Author

Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!! - page 1044. (Read 2085654 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100
This is getting ridiculous.  You guys are happy with any communication, when you should only be happy with progress.

For fucks sake, Beecoin had chat 2 weeks before us.  Was it really that hard to implement a second time?  I think it shows us exactly how much time SoopY is willing to invest in this project.  Even the simplest projects take FOREVER.

Why is there no source code to look at for the chat?  Is it even anonymous?  I'm sure you'd all love for us to trust you....but this is real money we invested & these are basic investment questions (how does it work?).  Seems that if you devs are so short on time, you'd want others to look at the code and make suggestions.  

I told my friend about NAV and he said I was an idiot for investing so much.  After reading the NAV whitepaper... he created a coin, anonymous messaging, and anonymous chat... IN ONE WEEKEND!  Now he is going to release it with his new anonymous music album.  My point?  Anonymous is  gimmick, and these guys aren't even doing it well....or at a reasonable rate.

GreedyJohn you keep saying if you have skills make your own coin.....well my buddy created one for fun, and made all of us look like fools.  Turns out it's not as hard as everyone thinks.....if you have a deep understanding of what you're doing.  

Maybe it's time for us to pay more attention to people's actions and stop living in a dreamland.

Why don't you give this coin to your friend, let him sort it out at a handsome profit.

I gotta agree with John.  If your friend is capable of fixing this coin, maybe he can help out? 

Seems like you've invested in this coin, I'm sure you want to see something good from it.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
This is getting ridiculous.  You guys are happy with any communication, when you should only be happy with progress.

For fucks sake, Beecoin had chat 2 weeks before us.  Was it really that hard to implement a second time?  I think it shows us exactly how much time SoopY is willing to invest in this project.  Even the simplest projects take FOREVER.

Why is there no source code to look at for the chat?  Is it even anonymous?  I'm sure you'd all love for us to trust you....but this is real money we invested & these are basic investment questions (how does it work?).  Seems that if you devs are so short on time, you'd want others to look at the code and make suggestions.  

I told my friend about NAV and he said I was an idiot for investing so much.  After reading the NAV whitepaper... he created a coin, anonymous messaging, and anonymous chat... IN ONE WEEKEND!  Now he is going to release it with his new anonymous music album.  My point?  Anonymous is  gimmick, and these guys aren't even doing it well....or at a reasonable rate.

GreedyJohn you keep saying if you have skills make your own coin.....well my buddy created one for fun, and made all of us look like fools.  Turns out it's not as hard as everyone thinks.....if you have a deep understanding of what you're doing.  

Maybe it's time for us to pay more attention to people's actions and stop living in a dreamland.

Why don't you give this coin to your friend, let him sort it out at a handsome profit.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

Which begs the question. Why don't you just sell all you have and go buy your friends coin when released?
If that's what you plan to do, what do you care what happens to nav? If anonymous is gimmick, it won't save nav anyway right?

Too bad all those hot shots that can work miracles over a weekend are never on the coin we have bought.
Activity: 140
buy low, sell high

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

I know it might be impossible to say, but asking cant hurt right Smiley

Ask can't hurt, but a malformed reply can do it, in many ways. Smiley

As said, there are many steps involved, many of them are outside of my control,
and some step will be also outside the control even of the DevTeam.

So, sorry, I don't know how to reply, i don't want lie.

What i can say is this, i too have at least to 20% of my Nav, which are sleeping
useless in Poloniex, and I'm waiting to draw it back to my wallet,  just like all any other.

I think is a good motivation, or not ? Smiley

Bye Bye
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

@remy, any news about the sync fix? are you progressing a bit?

Lately the translator tend to invert of the sense of some of what i write in the phrase,
and i must correct it many times, I'm not sure of the final result, so I am a bit reluctant to
give update, because what i write can be misunderstood, and generate hopes prematurely.

In this case I can not refuse to a gentle request, but take my word with all the reserve of the case.

Regarding the fix are been made some good progress, and I'm enough happy of the work done so far.

There are some other steps yet to do, as i write some day ago, so i can't give any date.

Said this, with respect to the operation of the sync fix patch, I am no longer cautiously optimistic,
as I wrote days ago, but now I'm just optimistic.

Wow fast reply, much appreciated!!

And i do understand that you dont want to give false hope. Being optimistic is already good to hear andim glad you are making progress. If you have to make a guess, can you estimate how far you are, so 50% done, 80 done and so on?

I know it might be impossible to say, but asking cant hurt right Smiley
Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

Lately the translator tend to invert of the sense of some of what i write in the phrase,
and i must correct it many times, I'm not sure of the final result, so I am a bit reluctant to
give update, because what i write can be misunderstood, and generate hopes prematurely.

In this case I can not refuse to a gentle request, but take my word with all the reserve of the case.

Regarding the fix are been made some good progress, and I'm enough happy of the work done so far.

There are some other steps yet to do, as i write some day ago, so i can't give any date.

Said this, with respect to the operation of the sync fix patch, I am no longer cautiously optimistic,
as I wrote days ago, but now I'm just optimistic.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a few days. Since last Friday I've been working 12 - 14 hour days. Both my day job and my main freelance project had deadlines this week and for various reasons I've had to put a lot of overtime into them both.

I've got some time today and all of Sunday free this weekend which I'll spend getting stuck into some of Beta feedback we've collated.

I will report back on Sunday night / Monday morning with my progress.

Hope you're all well and are keeping confident that the dev's are here and doing as much as we can, when we are able, for this coin.

All the best,
Pakage.

thx for the update package, much appreciated!

legendary
The best method to approach this problem is to be friendly, so that the devs can work properly. How would you all feel if you were the dev, being vehemently criticized?

I truly hope you are not suggesting that I am not handling my concerns in a friendly manner!  In fact, I hope you are not saying that about ANY of the recent posts man as that will mean you will take ANYTHING that is said to be negative or of concern to be not "friendly"!!  I see all the recent posts as being respectful voicing of VALID concerns man and if we can't address them here, then we are hiding something!
I do not suggest that, but many complaints coming at once appears scary, especially when the devs are not paid a salary to improve this coin. I am more frustrated than you are.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Well I am a Positive person! I try to do positive things. I no I am cheer-leading the right coin. Why?

1 reason only and this is the only reason. I am here and do what I do.

This thread from page 1 to page 206 has endless knockers about the name of the coin , this that and the other BUT

a single person works 3 nights in a row to fix a issue and ends up in hospital and does not give up. Deserves all my respect and attention!

Go Navajocoin we are going to the stars!
Activity: 140
buy low, sell high
I predict we'll have a project roadmap and timeline tomorrow, or we'll have a crashed market.  Mark this post and see if I'm right! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
U dont get it bro. No one is bitching to soopy, or the other devs. People just are frustrated, about the current price, the lack of communication, and people that are cheerleading (with or without a reason)

Dont take it so personal. No one says its easy. but the fact is, before the double spend crap, soopy posted every day. I for myself, enjoyed reading all his messages. Nowadays, he never post a comment anymore, a status update or something, Just a simple hello, to keep in toutch with the people that believes in him, would do good.

+1  With the addition of quit with the fricken "well then you guys fix it crap"!  We're not developers and never claimed to be, we did however invest into a developer we believed in and I for one still believe in soopy!  Doesn't mean we can't have frustrations or concerns.

You should leave this be man, your replies and once again oversized text is not helping anything either!
Activity: 896
Merit: 504
U dont get it bro. No one is bitching to soopy, or the other devs. People just are frustrated, about the current price, the lack of communication, and people that are cheerleading (with or without a reason)

Dont take it so personal. No one says its easy. but the fact is, before the double spend crap, soopy posted every day. I for myself, enjoyed reading all his messages. Nowadays, he never post a comment anymore, a status update or something, Just a simple hello, to keep in toutch with the people that believes in him, would do good.

Activity: 794
Merit: 510
NavCoin Founder
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a few days. Since last Friday I've been working 12 - 14 hour days. Both my day job and my main freelance project had deadlines this week and for various reasons I've had to put a lot of overtime into them both.

I've got some time today and all of Sunday free this weekend which I'll spend getting stuck into some of Beta feedback we've collated.

I will report back on Sunday night / Monday morning with my progress.

Hope you're all well and are keeping confident that the dev's are here and doing as much as we can, when we are able, for this coin.

All the best,
Pakage.
legendary
We need to activate the devs, either by donations (for those of us who have funds), technical support, or simply by boosting morale - by not always complaining vehemently. This isn't the only coin to have problems.
We need to find out what the real problem is with the devs, why they have been unable to deliver, or we need to determine the factors that are really holding this coin back.
legendary
The best method to approach this problem is to be friendly, so that the devs can work properly. How would you all feel if you were the dev, being vehemently criticized?

I would feel upset, and try to understand the merit of the complaints.  Then, I would be honest and attempt to approach the situation in a constructive way.

Understand my complaint.  I bought in at 1550 SAT.  That is my real money.  And because of the Poloniex wallet bug, I have not been able to SAVE A DIME OF IT during NAV's downfall because my funds are FROZEN on Polo.

I don't care about your double spend attack.  You didn't save me from anything.  I had to sit there and watch my funds drain from a bad investment with no option to get out because the developer did not deliver.  I had to watch it happen slowly, and NAV was my FIRST investment with bitcoin.

It was hurtful.  And all I see is cheer leading and not coming on in timely fashion to meet promised dates.  It is very unprofessional behavior, I am not impressed.

If you want me to be impressed then impress me dammit.  I'm a nice guy, but I'm genuinely pissed for a damn good reason.  Don't brush that under the carpet!  And censoring me is a HORRIBLE way to affect community trust, so either address me or ignore me.  The community will see what you do.
We are all stuck in this problem together, I also lost money too.
What I mean is, instead of bitching about the dev, why don't the complainers fix the coin themselves, if the job was that easy.
Activity: 507
Merit: 500
Even though I am tired of the constant cheerleading, I honestly do believe that Soopy will pull through for us. It sucks that constant communication isn't really his style, but at least he is consistent and has pulled through in the past. Linux wallet repair then anon and the price/volume will bounce back.

I am no coder, but perhaps I could donate to any bounties that could aid in development?
Activity: 188
Sound science
the bright side is, you wont panic sell...

i know, bad joke. I feel sorry for you m8. I understand why u're pissed

HAHA.

Dude, i had the same thought.

"what if they actually pull through, at least I wouldn't have panic sold.  fml."
Activity: 896
Merit: 504

I would feel upset, and try to understand the merit of the complaints.  Then, I would be honest and attempt to approach the situation in a constructive way.

Understand my complaint.  I bought in at 1550 SAT.  That is my real money.  And because of the Poloniex wallet bug, I have not been able to SAVE A DIME OF IT during NAV's downfall because my funds are FROZEN on Polo.

I don't care about your double spend attack.  You didn't save me from anything.  I had to sit there and watch my funds drain from a bad investment with no option to get out because the developer did not deliver.  I had to watch it happen slowly, and NAV was my FIRST investment with bitcoin.

It was hurtful.  And all I see is cheer leading and not coming on in timely fashion to meet promised dates.  It is very unprofessional behavior, I am not impressed.

If you want me to be impressed then impress me dammit.  I'm a nice guy, but I'm genuinely pissed for a damn good reason.  Don't brush that under the carpet!  And censoring me is a HORRIBLE way to affect community trust, so either address me or ignore me.  The community will see what you do.

the bright side is, you wont panic sell...

i know, bad joke. I feel sorry for you m8. I understand why u're pissed
Activity: 188
Sound science

Jump to: