Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 698. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
im behind mint 100% and fuck satoshis i plan to see it hit 1+ USD
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future

do not worry I still support you. This is just testing my faith on this coin and please dont put me down. I still havent abandoned on my expectation that this coin will become atleast the minimum 150 satoshis.

150 satoshis?

What's stopping it from reaching 300 or even 800 satoshis? I think Mintcoin has a lot of upside that is still on its way.

"minimum 150 satoshis" glad we're on same boat friend Smiley
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
Mintpal transfer?

I've been waiting about an hour for a transfer from Mintpal to my wallet. Never had a problem before. Anyone else?

Unless you used the wrong address it should be there soon. Smiley

Used the same address as the previous 2 transfers. Double checked everything. Record of transaction being done and sent. But no arrival to my account : (
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
remember Citibank almost died in the 1970s but it is a very top class bank right now.

You're comparing a multi-billion dollar multi-national bank to a one month old alt-coin?
Activity: 434

do not worry I still support you. This is just testing my faith on this coin and please dont put me down. I still havent abandoned on my expectation that this coin will become atleast the minimum 150 satoshis.

150 satoshis?

What's stopping it from reaching 300 or even 800 satoshis? I think Mintcoin has a lot of upside that is still on its way.
Activity: 434
There was a premine, and perhaps the developer/founder pocketed the money or sold them at the recent peak, I don't really care. The dev worked hard to create the coin and is working hard to move the coin forward. The dev has to pay bills and has to eat and probably deserves a small reward for coming up with Mintcoin. I don't think it's so bad. At least it's not Mintcoin taken out of our wallets.

Let's say the dev pocketed the money, but sold off a large piece of it on the exchanges. This means more of it has been distributed and it has reached the hands of more people instead of being concentrated in the hands of the few. It also means slightly lowered prices at the exchanges. This is good for Mintcoin. I know you all want a totally selfless dev who doesn't get any reward, but things have to be interesting for the Dev if he is to continue working on it. I would probably not work as hard or as passionately on a project if I didn't get any reward for putting in all that time and energy, having sacrificed it from spending time on a day job or with family.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Whatever you say, so I guess we should all sell our bitcoin because the developer bailed. Also, what development? Bitcoin is a mature coin, having been mined for 3 years.

"Bailing" is when the developer disappears without prior notice, thereby leaving everyone hanging. In Bitcoin's case, Satoshi handed over control to Gavin Andresen before leaving (including the relevant passwords to ensure continued development on GitHub).

As for "what development", development is not about shiny new wallets with cool logos.  The Bitcoin code has been continuously refined since it's inception.  Are you even aware that they just made a change that allows transaction fees to be reduced by 90%?  That's the kind of dedication that's required for a coin to survive.

Ya ya. Touche my friend. TOUCHE
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Whatever you say, so I guess we should all sell our bitcoin because the developer bailed. Also, what development? Bitcoin is a mature coin, having been mined for 3 years.

"Bailing" is when the developer disappears without prior notice, thereby leaving everyone hanging. In Bitcoin's case, Satoshi handed over control to Gavin Andresen before leaving (including the relevant passwords to ensure continued development on GitHub).

As for "what development", development is not about shiny new wallets with cool logos.  The Bitcoin code has been continuously refined since it's inception.  Are you even aware that they just made a change that allows transaction fees to be reduced by 90%?  That's the kind of dedication that's required for a coin to survive.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

Well it is just there to clear things up. I believe the core dev team isn't asking for 5M more, they got 1% already. Maybe it's David asking for community funds. Besides, a mintcoin/USD exchange won't happen soon. A CNY exchange is up at bter though.

I do agree though a simple poll would be enough.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Mintpal transfer?

I've been waiting about an hour for a transfer from Mintpal to my wallet. Never had a problem before. Anyone else?

Did you remember to confirm through the email?
Activity: 126
This forum is so much fun to read! Love the misinformation being spread around, pretty hilarious. The fun thing about Mintcoin is that it won't 'die' unless everyone shuts their wallets down. Sure people might not use it as much as we'd all like in the first 3+ weeks, but we're talking weeks here.

Clearly the more seasoned coiners are holding on to their Mintcoins and waiting to see what happens over the long run. All this short term stuff is good for shitz and gigglez - but that's about it.
Activity: 453
Mintpal transfer?

Activity: 518
The blockchain is the future
From the MINTCOIN forum regarding the site being down.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,50.0.html

Re: Mintcoin.cc , new fresh official website !
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:31:22 AM »

website seems to be down?
    getting a "Error establishing a database connection"

We are aware of it and working on it.
Task manager - Mintcoin Team
Mint me: Mf6cBvA6jR6vUjH3W86vsNuohXXqpLeobc

Any luck finding the link from the developer asking for 5 million Mint?HuhHuh??

Please show me link leading to where the developer asked for 5 million Mintcoin.

This is the wishlist on the mintcoin talk

I will mostly add other people's request.

Nicer logo (on the way)
Nicer slogan (done)
Nicer typo for the title
Nicer wallet
Automint (useless in two weeks?)
More agreements with charities? (Mintcoin foundation)
A fiat exchange, (dev will raise it higher on priority if the community shows interest by giving 5 millions MINT)
Simple button to unlock wallet for minting (link)
Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending) (link 1,  link 2))
Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins (link)
Fix the lag problem (link)
Simpler setup for wallet (link).
Android wallet (link) - there is a bounty for it.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,263.0.html

David is not part of the core development team (the OP here). He is part of the community founded dev team, which includes Shibeon (reddit mod), alty (website mod), FX (marketing), all the mintcointalk staff, and more. We don't have access to the premine, but we receive support from the core dev team, including all the giveaways held, bounties paid, and more everytime we ask.

Activity: 840
Merit: 516
The fun part of all of this is that although mintcoin has dropped in value, it's gone from 22nd to 20th market cap on coinmarketcap. Honestly, it's trade volume looks pretty good.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
From the MINTCOIN forum regarding the site being down.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,50.0.html

Re: Mintcoin.cc , new fresh official website !
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:31:22 AM »

website seems to be down?
    getting a "Error establishing a database connection"

We are aware of it and working on it.
Task manager - Mintcoin Team
Mint me: Mf6cBvA6jR6vUjH3W86vsNuohXXqpLeobc

Please show me link leading to where the developer asked for 5 million Mintcoin.

This is the wishlist on the mintcoin talk

I will mostly add other people's request.

Nicer logo (on the way)
Nicer slogan (done)
Nicer typo for the title
Nicer wallet
Automint (useless in two weeks?)
More agreements with charities? (Mintcoin foundation)
A fiat exchange, (dev will raise it higher on priority if the community shows interest by giving 5 millions MINT)
Simple button to unlock wallet for minting (link)
Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending) (link 1,  link 2))
Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins (link)
Fix the lag problem (link)
Simpler setup for wallet (link).
Android wallet (link) - there is a bounty for it.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,263.0.html

David is not part of the core development team (the OP here). He is part of the community founded dev team, which includes Shibeon (reddit mod), alty (website mod), FX (marketing), all the mintcointalk staff, and more. We don't have access to the premine, but we receive support from the core dev team, including all the giveaways held, bounties paid, and more everytime we ask.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Time to panic sell. Devs have bailed on us...

Correct me if i'm wrong.  The dev's had 700 million coins premine for development/promotions.  They have not accounted for any of this publicly (fine, w/e).  A few posts back they asked for 5 million from the community to get some Mintcoin/USD exchange going.  Basically this says there is no development coin left.  The way I see it, if there is no coin left for development/promotion then they must have been the ones that dumped and killed their own coin for profit.  Try not to flame.  If you see this differently then please logically explain your arguments.

I have sold 3/4 of my coin to pay for the power/time from mining all this.  The last 1/4 I will probably hold onto in case the community continues to adopt this coin as we don't have to worry about the already spent pre-mine destroying the value a second time.

I don't mean to sound all negative here.  This is my personal interpretation of what has happened since this coins launch.

Oh, and on another note, this has also scared me away from 'zeitcoin' after seeing the exact same setup and a 'Minting suspended due to locked wallet' message within their wallet.  Maybe i'm just paranoid.

Well... that's my 2 satoshis on the situation.

The wallet suspended message goes back to Peercoin as a POS wallet. That is normal. It is just letting you know you need to unlock the wallet for the minting process to take place. Jeebus people, there is no where near the volume to indicate that a dumping of hundreds of millions of coins has taken place in the last two days. Sell if you all feel the need to, but I strongly recommend you compare the actual development of this coin and the work put into it before comparing it to other coins that ended up as scams. The coin will bounce back after all the weak hands have left the room.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
I think the dev used the premine to pump the coin, make some profit and establish his new Mintpal exchange.
It's easy to ignore your whole post when you state info that is misinformed, and been stated a million times that it's not true. Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5448984

Response:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5449312

Thanks for posting. Well, that is indeed fucked up, developers can defend themselves from here on out. Preferably with some action:

New wallet, new merchants, more details, etc...

I didn't spend much to attain the coin I have, but I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for selling at this point.
Jump to: