Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 13. (Read 106962 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Heya

newb question but in the URL section, what do I put in?

is it

stratum+tcp://grumpy.imine.at:3355

or

//grumpy.imine.at:3355

or

grumpy.imine.at:3355

Thanks!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Another drawback I see is single point of failure, if the rig running the proxy is dead all the rigs connected to it will stop :/
And what about rigs not connected to the same local network?
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
- speed statistic is measured by ACCEPTED SHARES - the stats shown on LeaseRig will actually reflect what you get on pools; this means that rigs using this proxy can be sold for higher price
I don't get that.  Huh
speed from accepted shares will be lower than normal speed, which includes stales and rejects, right?
The rig will show lower speed on site => lower price.
Also the reject/stale/accepted ratio depends on pool. And customer won't know what will the ratio be on his/her pool.
Am i missing something?

Well, after thinking for a bit more, I decided to INCLUDE rejected and staled shares in calculation. But the variance is still high. My rig (5.3mhs) was going from 2mhs and up to 10mhs lol. That is some "luck".

Anyway, the support for old "cgminer API" method is still there and will stay. So providers have a choice which method to use.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
- speed statistic is measured by ACCEPTED SHARES - the stats shown on LeaseRig will actually reflect what you get on pools; this means that rigs using this proxy can be sold for higher price
I don't get that.  Huh
speed from accepted shares will be lower than normal speed, which includes stales and rejects, right?
The rig will show lower speed on site => lower price.
Also the reject/stale/accepted ratio depends on pool. And customer won't know what will the ratio be on his/her pool.
Am i missing something?
UPDATE REGARDING LOCAL PROXY DEVELOPMENT

I have not done much updates on site directly in past few days, because I was "hiddenly" developing local stratum mining proxy that will bring several benefits to users of LeaseRig.net (mostly providers).

I am already running beta test on my own 2 rigs and will soon offer the rig (yes, now it will be one rig combining hash power of both rigs together) for rental.

So, lets see what are the benefits:
- no more cgminer API configuration needed
- no more port forwarding needed
- no more taking care of your IP either being static or using some dyndns service
- basically, it gets as simple as running a simple lightweight application among with cgminers
- better pool management; immediate pool changes, reliable pool removals - this will very nicely integrate with existing features such as preconfigured pools in orders and auto-set-pool when hiring - overall pool management is not bugged anymore and will work as expected
- saving of pools; every change is reflected in updated pools.conf file - in case your rig goes down, you will have no issues putting customers pools back on; in fact, all you have to is run proxy and these pools will be auto loaded; pools are saved by priority (another great thing that cgminer lacks)
- support for big farm rigs with tens of mhs
- less admin management needed
- pool switching is fast with no delays (just make sure your cgminer or whatever miner connects to proxy ONLY and no other pools - you can manage all backup pools via proxy - by config file or via LeaseRig.net admin panel)
- decentralized mining is intact (very important factor, just check out what happened with betarigs when there were too many connections to single pool)
- various miners will be supported, thus supporting cpu mining for cpu only altcoins

The drawbacks are:
- no realtime of khash stats that you get in cgminer; khash measured by accepted shares means that if your customer is mining on bad pool, he will get much lower actual speed (I may change this in future and report both speeds just to make everything more clear)
- only stratum protocol supported (for now, I will implement getwork for solomining later; the issue with solomining is that we will not be able to calculate speed, because miners do not send any data back besides when block is solved - until I develop real pool-proxy)
- variance of reported speed might be high (just like on pools)

There will be windows and linux binaries provided. The application is very lightweight, coded in C, consumes almost 0 resources and could handle 500+ rigs for sure. Since it is a singlethreaded design, it means I have plenty of room to scale it up with worker threads, but so far this is not needed yet. You will be able to run it on one of your existing rigs and then configure all other rigs to connect to it in your local network.
Activity: 4
If you notice downtime now, try to run the test. It will tell you where is the issue.

The lost stats bug shall not repeat again. It was fixed.

Maybe for the lost stats but the stats engine is bugged... i have two screenshot to prove that.    1 show that i had down time and  the other  show that the hash speed dropped but rig was online ...  

pm me an email address to send the screenshot if you want them.

thanks
If you notice downtime now, try to run the test. It will tell you where is the issue.

The lost stats bug shall not repeat again. It was fixed.
Activity: 4
As it appears, some rigs did lost stats recently, but only few. I am looking into it. It has to do something about java garbage collecting referenced objects.

I have noticed strange things too . My rig appeared down today but the rig was running ... i think the timeout theory is right , there is now reason the graph show the rig was down today ... Network connectivity of the rig is dedicated redundant fiber path with multiple providers. All circuits are monitored 24/7. my cgminer never restarted and seams to have mined properly all day. This bug need to be investigated because rig provider look bad at the end of the day.
There is one good paying order, which has high volume considering 4 hours max rental time. You should fill it up.
The issue will have affect on 72h graph until there are 72 * 60 new entries logged. If your rig is disabled, no entries are logged. These stats do reflect past "working" state. Disabled rig does not count as being in worked state.

I did some changes, hopefully won't happen again.
Activity: 372
This is really annoying, you may want to look at mine at the same time, it seems that the 2 hours downtime I mentioned yesterday is a "sliding one".  We are about 9-10 hours after I wrote the first message and that downtime now showing as happening 6 hours ago... when I wrote those lines yesterday it was also displaying as being 6 hours ago..   Rig is online on the administration website, stats appear to be updating (I can see my current MHs changing over time) but my downtime remain static between 6 and 4 hours, clearly something is wrong here, if this was a "new" downtime I would still see the previous one in the graph.

Before you ask, I was on the 24+ graph both yesterday and today so this isn't a matter of perception because of the number of intervals per plotted point has changed.
As it appears, some rigs did lost stats recently, but only few. I am looking into it. It has to do something about java garbage collecting referenced objects.
Activity: 2
Activity: 372
Hi,

Just a couple of comments about the speed graph, I do like the idea and find it very useful at times.  On the other hand speed reporting needs to be fixed up as a failure to read speed from the rig get reported as 0 on the graph and now with the new RED feature in the graph it also says that the rig was offline (which is absolutely false in most cases).  Maybe add another color for when speed reporting is down like today so that customer don't think we are tying to rip them off.  I would also suggest replacing "OFFLINE:Yes" by "unable to read speed from provider" because this really is what it is, it has nothing to do with offline rigs unless you would be getting timeouts for 5 to 10 minutes straight or would attempt other things (ping, client app online/offline reporting, etc).

A couple of hours ago LeaseRig had and issue and 2 hours out of my graph and other provider graphs (that I can name in a PM) disappeared, we're all on different networks.  The only way possible for this to happen at the same time is if LeaseRig had issues since our logs are as clean as can be.  I also have multiple process from more than one network pulling stats from the rig and none of them have any issues, it seems that LeaseRig has issues everyday but nobody else does.... go figure.  

This leads me to my issue with the new graphs, with this LeaseRig downtime today I find myself having to compensate a customer for 2 hours when the problem wasn't on my side.  I find myself having to credit most contract ever since that graph came to life and my network works just fine... so does the network of the other providers I know.

I suggest some attention is paid to that new feature and/or maybe increase the socket connection timeouts or something because it appears only LeaseRig pulling stats from my rig and other fellows rig.

Anybody else having issues with the graph incorrectly reporting them as offline throughout the day or screwing up with the avg speed?
Activity: 58
I know that this has already been discussed before, but how do I disable rig with there is an active lease on the rig? Basically I don't want the rig to be rented anymore after the current lease. Is the only option to delete all renting plans? This is really annoying ...

If I click on "Disable minig rig" button, I get an warning "Unable to disable rig with active lease." and rig is still active. What are my options?

also, make sure you havent allowed extend rental option to current hirer
I know that this has already been discussed before, but how do I disable rig with there is an active lease on the rig? Basically I don't want the rig to be rented anymore after the current lease. Is the only option to delete all renting plans? This is really annoying ...

If I click on "Disable minig rig" button, I get an warning "Unable to disable rig with active lease." and rig is still active. What are my options?

Modify price of all renting plans by high factor. Noone is going to rent your rig for 2 BTC a day. And if they do, you are damn lucky haha Smiley
Activity: 457
Merit: 273

Coloring of listed pools in the "POOLS" tab: djeZo, currently you're coloring in light red the pool that is alive and active ... I don't like this, because red color usually means that something is wrong, stopped, etc. I suggest this:

color= light green for alive + currently active pool
color= white (neutral) for alive + currently non-active pools
color = light red for dead pools

I had a bug in coloring, I fixed this, is it ok now?

thats great now, thanks
Coloring of listed pools in the "POOLS" tab: djeZo, currently you're coloring in light red the pool that is alive and active ... I don't like this, because red color usually means that something is wrong, stopped, etc. I suggest this:

color= light green for alive + currently active pool
color= white (neutral) for alive + currently non-active pools
color = light red for dead pools

I had a bug in coloring, I fixed this, is it ok now?
Pages:
Jump to: