Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 347. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {
"wallet check passed" : true
}. Kinda sucks that I lost all my coins for some unknown reason >.<

1.5 and 1.6 are following a wrong chain. 1.7 update was mandatory.

Now, you have a few options;

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

It really sounds like your wallet.dat file got deleted or overwritten.  You did back up before you upgraded your wallet right? I sure hope so.... BACKUP ALWAYS!!!
Restore the backed up wallet.dat to C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin\

If you don't have the same address it means that the wallet.dat file is not the same one you sent the coins to. IMHO.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

Do they show up at your address(es) on the blockchain? http://mint.blockx.info/get/chain/MintCoin
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.
Activity: 230
There should also be a way to embed it into the Reddit pages as well.
Good idea, I think we have some people conversant in reddit here, no?

I just sent a email to the developer to see if he can embed it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Good idea, I think we have some people conversant in reddit here, no?
Done as well, and I can't seem to get the embed scrypt to work on the forum, I don't think it's possible.
Could be something to add on the MintCoin Fund website. I'll ask our webmistress.

Monero Core Team
Done as well, and I can't seem to get the embed scrypt to work on the forum, I don't think it's possible.
Could be something to add on the MintCoin Fund website. I'll ask our webmistress.
Monero Core Team
Mintcoin Fund:  How is something that dumps Mintcoins onto the market supposed to increase the price of Mint?  Awareness? People already know of Mint.
Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price. It is about accomplishing a goal. Increasing mint price is just a consequence. That's why it works, because, as I said before here and on another community thread, a coin without a cause can only go that far.
"Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price"
I knew you would focus on this part Smiley Please reread my text.
For all of you: I am also working on something unrelated to crypto, longevity (see http://longevityalliance.org if you are interested - heard of Google's Calico?). There is one motto there: we are not working on making people live longer. We are working on making them live healthier. Longevity is just the natural consequence.
Same thing here for mintcoin. If you want the consequences, work on the causes.

Various Updates:  What does this even mean?  Fixing grammar and spelling mistakes are consider updates.
It meant "too much things I don't feel like detailling once, because anyway, they will show up by themselves. A dev rarely mention every debugging he did or every optimization he made. He just said "I was working on this". Same here.
Just detail 1 or 2 big things, we don't need the details of everything.
Alright but later, once I have catched up work and IF I am not too tired (I' is almost 1AM for me and I am working tomorrow). I promise I will, I just can't promise for tonight. Deal?

Android Wallet:  Something that actually has some merit.  But if it's closed source, you're going to get burned by the alt community, if it's open everyone is just going to copy it and you have nothing again.
Please read above. Condition for the bounty was that it would be open-source so it will be open-source. Yes, it will be copied by anyone and this is a good thing - as long as we accept the fact that it will be and we try to capitalise on this. We are about transparency and bringing something more than satoshi to the crypto-world. And we deliver.
Great news, while you're all about transparency can you show us a ledger for the 700 million premine?
This I cannot because I am not the dev - the dev has it, not me and there won't be 700 since some had been donated already. What I can show you is the amount of money on the several donations I am hosting.

For those of you that don't know, whales move the altcoin markets, and I can't see them pushing through all the sell walls and all the whales circling to unload.  About 50% is being held by the top 50 wallets, mintcoins are so concentrated at the top, that I don't see any pumping group risking going too high on this coin.
This is real issue for every crypto. The Gini index for crypto is catastropic. I am thinking of some ideas to reduce this but nothing clear for the moment. At least, not clear enough that I feel confident to say out loud in the open.
A better distribution of coins would help.
I agree wholeheartedly. We can't force people to share their wealth, but we have other way to convince them - this is the "secret" part that I am not ready to talk about Smiley
Everyone please help support the Mintcoin Thunderclap campaign.  Mintcoin on Earthday  support https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

Done!

Is there a way to make the embed for the Thunderclap work on the forum?

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Everyone please help support the Mintcoin Thunderclap campaign.  Mintcoin on Earthday  support https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

Done!

Is there a way to make the embed for the Thunderclap work on the forum?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Come on guys.  Cheesy

But they are clearly SO hungry! I wonder why they suddenly felt the need to come back here?
Activity: 43
Mintcoin Fund:  How is something that dumps Mintcoins onto the market supposed to increase the price of Mint?  Awareness? People already know of Mint.
Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price. It is about accomplishing a goal. Increasing mint price is just a consequence. That's why it works, because, as I said before here and on another community thread, a coin without a cause can only go that far.
"Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price"

Various Updates:  What does this even mean?  Fixing grammar and spelling mistakes are consider updates.
It meant "too much things I don't feel like detailling once, because anyway, they will show up by themselves. A dev rarely mention every debugging he did or every optimization he made. He just said "I was working on this". Same here.
Just detail 1 or 2 big things, we don't need the details of everything.

Android Wallet:  Something that actually has some merit.  But if it's closed source, you're going to get burned by the alt community, if it's open everyone is just going to copy it and you have nothing again.
Please read above. Condition for the bounty was that it would be open-source so it will be open-source. Yes, it will be copied by anyone and this is a good thing - as long as we accept the fact that it will be and we try to capitalise on this. We are about transparency and bringing something more than satoshi to the crypto-world. And we deliver.
Great news, while you're all about transparency can you show us a ledger for the 700 million premine?

For those of you that don't know, whales move the altcoin markets, and I can't see them pushing through all the sell walls and all the whales circling to unload.  About 50% is being held by the top 50 wallets, mintcoins are so concentrated at the top, that I don't see any pumping group risking going too high on this coin.
This is real issue for every crypto. The Gini index for crypto is catastropic. I am thinking of some ideas to reduce this but nothing clear for the moment. At least, not clear enough that I feel confident to say out loud in the open.

A better distribution of coins would help.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Monero Core Team
Monero Core Team
Activity: 210
I have never once said that I supported BC
Still you and mr_random keep bring up bc in this thread.
NO ONE talked about it until you guys did.
Activity: 56

How can we change that?
[/quote]

We are working on an advertising team if you are interested in possibly joining please contact David.
Activity: 56
Activity: 210
Price is just fine if it stays around 10-15 sat for the rest of this year imo.
What worries me is the low buy support/volume..
The fund is a great thing but when projects start to recieve donations and they want to convert their mints to fiat, what will happen then when virtually no one want to buy their mints?

Allmost everybody that buy cryptocurrencies these days are in it for short time profit. If a coin have no volume / no action it will be forgotten.

Scan through btt and you will find that allmost no one mention mintcoin.

How can we change that?
Jump to: