Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 160. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Annoying having to wait for someone to be online/approve my Bootstrap.dat - Daily download using the Sync
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
We just reached 21 billion coins! Wooohooo Cheesy
Activity: 653
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
Im using the v1.05 android app of the Mintcoin wallet, will I be able to automatically mint? Or is minting only available for the desktop wallet.

Thanks

Does mint app downlaod all chain to my phone?

nope it runs nice and light

Very good

yeah I like it a lot, QR code reader and everything  Cool since it's not a staking wallet I think of it as a checking account while the desktop wallet is the "saving account"
legendary
Kaspa
Im using the v1.05 android app of the Mintcoin wallet, will I be able to automatically mint? Or is minting only available for the desktop wallet.

Thanks

nope it runs nice and light
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

Thanks

Activity: 58

Thanks
Activity: 6
Hello Minters:)
Is it possible to get a new updated blockchain download? and who should I talk to to get it?
I have been struggeling to download it from my wallet a long time now:((

Peace out Minters:))))

Hello!

Go to: Mintcoin Official, and download the Bootstrap.dat
place it in your appdata/roaming/mintcoin folder, and launch the wallet... will take a while, but not as long as the wallet takes to sync. (don't forget to backup your wallet.dat first!)

Good luck!   Wink

https://i.imgur.com/UXBvDdi.png

Thx for respons:))) I appreciate it
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Is it possible to get a new updated blockchain download? and who should I talk to to get it?

Hello!

Go to: Mintcoin Official, and download the Bootstrap.dat
place it in your appdata/roaming/mintcoin folder, and launch the wallet... will take a while, but not as long as the wallet takes to sync. (don't forget to backup your wallet.dat first!)

Good luck!   Wink

Activity: 6

right on, it's something you have to do with some pos coins were each deposit gets split after each pos block it finds till it's 00. not that MINT splits (i don't think it does)  

Minting splits a transaction into two.

Actually you are both right in a way.
If a block mints less than 30 days of being created , then it splits in half.
If a block mints after 30 days of being created, then only 1 new block is created with the original amount and the interest combined.

To verify for yourself create a few blocks with 1000 or 10000 mints in each block.
Watch those blocks after 20 days to 40 days and see it for yourself.
Some Blocks will be half the amount and others combined depending on when they mint.

Cool
I think this is a good feature to have. It promotes balance of difficulty over time, and fairness. If there were too few transactions there wouldn't be enough to cover the amount needed for all of the block creation. Splitting it, if your transaction comes in a short time window, ensures there will be enough transactions to match each block...otherwise the network could freeze up I think. Glad Mintcoin has this, it helps give a more consistent and reliable timestamp to blocks being created.
Activity: 574
I am an avid minter, I do not wait for 30 days Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
right on, it's something you have to do with some pos coins were each deposit gets split after each pos block it finds till it's 00. not that MINT splits (i don't think it does)  

Actually you are both right in a way.
If a block mints less than 30 days of being created , then it splits in half.
If a block mints after 30 days of being created, then only 1 new block is created with the original amount and the interest combined.

To verify for yourself create a few blocks with 1000 or 10000 mints in each block.
Watch those blocks after 20 days to 40 days and see it for yourself.
Some Blocks will be half the amount and others combined depending on when they mint.

Cool
Activity: 574
legendary
Kaspa
Hi, about the blockexplorer. Is there any way we can upgrade it so it will also show addresses with allot of transactions? I got over 2,800 transactions on the address and i will get this error when i look it up: I'm sorry, this address has too many records to display.

Consolidate your coins to a different address in your wallet. I had so many transactions my wallet was minting 24/7 and it was a drag on resources etc...
I sent all my 20+M coins to one addy and now I open it every few days to update and mint when necessary.
Much better IMHO

Yeah i already done that few weeks ago, problem is i didnt change address, so got them all in 1 bulk on coin control but not on a different address. Maybe i will change it next time i mint then Smiley

I did this a few cycles back (minting cycles - ~60-90 days ago), and I also just went to a new wallet. I copied my wallet.dat to a couple of other locations, deleted it from the appdata folder, and launched the qt, which created a new wallet. I then grabbed the new address from the new wallet, moved that wallet.dat to a different folder, and copied the old wallet.dat back to the appdata, launched the qt, and sent all the coins to the new wallet address... swapped the wallet.dat's again, and had a wallet full of MINT, which didn't have all of those old transactions in it. What a difference that makes in performance and resources!

this is my next step, so i have a clean wallet.

right on, it's something you have to do with some pos coins were each deposit gets split after each pos block it finds till it's 00. not that MINT splits (i don't think it does)  I've been meaning to give that a try with MINT... someone said earlier a new wallet with less transactions will run "lighter" on our systems  Cool worth a try.
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Hi. It came to my attention that the block explorer from MINT is behind. Last block that is in the block explorer is from 7th of april.
The one is still working at the multifaucet
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Hi. It came to my attention that the block explorer from MINT is behind. Last block that is in the block explorer is from 7th of april.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Hi, about the blockexplorer. Is there any way we can upgrade it so it will also show addresses with allot of transactions? I got over 2,800 transactions on the address and i will get this error when i look it up: I'm sorry, this address has too many records to display.

Consolidate your coins to a different address in your wallet. I had so many transactions my wallet was minting 24/7 and it was a drag on resources etc...
I sent all my 20+M coins to one addy and now I open it every few days to update and mint when necessary.
Much better IMHO

Yeah i already done that few weeks ago, problem is i didnt change address, so got them all in 1 bulk on coin control but not on a different address. Maybe i will change it next time i mint then Smiley

I did this a few cycles back (minting cycles - ~60-90 days ago), and I also just went to a new wallet. I copied my wallet.dat to a couple of other locations, deleted it from the appdata folder, and launched the qt, which created a new wallet. I then grabbed the new address from the new wallet, moved that wallet.dat to a different folder, and copied the old wallet.dat back to the appdata, launched the qt, and sent all the coins to the new wallet address... swapped the wallet.dat's again, and had a wallet full of MINT, which didn't have all of those old transactions in it. What a difference that makes in performance and resources!

this is my next step, so i have a clean wallet.

Much better IMHO

I guess you could say this makes MINT anonymous lol.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
where is the DL link for 1.17? OP only has 1.16.

Edit: Nevermind, the OP link is correct just mislabeled.
Jump to: