Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 732. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future
The people that move these coins around, buying and selling must like to not get free coins. Why would you day trade mint?

I totally agree, which is one thing that makes me a little nervous about the coin.  If everyone holds for POS, myself included, what will happen?  I'm not really interested in mining anymore because of profitability.  So the question is, who will mine, and who will use the coins (and where to use them) so that mining and minting are necessary.  It seems like we need a way to use these to keep the process going, otherwise it dies.  Any ideas anyone has on this would be appreciated.

No, in fact the demand for this coin would go much up like in the case of Bitcoin how right now not many are selling it. The peopl who want mint would have to pay more for mint because noone is selling. economics 101 - supply and demand
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The people that move these coins around, buying and selling must like to not get free coins. Why would you day trade mint?

I totally agree, which is one thing that makes me a little nervous about the coin.  If everyone holds for POS, myself included, what will happen?  I'm not really interested in mining anymore because of profitability.  So the question is, who will mine, and who will use the coins (and where to use them) so that mining and minting are necessary.  It seems like we need a way to use these to keep the process going, otherwise it dies.  Any ideas anyone has on this would be appreciated.
This might be a great coin but if you cant get the wallet to work (sync) what good is it?
Ive tried everything, older versions, the newest version, editing the config file, deleting the config file, to no avail.  It will not sync.

Though I admit Im a "newbie" Ive had other wallets.  Gamecoin wallets, Feathercoin wallets, Litecoin wallets, UTC wallets, Betacoin wallets even a Barbecue wallet without any problems whatsoever.

So, Im just giving my 2 cents worth, if you find people are abandoning this coin its no because they dint have faith in it.  Its because its self-defeating without a wallet that could work.

This is total BS. I have a 1 wallet on mac and 1 on windows running fine. If you're being genuine, I suggest you back up your wallet.dat file or send you coins to an exchange, then do a re-install. You could also start a new user account and do a fresh install there, sounds to me like you deleted something you shouldn't have.

Can you post you conf file?  Also, have you deleted everything in the AppData/Roaming file?  Delete the entire Mint file there, then reinstall.

Save the conf file to Mint in the AppData/ Roaming location.  Then open Mint.  I've had problems like this with other wallets.  One thing that may work is to delete the rpcport from the conf file.  Start Mint wallet, let it sync, then close it.  Thenadd the rpc line  back to the conf  file and reopen the wallet.  I have no idea why, but this has worked for me with other wallets.

I have no coins within the wallet since the wallet was never functional.  I do however have coins Ive been mining at pools.  In any case, the coins earned are useless unless the wallet becomes functional.  I am happy yours is.  Perhaps its a similar case of receiving graphics cards, and one of them doesnt work.  But in this case Ive downloaded multiple wallets and none of them work.

Just incase the embedded image doesnt work (and it probably wont since Im not that technologically savvy), my proof is in the linked image here: img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=653616991_nosyncMINT2_122_438lo.jpg
Best of luck to all, whatever coin you may treasure.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
This might be a great coin but if you cant get the wallet to work (sync) what good is it?
Ive tried everything, older versions, the newest version, editing the config file, deleting the config file, to no avail.  It will not sync.

Though I admit Im a "newbie" Ive had other wallets.  Gamecoin wallets, Feathercoin wallets, Litecoin wallets, UTC wallets, Betacoin wallets even a Barbecue wallet without any problems whatsoever.

So, Im just giving my 2 cents worth, if you find people are abandoning this coin its no because they dint have faith in it.  Its because its self-defeating without a wallet that could work.

This is total BS. I have a 1 wallet on mac and 1 on windows running fine. If you're being genuine, I suggest you back up your wallet.dat file or send you coins to an exchange, then do a re-install. You could also start a new user account and do a fresh install there, sounds to me like you deleted something you shouldn't have.

http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc438/th_653616991_nosyncMINT2_122_438lo.jpg

I have no coins within the wallet since the wallet was never functional.  I do however have coins Ive been mining at pools.  In any case, the coins earned are useless unless the wallet becomes functional.  I am happy yours is.  Perhaps its a similar case of receiving graphics cards, and one of them doesnt work.  But in this case Ive downloaded multiple wallets and none of them work.

Just incase the embedded image doesnt work (and it probably wont since Im not that technologically savvy), my proof is in the linked image here: img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=653616991_nosyncMINT2_122_438lo.jpg
Best of luck to all, whatever coin you may treasure.

Activity: 453
finished, sell its a slow decline here...

^^ Wow. Just. Wow. Everybody out for instant fortune? Anyone know what "investment" means. Anyone here not on Red Bull and chocolate?

The time frame most of you (OMG! Sell!) posters operate in is insane. If you really feel that way at this stage of the coin's development, you really shouldn't be here. You are going to be very, very sad no matter which coin-wagon you jump on. Sure - there will be the "instant success", just like there are lottery winners. Ever won the lottery?

Suggestion: Chill. Sit on the coin for a few weeks. Go mine something else for a while. But don't insta-dump because you weren't elevated to the economic level of Bill Gates over friggin' night.

If you've invested everything you had, ie., rent money, electric bill money, food money... you have a gambling problem. I suggest you get out at your next opportunity, and find a Gamblers Anonymous chapter near you.

Give this thing a chance - or get out of it... the stress will kill you if you keep this up.

Grin

SELL NOW SEE YOU AT 12 SATOSHI. you could of literally doubled your mint being a fanboy and all but you choose to sit on them and baghold like a little baby bagholding its' mother's tit in its mouth.

Why do you hang out in a forum giving your opinions and offering advice where no one asks your opinion or advice? Mintcoin will go up and Mintcoin will go down. All the cryptocurrencies do. Nothing new there. Your message is not unique or original. You can do better.
I just sold everything, it is not worthy to hold it any more! See you in some other movie and on some other coin forum thread!

My god, you are a genius to sell at 24.

He really is an idiot no offense, check out his posts and you will see why (hint,hint: he goes for top coin been coin and shit)

Just a bit of sarcasm my friend.  I mined all of my coins, so I have no reason to sell at any of the prices I've seen.  I'll risk the $10 in electricity.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
With the proliferation of coins and clones, people have gotten so skittish. It's their loss if they're gonna sell while a coin is at its' low...

The focus right now is on Auroracoin. The price is going nuts based on 2 lies.

1. It's the new official currency of Iceland. False

2. It's marketcap is over 200 MIL. False.

Coinmarketcap has 10.59 Mil coins listed as the number in circulation. In reality only about 90k are in circulation. 10.5 Mil are being held to be "Airdropped" over iceland.  Roll Eyes

Amateur hour at Coinmarketcap

I looked into it too.  I mine all my coins.  The dif was way too high right away.  I can't see the price maintaining.  But it might be around for awhile.  Somewhat novel idea, I guess, if it plays out.  BTW, starting tomorrow the new official US currency is Ekrona, but you didn't here it from me.

I like the idea too. It probably won't work, but I like it, I just wish that phony marke tcap would get of coinmarketcap so people will pull their heads out of the sand.
Activity: 1
Hey Guys,

My dream came true.  
Time to reload.

FYI =    We got competition.   ZEIT Copycat of MINT.  Just opened.  Trading at CryptoRush.  ZEIT.
They won't  be MINT.

The Dev's won't match up.  They will have many struggles.  

All the little machine miners are trying to sell out of MINT and put it into ZEIT.  
Dedicated To Mint
Long, Strong, and impressed!

With the proliferation of coins and clones, people have gotten so skittish. It's their loss if they're gonna sell while a coin is at its' low...

Coinmarketcap has 10.59 Mil coins listed as the number in circulation. In reality only about 90k are in circulation. 10.5 Mil are being held to be "Airdropped" over iceland.  Roll Eyes

I looked into it too.  I mine all my coins.  The dif was way too high right away.  I can't see the price maintaining.  But it might be around for awhile.  Somewhat novel idea, I guess, if it plays out.  BTW, starting tomorrow the new official US currency is Ekrona, but you didn't here it from me.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future
I just sold everything, it is not worthy to hold it any more! See you in some other movie and on some other coin forum thread!

My god, you are a genius to sell at 24.

He really is an idiot no offense, check out his posts and you will see why (hint,hint: he goes for top coin been coin and shit)

我们6个群准备4000个比特币买薄荷币,等着吧,就等老板指示了。 Wink在中国薄荷币还没什么玩家,要开始炒了,争取拉到200

100% with you on this.  Even though I have no idea what you said here.  Still, it makes more sense than a lot of other nonsense I read here.  Even if it doesn't make any sense.  Am I making sense here?

Some other movie? wtf..

This guy is smart.  There are so many other coins right now with the same exact potential as Mint.  And they are all guaranteed.  He will be able to buy high and sell low, just like with Mint.  Some people like to do things differently, and doggonnit, I respect that.

Really, this guy actually posted that he sold?  One day, I bet he acciddently shits his pants, then posts it right here.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU

Some other movie? wtf..
Activity: 23
中国人要进场了,今晚准备起飞!
Activity: 294
Yea flush them all, reset that POS long term coin people

Agreed.  Maybe ask for help.  User error should not entitle you spread nonsense.
Jump to: