Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 624. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
1. A considerable amount of coins have already been mined and a significant amount will be minted. Anything over 20-30 million coins is way too much and will dilute the value of any coin. When a coin has a total supply of 18+ billion the coin is pretty much doomed. Over time Doge and other coins will also suffer because too many coins are in "circulation".

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins makes a currency more or less valuable is borderline retarded.
I agree with this gentlemen.

What is the difference between 100 billion, 1 billion, 100 million, etc. Huh With bitcoin we still deal with Satoshi's, fractions of a coin, which make pricing a bit more confusing when it fractions out so far. When making a new currency, why not just move the decimal further down and make each coin less? What the hell is the difference? It makes it far easier to buy/sell/trade with, and doesn't turn away newbies.

It makes a huge difference. I explain here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5660897

"Inflation was so bad in Germany that money became worthless. Here a child is using money as a toy. Money was used as wallpaper, to make kites. Towards the end of 1923, so much money was needed, people had to carry it about in wheel barrows. You hear stories of people stealing the wheel barrow, but leaving the money."

That will be the fate of Mint...

You're missing the point that the market has already counted in the numbers of coins that will be minted.
Just like how the price doesn't explode when the block reward is halving (stupid myth launched by noobs) just like that the price won't fluctate because of the amount of coins mined.

Your example is pure based on a nation printing an unknown and huge amount of nowhere without anything backing it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Low value coins
Total supply MINT: 18,630,356,442  =  $2,523,442 USD
Total supply  DOGE: 59,317,894,813  = $58,446,514 USD

High value coins
Total supply BTC: 12,505,525 = $8,005,036,663 USD
Total Supply MSC: 563,162 = $43,284,631 USD

So, how do you calculate value? based on number of coins? Then 42Coin should have a market cap 300,000 times greater than BTC?
Of course that is not how it works. BTC is the most valued coin because it was first and has been arround way longer than any other coin and the network and community support has growned largest of them all.

And how did you decide what coins are high value/low value? DOGE have higher market cap than MSC still you find DOGE low value and MSC high value?

Value PER COIN might be higher on a coin with lower supply but its the market cap that counts.

You know, BTC is divided into satoshis so the real amount is 100,000,000 times higher. And there are discussions about adding more decimals so it can be divided into even smaller pieces

Even funnier , all the coins share the same feature Smiley
You can even split doge into 100 milions. But that value would be right now too close to 0.
So you agree that number of coins doesnt matter then?
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

Low value coins

High value coins

So, how do you calculate value? based on number of coins? Then 42Coin should have a market cap 300,000 times greater than BTC?
Of course that is not how it works. BTC is the most valued coin because it was first and has been arround way longer than any other coin and the network and community support has growned largest of them all.

And how did you decide what coins are high value/low value? DOGE have higher market cap than MSC still you find DOGE low value and MSC high value?

Value PER COIN might be higher on a coin with lower supply but its the market cap that counts.

You know, BTC is divided into satoshis so the real amount is 100,000,000 times higher. And there are discussions about adding more decimals so it can be divided into even smaller pieces

Even funnier , all the coins share the same feature Smiley
You can even split doge into 100 milions. But that value would be right now too close to 0.
1. A considerable amount of coins have already been mined and a significant amount will be minted. Anything over 20-30 million coins is way too much and will dilute the value of any coin. When a coin has a total supply of 18+ billion the coin is pretty much doomed. Over time Doge and other coins will also suffer because too many coins are in "circulation".

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins makes a currency more or less valuable is borderline retarded.

What is the difference between 100 billion, 1 billion, 100 million, etc. Huh With bitcoin we still deal with Satoshi's, fractions of a coin, which make pricing a bit more confusing when it fractions out so far. When making a new currency, why not just move the decimal further down and make each coin less? What the hell is the difference? It makes it far easier to buy/sell/trade with, and doesn't turn away newbies.

It makes a huge difference. I explain here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5660897

"Inflation was so bad in Germany that money became worthless. Here a child is using money as a toy. Money was used as wallpaper, to make kites. Towards the end of 1923, so much money was needed, people had to carry it about in wheel barrows. You hear stories of people stealing the wheel barrow, but leaving the money."

You have got it all wrong!
This is only true if you have a certain amount of coins with a certain value and then all of a sudden you decide to multiply them over and over.
Lets say we take bitcoin right now and decide to change the total coinsupply to 1000 times what it is and lower the mining difficulty to 0.00001 so tomorrow we would have buillions of new bitcoins, then this german example would be true
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins make a currnecy more or less valuable is borderline retarded.

I am not going to engage you in juvenile name calling and I do not expect you to understand the fundamentals of economics when you resort to name calling. Instead of calling me names why not make your argument in a intelligent manner? You haven't provided one shred of evidence that backs up your claims. There is a reason why countries often destroy and control the flow of money. Having too much money in circulation whether it is fiat or crypto is not a good thing. Too many units in circulation devalues the currency and causes inflation. Even the Bitcoin community is aware of this and are trying to come up with a solution for inflation. If you ever read a book on economics you would understand my point. 5 minutes on Cryptocoinmarket and you would understand the point I was making.

Low value coins

High value coins

There will always be exceptions to the rule in the short term, but fundamentally no crypto currency can sustain itself with that many coins in circulation.

FYI I do not make claims without information to back it up.

1: http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/634/economics/the-problem-with-printing-money/
2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

You can call me names if that makes you feel good, but it doesn't change basic math and basic economics. Mint will never reach 1000+ sat.

I stand by my original estimation of your intellect. You compare Mint and Doge with BTC and mastercoin? WTF are you smoking man? Why don't we compare Mint and RPC and we'll just ignore this so called IconicExpert. Relative max coin supply means diddlysquat. Just something that should be known on a coin to coin basis and not evaluated comparatively and used to make ridiculous assertions. You are barking up the wrong tree. Take it to the MIM thread.
Merit: 1000

Not exactly since you won't have this problem with cryptocurrencies. Mint can't be touched so you don't have to carry it. Its just a number on your screen you can use to buy some things on the internet. Most of the fiat money in circulation today is digital aswell, digital money exists for a reason, and that reason is that people don't have to carry all of their money around to buy some simple things.

Low value coins

High value coins

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Respectfully, some people here have unrealistic expectations for this coin. I also hold a considerable amount of Mint and I think the coin has some limited potential, but it will never reach 1000+ sat.

2. The developers are just not active enough. I hear many arguments that the developers have "lives" and families. We all have lives and families and no one forced the developers to release a coin. If you make the decision to develop a cryptocoin then you have to make the decision to actively promote and engage the users of the coin you created. If your fiat bank closed for a week and their explanation was: "we are closed for week  because we have lives and a family", you would withdraw all your funds from that bank immediately.

3. Perception is reality and quite frankly the website and logo is amateurish at best. No serious development team would have released that logo and website. Many excellent logos have been created by this community and after weeks of waiting I "think" one has finally been selected as the official new logo. And the fact the website was down for several days in unacceptable. A website being hacked or DDoS is no excuse for not being able to find a new host within hours and having the site back up.

4. It is too easy to create and launch a coin, and anyone with a computer and the ability to copy and paste can create a "new" coin in a matter of minutes. Many coins are being released by teenagers in foreign countries that have a limited understanding about software development and have no clue how financial markets work.

Unfortunately the fundamentals do not support Mint being a long term investment, and after a few minor pumps and dumps it will eventually settle in the single digit sat range.

Respectfully, I would tend to disagree with some of your statements.

1) The initial amount of coins in circulation is irrelevant. The price is adjusted to reflect the amount in circulation.

50,000,000,000 x 0.00000025 = 12,500

50,000,000 x 0.00025 = 12,500

I believe what you are referring to is if the amount of coins in circulation is constantly growing at a large rate. This is inflation and if uncontrolled is very bad for any currency regardless of how many coins are in circulation. Mintcoin seems to have a stable and predictable rate of inflation. I think you need to review your argument here because this is basic economics.

2) This seems to be a point made about every coin at the moment. While active participation is always good I think many people do have very unrealistic expectations about what devs are supposed to be doing and when. I do agree that this could be improved but they have far from abandoned their coin like some others seem to have.

3) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

4) This is a great example of pulling information out of your ass and claiming it to be true. Seriously where do you come up with this stuff? Besides what does this have to do with Mintcoin whatsoever.

Shakes magic 8-ball and makes prediction based on "FUNdamentals". Only time will tell where Mintcoin will end up. You are just guessing here which you are allowed to do. Maybe you will be right maybe you won't but respectfully your statements don't fill me with confidence that you are the right person to be making trusted market predictions.
Activity: 168

Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU

Activity: 169
The triple bar M is good and looks good on the coins in picture (Good Job), however the graphics in the new logos and branding on front page are really missing something. I don't think the new graphics are gonna help the cause. Sorry for the negativity, but I am very vested in this coin.
Activity: 126
Any news on the logo? There was a competition for a new one I remember. What's the status?
Done and won. Sorry, I didn't take time to mention it here, I assume someone else would have done it

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,249.0.html
Quote from: davidlatapie
version 3 of this post
version 2 of this post
version 1 of this post

And the winner is: "triple-bar" by pixibug!

The AI/PSD files should be available soon.
Sharpen your websites!
Gorgeous!!!!
GambleX Exchange/Gambling
PSA: Gamblex has added MINTCOIN to their supported coins. We will provide an exchange and a gambling section where you can trade and gamble with MINT! Check out now, how you can profit from this. Investing is open now!

Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anninvest-gamblex-last-chance-to-invest-today-join-now-498311
Activity: 100
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Any news on the logo? There was a competition for a new one I remember. What's the status?
Done and won. Sorry, I didn't take time to mention it here, I assume someone else would have done it

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,249.0.html
Quote from: davidlatapie
version 3 of this post
version 2 of this post
version 1 of this post

And the winner is: "triple-bar" by pixibug!

The AI/PSD files should be available soon.
Sharpen your websites!
EarnCryptoCoins
144039 MINT already claimed!
3700+ members/1500+ claiming MINT every hour!
22500+ claims/4000+ transactions done!
Join now and get your free MintCoins!

MintCoin Faucet
Pays from 2.00 to 5.00 MINT per hour.
10% referral earnings.

DONATIONS
MnvCAq8xeeEBMmiCY8ftrf1d4YjRJ5zg53

(After donating please send us message here with TXID, short title(40chars maximum) and a link so we can publish them in the donations sections on coin page)

MintCoin Raffle
Tickets 100 MINT each.
Draw every 12 hours.
1% house edge to support raffle and faucet.
Activity: 168

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins make a currnecy more or less valuable is borderline retarded.

I am not going to engage you in juvenile name calling and I do not expect you to understand the fundamentals of economics when you resort to name calling. Instead of calling me names why not make your argument in a intelligent manner? You haven't provided one shred of evidence that backs up your claims. There is a reason why countries often destroy and control the flow of money. Having too much money in circulation whether it is fiat or crypto is not a good thing. Too many units in circulation devalues the currency and causes inflation. Even the Bitcoin community is aware of this and are trying to come up with a solution for inflation. If you ever read a book on economics you would understand my point. 5 minutes on Cryptocoinmarket and you would understand the point I was making.

Low value coins

High value coins

There will always be exceptions to the rule in the short term, but fundamentally no crypto currency can sustain itself with that many coins in circulation.

FYI I do not make claims without information to back it up.

1: http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/634/economics/the-problem-with-printing-money/
2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

You can call me names if that makes you feel good, but it doesn't change basic math and basic economics. Mint will never reach 1000+ sat.

I would love to see a USD/MINT exchange soon, it would be pretty nice since we don't have to use btc anymore to purchase MINT

Look here: https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=mint-usd

I mean a usd/mint exchange at a major exchange not a tiny one with almost no trading volume.
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
I would love to see a USD/MINT exchange soon, it would be pretty nice since we don't have to use btc anymore to purchase MINT

Look here: https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=mint-usd
Jump to: