Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 153. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Still waiting for Cryptsy to fix their wallet -_-

There is what, probably 500,000,000 coins trapped there right now.

That is probably, why you see such strange price action. ..the coin is wanting to rise, but is being held back. Price is very cheap on Cryptsy but those coins are basically worthless at the moment, so coins on other exchanges are going for more, but they don't want to disconnect too much from Cryptsy ... So the market is officially confused.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
Interesting how all these other coins have received hyping and 'all this and all that' attention, and Mintcoin quitely keeps its ranks through all the noise. Mintcoin has surpassed Feathercoin, Worldcoin, Primecoin, Crave, Quark, Megacoin, Potcoin, Vertcoin, Devcoin...so many, among others.

Volume of this coin is too bad, it needs to improve ... I remember mint was glorious on mintpal.  Undecided

Yeah, I guess if cryptsy wallet gets fixed it would help... I have slowly seen volume increase on Poloniex, its easy sign up since they dont deal with usd they have no verification process..

I've used Bter, Cryptsy, and Poloniex. Poloniex is by far the best exchange I've used. They emphasize security, and for traders, they offer built in automatic TA features. >>>> "Fibonacci levels, SMA, EMA, and Bollinger Bands"...  it is really helpful, and worth the value, IMO.  Also, which is very important, IMO, they do not allow 'Wash Trading' (trading with yourself). So the volume there is really a lot more legit. All these other exchanges, they have all this volume but it is easily faked, and can make a coin more pumped, when it really is not. You can't fake the volume as easily on poloniex. I suppose you could somehow if you had multiple accounts?   I mean, some of these other Altcoins, and exchanges, you absolutely cannot trust the "volume" since Wash Trading is allowed. I mean I suppose if you really tried, and wanted to with multiple accounts you could spoof the volume on Poloniex, but I give them props for taking the initiative and eliminating same account wash trading, I mean think about it, it means the exchange will loose money. An exchange makes money on volume in trades.. . so an exchange that is seeking to be honest, and not allowing volume being "faked" is an exchange to be emphasized, and respected.

I agree, Poloniex is a nice exchange with lots of features... I think volume is low across all exchanges since there are 10 to 20% jumps between prices... if you buy at 0.0000006 and sell at 0.0000008 you make huge profit!!!, but at the same time if you buy at 0.0000008 and it drops to 0.0000006 you are down like 25%... I think this coin will be taken to the 0.0000010 figures soon because of this, exchanges dont allow more decimals and mint is so crazy cheap right now... so my recommendation is to buy anything at or below 0.0000009
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Should we try to get MINT on Bittrex? What is there procedure for accepting a coin?

Also, a reminder to donate to our new block explorer. Lets get it secured for 6 months at least. You can donate in BTC or use your MINT via www.shapeshift.io

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!crypto

Contact them here to ask them.
https://www.bittrex.com/Home/Contact

Last I heard they charge some ~ 2 BTC to get you added to the exchange.
But if your trading volume drops below .2btc per day , your coin is delisted after 2 weeks.
Mintcoin sometimes goes weeks with low volume, would not waste money on bittrex as we would most likely be delisted in a few months and currently no one has even added to your block explorer yet.
Also still waiting to see what a developer is going to charge the community as most likely , it will be more than a mere 10 million mintcoins per month, and CM only got 6 months worth of that. And before you ask me to donate, two words Child Support & Alimony, nothing left to spare for anything not Court Ordered.

Hmm you are right. I hope that as more connections are made to real world & partnerships are strengthened, investors will come, if we can show the dev that if he keeps developing the wallet, we have other things already sorted. Dev, PR person, community & investors have work in tandem supporting each other to take our Eco-friendly Bandwagon forward. Right now we r missing a dev & investors. I hopw once we push on with a dev, a virtuous cycle will start, bringing in Investment & more community members.

P.S.: @Buy$Polar All donations are voluntary (a redundant thing to say), it was more of a general reminder.

I hope you will see better times. All the best

Regards

Sam Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Interesting how all these other coins have received hyping and 'all this and all that' attention, and Mintcoin quitely keeps its ranks through all the noise. Mintcoin has surpassed Feathercoin, Worldcoin, Primecoin, Crave, Quark, Megacoin, Potcoin, Vertcoin, Devcoin...so many, among others.

Volume of this coin is too bad, it needs to improve ... I remember mint was glorious on mintpal.  Undecided

Yeah, I guess if cryptsy wallet gets fixed it would help... I have slowly seen volume increase on Poloniex, its easy sign up since they dont deal with usd they have no verification process..
https://i.imgur.com/d3FaAB7.png
I've used Bter, Cryptsy, and Poloniex. Poloniex is by far the best exchange I've used. They emphasize security, and for traders, they offer built in automatic TA features. >>>> "Fibonacci levels, SMA, EMA, and Bollinger Bands"...  it is really helpful, and worth the value, IMO.  Also, which is very important, IMO, they do not allow 'Wash Trading' (trading with yourself). So the volume there is really a lot more legit. All these other exchanges, they have all this volume but it is easily faked, and can make a coin more pumped, when it really is not. You can't fake the volume as easily on poloniex. I suppose you could somehow if you had multiple accounts?   I mean, some of these other Altcoins, and exchanges, you absolutely cannot trust the "volume" since Wash Trading is allowed. I mean I suppose if you really tried, and wanted to with multiple accounts you could spoof the volume on Poloniex, but I give them props for taking the initiative and eliminating same account wash trading, I mean think about it, it means the exchange will loose money. An exchange makes money on volume in trades.. . so an exchange that is seeking to be honest, and not allowing volume being "faked" is an exchange to be emphasized, and respected.

What additional Dev needs does this coin need? Seems to pretty much do everything I expect, already.
Activity: 425
problem with spending 10mil mintcoin per month on a dev is that those coins are going to get dumped by the dev
and after 6 months then what? be back to having no dev?

As long as the developer continues to push out regular updates and assist with the troubleshooting we have the rest of the community there to continue to support and grow Mintcoin. Right now I am sitting on a hardware wallet piece, new exchange announcements, official android wallet release (out of beta) and business / marketing integration.

The pay scale looks something like this:

Mint @  4 Sat ~ 0.4 BTC  
Mint @  5 Sat ~ 0.5 BTC  
Mint @  6 Sat ~ 0.6 BTC
Mint @  7 Sat ~ 0.7 BTC
Mint @  8 Sat ~ 0.8 BTC
Mint @  9 Sat ~ 0.9 BTC
Mint @ 10 Sat ~ 1   BTC
Mint @ 11 Sat ~ 1.1 BTC  
Mint @ 12 Sat ~ 1.2 BTC
Mint @ 13 Sat ~ 1.3 BTC
Mint @ 14 Sat ~ 1.4 BTC

In regards to the developer needing the cash - 10 Mil is a number that a developer could set a sell order on an exchange or offer to sell privately through the community with little trouble. We could even potentially work with a service such as shape shift on the process.

After 6 months the community will have an opportunity to re-negotiate the contract based on the community needs at that time.

I am paying this bounty out of my personal stash and can only guarantee the first 6 months.
Activity: 6
problem with spending 10mil mintcoin per month on a dev is that those coins are going to get dumped by the dev

Cant we pay the dev in Bitcoins then?
Activity: 144

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Should we try to get MINT on Bittrex? What is there procedure for accepting a coin?

Also, a reminder to donate to our new block explorer. Lets get it secured for 6 months at least. You can donate in BTC or use your MINT via www.shapeshift.io

Contact them here to ask them.
https://www.bittrex.com/Home/Contact

Last I heard they charge some ~ 2 BTC to get you added to the exchange.
But if your trading volume drops below .2btc per day , your coin is delisted after 2 weeks.
Mintcoin sometimes goes weeks with low volume, would not waste money on bittrex as we would most likely be delisted in a few months and currently no one has even added to your block explorer yet.
Also still waiting to see what a developer is going to charge the community as most likely , it will be more than a mere 10 million mintcoins per month, and CM only got 6 months worth of that. And before you ask me to donate, two words Child Support & Alimony, nothing left to spare for anything not Court Ordered.
Activity: 191

Volume of this coin is too bad, it needs to improve ... I remember mint was glorious on mintpal.  Undecided

It will happen. We have a ton of partners lining up. Just need to fill the developer position to take it to the next level. I have enough funds for the next 6 months. Once we get there we will need to start collecting additional funds to maintain the position.

Nice guys, keep a good job.

Activity: 257

Activity: 425

It will happen. We have a ton of partners lining up. Just need to fill the developer position to take it to the next level. I have enough funds for the next 6 months. Once we get there we will need to start collecting additional funds to maintain the position.
Activity: 191

Activity: 356
https://i.imgur.com/TXNA3Tn.png?1

Mintcoin is very stable at the moment. And has increased a good amount latly, it may look like we have good times in store:)
I hope we get a dev soon. Thanks to Bitcoin_Rush for featuring Mintcoin. Please go watch it and donate to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UNAqWD3sFU
Maybe each user gets a different link. I don't know. Go to mintcoinofficial.com and look for download bootstrap.dat. Then you should get a promt to install the sync program.
Yea I have downloaded it, but I dont know what am doing from there. But I am 47% synking now, so I just leave the pc on some day and hope it synk all the way:)

You only need to copy to files to your blockchain dir. That is it. Works like a charm, no 3 day wait needed Smiley

But it just show an empty folder in sync 2.0 when I try to download bootstrap
Jump to: