Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 346. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Price down to 10 satoshis.

Hey mr_random, I just wanted to say that it was a great thing you guys over at Blackcoin did sponsoring the Dogecoin Meet in SF, it's real good to see all the altcoins trying to help each other along....rather than trying to beat each other down....again....great job
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Don't worry, one of these guys will tell you how this is not bad news.  Someone might even say it's great news.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Why there is no POS for 20 consecutive days
1.8 The wallet
how do I
Before interest without entering a new purse
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Is anyone using Pinterest? It will be extremely helpful to our campaign if we open a Pinterest board and follow the campaigns with the images as well. Please contact me either on this forum or by PM.

I would be down for sharing mintcoin pinterest "pins"
Shoot me a pm with more info

thanks
Thanks KSGuy. A member of the marketing team will contact you soon.
Activity: 224
Professional anarchist
Er, what the hell is "dogfooding" ?

Ha, yes, sometimes I forget we have our own parallel language:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Is anyone using Pinterest? It will be extremely helpful to our campaign if we open a Pinterest board and follow the campaigns with the images as well. Please contact me either on this forum or by PM.

I would be down for sharing mintcoin pinterest "pins"
Shoot me a pm with more info

thanks
Activity: 182
Just for information - I'm working on a Metro style (what we now have to call "Modern", sigh) app for the Windows desktop. It runs in client only mode (SPV). Although it will naturally target Bitcoin first, Mint and NXT are planned to follow.

I will need to enlist Minters for dogfooding when we are ready.

Er, what the hell is "dogfooding" ?
Activity: 224
Professional anarchist
Just for information - I'm working on a Metro style (what we now have to call "Modern", sigh) app for the Windows desktop. It runs in client only mode (SPV). Although it will naturally target Bitcoin first, Mint and NXT are planned to follow.

I will need to enlist Minters for dogfooding when we are ready.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Can you open your coin control features and sort by list and highest conformations?
Whats the amount of conformations on top entires and amounts in coins?
If you have over 60 000 conformations on top inputs and amount in coins is decent, then you will have your interest coins soon.

Minting icon is already implemented in pull request. We are waiting for merge from mintcointeam. This will provide more info when minting is active and estimated time for getting interest.
Activity: 185
[...]

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.
It sounded to me like you didn't backup your wallet.dat while upgrading (or didn't put the backed up file into the %appdata% folder before starting mint). If you have your wallet.dat anywhere on your computer (even if it's very old), you will be able to recover your coins. Close your wallet, copy your old wallet.dat into mintcoin's appdata folder, open mint, if you see your addresses but not coins, try "checkwallet".

If you got your coins from mintpal or poloniex, those exchanges are guaranteed to be on the correct chain, so you should have your coins in your address no matter what (even if you were on the incorrect chain while at 1.5, as sender was on the correct chain, the transactions would have been accepted in both chains). Still if you don't have your old wallet.dat, you cannot claim them
Activity: 185
Guys, coins stayed in wallet already 40 days, but minting doesn't start, nothing hold and nothing "mined". WTF

What version wallet do you have?
How many coins do you have in the wallet?
How long do you leave the wallet open for each day?
1.7. It's not really neccessary to upgrade to 1.8.
I've got 3,5M.
How long it is open? What for I should leave it open? Coins were for months there and I didn't open wallet. Three days ago open, download blockchain, unlock it....and nothing.
Keep your wallet unlocked and open for some time, it will eventually happen. It has to compete with the network to generate a stake
Activity: 308
Guys, coins stayed in wallet already 40 days, but minting doesn't start, nothing hold and nothing "mined". WTF

What version wallet do you have?
How many coins do you have in the wallet?
How long do you leave the wallet open for each day?
1.7. It's not really neccessary to upgrade to 1.8.
I've got 3,5M.
How long it is open? What for I should leave it open? Coins were for months there and I didn't open wallet. Three days ago open, download blockchain, unlock it....and nothing.
I like this MINT price at the moment. Gives newcomers fair change to buy.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Well, I did my small part for the evening. Bought ~920,000 to push my small bag over 3M. It was a steal @12!  Wink
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
It appears someone is pushing the price down on Mintpal. They use a 10 BTC chunk to push it downward. They hit the next lowest, then suddenly 10 BTC gets moved down 1 sat to fill the new spot. This implies they expect the price to rise enough to make buying that many worth while. I believe it may have to do with the rumors of a PoS android wallet incoming.

This also implies a pump&dump will be incoming as well. Could be low as 18-20 sats if they can't get a bigger pump going.

Edit: A pump and dump could actually be GOOD for everyone, as price will rise again and coins will then be spread out more. What the new holders do with the coins matters too.

Activity: 230
Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {
"wallet check passed" : true
}. Kinda sucks that I lost all my coins for some unknown reason >.<

1.5 and 1.6 are following a wrong chain. 1.7 update was mandatory.

Now, you have a few options;

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

Do you have an old wallet.dat file saved on a USB ir something? One that you had previously to upgrading your wallet?

If you do have this file, and have not used it yet to try and find your coins, then you are still able to get them back.

Save a copy of the wallet.dat file to your desktop, be sure it is one that you have not used before.

Then, click the Windows Start Button (lower left on screen) and in the text box type %appdata% just above where you typed this, a folder called Roaming will appear. Double click this folder and scroll down until you see the Mintcoin folder. Open this folder and delete everything in the folder, then close out and return to your desktop.

Now, click on the Mintcoin-QT.exe file be sure it is the newest version of the wallet 1.8 DO NOT USE 1.5
Once the wallet is opened and you can see that it is syncing with the network, close the wallet.

Now, go back and click the Windows Start button again, type %appdata% open the Roaming file, scroll to the Mintcoin file open it, then delete the wallet.dat file. Only this file needs to be deleted. Once you have deleted it, copy the wallet.dat file from your desktop and paste it into the Mintcoin folder. Restart the wallet and allow it to completely sync with the network, this will take a few hours.

If the wallet.dat file you used from a USB flash drive was not corrupted from trying to use it before, then your coins will be added back to your wallet once the wallet syncs completely.
Jump to: