Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 625. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
1. A considerable amount of coins have already been mined and a significant amount will be minted. Anything over 20-30 million coins is way too much and will dilute the value of any coin. When a coin has a total supply of 18+ billion the coin is pretty much doomed. Over time Doge and other coins will also suffer because too many coins are in "circulation".

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins makes a currency more or less valuable is borderline retarded.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Respectfully, some people here have unrealistic expectations for this coin. I also hold a considerable amount of Mint and I think the coin has some limited potential, but it will never reach 1000+ sat.

1. A considerable amount of coins have already been mined and a significant amount will be minted. Anything over 20-30 million coins is way too much and will dilute the value of any coin. When a coin has a total supply of 18+ billion the coin is pretty much doomed. Over time Doge and other coins will also suffer because too many coins are in "circulation".

2. The developers are just not active enough. I hear many arguments that the developers have "lives" and families. We all have lives and families and no one forced the developers to release a coin. If you make the decision to develop a cryptocoin then you have to make the decision to actively promote and engage the users of the coin you created. If your fiat bank closed for a week and their explanation was: "we are closed for week  because we have lives and a family", you would withdraw all your funds from that bank immediately.

3. Perception is reality and quite frankly the website and logo is amateurish at best. No serious development team would have released that logo and website. Many excellent logos have been created by this community and after weeks of waiting I "think" one has finally been selected as the official new logo. And the fact the website was down for several days in unacceptable. A website being hacked or DDoS is no excuse for not being able to find a new host within hours and having the site back up.

4. It is too easy to create and launch a coin, and anyone with a computer and the ability to copy and paste can create a "new" coin in a matter of minutes. Many coins are being released by teenagers in foreign countries that have a limited understanding about software development and have no clue how financial markets work.

Unfortunately the fundamentals do not support Mint being a long term investment, and after a few minor pumps and dumps it will eventually settle in the single digit sat range.

I agree with your arguments, but I definitely think that MINT has the potential to reach triple digit prices in satoshis.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
I bought some Mintcoin on Cryptsy yesterday

There is a giveaway here http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php?topic=977.0
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Respectfully, some people here have unrealistic expectations for this coin. I also hold a considerable amount of Mint and I think the coin has some limited potential, but it will never reach 1000+ sat.

2. The developers are just not active enough. I hear many arguments that the developers have "lives" and families. We all have lives and families and no one forced the developers to release a coin. If you make the decision to develop a cryptocoin then you have to make the decision to actively promote and engage the users of the coin you created. If your fiat bank closed for a week and their explanation was: "we are closed for week  because we have lives and a family", you would withdraw all your funds from that bank immediately.

3. Perception is reality and quite frankly the website and logo is amateurish at best. No serious development team would have released that logo and website. Many excellent logos have been created by this community and after weeks of waiting I "think" one has finally been selected as the official new logo. And the fact the website was down for several days in unacceptable. A website being hacked or DDoS is no excuse for not being able to find a new host within hours and having the site back up.

4. It is too easy to create and launch a coin, and anyone with a computer and the ability to copy and paste can create a "new" coin in a matter of minutes. Many coins are being released by teenagers in foreign countries that have a limited understanding about software development and have no clue how financial markets work.

Unfortunately the fundamentals do not support Mint being a long term investment, and after a few minor pumps and dumps it will eventually settle in the single digit sat range.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Activity: 126
Any news on the logo? There was a competition for a new one I remember. What's the status?
I think the logo on the wiki page was the winner. You can read about it on mintcointalk
Sweet! For others on this forum. Here's the winner:
Anyone know how often made POS-awards? once a month?

I leave my Mint wallet open 24/7 and mine around 5,000 Mints a day.

How is this?  I thought it didnt payout for 20 days. Ive got 2mil in a wallet and Stake: Unconfirmed: bot show 0.  Should I be seeing something there?
You do have to wait 20 days. No question about that. Been confirmed multiple times by dozens of users.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Anyone know how often made POS-awards? once a month?

I leave my Mint wallet open 24/7 and mine around 5,000 Mints a day.

How is this?  I thought it didnt payout for 20 days. Ive got 2mil in a wallet and Stake: Unconfirmed: bot show 0.  Should I be seeing something there?
Activity: 210
Any news on the logo? There was a competition for a new one I remember. What's the status?
I think the logo on the wiki page was the winner. You can read about it on mintcointalk
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
As far as I understand, you have to do nothing.

Only in case you had it encrypted it would make sense to unlock it.

So the fact that "Unlock button" is greyed out means my wallet is not encrypted and therefore will start the process of minting right away?  Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, just let the coins mature to 20 days and you will start to see new mined coins in your wallet.

Thanks!
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

So the fact that "Unlock button" is greyed out means my wallet is not encrypted and therefore will start the process of minting right away?  Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, just let the coins mature to 20 days and you will start to see new mined coins in your wallet.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
We have the Wikipedia's English voice. Soon the italian one Smiley

see my profile
What about PoS and change addresses?
I hope you took care of that. I do not want to have my 20 days reset whenever I move a small sum out of my wallet.

Change: If I send, there are usually two target addresses involved. Only one of the two amounts is actually moved out of the wallet to the recipient, the other one is going straight back, into a change address in my wallet. So that 2nd sum has left the wallet yes, but only to end up in it again, within seconds. Imagine there is a 1 mio input from which I spend a 7 MINT output - that results in a second 999,993 MINT output, to my change address, so it ends up back in my wallet.

Still, I fear, the 20 days period is reset for both amounts, right?

As your wallet does not yet support "coin control", I cannot even know which of my existing coin piles are touched. With one tx of 10 MINT, I might destroy 20 days of PoS of 20 billion coins. Am I wrong? If not:

Please hardcode that if outgoing and incoming into change addresses happens, the coin age is preserved. Or it that is not consistent, then:

I suggest, that you (a) lower the 20 days, (b) implement coin control.

Implement coin control. Lowering the 20 days is  not a good idea as it is an important aspect of the coin design, security/sustainability.

So basically you want people to hord their mint coins, and not touch them for at least 20 days, to then collect some interest?

You want me to use another currency for my daily usage, and mint just for storing wealth?  
I could only trust that concept, if the price of mint-to-other-currencies were not falling too much. But why wouldn't it fall? Apart from storing wealth, mint seems useless - because as soon as I move some of my coins, the 20 days are reset?

I don't see how all that could be a revolutionary new currency.

I want to be able to send and receive money, buy pizza, exchange for other currencies - and while I am not using my money, I want to collect interest for it - immediately- , and in PoS, use it for helping to secure the network.

What about the "reservebalance" command? Does that help?

What about having a clear and short manual in the next wallet version?

What about implementing a BUTTON / TAB (like for PoW mining) "open wallet for minting"

sorry if there were already answers to my earlier post, I can impossibly read all the postings of each thread that I am posting in, and bitcointalk is a really really really bad system for following up on a discussion, it's more like everyone shouting at everyone else on a marketplace, with some people hoping there is a thread of consistent discussion happening nevertheless. So please quote me then I can at least use the search function to search for "drakoin". Thx.
Activity: 84

I just have a quick question because I don't want to miss out on any of the PoS minting... I have an unencrypted wallet, and the "unlock wallet" is greyed out.  I can not do the console command to unlock it because I don't have a password for my wallet.  Will I earn PoS in the current condition? Or do I need to encrypt the wallet to unlock it for a duration of time to receive PoS?

Thanks, I hope to see Mintcoin prosper

I have the same problem.  Can anyone help us???
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
All you are saying boils down to this:
"There is something big that will happen to this coin. What? I can't say. When? It won't happen for at least 2 weeks. But don't sell (ok, well day-trade a bit)...but you'll regret large sell orders!"
Exactly.
Which is what most coins claim...
I never promised you a rose garden.

I still fail to see, how this shall work. Everyone gets free coins daily, just for having coins. Why should one sell? The volumes on the market tell the same.
The value on the market is being manipulated so much that it's impossible to reach a decent value. It'll surely go up eventually, so get as much as you can, while you can and be patient. Cool

We will be heading back up from this point - the low has been tested.

there will be a time when people would kick themselves because they didn't bought mint at the 2 digit satoshi prices.

Sorry, this is only "will", "should", "could" but no facts to backup the wishes. I am still keeping my coins because I never sell below value of what I could have when I mined for the same time on multipools. Everything else doesnt make sense. But I must admit, that I already wrote off the income I hold in mintcoin. Prove me wrong and show that this thing works, as a mintcoin-holder I wont regret being proven wrong and pessimistic here.
Activity: 77
I just have a quick question because I don't want to miss out on any of the PoS minting... I have an unencrypted wallet, and the "unlock wallet" is greyed out.  I can not do the console command to unlock it because I don't have a password for my wallet.  Will I earn PoS in the current condition? Or do I need to encrypt the wallet to unlock it for a duration of time to receive PoS?

Thanks, I hope to see Mintcoin prosper
there will be a time when people would kick themselves because they didn't bought mint at the 2 digit satoshi prices.

Yes, I am not selling.
I have seen so many whales buying in at 25 level few days back.
Mintcoin@longterm is the way to go!

I think that 4000 euros should be of no concern in the next month.
Jump to: