Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 204. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Yes this is an XC article but still just as relevant to mint.  Worth a read to learn more about staking and coin control.  This comes from btctalk member policymaker...

http://forum.xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/161-coin-control-basic-functions-a-newb-friendly-guide/
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection

Damn. That is crazy. This is why you need think twice before "verifying your identity" to a third party. Who knows if someone like this scammer will be able to get access to all of your identifying information! Wow, just Wow!

Yeah - I have yet to "verify my identity" to any of these exchanges. And I don't plan on it anytime soon. It's a rotten shame there are so many unscrupulous people in this (and nearly every other) area. With freedom comes responsibility. I'm just glad so far I've managed to evade these things. But - there's always tomorrow.   Undecided

Stay safe people.  Wink
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

Damn. That is crazy. This is why you need think twice before "verifying your identity" to a third party. Who knows if someone like this scammer will be able to get access to all of your identifying information! Wow, just Wow!
Where I can find the complete specs? Im looking for total coins, min and max stake time and coin maduration time, since I was holding mints for some days and the coins aren't mature yet. Thanks in advance.

Total coins 70 billion.
20 days is the min.
40 days is the max.

However you can go past 40 days, for rewards...basically infinitely. Meaning, your weight is limited to 40 days, but your coin age days as it relates to your reward when you mint can can keep accruing. You could wait 3 months before minting, you will still get all the reward, however your power over the network gets caped at 40 days. This is to prevent someone from getting too powerful.
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Where I can find the complete specs? Im looking for total coins, min and max stake time and coin maduration time, since I was holding mints for some days and the coins aren't mature yet. Thanks in advance.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/2j6mam/minting_and_transaction_fees_a_small_question/

- its minimum of 20 days before you get your first mint - I found this conversation that does a great job explaining the rewards

So I have a pretty sweet stack of around 25 million MINT chilling out in my minty fresh wallet. Out of courtesy and to help the network I basically just leave my wallet open constantly, it doesn't use up many resources any way.
But I do have a question! Since we need (well, this is my understanding at least) active and synced wallets to secure the network and process transactions is there any incentive to actually leave your wallet open? To be more specific: Do we get (more) transaction fees paid out when leaving the wallet open?
Just asking, I believe there are many people who only open up their wallets once every 20 days to mint. If transaction fees would be distributed according to "work-rate" (that is, the amount of coins you have + amount of transactions facilitated + total time of having an open and synced wallet) wouldn't that be an incentive for people to help secure and improve the network?
Or is this already being done?
Thank you for reading Cheesy

Yes, if you leave your wallet open constantly, then the velocity of minting is increased, because then you will mint as soon as it is able to mint, instead of waiting a predetermined time. You will get transaction fees (if any transactions). It's similar to Bitcoin mining, minting is like mining, and eventually the transaction fees could be very profitable, as the coin gets rarer, and more transactions happen. If there were a lot of transactions, the amount you get in fees could be sizable. For example if some day there are 700 transactions in a block that you mint, the fees alone could be 140 Mintcoins.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Any chance of getting on Bittrex?

Mintcoin was on Bittrex earlier this year until July 17th.

Bittrex started a Delisting campaign and included mintcoin in the list of hundreds of coins they delisted.

The fact is that the majority of mintcoin holders don't like the Bittrex exchange interface over the others enough to move most of their trading to them to keep it from being delisted. That may change if they ever update their interface, but most minters still dislike them for the delisting.
IMO : The Delistings due to lack of resources was a lie on their part trying to trick coin users into using their exchange, because you can check other exchanges which support a large # of coins with no complaints and no delistings due to trading volume.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010

Because MintCoin has no volume, anywhere. Adding another market would just dilute the already small amount of liquidity this coin has.

I'm seeing thru coinmarketcap that mintcoin did more volume in the last 24 hours then some coins already listed on Bittrex.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Because MintCoin has no volume, anywhere. Adding another market would just dilute the already small amount of liquidity this coin has.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Any chance of getting on Bittrex?
Activity: 574
No success here. A missing withdrawal, a missing cancelled order and stuck balances... That is the name of the game, sadly.
In case you are wondering what is going on with Mintpal, here is their twitter: https://twitter.com/moolah_io

And this is about Moolah: http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

But Apparently the Mintpal exchange is not closing? https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/522160994273873920

It will be under new management.

Anyone having any success related to Mintcoin withdrawals and other transactions etc?
Activity: 28
devs dropped this coin long ago

An excellent example of either illiteracy or just being too ignorant to read... There has been a totally new developers team for quite a while now and there are many projects ongoing xD

Do all of your 504 posts consist of complete crap or are you just trolling right now? 'Cause then you might be better off at the BTC-E trollbox  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
devs dropped this coin long ago
Wow..... so sad.   

Yet, ANOTHER good reminder why not to trust exchanges.

Do your due diligence before leaving money in them, if at any sign of significant changes or issues, immediately get all funds out. That is the best policy.

Anyone seen this:

Moolah is having to close its doors.

As a result of this, MintPal will no longer be managed by Moolah (we do not own it, we are responsible for management). We have sourced a new management team for it, and the following will be occurring.

MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed. The new management team will be making a number of stability changes, UI improvements and bug fixes. They will also be handling the resolution of issues surrounding missing balances. An update will be following on mintpal.com shortly, with details of further timeframes.

In the interests of full disclosure, contrary to popular reports, I personally am not a majority shareholder in the holding company.

Undecided

Edit:

Activity: 28

The nice thing is our developers community is refining itself into a network of dedicated professionals donating their time and expertise into continually fine-tuning not only the technology but the overall business development of the coin.

We are organizing and growing - with that said many of us are long-term holders and will continue to grow the community and build the business structure while the world prepares itself for crypto integration led by Bitcoin.

This is exactly the reason why I am still increasing my MINT holdings every month. I love the feeling of a fresh and professional breeze going through the team right now. There are many exciting projects going on, there is great communication between the dev's and the users, it just feels like everything is now carefully planned and well executed...

Thumbs up for the team and an extra thumb up for you cryptomommy, you have not only taken charge of the project but actually really improved it, took it beyond the world of "imitation-crap-useless currencies" and given me (and I think a lot of others) the feeling that MINT could very well be the next big thing now it is managed properly and professionaly. I personally have gained a lot more trust in the currency since you have stepped in (as well as all the more anonymous other developers!) and I love how MINT is still improving continuesly. Please keep up the good work!

Edit: I would like to start dedicating some of my own time to the greater good as well, just really busy with my internship at the moment... but I will certainly contact you as soon as I got some more free time on my hands, I would love to use some of my skills in marketing and PR to get this coin to the masses!
Jump to: