Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 731. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
People who sold tonight, may be sorry in the morning. It seems our Chinese typing friend may be telling the truth.
Grin今晚有惊喜
Activity: 17
This might be a great coin but if you cant get the wallet to work (sync) what good is it?
Ive tried everything, older versions, the newest version, editing the config file, deleting the config file, to no avail.  It will not sync.

Though I admit Im a "newbie" Ive had other wallets.  Gamecoin wallets, Feathercoin wallets, Litecoin wallets, UTC wallets, Betacoin wallets even a Barbecue wallet without any problems whatsoever.

So, Im just giving my 2 cents worth, if you find people are abandoning this coin its no because they dint have faith in it.  Its because its self-defeating without a wallet that could work.

This is total BS. I have a 1 wallet on mac and 1 on windows running fine. If you're being genuine, I suggest you back up your wallet.dat file or send you coins to an exchange, then do a re-install. You could also start a new user account and do a fresh install there, sounds to me like you deleted something you shouldn't have.

Can you post you conf file?  Also, have you deleted everything in the AppData/Roaming file?  Delete the entire Mint file there, then reinstall.

Save the conf file to Mint in the AppData/ Roaming location.  Then open Mint.  I've had problems like this with other wallets.  One thing that may work is to delete the rpcport from the conf file.  Start Mint wallet, let it sync, then close it.  Thenadd the rpc line  back to the conf  file and reopen the wallet.  I have no idea why, but this has worked for me with other wallets.

http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc438/th_653616991_nosyncMINT2_122_438lo.jpg

I have no coins within the wallet since the wallet was never functional.  I do however have coins Ive been mining at pools.  In any case, the coins earned are useless unless the wallet becomes functional.  I am happy yours is.  Perhaps its a similar case of receiving graphics cards, and one of them doesnt work.  But in this case Ive downloaded multiple wallets and none of them work.

Just incase the embedded image doesnt work (and it probably wont since Im not that technologically savvy), my proof is in the linked image here: img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=653616991_nosyncMINT2_122_438lo.jpg
Best of luck to all, whatever coin you may treasure.

Well, Thanks for the encouragement bjmillican4.

After rebooting my comp, and using the suggested addnodes (listed below) and adding them BOTH to the CONFIG file in the application folder AND copying the same config file to the application/roaming folders I was able to get it to sync.

Seems the kicker here is to add that config file with the newer addnodes into the application/roaming area than within the original downloaded folder the wallet came with.
Course a reboot, or two, on the ole comp can always be a charm.

Thanks again,  bjmillican4, for egging me on Smiley

http://img165.imagevenue.com/loc539/th_656956561_sync_122_539lo.jpg

or

http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=656956561_sync_122_539lo.jpg

ITS SYNCING!!!

ADDNODES.
Remember to report HERE C:\Users\cls2\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin
as well as
HERE  C:\Users\cls2\Desktop\ALLCOINFOLDERS, the place you originally downloaded the wallet client to, these addnodes:

testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=144.76.220.169
addnode=213.114.153.118
addnode=1.80.150.168
addnode=184.72.188.245
addnode=162.243.4.85
addnode=115.28.140.128
addnode=113.135.64.107
addnode=27.33.253.164
addnode=209.190.29.2
addnode=155.210.52.121
addnode=62.178.31.2
addnode=91.228.76.83
addnode=115.29.224.192
addnode=128.199.255.172
addnode=223.199.16.58
addnode=23.253.55.13
addnode=162.243.70.241
addnode=107.170.26.18
addnode=115.28.177.49
addnode=93.78.120.235
addnode=218.77.97.176
addnode=182.112.134.112
addnode=155.210.52.121
addnode=94.194.77.2
addnode=5.255.66.44
addnode=115.28.129.207
maxconnections=100
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourser
rpcpassword=yourpw
rpcport=12789
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

And a good ole reboot never hurt a thing neither.
Thanks for the help guys and gals Smiley

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The people that move these coins around, buying and selling must like to not get free coins. Why would you day trade mint?

I totally agree, which is one thing that makes me a little nervous about the coin.  If everyone holds for POS, myself included, what will happen?  I'm not really interested in mining anymore because of profitability.  So the question is, who will mine, and who will use the coins (and where to use them) so that mining and minting are necessary.  It seems like we need a way to use these to keep the process going, otherwise it dies.  Any ideas anyone has on this would be appreciated.

50 Billion coins will still be mined after the mining period. This will be done through "minting" however. There will be no need for miners.

Developers are actively working to get merchants involved. Please visit Mintcoin.com for more information.

Thanks, this was helpful.  So is there no need to mine after switch to POS?  I know there is a 1 coin/block reward.  Just so I'm clear, mining would no longer be necessary, all confirmations takes place via minting?

It's my understanding that mining need not take place. People can still mine, but will only receive 1 per block. If the coins are distributed well enough, there will be enough people with wallets minting at any given time in order to sustain the network.

Got it.  You get a gold star for being the only person who understood my question, and helping.  The next idiot that says Econ 101 to me without having a fucking clue what economics really is, loses 3 gold stars.

What, no cookie?  Grin Have you checked out Mintcoin.com yet?
People who sold tonight, may be sorry in the morning. It seems our Chinese typing friend may be telling the truth.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The people that move these coins around, buying and selling must like to not get free coins. Why would you day trade mint?

I totally agree, which is one thing that makes me a little nervous about the coin.  If everyone holds for POS, myself included, what will happen?  I'm not really interested in mining anymore because of profitability.  So the question is, who will mine, and who will use the coins (and where to use them) so that mining and minting are necessary.  It seems like we need a way to use these to keep the process going, otherwise it dies.  Any ideas anyone has on this would be appreciated.

50 Billion coins will still be mined after the mining period. This will be done through "minting" however. There will be no need for miners.

Developers are actively working to get merchants involved. Please visit Mintcoin.com for more information.

Thanks, this was helpful.  So is there no need to mine after switch to POS?  I know there is a 1 coin/block reward.  Just so I'm clear, mining would no longer be necessary, all confirmations takes place via minting?

It's my understanding that mining need not take place. People can still mine, but will only receive 1 per block. If the coins are distributed well enough, there will be enough people with wallets minting at any given time in order to sustain the network.

Got it.  You get a gold star for being the only person who understood my question, and helping.  The next idiot that says Econ 101 to me without having a fucking clue what economics really is, loses 3 gold stars.

I totally agree, which is one thing that makes me a little nervous about the coin.  If everyone holds for POS, myself included, what will happen?  I'm not really interested in mining anymore because of profitability.  So the question is, who will mine, and who will use the coins (and where to use them) so that mining and minting are necessary.  It seems like we need a way to use these to keep the process going, otherwise it dies.  Any ideas anyone has on this would be appreciated.

No, in fact the demand for this coin would go much up like in the case of Bitcoin how right now not many are selling it. The peopl who want mint would have to pay more for mint because noone is selling. economics 101 - supply and demand

+1 indeed

So you don't understand my post either.  I guess I'll try and rephrase it

I totally agree, which is one thing that makes me a little nervous about the coin.  If everyone holds for POS, myself included, what will happen?  I'm not really interested in mining anymore because of profitability.  So the question is, who will mine, and who will use the coins (and where to use them) so that mining and minting are necessary.  It seems like we need a way to use these to keep the process going, otherwise it dies.  Any ideas anyone has on this would be appreciated.

No, in fact the demand for this coin would go much up like in the case of Bitcoin how right now not many are selling it. The peopl who want mint would have to pay more for mint because noone is selling. economics 101 - supply and demand

I don't need an econ lesson, I paid for a degree in it.  You make the weakest argument I have ever seen.  I'm not trying to insult, only educate.  You missed the point of my post.  I'm looking for an educated discussion as to the future of Mint.  

Where is the demand part of your equation?  Bitcoin has a lot more exposure and demand.  I trade BTC everyday, and there's a little bit of volume.  Just a little.  Who is going to want mint and why?  And btw there's a shitload of people selling Mint.

There was more to Econ 101 than S & D, if I remember correctly.

Anyone else here with legitimate arguments or ideas?  I'm holding all my Mint.  If it dies, my loss.  But in the meantime I'm looking for ideas to help the coin.

Everyone seems to be missing my point that 50 Billion coins will be mined after PoW stage ends.

Because when the price was higher before the multipools like middle coin and waffle mined it. They just auto dumped it for bitcoin.
Now it's halving more and more it should stay off their radar.

On cryptsy..hmmm

2014-03-01 01:51:05   Buy   0.00000026   7000000.00000000   1.82000000

0.00000026   8341289.45651254   2.16873526
这只是一个开始 Grin 今晚起飞

+1 indeed

I don't need an econ lesson, I paid for a degree in it.  You make the weakest argument I have ever seen.  I'm not trying to insult, only educate.  You missed the point of my post.  I'm looking for an educated discussion as to the future of Mint.  

Where is the demand part of your equation?  Bitcoin has a lot more exposure and demand.  I trade BTC everyday, and there's a little bit of volume.  Just a little.  Who is going to want mint and why?  And btw there's a shitload of people selling Mint.

There was more to Econ 101 than S & D, if I remember correctly.

Anyone else here with legitimate arguments or ideas?  I'm holding all my Mint.  If it dies, my loss.  But in the meantime I'm looking for ideas to help the coin.
Actually hovering this low has its advantages big time.
Less coins will be mined by the multipools, more coins for us.
More coins to be minted rather than mined=an even better investment.
If we can keep it non profitable until the 2 weeks are up will be great for as it keeps it out of the
huge multipool dumpers. I expected next halving we have some room to move up also.
On cryptsy..hmmm

2014-03-01 01:51:05   Buy   0.00000026   7000000.00000000   1.82000000

0.00000026   8341289.45651254   2.16873526
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future
我在这放消息被老板在其他论坛看到了,我靠
What consequences?

No he said he will be gathering more Chinese and investors.
Zack, did you try installing on a new user account as I suggested. I'm not computer savvy myself, so that is the best I can offer.
Activity: 49
我在这放消息被老板在其他论坛看到了,我靠
What consequences?

我在这放消息被老板在其他论坛看到了,我靠
Jump to: