Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 280. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 250
DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention
It's starting to look better , volumes are increasing and sell wall of 5 satoshi is a little over two BTC for mintpal and cryptsy combined...

Wink
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
One concern I have for the POS of MINT is the 20 day maturity requirement for Staking (network support).

In the current coin market 20 days is quite a long time to wait before a wallet can start to support a network that depends solely on staking to verify transactions.

If Mint is poised to take off, thats going to cause a lot of days to be killed and leave even less coins being staked causing the network to slow down even more.

If possible might be a good idea to create two stages of staking, a short term and long term. Of course the short term would give a much smaller return but would allow for a much larger network of support.

Just a little brainstorming. I'm not one to understand the details of the implantation of such a wallet. But I couldn't help notice this situation as the current wallet is taking over 24 hours almost a full day to sync.

That is great.

But I suggest only one day of staking, canceling the long term stage.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
One concern I have for the POS of MINT is the 20 day maturity requirement for Staking (network support).

In the current coin market 20 days is quite a long time to wait before a wallet can start to support a network that depends solely on staking to verify transactions.

If Mint is poised to take off, thats going to cause a lot of days to be killed and leave even less coins being staked causing the network to slow down even more.

If possible might be a good idea to create two stages of staking, a short term and long term. Of course the short term would give a much smaller return but would allow for a much larger network of support.

Just a little brainstorming. I'm not one to understand the details of the implantation of such a wallet. But I couldn't help notice this situation as the current wallet is taking over 24 hours almost a full day to sync.
Surely some in those top 10 or 20 are people though? or is it first 27 are exchanges ?

Could be, would have to check out the blockchain and see which of the biggest addresses are sending out chucks of coins in regular intervals, those would most likely be your exchages. And any addresses acting as black holes would be your accumulators.

Although, a cold storage for an exchange would look like accumulation too, so hard to tell.

The point we can be sure of though, is that Mint will be raising.
Activity: 490
Surely some in those top 10 or 20 are people though? or is it first 27 are exchanges ?
Well I just checked the rich list for the first time in a while, and looks like the top addresses have been accumulating a LOT for a long time.. top 50 addresses hold almost 50% of the market, not sure if that is normal? If i'm not wrong I believe we should some huge rises in the future? Just need these whales to play the cards right.. I will continue to stake my little amount  Wink

Remember that the biggest addresses are those of exchanges.
Activity: 490
Well I just checked the rich list for the first time in a while, and looks like the top addresses have been accumulating a LOT for a long time.. top 50 addresses hold almost 50% of the market, not sure if that is normal? If i'm not wrong I believe we should some huge rises in the future? Just need these whales to play the cards right.. I will continue to stake my little amount  Wink
Activity: 453
Theres is absolutely no need for android wallet to stake in my opinion.
With an average stake age of 30 days, this would be something totally pointless. I would trade mobile staking to better battery life without a doubt!

+1

In my opinion, your opinion hits the nail on the head. Couldn't agree more.
Although staking is unnecessary for phone use, tablets will benefit from staking. You would be able to keep your whole wallet on your tablet.

Staking won't be included in the initial release of the app, but it'll be added with an update in a couple of weeks, hopefully within 20 days of its release. This is very easy because everything required for staking is included in the library. But our first target for the android wallet should be stability, usability and marketing.

I'm thinking of preventing staking of any transaction smaller than a fixed amount, so CPU cycles and battery won't be wasted for trying to stake 1 MINT.

Sounds like a good idea.

I'll be using my computer only for staking and my phone and tablet for sharing and spending.

I suspect that will be the case for most people, I could be wrong.
Activity: 185
With an average stake age of 30 days, this would be something totally pointless. I would trade mobile staking to better battery life without a doubt!

+1

Although staking is unnecessary for phone use, tablets will benefit from staking. You would be able to keep your whole wallet on your tablet.

Staking won't be included in the initial release of the app, but it'll be added with an update in a couple of weeks, hopefully within 20 days of its release. This is very easy because everything required for staking is included in the library. But our first target for the android wallet should be stability, usability and marketing.

I'm thinking of preventing staking of any transaction smaller than a fixed amount, so CPU cycles and battery won't be wasted for trying to stake 1 MINT.

+1

Activity: 280
I'm not proposing anything, I was just saying what I remember from a couple of weeks ago.

So the mobile wallet will not be able to stake?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Smiley

We are either going 80-100+ sat is very close, or a major leap in the 1000's.   Hard to tell, but either is good.

huge news!

Yes great news is bound to bring a coin of better prospects
Let a person look forward to
 Smiley
If this news is true I could tell my friends about it and invest some.
But I dont want to lead them to a bad investment.
However I do believe the mintcoin team is working hard, and putting something good togheter for the coin.
So I'll probably buy some coins again and maybe tell my friends to buy some to.
Because I dont understand why more people dont see the environment saving features, and the price is so low again.
Maybe because of the premine, But I believe they are not spending it and using it for good projects later in the game.

Yes what a good news The more attractive to investors
There will be a very good future
Come on the coin

Thank you for your advice and opinions
I think so too
Wish us luck
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Activity: 280
I was away for a little while. Last time I was here there where two big project: the foundation and an android wallet capable of staking.

How is it going?
Activity: 210
Yikes, I can honestly say my faith is a bit shaken.  I have never seen a coin rise this far, this fast, build such a large community, and then bam!  Straight down.  It's like someone slammed on the brakes and never let off them.

This is MINT.  This is the coin that started the entire PoS craze!

Oh well, I don't dump, I have been buying a few million here, a few million there, and sending them to my wallet to stake since MINT dropped under 20 satoshis, so I may as well scoop up a few million more and go down with the ship if I must.

Hope we see some life back in good old MINT one of these days.

You guys should really make a combined effort to get your hash power on MINT and show there is buying power that can reverse your long term down trend. I offer MINT payouts on http://www.cryptoalts.com but mining support has been somewhat non-existent (http://cryptoalts.com/cointable/).

With your volume, something like 0.5-1BTC of buy pressure a day could really make a difference and set off a slow upward motion instead of losing 1 sat per week. I get there's Hashcows and other larger pools, but I always encourage BC miners to stay on BCP or use my pool. Because individually you are weak, but together you can be strong.

Mintcointeam add this multipool in the OP, it is a really good one!
Miners, try it out! It is easy to use (no registration) and pays out really good!
i made this for everybody but its not the best maybe someone with graphics experience can make a better one

MINT -  MfnNGozdXuY8MQHt8V2hM7smBGVdnLBN4y

Good effort, shows imagination.
Activity: 51
who ever just tipped me thank you  Grin
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
This is a really good and original coin, unfortunately with all the copycats like BC etc people are distracted to other coins. This area should not be using open source, causing too many copycats to profit from hardworking devs.
Jump to: