Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 284. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello Drago,

We have two USD withdrawals initiated on Jan 28th and Jan 29 amounting to nealy USD $4500. We have waited for 10 business days and since this still did not move we have canceled the withdrawals.

Today 2 weeks later our money still in "Pending state". Multiple requests to support remain unanswered.

Please take a look at those for us to have it cancelled and  the funds moved to USD balance so we can trade BTC. At this point our money were locked in for nearly a month, would appreciate a quick resolution.

Transfer IDs: ACDMGGB and ACDNS4S

Thank you.
Activity: 9
Thanks for the answer, Dargo, and while I am nervous about this, it's true that Kraken is nowhere near the fiasco that Mt Gox has been. Slowness is what came forward the most in this thread, due to what I understood as the growing pains of a fledgling company, never anything scandalous like money or coins disappearing forever. I'm sending you the support ticket, and will go to my bank tomorrow morning.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Kraken is serious as well as Gox nowadays. This exchange is famous for its lost transactions (both in/out, no matter if btc or fiat), which simply dissapears for weeks, months or forever. It is not very good idea to trade there.

This guy probably won't make any friends in this thread, being so brash. However, I deposited money two weeks ago, and no news of it since. Been checking Kraken several times a day, contacted support... I still have no idea what happened to the money. It's probably in limbo, god knows where.

I don't know how SEPA transfers can take so long to process. This is a bit unnerving.

djj exaggerates to the point of absurdity, but not all bank transfers go smoothly. For EUR transfers, a small percentage (much less than 1%) get delayed and it can take a long time to get them resolved in the banking system. If you PM me your ticket number, I can look at your case and see if there is any progress. The standard in the banking industry is that the sending institution is responsible for investigating delayed transfers. So you should get in touch with your bank about this if you haven't already. Also, it's important to have your bank contact our bank as part of the process. If your bank just wants to tell you that the transfer went fine but do nothing more about it, this won't solve anything - there needs to be direct communication between the banks. 
Activity: 9
Kraken is serious as well as Gox nowadays. This exchange is famous for its lost transactions (both in/out, no matter if btc or fiat), which simply dissapears for weeks, months or forever. It is not very good idea to trade there.

This guy probably won't make any friends in this thread, being so brash. However, I deposited money two weeks ago, and no news of it since. Been checking Kraken several times a day, contacted support... I still have no idea what happened to the money. It's probably in limbo, god knows where.

I don't know how SEPA transfers can take so long to process. This is a bit unnerving.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Well, I do understand your point of view. You are in the trading business and earning money when customers make a trade. Fair enough.

We understand your point of view as well - you make some good points. We do a lot of advocacy work in the digital asset space - we are for example a founding member of DATA (Digital Asset Transfer Authority).

http://www.datauthority.org/

But we also need to make money and have to be practical. So digital currencies that trade high volume will tend to get our attention more than currencies that trade lower volume.

I just like bitcoin to succeed and have a feeling that adding coins that do not 'add' something and are based on a meme do not help with adaptation to use bitcoin as a currency by the general public. What if the fun is over? Will the media take the opportunity to use dogecoin as an 'example' how silly virtual currency are? There are already news reports talking about dogecoin price drops and then explain that the name is derived from a meme... People that are not so technical don't understand bitcoin already, explaining what dogecoin is.. well..

Dogecoin could crash once the meme wears thin and attract negative publicity. But it's not clear that dogecoin would die as a result. If the user base is well established already, it may carry on just fine. It's also not clear that the negative publicity would hurt bitcoin much. Bitcoin has already weathered a lot of negative publicity just fine. The take-way message might end up being, "alts are dangerous, better to stick with bitcoin." So the negative publicity for dogecoin could be a plus for bitcoin.

Also, I'm not clear on why it would be that only coins which don't "add" anything might detract from bitcoin. At this point there are a bunch of interesting alts that "add" something. These interesting alts probably confuse the general public just as much as the uninteresting alts, and contribute just as much to the idea that digital currency might be iterated to the point of triviality.    

Sure, maybe dogecoin does add something(to use it for 'tips' on reddit for example), but compared to bitcoin and litecoin, dogecoin is still very young. Biggest part of those 65k+ subscribers are probably there since the beginning. Hashrate is still very high because until now it is the most profitable coin on mining pools(even on switcher coin) and people get paid in litecoin. When dogecoin price is not rocketing anymore and the mining payout is halved, it will become less profitable and people will switch.

We'd just have to address this situation if it arose. If the network hashrate dropped to dangerous levels, we'd halt trading.  

Cryptocurrencys are something new and we yet have to find correct 'settings'(eg. confirmation time) that work in a real life environment. Adding a coin that is innovative and does try something completely new like NXT(no I don't have any nxt..) would make sense. Dogecoin is just another fork(that get's forked also because of the super fast confirmation time..)

It seems that when most people talk about a coin adding something "new," they are talking about the technical parameters of the coin. This discounts the importance of things like branding, marketing, community, etc., which strikes me as a bit short-sighted. Sure, dogecoin doesn't add anything new on a technical basis. But it has arguably been quite innovative in terms of it's unique branding and community, and these things do matter. NXT is interesting and certainly deserves a shot on some exchanges, and it's being given a shot. It might make sense for us to offer it, but I'm not so sure it makes more sense to offer it than dogecoin. Given your point below, which is a good one, we probably don't want to offer every coin that's interesting and might make some sense to offer. We are aware of the increased danger of forks with dogecoin and have special monitoring in place as a precaution against that.

We have already seen on cryptsy that the more coins they added, the lower the volume for each coin became and the less interesting it was to trade a particular coin. This is what I see happening on the dutch kraken community. People start to trade at other exchanges because volume is better.

Yeah, unfortunately more choice and more options in trading can be the enemy of liquidity. We have to be careful about overdoing it, but at the same time we don't want be afraid of expansion.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys thought it through like everything on your exchange and we'll see in future how it will work out..

Yes, we'll be watching closely to see how it goes. Thanks for your thoughts.
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253
DGE has been changed to XDG.  If you're using the API, that's XXDG.

Stuck dogecoin withdrawals should now have been processed.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Oh my, that sounds more like cryptsy! Please enlighten us. Do you have any statistics? Real life experience? Meh, I doubt it. Kraken is becoming better and better. I'm trading here for several months now and they have the best support in the case something does happen.

Anyway, thank you for specially registering on this forum to post that message! We love people's opinion based on fiction(or what they would like to see?).
Activity: 149
Merit: 100

Sorry, but that's just nonsense.
Activity: 434

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
djj
Activity: 1
Activity: 364
More fun, easier, and has more utility than other crypto coins?  You have my attention, please enlighten us.

That is only your misinterpretation of what I said, go back and read it again
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
improve:
It would be nice, if the site refreshes better.  I want to say: 

-I have an open order.
-Then at 6pm I take a look on the "new order" screen at my current open orders to see, if someone filled the order. No one did, so I cancel the order at 6:01. After one minute I take a look in my history and see that my order get filled at 5:59.   
The "new order" menu refreshes automatically (every 1 minute?), but you can't refresh it by yourself. You can go back to account and then again to "new order" but this does not refresh the screen of your open orders.

So it happens that I buy the amount of bitcoins twice. (When I make a new order after canceling, with a better price).

-> I hate these "automatical refreshes" on all websites... because it does not refresh exactly enough and a manual refresh does not help.

There's a manual refresh button in the top right, next to the "current time" and "last updated" fields. It's the blue button with the 2 arrows in a circle. It refreshes things like order book and order status.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
improve:
It would be nice, if the site refreshes better.  I want to say:  

-I have an open order.
-Then at 6pm I take a look on the "new order" screen at my current open orders to see, if someone filled the order. No one did, so I cancel the order at 6:01. After one minute I take a look in my history and see that my order get filled at 5:59.    
The "new order" menu refreshes automatically (every 1 minute?), but you can't refresh it by yourself. You can go back to account and then again to "new order" but this does not refresh the screen of your open orders.

So it happens that I buy the amount of bitcoins twice. (When I make a new order after canceling, with a better price).

-> I hate these "automatical refreshes" on all websites... because it does not refresh exactly enough and a manual refresh does not help.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
More fun, easier, and has more utility than other crypto coins?  You have my attention, please enlighten us.  I think I own 6 Dogecoins.
doge has a fair amount of utility, plus it's fun and easy to use.

Hence the massive user base for the coin. I think it's actually evolving into a coin of importance.
Have you guys seen the update on kraken? Doge can now officially be traded there.

I'm sure it will attract new customers and stuff but geez.. How can a serious exchange add such a terrible coin? Huh

Seconded.

Turded.

So a "serious" exchange only offers "serious" coins? By what criteria does a coin count as serious? The answer to this question is bound to be controversial, but note that dogecoin has:

• Massive userbase
  • 65k+ subscribers on reddit
  • Hashrate rivaling that of litecoin
  • Trade volume rivaling that of litecoin

Whatever may be said against dogecoin, the fact is that it has gained traction very rapidly and become a very serious coin for trading. Why wouldn't a serious exchange want to offer it? We are after all in the trading business.  

Well, I do understand your point of view. You are in the trading business and earning money when customers make a trade. Fair enough.

I just like bitcoin to succeed and have a feeling that adding coins that do not 'add' something and are based on a meme do not help with adaptation to use bitcoin as a currency by the general public. What if the fun is over? Will the media take the opportunity to use dogecoin as an 'example' how silly virtual currency are? There are already news reports talking about dogecoin price drops and then explain that the name is derived from a meme... People that are not so technical don't understand bitcoin already, explaining what dogecoin is.. well..

Sure, maybe dogecoin does add something(to use it for 'tips' on reddit for example), but compared to bitcoin and litecoin, dogecoin is still very young. Biggest part of those 65k+ subscribers are probably there since the beginning. Hashrate is still very high because until now it is the most profitable coin on mining pools(even on switcher coin) and people get paid in litecoin. When dogecoin price is not rocketing anymore and the mining payout is halved, it will become less profitable and people will switch.

We have already seen on cryptsy that the more coins they added, the lower the volume for each coin became and the less interesting it was to trade a particular coin. This is what I see happening on the dutch kraken community. People start to trade at other exchanges because volume is better.

Cryptocurrencys are something new and we yet have to find correct 'settings'(eg. confirmation time) that work in a real life environment. Adding a coin that is innovative and does try something completely new like NXT(no I don't have any nxt..) would make sense. Dogecoin is just another fork(that get's forked also because of the super fast confirmation time..)

Anyway, I'm sure you guys thought it through like everything on your exchange and we'll see in future how it will work out..
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Whatever may be said against dogecoin, the fact is that it has gained traction very rapidly and become a very serious coin for trading. Why wouldn't a serious exchange want to offer it? We are after all in the trading business.  

Dargo,

When will somebody from your organisation talk to tradingview.com to arrange for ALL your instruments getting ploted on their charting service for free?

Bitcoinwisdom is fine, but they have only TWO of your symbols.
Something I am really missing and am used to(on a stock trading website I use) is a good overview of my positions.

Things I definitely want to know:
- Amount of each position/coin
- Unrealised profit & percentage
- Average historical buy price
- Historical value
- Current value

Information about my performance vs. market and downloading historical data to excel would be nice.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
Dogecoin does have hype these days ,and in Korea I have heard more about it than about Ltc.  Litecoin for some reason is not popular here like it is in China (relatively speaking).
I am curious to know why when adding Dogecoin you didnt create a dogecoin/KRW currency pair.  It would surely do more volume than LTC/KRW.
Any plans to add it?
Jump to: