Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 155. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
@cryptomommy

Thanks for replying. I have two questions for you.

1. Do you want block explorer to be community owned and not outsourced? I am asking this because the CryptoID Block Explorer which can be found here

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/# is the best Block Explorer service i have found after blockchain.info.

2. What is cost of the explorer you are running right now? I am sure it requires your money and time. The CryptoID Explorer is $10/month and no need to look after it. Also anyone in the community can contribute to that cost via donations.

So the idea here is that if you are OK with outsourcing this for a cost which can be crowdfunded, it will give you a better service and more time to focus on more pressing issues.

Regards

Sam Smiley
Its a good block explorer. I'm sure we'll be able to keep it running.

One question, if say for some reason it runs out of funds to keep hosting it, is it easy to start up again with just a simple donation?

I am not sure what happens when funding runs out. We have to ask this to @fairglu (https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/fairglu-221182)
He is the one who sets up everything. I will PM him.

I am fine with outsourcing the block explorer; however I have 2 fears
1. Donations do not come in to continue supporting the explorer
2. They increase the monthly payments once we integrate with the community

I am currently investing $10 per month for the community explorer as well and the maintenance is next to none. In addition to a block explorer I believe we are also hosting mintcoin nodes on the same server.

The last time we had a hosted the explorer they significantly increased the cost to maintain it and I believe it looked bad on the community as it was going down due to non-payment.

I can understand your concerns. First of all here is the reply from @fairglu.

Hi,

There is a notification message 15 days before expiry, and after expiry, there is a grace period with a "nag" window about 15 days to a month (depends if the coin is dead with no community activity). After that the data usually stays in a backup for a month or two and it can be reactivated fairly fast by reaching me. Once it's no longer in backups, it'll take a full resynchronization.

So basically, we have a window of 15-30 days after hosting expires. Also they clearly say that as resource(CPU usage, RAM, storage) requirement grows, payment per month will increase(its there on the pop up that shows donation address), so it will not be $10/month forever but will definitely increase. So we can assume in a year it might be $20 and factor that in. We can clarify this as well with @fairglu.

But I think $10 is nothing for the community to arrange, especially when anyone can donate any amount directly in BTC or via Shapeshift in any altcoin. Also, I think the price for quality of service & types of services(rich list, extraction stats etc) is very reasonable.

I dont want to be cynical but if community cant raise $10-20/month in individual donation then there isn't much of a community here. Excuse me for this. I mean its like $0.50-1 from 20-30 people. Sad

Also we can do one time fundraiser for a year of hosting and relax for a year to come. What do you think?

Regards

Sam Smiley
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
@cryptomommy

1. Do you want block explorer to be community owned and not outsourced? I am asking this because the CryptoID Block Explorer which can be found here

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/# is the best Block Explorer service i have found after blockchain.info.

2. What is cost of the explorer you are running right now? I am sure it requires your money and time. The CryptoID Explorer is $10/month and no need to look after it. Also anyone in the community can contribute to that cost via donations.

So the idea here is that if you are OK with outsourcing this for a cost which can be crowdfunded, it will give you a better service and more time to focus on more pressing issues.

Regards

Sam Smiley

One question, if say for some reason it runs out of funds to keep hosting it, is it easy to start up again with just a simple donation?

I am not sure what happens when funding runs out. We have to ask this to @fairglu (https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/fairglu-221182)

I am fine with outsourcing the block explorer; however I have 2 fears
1. Donations do not come in to continue supporting the explorer
2. They increase the monthly payments once we integrate with the community

I am currently investing $10 per month for the community explorer as well and the maintenance is next to none. In addition to a block explorer I believe we are also hosting mintcoin nodes on the same server.

The last time we had a hosted the explorer they significantly increased the cost to maintain it and I believe it looked bad on the community as it was going down due to non-payment.

@cryptomommy

Regards

Sam Smiley

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
@cryptomommy

Regards

Sam Smiley

@cryptomommy

Regards

Sam Smiley
Activity: 425
Hmm thanks for replying. I will wait for a response. I hope we can keep this explorer up and running. We already got a donation. If an official account posts/tweets this info then i am sure we can get more donations. If I am correct Jessica is @CryptoMommy on twitter. Right?

Regards

Sam Smiley

Might want to include a donation to bring in a new Developer with the new block explorer.
Since at the moment Mint has no developer (left for job issues) and no one has applied to cryptomommy's request for a new one.

See Below
Good morning everyone,

Please note I am actively seeking a desktop wallet and android wallet developer for Mintcoin initiatives.

I am personally offering a 10 million monthly Mintcoin bounty with a 6 month contract for a developer to assist in making continual updates to our wallets.

If interested please email [email protected] with your prior experience and availability for hangouts Smiley

Jessie

Thanks for bringing this up. I am kind of bummed right now. I just recently invested $300 usd into a new hardware wallet and can't find a single person to assist me in resolving this one single issue:
https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/issues/11

As soon as someone is able to assist me in this I will be announcing my release with the next podcast. In regards to the block explorer - I am willing to offer a bounty to have someone place a design on the one I am already running as this is already apart of my existing expenses.

I have a very nice supply of Mint coins I am more than happy to distribute to the cause (although they will be sadly missed).

I would want to but i am short on funds right now, thats why i donated only a month of block explorer. I will see if i can get someone to interview for the job.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Hmm thanks for replying. I will wait for a response. I hope we can keep this explorer up and running. We already got a donation. If an official account posts/tweets this info then i am sure we can get more donations. If I am correct Jessica is @CryptoMommy on twitter. Right?

Regards

Sam Smiley

Might want to include a donation to bring in a new Developer with the new block explorer.
Since at the moment Mint has no developer (left for job issues) and no one has applied to cryptomommy's request for a new one.

See Below
Good morning everyone,

Please note I am actively seeking a desktop wallet and android wallet developer for Mintcoin initiatives.

I am personally offering a 10 million monthly Mintcoin bounty with a 6 month contract for a developer to assist in making continual updates to our wallets.

If interested please email [email protected] with your prior experience and availability for hangouts Smiley

Jessie

Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
If I am correct Jessica is @CryptoMommy on twitter. Right?

Yes - That's correct.
BTW why all the official account have so little activity? I have sent PM & tried contacting on twitter but it seems everywhere accounts havent been active from days to weeks.
That would mainly be Jessica. ...she posted some stuff about a week ago. Im sure she will get back. At this point we all are busy with our own lives to live, are committed to Mintcoin but its not like we can give everyday to devote to it. For the most part everything with the coin works fine so there is no cause for alarm if no immediate response. She does hangouts and giveaways and development updates. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes too.

Regards

Sam Smiley
BTW why all the official account have so little activity? I have sent PM & tried contacting on twitter but it seems everywhere accounts havent been active from days to weeks.
That would mainly be Jessica. ...she posted some stuff about a week ago. Im sure she will get back. At this point we all are busy with our own lives to live, are committed to Mintcoin but its not like we can give everyday to devote to it. For the most part everything with the coin works fine so there is no cause for alarm if no immediate response. She does hangouts and giveaways and development updates. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes too.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Try opening up the whitecoin wallet (basically a mintcoin clone). Then go back and try the mintcoin wallet. If that doesn't work, backup your wallet.dat file and then delete everything and do a fresh install from scratch. Once the wallet is fully synced, replace the wallet.dat file with your backup.

Another option is the to try the salvagewallet command.

From Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/2r0jcn/mintcoin_114_wallet_not_responding/cnjwsgw

Ok, Running whitecoin wallet works!!!

Finally... thanks!

can confirm only running whitecoin worked weird but oh well :/ Thanks for the help guys!
ok done. as soon as we have 10+ confirmations it will be updated. Here is the txid for 1st month hosting.

https://blockchain.info/tx/02c707189a2cc0d8ff74133db7d5b256d6a4d9ee4900cfe8f1fd7af93247be52

EDIT: Its already showing 34 days of hosting. I hope we have enough donors to get this to a year.

Regards

Sam Smiley

I donated towards this good cause!

Thanks for making it happen, its a great block explorer

Thanks for donating!! I see 2.2 more days now. Everyone please keep the donations coming Smiley
Try opening up the whitecoin wallet (basically a mintcoin clone). Then go back and try the mintcoin wallet. If that doesn't work, backup your wallet.dat file and then delete everything and do a fresh install from scratch. Once the wallet is fully synced, replace the wallet.dat file with your backup.

From Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/2r0jcn/mintcoin_114_wallet_not_responding/cnjwsgw

Finally... thanks!

I'm really curious as to what causes this/why this works. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Anyone have any ideas? Just idle curiosity, mind you...

It happens when your computer shuts down with the wallet open... or if you shut down the program in an unexpected form...

When it happens and you come back to the wallet, the news section on the right seems outdated, like with different links..

Now, why opening whitecoin wallet fixes it is beyond me..

I know its the strangest thing but is a simple solution. Cheesy

I'm guessing its just some sort if configuration that can get messed up? Opening up a similar alcoin somehow resets it. I really have no clue though. Roll Eyes
Activity: 257
Merit: 100

From Reddit:

Finally... thanks!

I'm really curious as to what causes this/why this works. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Anyone have any ideas? Just idle curiosity, mind you...

It happens when your computer shuts down with the wallet open... or if you shut down the program in an unexpected form...

When it happens and you come back to the wallet, the news section on the right seems outdated, like with different links..

Now, why opening whitecoin wallet fixes it is beyond me..
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

From Reddit:

Finally... thanks!

From Reddit:

Finally... thanks!
Activity: 356

From Reddit:
Did you guys ever had an issue where your wallet was "not responding" time and time again?

Yes, this has happened before. Usually it is just that your wallet is still syncing. The GUI sometimes gets lagged behind. If you go to your Mintcoin folder, in your computer and check the blockchain, even though the wallet itself says "not responding" if you watch it, the file size of the blockchain should be getting bigger every few seconds or so. THis means your wallet is still syncing and once it is caught up, the GUI (graphic user interface) of the wallet should become responsive again. Just let your wallet stay open and keep running, at it should eventually correct itself without any issues.

I have left the wallet open for a few weeks and still its not responding, tried downloading bootstrap still getting not responding. Am pretty lost at what else to do since it worked previously without any issues not sure what happened

Yeap, I left it all night and still not responding... luckily I have my wallet on another computer and there it works fine... as long as you have your wallet.dat backed up you can try somewhere else.....

I have 8gb of RAM and a i7 processor so not sure why that is happening!.. pretty annoying tho because it is a great coin, want to have it open and staking all the time! hahaha
I usually leave mine on all the time with no issues. Have you checked the mintcoin folder yet to see if the blockchain is still increasing? Are you fully synced? What size is your blockchain file?

I am fully synced, and the blkdata file grows slowly.... I have tried open it other wallets but nothing happens.. will keep it open and see if it comes back, if not will just use my other comp..

Thanks for the help!
Jump to: