Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 697. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
anyone else notice the quality of this thread drop right about the time it started becoming very difficult to mine? hmmmm
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Love a good drop. Nom nom. Grin
You'll love drop to 20 in the end.
I'm sorry, I was wrong.

Last Price:
Activity: 453
[quote author Need I do my purclightxlove link=topic=450381.msg5476016#msg5476016 date=1393821143]
Mintpal transfer?

I've been waiting about an hour for a transfer from Mintpal to my wallet. Never had a problem before. Anyone else?

Unless you used the wrong address it should be there soon. Smiley

Used the same address as the previous 2 transfers. Double checked everything. Record of transaction being done and sent. But no arrival to my account : (
[/quote]

I did another purchase about an hour ago and it hasn't showed up either. No response from my initial support ticket from 2 hours ago either. Not a great fan of poor service. Mintpal you can do better.  Angry
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
There was a premine, and perhaps the developer/founder pocketed the money or sold them at the recent peak, I don't really care. The dev worked hard to create the coin and is working hard to move the coin forward. The dev has to pay bills and has to eat and probably deserves a small reward for coming up with Mintcoin. I don't think it's so bad. At least it's not Mintcoin taken out of our wallets.

Let's say the dev pocketed the money, but sold off a large piece of it on the exchanges. This means more of it has been distributed and it has reached the hands of more people instead of being concentrated in the hands of the few. It also means slightly lowered prices at the exchanges. This is good for Mintcoin. I know you all want a totally selfless dev who doesn't get any reward, but things have to be interesting for the Dev if he is to continue working on it. I would probably not work as hard or as passionately on a project if I didn't get any reward for putting in all that time and energy, having sacrificed it from spending time on a day job or with family.

Wonderful logic! +1
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I usually try stay out of the forums, unless I need some help with something specific.  Lately I'm realizing that's a waste of time too. I try to focus on actual research and the forums are usually nothing more than a distraction.

However, I decided to be proactive and spend a little time here tonight in an effort to minimize future time loss.  Confused yet?  I'm also concerned because there is currently an effort to bring new users to Mint.  I was trying to think of ways to help educate new users and guide them through the process to get started using Mint.  Where could they turn if they have technical problems?  You know, things like that.  I realized that if I referred a new user to this forum, they would probably run like hell.  This goes for any coin.  If people want this to be more than a temporary fad, you have to get new users.  The crypto crowd can only feed on itself for so long.

I just would like to share some insight here.

First, I just want to say that NO ONE here can predict the future, regardless of whether you like this coin or that coin.  If you respond to a user who is trying to do that, what are you achieving?  You are simply countering an invalid argument with an invalid argument.  Not one single person in any of these forums can tell you the future of any crypto.  If they could, I wouldn't be here.  What fun would that be?

Second, I don't believe in suppressing anyone's ideas, so if you have something to say, by all means go ahead.  We can all learn new things.  But if others disagree, I don't think it's necessary to start an all out war just because we disagree.  Garbage is easy to spot here.  If you respond to garbage, you have no one but yourself to blame.

I'm guilty of unseemly behavior here too, so I'm not lecturing anyone.  I just unnecessarily blew up at someone yesterday on a forum, so I know how emotions can get in the way.  The thing is though, it was a waste of my time that I could have been using to earn money.

I've noticed a few "trolls" on this thread lately.  I define this as people with nothing to contribute who are just looking to start an argument or try and spread false information.  When you respond they achieve their goal.  I wonder what would happen if no one ever responded to them?  People using crypto aren't stupid.  If there is a post with ridiculous claims, and no responses, I think users can see through it.

Other forum users might have missed the trolls.  If you did, just pick any one of the 350 pages here and you can find one.  

However, I've also noticed people with legitimate questions and valid arguments being labelled trolls.  Some people have some concerns here.  If you can help, great.  If not, let the next person try.  There's no reason to get pissed off at someone simply because they're interested in the future of the coin.  That person may bring some clarity to the situation and help everyone.

For those of you who still feel the need to post negative things about coins without having any evidence to support your claims, go ahead.  Waste all the time you want here.  At least I have my eye on you and I know you are not accomplishing anything.  Forgive me for not responding.

I'm not trying to tell the future here.  I know for certain people are working hard on Mint.  I don't blame them for not posting very often in this forum, I wouldn't either.  We all know how markets are manipulated here.  If you could control the price of a coin, would you kill it?  How the hell can you make any money off a dead coin?  As long as development continues on Mint (or any other coin), the price will fluctuate.  This is my favorite aspect of cryptos.  It's better gambling than Vegas....
Activity: 48
I have researched every coin that came out in the past 2 months and I chose MINT. Why? Because it has a solid dev team behind it that actually want to make a coin that isnt just a quick pump and dump profit. I fully believe that 2 years down the road my $1 per mint is easily possible and with the dedication these guys have shown so far it is very believable. quit hassling them and spreading fear to the n00bs who dont know any better. let them chill with the families. i got 2 kids myself and yes i spend 16 hours a day on cryptos usually but there are times you just gotta take a break for a day. Mint will do just fine hold your coins or sell your coins i dont care either way im buying em up cheap and hanging on tight. also makin a killing playing the 5 satoshi swings both up and down.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Hey everyone just settle down and take 12 hours off from this god damn forum, yes, people do have lives outside of cryptocurrencies.  

You guys need to stop being short-sighted and just chill out

If you guys want to see things happen, then put up bounties... like myself and others have done

Otherwise, just sell your mintcoins and go away

At this point,

We are forming a community and the more that people come at us with hate and FUD, the stronger we will become.  

You can go look at charts and see how coins have come and gone, lived and died, but you are forgetting one thing.  Mintcoin is different.  It is not just another PoW coin or PoS coin.  It was a collaboration between people from around the planet to make a coin that could be distributed nicely through mining initially, and then allow for the coin to survive without the need for mining pools.  

You can't compare this coin to a PoW coin.  This is not a short-term coin idea.  It is not a Mooncoin, with some stupid meme about how many revolutions the moon does around the Earth and what not.

No, Mintcoin was designed for MINTING and branding a coin for REGULAR people to be able to understand and participate in.

So feel free to join us or leave, but whining really isn't going to change much
Smashing rocks with my GPU
All these predictions are baseless garbage and are just showing how many amateurs are attracted to this coin.
Because you're clearly so pro you can just mock us and not put forth any actual real input. Roll Eyes

lol... you call actual input people pulling numbers out of their ass and cheerleading?
And talking shit is a great way to promote the coin and increase interest?
Activity: 28
All these predictions are baseless garbage and are just showing how many amateurs are attracted to this coin.
Because you're clearly so pro you can just mock us and not put forth any actual real input. Roll Eyes

lol... you call actual input people pulling numbers out of their ass and cheerleading?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
700 million is a big premine considering only 2 million was offered to me for doing an android client that usually takes a week of work.

So you're angry because you weren't offered the compensation you feel the job is worth?
Simple, don't accept the job.

I'm not saying that what was offered is adequate or not, but venting publicly over that is just childish.

Not venting ofcourse I didnt take it.. You didnt understand.

700 premine, 2 for android.. If 2 for android is 1 week essentially they premined 350 weeks of development or bounties in the devs mind? This is why I justified 700 being too much because of the preminers personality not
because of the numbers themselves in relation to total supply... hopefully that didnt go over your head.
All these predictions are baseless garbage and are just showing how many amateurs are attracted to this coin. I have a substantial stake in it, but I'm managing my expectations until I see a lot of changes.

Also, I sent over some test deposits to Mintpal and they haven't showed up yet. So the above poster that was having trouble with withdrawals, the issue seems to be no just you.  
If you look at the charts, all the coins in the same ranking range as Mint are also WAY down in a similar downward arc.
Activity: 434
im behind mint 100% and fuck satoshis i plan to see it hit 1+ USD

That's the spirit!! That would be schweet!!!  Cool

We will probably hit $0.01 USD by August 2014.
Activity: 167
Just put in a bid at 8 satoshi. My theory is that the big buy wall at 10 sat will chicken out when the price moves lower from here and move to 8-9 satoshi but I'll be ahead in the queue to buy hands over fist. It's called whale loving.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
im behind mint 100% and fuck satoshis i plan to see it hit 1+ USD

That's the spirit!! That would be schweet!!!  Cool
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future

do not worry I still support you. This is just testing my faith on this coin and please dont put me down. I still havent abandoned on my expectation that this coin will become atleast the minimum 150 satoshis.

150 satoshis?

What's stopping it from reaching 300 or even 800 satoshis? I think Mintcoin has a lot of upside that is still on its way.

"minimum 150 satoshis" glad we're on same boat friend Smiley

In my dream, I saw 3,000+ satoshis, there is still a lot of rapid increase happening in the next few weeks.

Even without POS, this coin has incredible speed in transactions. While bitcoins take 30-50mins this coin take 5-10mins. Which is why this coin is more practical in terms of transactions.
Activity: 210
There was a premine, and perhaps the developer/founder pocketed the money or sold them at the recent peak, I don't really care. The dev worked hard to create the coin and is working hard to move the coin forward. The dev has to pay bills and has to eat and probably deserves a small reward for coming up with Mintcoin. I don't think it's so bad. At least it's not Mintcoin taken out of our wallets.

Let's say the dev pocketed the money, but sold off a large piece of it on the exchanges. This means more of it has been distributed and it has reached the hands of more people instead of being concentrated in the hands of the few. It also means slightly lowered prices at the exchanges. This is good for Mintcoin. I know you all want a totally selfless dev who doesn't get any reward, but things have to be interesting for the Dev if he is to continue working on it. I would probably not work as hard or as passionately on a project if I didn't get any reward for putting in all that time and energy, having sacrificed it from spending time on a day job or with family.

I didn't have a problem with the pre-mine either, but I feel any dev has a responsibility to those buying the coin to keep this board updated with the latest developments, and not just sit on the sidelines letting trolls trash the value of the coin without saying anything.
Christ man... with have soothsayers now.
Activity: 434

do not worry I still support you. This is just testing my faith on this coin and please dont put me down. I still havent abandoned on my expectation that this coin will become atleast the minimum 150 satoshis.

150 satoshis?

What's stopping it from reaching 300 or even 800 satoshis? I think Mintcoin has a lot of upside that is still on its way.

"minimum 150 satoshis" glad we're on same boat friend Smiley

In my dream, I saw 3,000+ satoshis, there is still a lot of rapid increase happening in the next few weeks.
Jump to: