Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 699. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I came out of lurk-mode and made an account to say that, damn you trolls crack me up. It's funny to think that either your lives are so empty that you have fun doing something so pointless as trolling a coin, or that your strategy is so misled and stupid that you waste your time doing something so pointless as trolling a coin. The cherry on top is that it's YOUR time that you're wasting, not ours. Think about that one for a bit.

Shaking out weak hands, obviously, lol
Activity: 4
I don't know why some of you are insulting others, when they ask questions, which should be answered.

Here's the link, where the developer asks about 5 million coins for the MINT/USD exchange https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5449463

The 700 million premine wallet shows already 0 coins http://mintcoin-explorer.info/address/MpkWtkFfAUgSumHeTRP1XAW2bGMJQYQ6Ud
The dev might have moved it to different wallets or sold them off, so nobody can track he coins whereabouts.

If you consider PoS a 1% premine is effectively more than 3%. And if you think about the PoW phase, in which only around 20 billion coins are mined, it's even more!

I think the dev used the premine to pump the coin, make some profit and establish his new Mintpal exchange.

Here's my analysis on this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/analysis-mintcoin-the-rise-and-fall-497029

Furthermore the dev started trolling:
Time to panic sell. Devs have bailed on us...

Yeah sell everything!

I also sent a pm to mintcointeam regarding the premine, his reaction was very weird.

https://i.imgur.com/PXSDsUT.png
https://i.imgur.com/rxLZoGi.png

This is not looking good.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Bitcoin development is headed by Gavin Andresen, Litecoin by Charles Lee, Dogecoin by Jackson Palmer.  Say what you want about these coins, at least their developers are willing to associate their real names with the projects.
The developer\inventor of bitcoin goes by the name Satoshi and is anonymous.

Satoshi hasn't been involved with Bitcoin since 2010.  Development is currently headed by Gavin Andresen.  If the shit hits the fan with Bitcoin, as it did with the recent "transaction malleability" problems, people don't look to Satoshi for accountability, they look to Gavin.

Whatever you say, so I guess we should all sell our bitcoin because the developer bailed. Also, what development? Bitcoin is a mature coin, having been mined for 3 years.

Maybe you haven't been involved with btc core development team. There are a number of ongoing projects

https://bitcoin.org/en/development
Touche.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
I am still holding on, remember every Crypto currency goes through this phrase and then comes back bouncing. bitcoin reached $32 before crashing back down to $2. As far as I can see most of the 'shitcoins' like aurora coin are bouncing up so if some of you dumbfks wanna go to those coins noones stopping you. But remember that everything has its ups and downs and it is unjust to accuse the devs for nothing. You have to factor in the whales who also want to get in making smart moves that cause them to double or triple their money. Phillip VDwindle I saw your message with the devs but we beleive in Karma could also mean that "what comes up goes down" and vice versa. Remember that the devs are doing a lot of development and we must not lose faith in them (Im counting my lifesaving on you guys). unlike wolong they have a plan. The premine justifies their point because even they have to live its not like they live in a hut. They have a family like all of you. When this coin increased 20fold where were you FUDs? Corrections always happen remember Citibank almost died in the 1970s but it is a very top class bank right now.

Citi almost died again in 2009 and required billions in bailout ... but yeah its back now thanks to taxpayer paid bailouts
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist

Bitcoin development is headed by Gavin Andresen, Litecoin by Charles Lee, Dogecoin by Jackson Palmer.  Say what you want about these coins, at least their developers are willing to associate their real names with the projects.

Satoshi hasn't been involved with Bitcoin since 2010.  Development is currently headed by Gavin Andresen.  If the shit hits the fan with Bitcoin, as it did with the recent "transaction malleability" problems, people don't look to Satoshi for accountability, they look to Gavin.

Whatever you say, so I guess we should all sell our bitcoin because the developer bailed. Also, what development? Bitcoin is a mature coin, having been mined for 3 years.

Maybe you haven't been involved with btc core development team. There are a number of ongoing projects

https://bitcoin.org/en/development
Activity: 28
From the MINTCOIN forum regarding the site being down.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,50.0.html

Re: Mintcoin.cc , new fresh official website !
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:31:22 AM »

website seems to be down?
    getting a "Error establishing a database connection"

We are aware of it and working on it.
Task manager - Mintcoin Team
Mint me: Mf6cBvA6jR6vUjH3W86vsNuohXXqpLeobc

Any luck finding the link from the developer asking for 5 million Mint?HuhHuh??

Please show me link leading to where the developer asked for 5 million Mintcoin.

This is the wishlist on the mintcoin talk

I will mostly add other people's request.

Nicer logo (on the way)
Nicer slogan (done)
Nicer typo for the title
Nicer wallet
Automint (useless in two weeks?)
More agreements with charities? (Mintcoin foundation)
A fiat exchange, (dev will raise it higher on priority if the community shows interest by giving 5 millions MINT)
Simple button to unlock wallet for minting (link)
Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending) (link 1,  link 2))
Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins (link)
Fix the lag problem (link)
Simpler setup for wallet (link).
Android wallet (link) - there is a bounty for it.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,263.0.html
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future
I am still holding on, remember every Crypto currency goes through this phrase and then comes back bouncing. bitcoin reached $32 before crashing back down to $2. As far as I can see most of the 'shitcoins' like aurora coin are bouncing up so if some of you dumbfks wanna go to those coins noones stopping you. But remember that everything has its ups and downs and it is unjust to accuse the devs for nothing. You have to factor in the whales who also want to get in making smart moves that cause them to double or triple their money. Phillip VDwindle I saw your message with the devs but we beleive in Karma could also mean that "what comes up goes down" and vice versa. Remember that the devs are doing a lot of development and we must not lose faith in them (Im counting my lifesaving on you guys). unlike wolong they have a plan. The premine justifies their point because even they have to live its not like they live in a hut. They have a family like all of you. When this coin increased 20fold where were you FUDs? Corrections always happen remember Citibank almost died in the 1970s but it is a very top class bank right now.
Activity: 434
Please show me link leading to where the developer asked for 5 million Mintcoin.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5448984

Response:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5449312

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Satoshi was the bitcoin developer but hasn't been involved with Bitcoin since 2010.  Development is currently headed by Gavin Andresen.  If the shit hits the fan with Bitcoin, as it did with the recent "transaction malleability" problems, people don't look to an anonymous "Satoshi" for accountability, they look to Gavin.

Activity: 17
I came out of lurk-mode and made an account to say that, damn you trolls crack me up. It's funny to think that either your lives are so empty that you have fun doing something so pointless as trolling a coin, or that your strategy is so misled and stupid that you waste your time doing something so pointless as trolling a coin. The cherry on top is that it's YOUR time that you're wasting, not ours. Think about that one for a bit.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Did people learn nothing from the Pandacoin experience?

Don't go long on:
1) Pre-mined coins
2) Coins being supported by developers who aren't using their real names

The temptation to dump and make bank is always going to be too much for the developers to resist (assuming they had any intention to resist in the first place).

FUD... why so damn much FUD... ah well...

If you can find anything factually wrong with what I wrote above, please say so.

Correct me if i'm wrong.  The dev's had 700 million coins premine for development/promotions.  They have not accounted for any of this publicly (fine, w/e).  A few posts back they asked for 5 million from the community to get some Mintcoin/USD exchange going.  Basically this says there is no development coin left.  The way I see it, if there is no coin left for development/promotion then they must have been the ones that dumped and killed their own coin for profit.  Try not to flame.  If you see this differently then please logically explain your arguments.

For anyone who can read between the lines..... The point that the Dev asked for 5 million MintCoins and ONLY THEN will he Create a USD/MINT exchange should let everyone exactly what is going on here. A Dev asking for millions more mint on top of his personal 700 million fortune to do basic support projects for a coin that is not even a month old?  

When you have premine of 1% why do you need to ask for 5 million more in order to do something positive for your own Alt Coin? Is the 700 million that should be set aside for long-term value creation not enough for this Developer? 5 million more Magical MintCoins will satisfy his greedy cravings? Then the next project 5 million more and so on? There is a ransom that must be paid if you want this Dev to work hard at the success of this coin?

Please tell me that the Cult of Mint is not that naive.

I like how the original poster asking this question is attacked ad hominem as being a 'troll' while no supporters of MintCoin care to offer any logical explanation to counter his argument. So let's try this again, someone who is a strong supporter of MINT should accept this challenge and offer a solution or explanation as to why someone with 700 million PreMined MintCoin would need 'Just 5 million more' to do what it is already his responsibility to do. Does he not even have 5 million left of the pre-mine to offer a programmer to create this Mint/USD exchange?

What is truly scary, is that the 'blind faith' followers of this coin are not using logic or reason to support their coin. They just say 'Ignore' 'Go Away Troll' 'All you post is negativity' etc. Why not attack the substance of the man's argument and not his ego/personality? Are there no die-hard MINT supporters who are capable of defending these attacks on their coin with reason and truths?

Sadly, the only poignant conclusions are coming from those who fear that MintCoin may have been subjected to a pump-n-dump, and left the bag-holding sheep who bought this at 30-60 satoshi to sit and watch daily as their MintCoins are becoming more and more worthless.

WHY DOES THE DEV NEED 5 MILLION ADDITIONAL COINS TO CREATE A MINT/USD EXCHANGE THAT HE SHOULD BE PAYING FOR OUT OF THE PRE-MINE?

Everyone take a moment and think about the kind of people who would be attracted to a 'non-regulated' brand new form of currency which the pool of investors are mostly composed of computer nerds, tech savvy miners, and 14 year old kids using daddys money? These people have absolutely NO IDEA what it means to be an investor or trader, or have any knowledge at all of how free-markets function and how they can be manipulated to the advantage of the DEVS as well as those who are RICH IN BTC or deception.

Sadly, I fear many of you are but sheep being led to slaughter by a Wolf in Sheep's clothing.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Well I for one don't have any hard earned cash in this... so I think I'll just stay out of the forums for a while, and recover from the crap that is spewed so abundantly.
Activity: 28

Correct me if i'm wrong.  The dev's had 700 million coins premine for development/promotions.  They have not accounted for any of this publicly (fine, w/e).  A few posts back they asked for 5 million from the community to get some Mintcoin/USD exchange going.  Basically this says there is no development coin left.  The way I see it, if there is no coin left for development/promotion then they must have been the ones that dumped and killed their own coin for profit.  Try not to flame.  If you see this differently then please logically explain your arguments.

For anyone who can read between the lines..... The point that the Dev asked for 5 million MintCoins and ONLY THEN will he Create a USD/MINT exchange should let everyone exactly what is going on here. A Dev asking for millions more mint on top of his personal 700 million fortune to do basic support projects for a coin that is not even a month old?  

When you have premine of 1% why do you need to ask for 5 million more in order to do something positive for your own Alt Coin? Is the 700 million that should be set aside for long-term value creation not enough for this Developer? 5 million more Magical MintCoins will satisfy his greedy cravings? Then the next project 5 million more and so on? There is a ransom that must be paid if you want this Dev to work hard at the success of this coin?

I like how the original poster asking this question is attacked ad hominem as being a 'troll' while no supporters of MintCoin care to offer any logical explanation to counter his argument. So let's try this again, someone who is a strong supporter of MINT should accept this challenge and offer a solution or explanation as to why someone with 700 million PreMined MintCoin would need 'Just 5 million more' to do what it is already his responsibility to do. Does he not even have 5 million left of the pre-mine to offer a programmer to create this Mint/USD exchange?

What is truly scary, is that the 'blind faith' followers of this coin are not using logic or reason to support their coin. They just say 'Ignore' 'Go Away Troll' 'All you post is negativity' etc. Why not attack the substance of the man's argument and not his ego/personality? Are there no die-hard MINT supporters who are capable of defending these attacks on their coin with reason and truths?

Sadly, the only poignant conclusions are coming from those who fear that MintCoin may have been subjected to a pump-n-dump, and left the bag-holding sheep who bought this at 30-60 satoshi to sit and watch daily as their MintCoins are becoming more and more worthless.

WHY DOES THE DEV NEED 5 MILLION ADDITIONAL COINS TO CREATE A MINT/USD EXCHANGE THAT HE SHOULD BE PAYING FOR OUT OF THE PRE-MINE?

Everyone take a moment and think about the kind of people who would be attracted to a 'non-regulated' brand new form of currency which the pool of investors are mostly composed of computer nerds, tech savvy miners, and 14 year old kids using daddys money? These people have absolutely NO IDEA what it means to be an investor or trader, or have any knowledge at all of how free-markets function and how they can be manipulated to the advantage of the DEVS as well as those who are RICH IN BTC or deception.

Sadly, I fear many of you are but sheep being led to slaughter by a Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

From what I recall, they stated the 5 million would be used to gauge how popular the idea is. If the amount can't be reached, they figure there is no interest in such an exchange and they won't waste resources developing it. Perhaps a simple poll would of sufficed.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Don't go long on:
1) Pre-mined coins

The temptation to dump and make bank is always going to be too much for the developers to resist (assuming they had any intention to resist in the first place).

If you can find anything factually wrong with what I wrote above, please say so.

Activity: 172

Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

Don't go long on:
1) Pre-mined coins

Jump to: