Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 298. (Read 628818 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
The site is now completely down Sad

Doesn't Kraken have any emergency crew on call or at least some PR person that lives outside of the Pacific timezone for these type of things?
It's an interesting detail indeed that they are based on completely different timezone than where most customers are located and seem not to have anyone available in other timezones...

No response to this from Dargo?... It is certainly frustrating. Being that I am in the Middle East and exactly 12 hours different...

Yep it's awkward that the majority of our team is out of sync with the majority of our customers because of the different time zones. We've hired three people for customer support who are based in Europe. But the two who work full time are currently in California training at the office, and the third just works part-time.

As far as customer support goes, the first priority is to eliminate the slow response times. Once we get that issue resolved, we can start thinking about how to deal with the time zone issue. Delays in support caused by the time zone difference are relatively minor compared to the net delays customers are experiencing.

As far as PR goes, I mentioned above that we're looking at what we can do to get information out to users more quickly if there's some issue with deposits, withdrawals, the site goes down, etc. Keep in mind that we have limited resources, so it's going to be a matter of doing the best we can with what we've got. But I'm sure it can be improved quite a bit.

Sounds great! Good to hear that you guys are taking customer concerns serious. Lot of exchanges can learn from that.

For your information:
There are currently two parties in The Netherlands close to a banking license to trade XBT<->EUR. One focuses on the dutch market, the other on west-european market. The last one is already relatively big with a big customer base. As far as I can see, they can become some serious competition to kraken, especially when they get through the legal papers..
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
no update about the order book bug yet?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
The unofficial kraken app(made by a user here on the forums) is big news on a prominent tech website in The Netherlands: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/93916/microsoft-laat-eerste-bitcoin-app-toe-op-windows-phone-platform.html

English: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftweakers.net%2Fnieuws%2F93916%2Fmicrosoft-laat-eerste-bitcoin-app-toe-op-windows-phone-platform.html&act=url

This is the news we can use to get more volume on kraken! Grin

Kraken: When are you planning to release android and iOS apps? I think you will be the first official one..

The iOS app will be first, but we don't have a release date at this time.   
legendary

Doesn't Kraken have any emergency crew on call or at least some PR person that lives outside of the Pacific timezone for these type of things?
It's an interesting detail indeed that they are based on completely different timezone than where most customers are located and seem not to have anyone available in other timezones...

No response to this from Dargo?... It is certainly frustrating. Being that I am in the Middle East and exactly 12 hours different...

Yep it's awkward that the majority of our team is out of sync with the majority of our customers because of the different time zones. We've hired three people for customer support who are based in Europe. But the two who work full time are currently in California training at the office, and the third just works part-time.

As far as customer support goes, the first priority is to eliminate the slow response times. Once we get that issue resolved, we can start thinking about how to deal with the time zone issue. Delays in support caused by the time zone difference are relatively minor compared to the net delays customers are experiencing.

As far as PR goes, I mentioned above that we're looking at what we can do to get information out to users more quickly if there's some issue with deposits, withdrawals, the site goes down, etc. Keep in mind that we have limited resources, so it's going to be a matter of doing the best we can with what we've got. But I'm sure it can be improved quite a bit.

legendary
Hi,

concerning account & withdrawals.
On the 'WIthdrawal Page' it states

"Important: The name on the bank account you are withdrawing to must match the name on the account you are withdrawing from."

Does the name have to be a 100% match ? or do you check manually , and when it resembles is ok ?
If it has to be a 100% match , is there a way to get it changed ?

When i verified tier 2 , i switched the order first & last name.
And Iused my calling name , instead of my exact name on my passport.
like rob instead of robert

kind regards.

If the order of first and last name are switched, this should be fixed, so create a ticket about it. The difference between "Rob" and "Robert" isn't a problem.
The unofficial kraken app(made by a user here on the forums) is big news on a prominent tech website in The Netherlands: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/93916/microsoft-laat-eerste-bitcoin-app-toe-op-windows-phone-platform.html

English: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftweakers.net%2Fnieuws%2F93916%2Fmicrosoft-laat-eerste-bitcoin-app-toe-op-windows-phone-platform.html&act=url

This is the news we can use to get more volume on kraken! Grin

Kraken: When are you planning to release android and iOS apps? I think you will be the first official one..
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

Activity: 13
Hi,

concerning account & withdrawals.
On the 'WIthdrawal Page' it states

"Important: The name on the bank account you are withdrawing to must match the name on the account you are withdrawing from."

Does the name have to be a 100% match ? or do you check manually , and when it resembles is ok ?
If it has to be a 100% match , is there a way to get it changed ?

When i verified tier 2 , i switched the order first & last name.
And Iused my calling name , instead of my exact name on my passport.
like rob instead of robert

kind regards.
Hmmm...our bank seems to think the BIC and address is needed, so I'll have to ask about this. But whatever you do, *DO NOT* forget to include your public account ID with deposits (the ID is also called your reference code on the deposit instruction pages). Leaving out your public account ID will cause a delay in crediting your account.
Almost all the guys you are quoting are dutch. On most banks in The Netherlands, you only have to fill in the IBAN. The bank then calculates the BIC and displays it. Recently(or soon) the whole country and I think whole of Europe is transferring from national bank account numbers to IBAN. This way we should be able to pay anyone within the european union with only a IBAN number and no BIC.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Yeah, I've SEPA'ed to Bitstamp and Kraken by just providing IBAN and name of beneficiary. That's one of the main points behind SEPA, you don't need BIC codes and the address of the bank and all that useless info anymore.

My bank begs to differ. They want all that useless info otherwise they won't process the transfer.
legendary
I question, I want to make a deposit. How does the SEPA works ? When a I go the website of my bank to make a transfer, I can only write the IBAN, BIC and account name. I can see no section to choose a SEPA type transfer and include everything which is written on kraken (adress' and reference).

I guess i'm a little bit of a beginner with bank transfer^^

You don't need to include all that data. Just make sure you send the money to the correct IBAN and Account name, and include your reference.

Are you sure about this ? Because on the SEPA info' it says that you have to make sure to include all the information (reference etc...)

Yeah, I've SEPA'ed to Bitstamp and Kraken by just providing IBAN and name of beneficiary. That's one of the main points behind SEPA, you don't need BIC codes and the address of the bank and all that useless info anymore.

Hmmm...our bank seems to think the BIC and address is needed, so I'll have to ask about this. But whatever you do, *DO NOT* forget to include your public account ID with deposits (the ID is also called your reference code on the deposit instruction pages). Leaving out your public account ID will cause a delay in crediting your account.
legendary
My Ripple Withdraw not work!!
someone else??

We did have some Ripple withdrawals issues, but fixed about 4 hours ago. Let us know if your withdrawal still isn't working. 
legendary

It wasn't completely down. At least, we didn't detect any issues. Looks like it was just down for some people for about a half hour or less. Whatever the issue was exactly, it resolved itself without our input.
legendary
I'm getting a "Service unavailable" notice when trying to withdraw. Anyone else having these issues? The notice popped up on the first page of the funding section too, where you normally get an overview of recent deposits/withdrawals.

Same problem here! (yet!!!!)  Huh

I hope they solve it soon. I don't think this is something to get alarmed (I've seen some red comment above mine...).

But, if some kraken staff is seing this: you have to improve very much your communication! This is serious, so you should have a big red alarm box in all your pages saying: what is happening, why, and estimated solving time!

Worse that malfunction is lack of information!

+1

we love you Kraken, just keep us in the loop please.

Sorry about that guys - our backend person was the first to notice the issue and he just got straight to fixing the issue without alerting the communications team. We actually do have a big message alarm box to use now, but we need to look at what needs to be done to make sure it gets used in situations like this.
Activity: 149
Big news everyone! Microsoft just approved my WP8 Kraken trading app! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430844.new#new
Activity: 640
Merit: 500
Archduke of Criptoaerica, vassal of WallStreetCafe
My Ripple Withdraw not work!!
someone else??
Activity: 34
http://i43.tinypic.com/2rrv6f9.jpg

Perhaps I'm wrong but where do you see the 420BTC? Also the last trade is 2h ago.

I know it's a tight border. But doesn't it make sense? If the price drop more than 3% (limit) I speculate that it drops more in future and rebuy BTC then and speculate on a long(er) time raise.
Oh thought you were talking eur. I'm gonna go with Serpens66 on that one, especially if your just speculating on the price, EURUSD conversion is as good as fixed rate compared to Bitcoin. If you have to trade against the spread you're going to get eaten in no time, it's 2% between bid and ask right now. So it would have to fall another 2% before you break even, and then again you may be wrong.

It's always good to 'backtest' you're strategy against historical prices. They a look at this chart (BTCEUR) : http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/kraken/btceur , get a calculator and see what would've happened if you did this a day, a week or a month ago, to get a feel for the profitability of your strategy. In the last month the daily difference between high and low has been more than 3% on 9 separate days, which would've surely triggered your stop. You have to keep in mind that your stop is reset any time the best bid reaches a new high, and triggered any time the best bid  3% below that. It doesn't matter if it's just for a second and for a size of 0.0001 btc.

Activity: 149
you have to trade in €/BTC for better volume Wink

Oh I see... Thanks for the hint Smiley

Yea, Kraken is more focussed on XBT/EUR. XBT/USD is pretty non-existing on Kraken.
Activity: 121

Oh I see... Thanks for the hint Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Jump to: