Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 349. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 252
yeah that order book thingy for mint is really brutal. but than again i don't believe in the walls. they are just set up to influence the market. they are likely to be removed if the value starts rising. don't care about them. just keep buying if you can afford to. we can't fall deeper than 0  Roll Eyes
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
if it was interest they would sell for market. its one guy with a shitload of mint who is desperate to unload it.

dump at market and get out before you totally kill the value, whoever you are

might as well get something out of it while you can, and leave the rest of us some small hope that the price might recover after we hit the bottom
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Look at the order depth on mintpal. Ya'll would do a lot better if you removed all of those sell orders and instead collected compound interest at 20% for the first year.

All those sell orders are forcing the market down down down. You can't dump so you may as well mint. We'll never get anywhere like this. Its killing MINT.

Yeah we seriously need to get people to take down some of those massive sell orders. Who the fuck is selling at 12-13 sat I mean seriously people come on. You are just chasing each other down to poverty. It's a lose-lose situation.

It's the 20% rate of interest. People just dump their interest for BTC. Why not it's free money.

If the market had any amount of decent buy support it wouldn't matter but the buy walls are paper think... it's like a house of cards balanced on a toothpick.

Get out imo.

It's not free money if the sell orders are just sitting there for who knows how long before they are bought up, and the 20% interest is something a lot of people don't seem to understand. If I had 100 million US dollars earning me 20% interest, I sure as hell wouldn't be giving the interest away each time I was payed it, I would be re-investing it back into the place that payed me that 20% in the first place.

Sure Blackcoin is doing very good and making people lots of money, Mintcoin, as well as other altcoins can do the same thing given time, people just have to start accepting the fact that there are more than one or two crypto currencies out there, and a lot of them are not going to go away.

I commend the Blackcoin Team for what they have accomplished in such a short amount of time, very well done. Mintcoin is trying to do the same, just at a slower pace, and with more benefits to people who hold coins and earn more as the price increases.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I would actually prefer it dropped down to a couple satoshi temporarily just to flush out all these sell orders, redistribute and then continue to grow for the true investors/believers.

I was about to say the same thing, I think it would be best if the people who are holding the market down just hurried up and got out.
Activity: 165
I would actually prefer it dropped down to a couple satoshi temporarily just to flush out all these sell orders, redistribute and then continue to grow for the true investors/believers.
to get a visual comparison use the new order depth view on mintpal

Yes, that pretty much puts it into a better perspective, 179 BTC needed to get the value to 62 Satoshis, 75.8 BTC needed to get to 25.

That is a big hill to climb, and there is so many Mintcoins just sitting there waiting for this to happen, I truly cannot understand why anyone would want to leave money sit in a drawer and allow it to devalue, when you can put it in a safe place and allow it to grow in the amount you have, as well as increase in value.

If any of the people here on this forum have any Mintcoins sitting on a sell order on any exchange, please withdraw them and allow Mint to move onwards and upwards, and earn some more Mintcoins as it happens.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I guess I could spend all my free time doing other things like our friend here.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm pretty sure the orders are intentional so I'm just going to do my part and keep buying whatever I can afford to try to remove
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Look at the order depth on mintpal. Ya'll would do a lot better if you removed all of those sell orders and instead collected compound interest at 20% for the first year.

All those sell orders are forcing the market down down down. You can't dump so you may as well mint. We'll never get anywhere like this. Its killing MINT.

Yeah we seriously need to get people to take down some of those massive sell orders. Who the fuck is selling at 12-13 sat I mean seriously people come on. You are just chasing each other down to poverty. It's a lose-lose situation.

It's the 20% rate of interest. People just dump their interest for BTC. Why not it's free money.

If the market had any amount of decent buy support it wouldn't matter but the buy walls are paper think... it's like a house of cards balanced on a toothpick.

Get out imo.
to get a visual comparison use the new order depth view on mintpal
Also, make sure you understand what compound interest is.
Compound interest arises when interest is added to the principal of a deposit or loan, so that, from that moment on, the interest that has been added also earns interest. This addition of interest to the principal is called compounding. A bank account, for example, may have its interest compounded every year: in this case, an account with $1000 initial principal and 20% interest per year would have a balance of $1200 at the end of the first year, $1440 at the end of the second year, and so on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compound_interest

Easy version, don't sell your interest, let it ride and gain interest itself as it compounds.

Activity: 210
i think the most coins this low are just minted coins which some whales already got for "free". so they haven't paid for them and try to sell them quickly. really short sighted. we have to remain confident and become the whales ourselves  Grin
No one could possibly have minted that mutch!
It must be some early miners that never ever read the op and have no clue how the coin works...
i think the most coins this low are just minted coins which some whales already got for "free". so they haven't paid for them and try to sell them quickly. really short sighted. we have to remain confident and become the whales ourselves  Grin

Well, if that's the case, it just proves that whales do have small brains. All they are doing (if that is the case) is totally destroying the overall worth of their larger investment.

It's like if I held 100 million US dollars and did whatever I could to make those dollars go down in value....why?   Makes no possible sense whatsoever, especially if it cost you nothing to hold them for a while in your wallet and earn more Mints, and watch the price increase because those huge sell walls are not there any longer.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
yeah if you are going to dump go ahead and dump into the buy orders so we hit the floor and go up. If not put your mint in your wallet where it can do some good. 50-60+ BTC sell orders hanging like the sword of damocles over the market puts a pall over the whole thing and scares off buyers.

Who would ever buy in this situation? No one. It's like having an avalanche hanging over your head.  Cheesy

I'm having a real hard time understanding this as well. What are you going to accomplish by leaving millions upon millions of Mintcoin sitting on an exchange for weeks upon weeks? If you were to remove the the stupid amount of sell orders, and allow people to buy in with some confidence, then the price will increase and you can then sell off slowly.

To have a 10BTC sell wall at 13 Satoshi is about as stupid as stupid gets. You're loosing so much by leaving them on an exchange at these prices and not allowing the price to increase. If the walls were gone the price would increase say 20%, then you also make the interest off the coins in your wallet, you make more money....
Activity: 124
Merit: 101
Guys, coins stayed in wallet already 40 days, but minting doesn't start, nothing hold and nothing "mined". WTF

Are you sure you are keeping wallet unlocked?
Guys, coins stayed in wallet already 40 days, but minting doesn't start, nothing hold and nothing "mined". WTF

What version wallet do you have?
How many coins do you have in the wallet?
How long do you leave the wallet open for each day?
yeah if you are going to dump go ahead and dump into the buy orders so we hit the floor and go up. If not put your mint in your wallet where it can do some good. 50-60+ BTC sell orders hanging like the sword of damocles over the market puts a pall over the whole thing and scares off buyers.

Who would ever buy in this situation? No one. It's like having an avalanche hanging over your head.  Cheesy
Activity: 308
Jump to: