Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 51. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Work continues in the background on the mint wallet along with other mint projects.  While I'd also like development to move faster, I understand that we are a community based coin run by volunteers.  Translations are always welcome but there is not a budget in place for such projects.  Google translate is a more cost effective solution then paid translations.
While I'd love to discuss projects we have planned in more detail, the current team has agreed that we don't do pre-announcements.  Such discussions can facilitate speculation and unreasonable expectations.
We don't have ICO or pre-mine money.  We don't have corporate backing or a hype machine.  But we do have a lightning fast, working coin, with a friendly atmosphere of transparency that anyone can participate in.  Smiley

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
since delisted from the polo..  the trade volume is slump..   the coin need some good news the cheer up??
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
My debug log is only 8MB. Are you talking about the txleveldb folder, or the actual debug.log text file?

What operating system are you running?

Have you tried restarting the client?

Have you tried turning off the client and deleting the debug log, then restarting?

How did you originally download the blockchain? ...From scratch or from snapshot, or from bootstrap?

I think the upload traffic is probably normally high because of a new block syncing every 30 seconds, right? Maybe someone else knows more about this, just trying to help.

It was synced from scratch.

The os is ubuntu server 14.04.

I think that is not normal. A block is usually under a kilobyte. Even if there was a block every second it would not amount to such traffic.

But anyway, I shut down the node. It was not worth it...

I run about 10 coin nodes on this server (including bitcoin with a 90gb blockchain), this kind of thing never happend with any of the other coins.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Been looking at my debug log. It seems to add almost 5Mb per day to the text file.

What does this message mean?

"Flushing wallet.dat"

Just did a Google search.  There are a decent amount of related links.  Here's one of them...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-does-flushing-walletdat-mean-20993
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Been looking at my debug log. It seems to add almost 5Mb per day to the text file.

What does this message mean?

"Flushing wallet.dat"
My debug log is only 8MB. Are you talking about the txleveldb folder, or the actual debug.log text file?

What operating system are you running?

Have you tried restarting the client?

Have you tried turning off the client and deleting the debug log, then restarting?

How did you originally download the blockchain? ...From scratch or from snapshot, or from bootstrap?

I think the upload traffic is probably normally high because of a new block syncing every 30 seconds, right? Maybe someone else knows more about this, just trying to help.
Activity: 574
Interesting, my debug.log is 24 MB.
Activity: 746
Been running mintcoind for a good month now.

What I noticed is that it hogs my cpu and bandwith.

This spams 24/7 through the log:

Code:
getblocks 873494 to 00000000000000000000 limit 500
  getblocks stopping at limit 873993 a8cb9ddf09d7ed0e288c
getblocks 2663361 to 00000000000000000000 limit 500
  getblocks stopping at limit 2663860 661bed1b69a5a1c2d767
getblocks 417994 to 00000000000000000000 limit 500
  getblocks stopping at limit 418493 4e2dadba98ffdf28125f
getblocks 418494 to 00000000000000000000 limit 500
  getblocks stopping at limit 418993 3b105f12ed51a36b8171
getblocks 873994 to 00000000000000000000 limit 500
  getblocks stopping at limit 874493 653fb74b296ccaea9236
getblocks 418994 to 00000000000000000000 limit 500
  getblocks stopping at limit 419493 8922e56a622513375577

The debug.log is soon gonna be larger than the blockchain itself Cheesy

Code:
-rw------- 1 krile krile 1.9G Oct  9 16:06 blk0001.dat
-rw------- 1 krile krile  87M Sep  2 16:11 blkindex.dat
drwx------ 2 krile krile 4.0K Oct  9 01:38 database
-rw------- 1 krile krile    0 Sep  2 15:58 db.log
-rw------- 1 krile krile 1.6G Oct  9 16:07 debug.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 krile krile   95 Sep  2 16:02 MintCoin.conf
-rw------- 1 krile krile    5 Sep 12 18:22 MintCoind.pid
-rw------- 1 krile krile 1.1M Oct  9 16:05 peers.dat
drwx------ 2 krile krile  36K Oct  9 04:52 txleveldb
-rw------- 1 krile krile  64K Oct  9 16:06 wallet.dat

I am getting over a TB of monthly (upload) traffic since I installed this node. (before it was around 200GB with multiple other coin nodes running).

I am running version "v2.0.2.0" (which is the latest one I believe).

I doubt there are soooo many clients bootstraping to the network all the time that they eat so much of my bandwidth. I am running other wallets on the server (most with a bigger networks/blockchains and none of them are doing this) It looks more like some older outdated clients requesting the same blocks over and over.

Can anyone give a solution for this? Otherwise I am shutting this down and sell the coins I guess.

Cheers
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Official bootstrap updated to include blocks up to 2978076 or 9/30/16.  Download at mintcoinofficial.com

Nice! Thank you. Stay safe out there! (with the hurricane and all)
Activity: 325
Official bootstrap updated to include blocks up to 2978076 or 9/30/16.  Download at mintcoinofficial.com
Activity: 25
Mintcoin needs to get listed back on poloniex. Almost no demand for the coin anywhere else.
I wouldn't say there is almost no demand. In a no demand situation, a coin just tanks and that is the end of it. There is demand for mintcoin, but volume is rather low. I think that's because people in mintcoin are just not going to do fraudulent practices of faking volumes. Poloniex has a lot of traders, but that is all they are, they are just going to profit off of you, the real mintcoiner. With them out of the picture, so to speak, then it gives us some good opportunity for good values and price discovery and a chance to get the solid deals, and on coins trading again in the hands of us who really care about minting and mintcoin. I think a lot of coins from poloniex were dumped and it was all really rather unexpected about the delisting; short notice, so the price is currently suppressed. But I don't think it will stay that way. Historically, there is tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of mintcoins bought up, so in the light of the current market conditions, it sounds like a possible opportunity to be buying, or at least buying if the price drops more, especially if you really believe in this coin. buy. The price is cheaper now which is good because it cost less for you to buy and will enable to mint more in the future for a less cost now. And still the minting rate is still at 10% which is sort of a lot, and so from now until December when the rate halves, more and more coins will be minted so maybe even the price will drop even more until then. But come December the rate goes to 5% so not as many new coins to be created so when people buy and save, there will be less other people with coins to sell, so eventually things will come to balance. I have some buy orders in for if it drops even lower, because you never know what people will do. But am also tempted to buy since Mint may never be this cheap again. But hopefully we can have all of the weak hands flush out and completely abandon it, because after that, then we will be poised for the greatest rebound/rise ever. Some trades that look like selling really are buys, and this is important to understand. I am not an expert though, just another fellow person that likes mintcoin. The world is a wicked and deceptive place and it pours into everyplace, even the cryptoworld. There are a lot of things going on in the world right now and IMO we all need to be careful to take care of ourselves, our families, and not be deceived. I think mintcoin is a great coin and has the possibility to still a great store of valued for a long time, and for generations. It is about commitment. I believe Mintcoin is a way to protect against inflation in fiat money etc. This is the kind of shit we are up against...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1aQ-XGWors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzX3YZoMrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oaO1ZTXv8Q
May the good Lord Protect You and Yours.
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Mintcoin needs to get listed back on poloniex. Almost no demand for the coin anywhere else.
Mintcoin has been added to the exchange Coingather with two trading pairs - Bitcoin and Litecoin

Announced on Twitter: MintCoin (MINT) has been listed under the BTC and LTC markets.
https://twitter.com/CoinGather/status/777340029211291648

https://www.coingather.com/exchange/MINT/BTC

https://www.coingather.com/exchange/MINT/LTC

Smiley Roll Eyes
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Just minted 945 coins Smiley is that the amount you get everytime or is it in relation to the number of matured coins?
I like mintcoin!!!!!

the minting rewards are percent based (currently 10% APY)
The amount you mint is based on the number of matured coins and is percent based.

For example:

If you have 10,000,000 mature coins and assuming you mint them at the very earliest moment possible on day 20, then your minted coins will be as follows:

(10,000,000 * 0.1) / (360 / 20) = 55,555 newly minted coins

If you keep your coins then the newly minted coins will also begin minting coins after 20 days as well, so you can take advantage of compounding.

So assuming you keep all your coins for another 20 days, the next time you mint it will be as follows:

(10,055,555 * 0.1) / (360 / 20) = 55,864 newly minted coins

So after 40 days, if all of your coins minted you would have a total of 10,111,419 MINT

Using the same formula, after 20 more days you would mint 56,174 coins, and so forth...

Congrats on minting  Smiley
Activity: 750
Just minted 945 coins Smiley is that the amount you get everytime or is it in relation to the number of matured coins?
I like mintcoin!!!!!

the minting rewards are percent based (currently 10% APY)
Activity: 48
I like mintcoin!!!!!
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
I've been trying to stake the past 2 hours and keeps saying generated but not accepted. why does it take this long? i only have 5 connections. is that why?

Just leave your wallet open for a while. It will keep going until successful and should gain more connections too. It's kind of like mining for bitcoin or another proof-of-work coin in the sense that your coinweight is competing vs others for finding the block. Connections shouldn't have too much to do with it but maybe a little bit.  Idk too much about the affect connections make on staking. I would say, keep it open as you gain more connections it will probably have a better chance of getting accepted once it generates. In my experience, sometimes it can go fast, and other times it can take a few days before it mints.  If it is at the point where you say it is, where it is generating but not accepted, then that means you are very very close to being successful with a minting, but just barely not making it. Just be patient. I think it means that you were going to stake but in just the last second another was coinweight was found that beat yours. in 2 hours, you would have had about 240 trys. There are 2880 trys (blocks) per day, so don't give up. Sounds like you are close to making it.
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
I've been trying to stake the past 2 hours and keeps saying generated but not accepted. why does it take this long? i only have 5 connections. is that why?
Activity: 459
Also, I just noticed the coingecko valuation for MINT is currently 0.00000014 and saying up 97.858% in 24 hours.

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/mintcoin

It showing that on the ticker on the front page, and also their website. Seems weirdly high. Where are they pulling their prices?

I think they made up their own, the current average price on Cryptopia is only 7 sat while other exchanges has no volume.
Activity: 356
Also, I just noticed the coingecko valuation for MINT is currently 0.00000014 and saying up 97.858% in 24 hours.

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/mintcoin

It showing that on the ticker on the front page, and also their website. Seems weirdly high. Where are they pulling their prices?

Pages:
Jump to: