Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 345. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hi everyone ! :-)

I'm happy to announce to the MINT community that we have added Mintcoin to our dice website :

http://mint.altdice.net !

It is a dice game like Satoshi Dice. You can win more than 250.000 MINT per single bet !
The game is almost instant (waits for 1 confirmation). Provably fair game. 98% expected return. 2% house edge.

Have a try ! It's easy.  Smiley
Send anywhere from 5 MINT to 230.000 MINT to MfeSDHap358j9etKQRw94iaax5pUCn1Rpj => This is the 90% odds to win game address.
If you win, you get back automatically whatever your bet amount * 1.089. Otherwise, you get 0.01 MINT back to your wallet.
Do not play from exchange or web wallets.

Come on http://mint.altdice.net and multiply your MINTs ! :-)

I wish you to have a lot of fun on http://mint.altdice.net and the best of luck. Smiley

If anything, feel free to contact us either via the Contact Us feature on the website, or with a PM here on Bitcointalk.

Nice! Thank you!
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

I'm happy to announce to the MINT community that we have added Mintcoin to our dice website :

It is a dice game like Satoshi Dice. You can win more than 250.000 MINT per single bet !
The game is almost instant (waits for 1 confirmation). Provably fair game. 98% expected return. 2% house edge.

Send anywhere from 5 MINT to 230.000 MINT to MfeSDHap358j9etKQRw94iaax5pUCn1Rpj => This is the 90% odds to win game address.
If you win, you get back automatically whatever your bet amount * 1.089. Otherwise, you get 0.01 MINT back to your wallet.

I wish you to have a lot of fun on http://mint.altdice.net and the best of luck. Smiley

If anything, feel free to contact us either via the Contact Us feature on the website, or with a PM here on Bitcointalk.

works quite well. at first difficult to comprehend but it actually is fun. thx! Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Escrow Services Provided
Something that truly bothers me with crypto (any crypto, bitcoin included) is the poor distribution (Gini index). How to be give mintcoin to people who need them the most, that is, the one who are not in crypto yet?

I am thinking of having an address setup just for that (low price makes it easier to buy it) but there would still be the issue of having it simpler for anyone to download. I think the android wallet is the easiest way to go, much easier than a desktop wallet, I believe.

So once the Android wallet is done, we could start contacting our IRL friend a give them mint? I am wondering if it is difficult to send mintcoins for any new install (it would have to be automated, anyway)? This is the closest I can think of (out of airdrop, which is out of the question) to avoid giving to some who don't need it.

Thoughts?

You should really check out http://www.lovecrypto.com , it's a site where you can send a small bundle of crypto-currency to anyone with an email address. Their coins stay in a secure online wallet until the recipient wants to put them in their own wallet or put them straight away to an exchange. It's an easy way to spread crypto currencies by simply giving someone a gift. You can vote for whatever coin you want to see be part of the gift here:http://www.lovecrypto.com/vote

Hope this helps Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
and something we also need because of the iphone users -> a simple and secure web-based wallet. it doesn't need the minting option. just simple send and receive functionality. what do you think? it can't be that difficult to arrange? maybe use the mintcoin website? a lot of people use those fancy phones and totally miss out on the whole crypto thing  Grin
Something that truly bothers me with crypto (any crypto, bitcoin included) is the poor distribution (Gini index). How to be give mintcoin to people who need them the most, that is, the one who are not in crypto yet?

I am thinking of having an address setup just for that (low price makes it easier to buy it) but there would still be the issue of having it simpler for anyone to download. I think the android wallet is the easiest way to go, much easier than a desktop wallet, I believe.

So once the Android wallet is done, we could start contacting our IRL friend a give them mint? I am wondering if it is difficult to send mintcoins for any new install (it would have to be automated, anyway)? This is the closest I can think of (out of airdrop, which is out of the question) to avoid giving to some who don't need it.

Thoughts?

excellent idea. i have also been thinking about that. i suggest as soon as the android wallet is released we just give the first 10000 people who download our app and leave their address in the google play store as evaluation some free mint (100-1000). you know "john xy 5 stars 2141523412ajaodjss" it can even be down manually or maybe using a script i don't know. of course it has to be communicated through various channels. that way we can ensure at least our position as the first ones with the PoS wallet. i don'T think it could affect our price negatively. the most people wouldn't even know how to sell those coins. and they will just send some to their friends to try it out.

what do you think?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

Thoughts?
Monero Core Team
Thank you nebo for this very encouraging post Smiley I'd like to add something but, sometimes, it is better to just say "thank you" Smiley
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I have zero computer skills that could be used to aid Mintcoin in anyway. But I am spreading the word.. that said.
I have exactly 2 posts and probably wont do so again so am not a troll but want to add my 2 cents worth to the conversation.
I have no idea what the respondents on this forum do for a living...or the people selling the volume on the exchanges.
I do have some experience with markets so take from this what you will.
If you want to sell a big stake in something..you do not usually put a large for sale above the market.
You put a large one below it and encourage others to buy before the whale gets his.
And dribble your sale onto the market.
Unless you are desperate or want out.
Then you sell at market. Hanging around above does not make real sense.
…...................................................

One of the things I like about crypto, many people from all over can see the difference the Blockchain and how it will change the world...Intuitively.

I believe people do not understand POS coins yet and is why they lag.
BTC was / is a great idea.
The advent of ASICs has made it the arms race it is and people get turned off over upgrading equipment before its time.
POS gets rid of this and having a small PC with wallet in background makes intuitive sense.
Keeping the “coin” distributed amongst peers, rather than the big companies BTC has become.
Botnets I hear.
For botnets to take over the owner of such bots would have to buy an incredibly large chunk, on different days and times then distribute it around the world.
If the coin ever came into this large a hand it would wither and die same as every other coin out there.
…..................................................
Think of the POS coins as companies, rather than money... they very much resemble mining /internet companies in this way.
The company scrip is used to pay for things, same as every internet/ mining explorer company does when they are small. A la Looksmart, Google, Facebook...when they were start ups.
You then use your shares to buy things.
Mintcoin has 80B shares,(coins) (to be issued)  and after these first couple of years..pays a 4% yearly scrip dividend.
BTC has  21M shares. To be issued Pays zero dividend.
All the other alt coins are somewhere there too.

I have obvious bias here as I have taken enough time to write to a forum but I see the potential in this penny stock with a dividend stream for the future.
As is always the case in the markets others do not and are selling.
Or they need the money and are selling.
Mintcoins' point of difference is it will be able to help the environment.
It is also a truly decentralised peer to peer operation..anyone with a net connection can have a wallet.

The fact a developer. (read company founder) has shares is normal one would think...especially if the stated intention was to improve the company. How is this a negative?
If the opposite was true, I would be thinking why did they not want a piece?

If the dev uses  the shares to enrich, then goes away so be it... and in the short term this may work, for the owner and insiders, coin will wither and die. Same as every alt coin out there.
True wealth and credibility is created over a long period of time.
If the stated intention is to improve, grow and reap the harvest over time this coin/(company)/ movement has a great future.
I for one will be here.
Reading with interest the changes.
Keep up the good work Mintcoin team. If I had my time again I would become a computer programmer. Trouble was the humble PC didnt exist when I started the work a day grind.
I wish you all the best in this endeavour.
The world is changing. Perhaps we can change it for the better.
Regards,
Nebo.
Monero Core Team
Hello again,

We have add some internal talk about the project and we decided this:
Redwood reforestation project specifically:
Code:
MoruzHEsSxBYDV8WWYTALuv5Rrccn1FAyP[/tt]

Unique address for donation to the Mintcoin Fund as a whole
Code:
MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha[/tt]

Unique address for 1% for operating costs:
Code:
MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha
(normally, you should never have to send money there but at least you will know where the money goes - transparency)
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Someone with a Mac, help this guy on reddit out... he can't get his wallet to work.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/23qzhd/possible_dumb_question_here/

Yes! Im the guy on reddit whose wallet wont work! For the last week ive been trying to download the mintcoin wallet. every time i try to open it, it just "quits unexpectedly" no error number i can look up, nothing. Ive got plenty of free space on my mac, and ive downloaded multiple wallets for other coins so i dont know what the deal is. But for the last week Ive downloaded it, tried it, deleted it, and tried again. Do that a few times then try again the next day to the same result. ive scoured google for an answer to no avail. im at my wits end here. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

I answered and provided my upload link for you. Overwrite your original .app and you should be good to go.  Smiley
Monero Core Team
How to treat a troll:
1. Don't reply
2. Don't quote (by quoting them, you give them more visibility and reduce the point of ignoring)
3. Put him/her on the ignore list

That way, trolls are just a tiny pots in the ocean of the productive one. They get lost in the mass of posts.

Beaverslayer, were you the one maintaining this ignore list? Could you raise it up again?
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Someone with a Mac, help this guy on reddit out... he can't get his wallet to work.

Yes! Im the guy on reddit whose wallet wont work! For the last week ive been trying to download the mintcoin wallet. every time i try to open it, it just "quits unexpectedly" no error number i can look up, nothing. Ive got plenty of free space on my mac, and ive downloaded multiple wallets for other coins so i dont know what the deal is. But for the last week Ive downloaded it, tried it, deleted it, and tried again. Do that a few times then try again the next day to the same result. ive scoured google for an answer to no avail. im at my wits end here. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

What version is your OS? I just upgraded to Mavericks because a few wallets didn't open on Snow Leopard.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Price down to 10 satoshis.

What's the point to post something and delete it after?

Just ignore mr_random. All he does is troll/fud.

The giant bold text in his sig about blackcock er, I mean coin, kind of makes his intentions fairly transparent. Way to be discreet...
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

Why there is no POS for 20 consecutive days
1.8 The wallet
how do I
Before interest without entering a new purse

Have you tried to leave your wallet open and unlocked for 24 hours? If you have a small amount of coins, it may take a little longer than 20 days to find a block.
Price down to 10 satoshis.

Just ignore mr_random. All he does is troll/fud.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Jump to: