hope that clears things up. 
Activity: 20

You do know this is textbook selective scamming protocol.

i don't see why i need to do that. It is enough intimidation already to get harassed for a selfie and to be asked to connect my btctalk-account to my real identity via this also nothing you should ask me for. I want my support-ticket handled without having to submit supportticket-numbers via btctalk. I hope you get that. So i'll be out here in the open and asking questions until my ticket gets resolved. Thank you.

Submitting a ticket-number via btctalk effectively is tying my btctalk-posts to my home-adress, right. And then a selfie on top of that? No, thank you. I just want my money back. I will not be back.

total breach of privacy. Just send me my money back ASAP and don't fuck around.
legendary
hello. How about just releasing the money on hold?

Here is a lot of complaints. What is the problem on your side?

There a several reasons, why money could be "on hold".
Maybe you sent the same amount of money in a short period of time (some days).
Or you are not verified enough. If you are german, you have to be tier 3 and send an ID Selfie.

For the most EU customers, there are no problems, just a higher fee in September. For germans there is this ID-Selfie problem. Not everyone want to do this of course.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
I dont really care about the fees, but i do about FEE.
WTF is this BS?!? Are you trying to make people dependent?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
did kraken just ruin themselves?
Activity: 20

Yes. Incompetence.
hello. How about just releasing the money on hold?

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
i traded small volumes on kraken and was thinking about moving more trading there but now they want a selfie from me. I won't produce that. Kraken loses me as a customer since i can not even trade 100Euro anymore without DNA and fingerprint sending to them. Sad, indeed. I think they interpret the laws a bit wrong. Can't imagine that selfie is mandatory by law. We are only trading numbers. I don't need to produce a selfie to trade some numbers.

Also their explanation of precausion of fraud is phony at best. Good luck with that buisiness. I hope kraken reviews their practices on that.

With higher fees + selfie kraken is not a place anymore where i want to do trades.
legendary
Thanks again for your feedback Serpens.
and thanks for this detailed answer.
I do arbitrage, and the fee of exchanges is really important for doing this. That's why a doubling of fees hurts that much... and of course I hoped, because of competition, other exchanges would lower their fees, instead of you raising the fees.
Jump to: