Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 735. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
good coin, holding all of them, not selling for less than 50 sat
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Come on people, stop whining ... The coin is only 1 month old and is doing great so far. It has a great community, it has something new in it ( not a total clone ), the people behind it are working very hard on it and it survived already a few pump and dumps.

If you actually belive in the coin, try to help in any way you can. We all know that what makes a coin is the community !!! No merchant will decide to implement a coin just cuz its so fucking cool, they wanna see HOW MANY people would potentially use theyr services...

So if you are here not only for the trolling and whining, try to help. Dev's are working hard but they cant handle everything, do what you can and i am sure they will reward you acordingly ( everyone that did something untill now has recievent a nice reward for the work ).

And to remind you on what i am trying to do for the coin and where you could actually help :

The Blog about Mintcoin Giveaway is running ! We have more then 100 000 coins already given away. There is A LOT more ! With me, Alty and the mintcointeam in this, we have more then 3 000 000 MINT for this giveaway ( if any one else wants to jump in you are more then welcome ).

Spread the word, tell your friends that they can get some fresh free mints !

Also i am still looking for help on creating the "How to get mints for dummies " guide, after all English is not my language and i could use a native speakers help !

For all the info on the giveaway you can visit the mintcointolk forum : http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=242.new#new
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
To do POS is it necessary to have the wallet online at all times?

Suppose you have 500000 mintcoin in your wallet, does the POS just happen automatically, or is there some setting necessary on the wallet?

Can the wallet be ecrypted?

I am really confused about the whole thing!

It is slightly confusing because it is such a new coin.

Here is the deal, you just need to unlock your wallet from time to time.  You can encrypt it.  As long as you don't move the coins, ie: send them for 20 days, they become eligible to accrue interest.

So, for example.  I have two wallets.  One is for savings, and one is for spending.  This way I can put all the coins I want to save in a wallet on a very secure computer and not unlock the wallet, except for 10 minutes every few days to accrue the minted coins.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
I've already started getting some of my POS, I'm going to wait a few hours then run it tonight to see how much I can make from my first day of mining 20 days ago Cheesy
Activity: 294
I still like this coin long term, day traders are the ones that really lose out. Hold and profit.
Activity: 213
I hope mint does not go the way moon went

People has been saying mint is going to the moon, wouldn't it have to go the way moon went for that to happen? Tongue
Activity: 238
I hope mint does not go the way moon went
Activity: 210
Whales are buying cheap for the weekend pump. Get your popcorn.
What are your forecast regarding at which price to sell this week-end? I know that selling would kill the PoS, but there is a balance between losing one PoS and buying at cheaper price.

So, anyone (particularly the one the most experienced with this behaviour), what price?

never sell on the weekend

I try not to daytrade Wink I'm not an expert by any means, I was just commenting on an uptick in volume and manipulation I saw at the time.

I usually try to keep an eye out for volume when deciding whether or not to buy more.
sbn
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
New Faucet Online!
Free MINT for everyone  Cool

http://coinrush.pl/mint/
Activity: 38

Suppose you have 500000 mintcoin in your wallet, does the POS just happen automatically, or is there some setting necessary on the wallet?

The longer the wallet is online, acting as a node, the more it'll mint. It can be encrypted, but unlocked. No other settings need changing.

Great.  Thanks Stinky_Pete! 
I will see if I can figure out how to unlock it.  Is POS working even now, or does that start only when the mining stops?
Activity: 133
Merit: 11
I see wafflepool is mining and trading MINT now, I wonder if MC, CM or multipool is mining them too.. That would be a real good reason the price is going down if they are selling.

100% nothing to worry about in my opinion Wink

Hashcows has been on Mint a lot as well.

Just think in under 1 week this probably wont be a problem and in under 2 weeks it definitely wont be a problem
Activity: 213
I see wafflepool is mining and trading MINT now, I wonder if MC, CM or multipool is mining them too.. That would be a real good reason the price is going down if they are selling.

Hashcows has been on Mint a lot as well.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

The longer the wallet is online, acting as a node, the more it'll mint. It can be encrypted, but unlocked. No other settings need changing.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

The multipool have been mining MINT for the last 2~3 days. It became the most profitable coin to mine so the multipool stepped in and took profits. Multipool do not care what they sell for since they just want Bit Coins to give to their miners. I have a miner on some multipools and turned off auto sell for MINT and BC and I have collect quite a few that way. But you call all still panic sell to get mint down to my buy levels. Then again it's says Newbie under my name so what do I know.
Activity: 364
Whales are buying cheap for the weekend pump. Get your popcorn.
What are your forecast regarding at which price to sell this week-end? I know that selling would kill the PoS, but there is a balance between losing one PoS and buying at cheaper price.

So, anyone (particularly the one the most experienced with this behaviour), what price?

never sell on the weekend
Activity: 38

Activity: 364
Did everyone get nice and topped off with these great prices?

Don't listen to purveyors of FUD they just want your coins and you will get picked apart if you panic sell your holding.

That's the game. You gotta have discipline when the price is dropping due to FUD.

Activity: 429

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Just 12 days and we will be the first 100% open source POS. We're now at $2.5 million market cap and still telling we're going doing down to 1-2 satoshis, lol? This kind of achievement is easily +$10 million.

Just look the other POW copycats coins in coinmarketcap trading over MintCoin. POS is way better than POW, we just need to work on develop this coin and have a good community.
Price will come alone after that, I don't care about short term swings because I'm long in this coin.

You seriously did not just state Mint is the first open source PoS coin? Hobonickels  was birthed in Aug 2013 and I still going strong. I remember before the birth when people were discussing the coin in cryptsy chat, when Cryptsy had chat. WTF Cryptsy, bring back the chat.  Roll Eyes

Actually Mint is a clone of other coins, like 85% of Scrypt algorithm coins.

Didn't know about Hobonickels, I never heard about it :/

I invite you to read my Hobonickels Journal, link is in my sig.
Jump to: