Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 279. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
1. Mintcoin Fund - the world's first legally-registered NGO for crypto (France)
This is a good marketing platform to bring a new spin for PR that will be receptive to institutional investors
2. Android wallet-thanks paspi!
3. Now over 59 merchants!
4. coinpayments.net
5. moolah.io

I am anticipating that the big news would relate to one thing: big money coming into Mintcoin and a big surge in price. This is probably related to the legality of Mintcoin and the Mintcoin Fund. Smart move going this route instead of Coinkite. I would hate to play chess against the developers. We will bust up the sell walls and push past this number. There are higher prices that won't be shown until later.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

where can  I find the message from dev? What's the big news?

I believe the big news will be the announcement will be regarding the Mintcoin Fund being registered as a Non-Government Organization.  From what I've read (sometimes between the lines), this will be their PR platform as well.  I suspect there will be other info released with this announcement.  If you look at my last post, that was one of the last messages from the developer regarding this.  If someone can add to this, that would be great.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
What if we had an awesome idea based on the MintCoin Fund that was supposed to bring awareness of the coin like no other idea before?
Wait...
but we HAVE that!

And this is not a fake announcement! We have already hinted at that several times!
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/437175848912052224
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam/status/443597287798099968

Buy now or regret!

Sounds promising but when do you announce what this big idea is?

When the MintCoin Fund is registered. Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO for a crypto, there's a reason why!

There are people checking in to see what is going on and what the big upcoming announcement is.  I know it's good business not to show your product until it is ready, but could someone compile some sort of "Mintcoin for Newcomers" list of everything going on ( MintFund, Android wallet, etc.)  It could be reposted every couple of pages so new Mintcoin holders don't have to look through hundreds of pages.  We could also use this list outside of the Mint forum.  As soon as someone who is new to Mintcoin shows up here, drop everything and make them feel welcome.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
At least something is happening.

Who knows how big this thing will go?

I'm just happy to see mintcoin rising, even if it did have to fall to 1/3 of its most stable value in order to do so and still hasn't made it back up Cheesy
At least something is happening.

Who knows how big this thing will go?

Activity: 364
I actually think a lightweight mintcoin wallet should get more attention, I've already waited more then 1 day before I can use the wallet properly and it has synced. Now I'm an experienced user and understand why I got to wait but new users might not have the patience.

That's why I propose a mintcoin wallet light with the following features:

- Just run and use it, no need to download the whole blockchain (maybe a small %).
- Portable, doesn't require installation and data is saved to the same dir as the exe so you can keep it on a thumbdrive.
- Quick start, time between clicking on the current wallet's exe and seeing the GUI takes too long.
- Still able to stake.
- Main focus on use on Windows and Mac.

This will greatly enhance user experience!

I believe the android wallet doesn't need to download the whole blockchain so it's possible.

I got no experience programming wallets but are willing to add a 500000 bounty to the creation and maintaining of such a wallet if it works properly and is open source.

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
what are the predictions? is mint coming back? thinking about buyin a few Wink

The trade volume has tripled in the past 24 hours. Also, the bids in the 3 satoshi price has increased. The dev is about to announce some really big news for Mintcoin. The last thing the dev mentioned was to "hold onto your Mintcoins." Can't wait to see what the big news is and what it will do for a fresh shot of BTC into Mintcoins.

The dev for BlackCoin announced some big news some days back and BlackCoin made a huge jump up and almost tripled the previous price at the end of May 31. Hopefully, we will see a similar effect for Mintcoin.

Can you kindly provide  a link of the dev's message?I'd like to know more
Activity: 24

where can  I find the message from dev? What's the big news?
Activity: 28
Hi!
I just downloaded the latest version of the wallet, but it doesnt seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Is there another stable version?
Cheers!
Activity: 76
I bought half a million today , that should speak for itself  Wink

Today I bought a lot of, I am very optimistic about its prospects! Wink
Activity: 76
what are the predictions? is mint coming back? thinking about buyin a few Wink

Now is a good time to buy it,
The market environment is very good now, its price will rise! Smiley
Activity: 51
I had a bit of time so i made another  Grin

https://i.imgur.com/5mmabal.png

Mint - MfnNGozdXuY8MQHt8V2hM7smBGVdnLBN4y
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
One concern I have for the POS of MINT is the 20 day maturity requirement for Staking (network support).

In the current coin market 20 days is quite a long time to wait before a wallet can start to support a network that depends solely on staking to verify transactions.

If Mint is poised to take off, thats going to cause a lot of days to be killed and leave even less coins being staked causing the network to slow down even more.

If possible might be a good idea to create two stages of staking, a short term and long term. Of course the short term would give a much smaller return but would allow for a much larger network of support.

Just a little brainstorming. I'm not one to understand the details of the implantation of such a wallet. But I couldn't help notice this situation as the current wallet is taking over 24 hours almost a full day to sync.

That is great.

But I suggest only one day of staking, canceling the long term stage.

I also think stake is to high. Any comment on this from the Dev? 

Another problem I care about is that mintcoin has no FreeBSD native version. I seriouly care about this.

YES, should have wallets for Win, Mac, Ubuntu, Android and other Linix distros if possible.
Also a Armory type of interface with paper backups etc... and tons of security would be awesome.

legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
Mintcoin is in my book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative".  Here is first draft of IFC:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7131241

Mintcoin will look similar to this.  Coin specifications, history, exchanges and other miscellaneous details will be included.  Please help fund the publication of this book which I plan to publish this summer.  

MZKhgDfWYxfWpkpC9Jn6ZtpBQduBSKvfet

I think it would be a good idea for someone to do a PRWeb campaign after mintcointeam announces the official big news.

If another major news site grabs it and it goes mainstream, the whales will think that the mainstream people will buy in, so that the whale will buy in big early on.

This could shatter all previous price records. We won't stop at 200 satoshis, but higher.
Activity: 229
One concern I have for the POS of MINT is the 20 day maturity requirement for Staking (network support).

In the current coin market 20 days is quite a long time to wait before a wallet can start to support a network that depends solely on staking to verify transactions.

If Mint is poised to take off, thats going to cause a lot of days to be killed and leave even less coins being staked causing the network to slow down even more.

If possible might be a good idea to create two stages of staking, a short term and long term. Of course the short term would give a much smaller return but would allow for a much larger network of support.

Just a little brainstorming. I'm not one to understand the details of the implantation of such a wallet. But I couldn't help notice this situation as the current wallet is taking over 24 hours almost a full day to sync.

That is great.

Another problem I care about is that mintcoin has no FreeBSD native version. I seriouly care about this.
Activity: 196
Activity: 364

Just keep it at 20 days, if you stake to fast, creating much more blocks in a year, maybe there will be to many new blocks each day and it will cause problems for the blockchain.

What I like about the upcoming android app, is that it doesn't have to download the whole blockchain before you can use it. At least I think you don't need to?

I just downloaded the mintcoin wallet to another pc and one of the things that bothers me, which goes for all altcoins, is that it needs the whole block chain before you can receive mintcoins. So I propose another idea, mintcoin wallet light a portable wallet which stores info in the same directory as the exe (not in appdata) and doesn't need to download the whole blockchain to receive and send mintcoins.
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money

That is great.

Jump to: