Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Lordmancer II token sale is finished - page 39. (Read 27436 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 101
We make a game with real cryptoeconomy

So there could be some "epic/legendary" items, that players would sell for couple thousands of dollars? I mean that only people can set prices for items?

Absolutely! Players will be able to assign prices. But it is a market, if nobody wants to buy, the price wii go down.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Can you buy a coin in the game? Or can only be purchased on the exchange, and then transferred to the game inside?
Activity: 518
So, I just got finished reviewing the white paper. Wow, this game, plus the lord coin system, makes this a potentially huge market. Only thing needed will be an steady economy of loyal players who keep coming back for more. How will inflation be dealt with? Lets say lord coins reach $10 a coin, will purchasable in game content be adjusted to match the price? Do players set the bar, as far as price is concerned?   Huh

Good question!

The majority of trading deals will be between players. So the open market will define the price of Lord Coin.

Price of game contents that are purchased from the game will be adjusted to the new price of Lord Coin.

So there could be some "epic/legendary" items, that players would sell for couple thousands of dollars? I mean that only people can set prices for items?
Activity: 350
So, I just got finished reviewing the white paper. Wow, this game, plus the lord coin system, makes this a potentially huge market. Only thing needed will be an steady economy of loyal players who keep coming back for more. How will inflation be dealt with? Lets say lord coins reach $10 a coin, will purchasable in game content be adjusted to match the price? Do players set the bar, as far as price is concerned?   Huh

Good question!

The majority of trading deals will be between players. So the open market will define the price of Lord Coin.

Price of game contents that are purchased from the game will be adjusted to the new price of Lord Coin.

The price won't change for players, they will just buy an amount in dollars, so whatever the price will be, the amount in dollars stays the same, this will make possible that the token's price change constantly inside the game, because if for example each token start at 10$ and then it goes up to 25, then if I was able to buy a sword at 1 token or 10$ now i will have to spend 15$ more for the same sword, which won't e good for the game, the player and the token, so the prices must change inside the game to allow the prices match in fiat currencies, this will make irrelevant for people to buy low or high, because the value of their dollars won't change at all, so sellers will pump the price in trading, the other option is that the token has a fixed price in dollars, but that won't be good for the outside market, the other options would be as follow, there won't be a inside market run by NPC, but everything will have to be bargained from player to player, i mean, some players could become merchants themselves, and interact with other players that want to buy, so they bargain a price based on the token, the current price in exchanges and the value inside the game, together with a webpage with list of items that are being sold, that will create an active economy inside the game

Good question!

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Neat idea but holy hell what a undertaking the gold farmers would go GAH GAH for this.
What if you could mine the tokens in game then in the virtual markets exchange them for in game items  or real world stuff and make it all part of the experience? Kind of like shops and auction houses on steroids.
BTW has anyone noticed the chests? By returning to the game every 5 hours you get at least one of the minor chests, an intermediate chest once a day, and a superior chest every once in a while!

Lordmancer II combines successful mechanics from PC and mobile games. Chests are common for modern game titles. It is way to make players open the game as often as possible.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
To use the technology of the blockchain and be able to realise projects like this one is a really funny thing, quite cool Smiley
Activity: 294
Burning of a fraction of LCs with every in-game transaction provides: 
● Constant demand for LCs on the open market 

Hello dev, can you explain how this thing works?

If you burn money, there is less money available so the demand increases compared to the offer.

It allows the price to grow because of the offer and demand law.
Exactly, the law of supply and demand. People who needs Lordmancer tokens will be buying them no matter of their price. With smaller total supply price will be higher  Smiley
And how it can be related to constant demand?
Sorry if this includes noob questions, but i just still dont get it.
I think if the value of the LC increased, then the number of demands will also change. Whether it will decrease because the price is more expensive or maybe it can increase too.

The market could regulate itself like this :

Offer decrease, Demand stay the same, price goes up. The demand remains constant but in comparison to the Offer it will be bigger than before the burn.

The demand could decrease but by decreasing the offer the ratio remain the same, and so the value.

The demand could increase and by decreasing the offer, the ratio changes even faster, and so the value inscrease even faster.

Activity: 308

If you burn money, there is less money available so the demand increases compared to the offer.

Exactly, the law of supply and demand. People who needs Lordmancer tokens will be buying them no matter of their price. With smaller total supply price will be higher  Smiley
I think if the value of the LC increased, then the number of demands will also change. Whether it will decrease because the price is more expensive or maybe it can increase too.

Yeah it can change in both directions, but as it is the currency to pay on the market the players will have a greater demand for coins. Smiley

Not only that. As a player, you'll want to use the tokens to improve. As an investor, you'll want to buy the tokens at their lowest price. Then you play 2 games at the time, the mobile game itself, and a trading game in the exchanges  Grin

The price will be also linked to in-game events so the Lordmancer II community, being more aware of the game, will be able to find investing strategies.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112

Yeah it can change in both directions, but as it is the currency to pay on the market the players will have a greater demand for coins. Smiley
Activity: 392
I loved Heroes of Might and Magic, it was one of my favorite games growing up....If this is going to have mechanics from that game style....I'd totally love to be apart of this.

Yes it was a great game. If this game is as good as the old Heroes of Might and Magic it will be a huge success, because it could work on a mobile device very well
Activity: 490

Activity: 210
I loved Heroes of Might and Magic, it was one of my favorite games growing up....If this is going to have mechanics from that game style....I'd totally love to be apart of this.

Exactly, the law of supply and demand. People who needs Lordmancer tokens will be buying them no matter of their price. With smaller total supply price will be higher  Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
Burning of a fraction of LCs with every in-game transaction provides: 
● Constant demand for LCs on the open market 

This is one of the best features Smiley
Everytime something is bought, some LCs will be burned! Less LCs the more value 1 LC gets. It will take some time but it will have influence on the price.

There are more cool features  Wink Wink
Yeha, there is no PC version planned. The dev said it previously in the thread.
Activity: 312
Merit: 106
The game isn't compatible with my mobile device due to me having an outdated phone, but I've seen a few youtube videos of people playing it. Looks awesome, so I'm sure it will gather a huge following. Compared to the first game, Lordmancer II seems to be getting a major overhaul! I plan on following this project closely.   Wink
Lordmancer II target audience: 
- 85% male 
- 15-35 years old 
- Current mid-core mobile RPG audience 
- Current online game players 

Well you need to upgrade your phone if you want to play this game  Grin
yes you do if you like to play it right now or in any other day, i think a PC platform are on the table and they are discussing it. my phone is a little outdated so might wait for a pc release.

We allready had this discussion before and it would be really surprising if there would be a pc version. There you would have much more bigger competitors and you would need much more capital+knowledge to realize that. Dont think that it would be worth.

The game isn't compatible with my mobile device due to me having an outdated phone, but I've seen a few youtube videos of people playing it. Looks awesome, so I'm sure it will gather a huge following. Compared to the first game, Lordmancer II seems to be getting a major overhaul! I plan on following this project closely.   Wink
Lordmancer II target audience:
- 85% male  
- 15-35 years old  
- Current mid-core mobile RPG audience  
- Current online game players

Well you need to upgrade your phone if you want to play this game  Grin
yes you do if you like to play it right now or in any other day, i think a PC platform are on the table and they are discussing it. my phone is a little outdated so might wait for a pc release.

As far as I know, there wont be any PC version. Only mobile phones or if you realy want you can use some kind of emulator.
Pages:
Jump to: