Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 733. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I just sold everything, it is not worthy to hold it any more! See you in some other movie and on some other coin forum thread!

My god, you are a genius to sell at 24.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before here but I'm too tired to read through all 316 pages. Are there any efforts to use Mint for tipping?  

Another long shot idea:  What if Mintcoin engaged in a partnership with Mint, the financial app?  Imagine if they offered some new crypto advice to merely download a wallet, get coins from giveaways (or friends or wherever), and hold for POS.  Again it's a long shot, but imagine the exposure.  

Personally, I'm helping everyone I know set up a Mint wallet and helping them understand how it works.  Then I send them a few thousand and they are fascinated.  They don't really care about the value, they are impressed by the concept of having a wallet that mints coins automatically.  They are impressed by the idea of being able to send currency to whomever, whenever they want.  I'm guessing 99% of the population has no idea that alt cryptos even exist.  If people want cryptos to have any sort of a future, then you have to show even the most computer illiterate people how this works. They will be impressed, especially if you start their wallet off for them with a few coins.

This isn't just for Mint.  Do this for any coin you support.  Look at how long Bitcoin has been around.  I'm pretty sure 80% of the world population have no idea what it is.  If they do, they don't know how to use it. Most people will never get into this on their own.  If they don't, there won't be a very long future for cryptos.  Really, how long do you think the pump n dump bullshit can last before the whole system implodes, or worse, gets regulated.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
I just sold everything, it is not worthy to hold it any more! See you in some other movie and on some other coin forum thread!
Activity: 210
This might be a great coin but if you cant get the wallet to work (sync) what good is it?
Ive tried everything, older versions, the newest version, editing the config file, deleting the config file, to no avail.  It will not sync.

Though I admit Im a "newbie" Ive had other wallets.  Gamecoin wallets, Feathercoin wallets, Litecoin wallets, UTC wallets, Betacoin wallets even a Barbecue wallet without any problems whatsoever.

So, Im just giving my 2 cents worth, if you find people are abandoning this coin its no because they dint have faith in it.  Its because its self-defeating without a wallet that could work.

This is total BS. I have a 1 wallet on mac and 1 on windows running fine. If you're being genuine, I suggest you back up your wallet.dat file or send you coins to an exchange, then do a re-install. You could also start a new user account and do a fresh install there, sounds to me like you deleted something you shouldn't have.
Activity: 140
stake: 67186.001621 MINT

I'm happy
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
This might be a great coin but if you cant get the wallet to work (sync) what good is it?
Ive tried everything, older versions, the newest version, editing the config file, deleting the config file, to no avail.  It will not sync.

Though I admit Im a "newbie" Ive had other wallets.  Gamecoin wallets, Feathercoin wallets, Litecoin wallets, UTC wallets, Betacoin wallets even a Barbecue wallet without any problems whatsoever.

So, Im just giving my 2 cents worth, if you find people are abandoning this coin its no because they dint have faith in it.  Its because its self-defeating without a wallet that could work.
Still bagholding?

Remember people in this thread told you to hold at 40 satoshi...you could have doubled your investment.

Now we're going to 15 satoshi. See you there!

To avoid any further confusion, here is a list of all the future Mint fluctuations.  This is an open source list.  Please feel free to apply it for all other coins as well.

15-55
12-22
16-88
4-3000
5-30
6-90
3-176

The voices have spoken.  I am merely a conduit.

Voices eh? I want the pills your on!

You dare make light of the Voices?  The wrath you shall suffer from such blasphemy will be untold.  Again, I am merely a conduit.  The gods have adopted Mintcoin as the currency of the heavens.  The angels and demons have embarked upon on a battle of epic proportions to control the heavenly wallet.  Only time will tell.  This is the reason for the price fluctuations.

Should I PM you the pills?
Activity: 238
This will go the same as moon im out for now i was going to wait for pos but jesus im down from 13BTC to 5BTC in under a week not great.

just wait for the bigger sell orders come in like moon driving the price much lower

My prediction

1 week below 8
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
Still bagholding?

Remember people in this thread told you to hold at 40 satoshi...you could have doubled your investment.

To avoid any further confusion, here is a list of all the future Mint fluctuations.  This is an open source list.  Please feel free to apply it for all other coins as well.

15-55
12-22
16-88
4-3000
5-30
6-90
3-176

Well, if someone on the internet says it, it must be true! I'm sold. Can't wait to buy at 4 again.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Still bagholding?

15-55
12-22
16-88
4-3000
5-30
6-90
3-176

Voices eh? I want the pills your on!
Still bagholding?

15-55
12-22
16-88
4-3000
5-30
6-90
3-176

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Also i am still looking for help on creating the "How to get mints for dummies " guide, after all English is not my language and i could use a native speakers help !
I'll arrange the translator to come in. Leave some hours sleeping and it should be fine.

To all: mintcoin is more than a pump and dump. Tomorrow pump, later on dump but as kopam said, mintcoin already survived several pumps. Remember: mintcoin is a long-term coin. And it depends on you folks contacting merchants.
Activity: 196
I am starting to have my doubts about a rise again, I could be wrong as as always. I would like to hear from others, will this rise again? There was a halving Thursday-Friday right? I expected it to rise there but didnt.
People freaked out and panic sold when the halving didn't cause a change in price.  Roll Eyes

Yeah I can see that Smiley, I mean from the stable 40 it is down at 20 ish. I had a buy order at 20 but removed it to maybe buy lower. Will it go lower and in that case will it rise again? whats your thoughts?

Hope the DEV can show us some exciting news, lol

What would that be?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I am starting to have my doubts about a rise again, I could be wrong as as always. I would like to hear from others, will this rise again? There was a halving Thursday-Friday right? I expected it to rise there but didnt.
People freaked out and panic sold when the halving didn't cause a change in price.  Roll Eyes

Yeah I can see that Smiley, I mean from the stable 40 it is down at 20 ish. I had a buy order at 20 but removed it to maybe buy lower. Will it go lower and in that case will it rise again? whats your thoughts?

Hope the DEV can show us some exciting news, lol
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
So, I've started a Free MintCoin giveaway account on twitter - https://twitter.com/FreeMintCoin

MintCoinTalk Forum info. thread: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,59.0.html

MintCoin is perhaps the first crypto to enable such long-term social media style giveaways.
Could you share with us the reason you believe so (honest question)? How it that different from Peercoin?

Doesn't sound like PeePeeCoin for one thing and fast PoW that hasn't been screwed by ASICs yet like PPC, so much broader distribution, especially if you mined in the first few weeks when block rewards were high and network hash still less than 1-2 Gh and the big gpu farms hadn't noticed
Monero Core Team
I liked your article! Don't hesitate to post more. The more traffic, the more people (including Google) will be interested and your mintcoins will be worth money.
Monero Core Team
So, I've started a Free MintCoin giveaway account on twitter - https://twitter.com/FreeMintCoin

MintCoinTalk Forum info. thread: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,59.0.html

MintCoin is perhaps the first crypto to enable such long-term social media style giveaways.
Could you share with us the reason you believe so (honest question)? How it that different from Peercoin?

That is actually a good thing as it flushed out the weak hands and put more into the hands of the faithful. Are you one of the faithful?
Activity: 196

Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Jump to: