Author

Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!! - page 662. (Read 2085654 times)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Thank you all for the love and support. And @geeky I think you should go ahead with gorian's idea. Tongue anyway you will see an official release date will be given to you on the 20th (Friday). Trust me you will be surprised with it. Wink

where HuhHuh Huh Huh Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Thank you all for the love and support. And @geeky I think you should go ahead with gorian's idea. Tongue anyway you will see an official release date will be given to you on the 20th (Friday). Trust me you will be surprised with it. Wink

legendary

Navajo "Magic" Gateway  & Choctaw "Star" Gate - The Mathematics of Encryption: An Elementary Introduction
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=GbKyAAAAQBAJ&q=
Look page at page 9 1.2 Crptography During The Two World Wars
legendary
You need to separate your argument and concerns between the Navajo Nation & Navajo Code Talkers

They are 2 totally different paths.

The path that NavajoCoin has taken is the path of a Crypto Currency that uses the encryption fundamentals inspired by the Navajo Code Talkers and therefore honours the original 29 military personal who formed an unbreakable code on the battle field in encrypting a oral communication and successfully encoding and decoding a message from on location to another on the battle field without it being deciphered, in its name.

The NavajoCoin name will never change and our new generation will always thank and respect our elders for what they have given us. If NavajoCoin can contribute to financial liberty then its on the correct path just like the contributions made on the battle fields thats kept democracy alive for furture generations .

Looking forward to the Official Annnoucemnt now only hours away  Cheesy

http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/07/14/navajo-coin/ Quote Start As soon as more people have an understanding of the technology utilized through Navajo Double Encryption, the popularity of the protocol will explode. Quote End

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_talker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aAKWUHqrjs - President Bush honors Navajo Code Talkers

Activity: 687
Merit: 500
The Navajo tried to copyright the word Navajo in the mid 70's but the court  did not let them because the word was too common.
The only way to get into legal trouble is via the Indian Arts and Crafts Act which says you cannon claim something is 'Indian made', which Navajocoin is not. no one has or is claiming that this coin was made by the Navajo Nation.

There is no legal problem here.

Thanks Coindeath for giving insight into this matter.

I'm glad to see folks beginning to reply to my comment in some way other than GTFO, which seemed to be the only voice earlier.  I would only add to CoinDeath's comment that while something may be legally fine, ethics may add another layer to this.  Consider that if Navajo nation attempted to copyright their name and were rejected by a US court what that implies about how they might feel about someone using the name without their permission.  Perhaps the court will be on the side of the person using the name, but again I might ask: how can you say you are honoring someone if you are explicitly going against their wishes (ie, using a name they have tried to copyright without their permission).

Please also understand I have no holdings in altcoins, I have no hidden motivation to spread FUD about your project.  I merely am trying to highlight that if you really want to honor Navajos, I believe you should make a serious effort to try to find out what Navajo people opinons are.  I also received a message from lab rat, it was respectful and I hope he can contribute to this topic?

Thanks again to those who have responded with real, constructive comments rather than the embarrassing GTFO that I heard from others in this thread.

Thanks for your concerns...
By now I think you should buy some NavajoCoins, join the foundation and relax!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
The Navajo tried to copyright the word Navajo in the mid 70's but the court  did not let them because the word was too common.
The only way to get into legal trouble is via the Indian Arts and Crafts Act which says you cannon claim something is 'Indian made', which Navajocoin is not. no one has or is claiming that this coin was made by the Navajo Nation.

I'm glad to see folks beginning to reply to my comment in some way other than GTFO, which seemed to be the only voice earlier.  I would only add to CoinDeath's comment that while something may be legally fine, ethics may add another layer to this.  Consider that if Navajo nation attempted to copyright their name and were rejected by a US court what that implies about how they might feel about someone using the name without their permission.  Perhaps the court will be on the side of the person using the name, but again I might ask: how can you say you are honoring someone if you are explicitly going against their wishes (ie, using a name they have tried to copyright without their permission).

Please also understand I have no holdings in altcoins, I have no hidden motivation to spread FUD about your project.  I merely am trying to highlight that if you really want to honor Navajos, I believe you should make a serious effort to try to find out what Navajo people opinons are.  I also received a message from lab rat, it was respectful and I hope he can contribute to this topic?

Thanks again to those who have responded with real, constructive comments rather than the embarrassing GTFO that I heard from others in this thread.
legendary
Also I was contacted by Lab Rat who works on one of the Navajo reservations many many months ago and one of the immediate relatives of the Navajo Code Talkers who was presented with one of the medals at congress by President George W Bush have downloaded and purchased NavajoCoins and actually stake in their wallet - NavajoCoins.

They said they understand the encryption link of the technology and to the Navajo Code Talkers and that its amazing and they totaly get it!  Cheesy
Activity: 851
Do You Even Onion Bro?
Navajo are at 3500 looking good !!!!!Less then 24 hours will have some good news  cant wait....
legendary
read this - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9399410

The NavajoCoin name is perfect have 0 doubts.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
The Navajo tried to copyright the word Navajo in the mid 70's but the court  did not let them because the word was too common.

interesting bit on the legality issues, thanks for clearing up this matter.
is there a website to validate what you have stated?
legendary
The NavajoCoin name is Perfect!

~hashforce101~

If you search properly you will be inspired and you will understand why.

I could write 4 pages but I will ask 1 simple question .

Why is the name perfect? tspacepilot

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
The Navajo tried to copyright the word Navajo in the mid 70's but the court  did not let them because the word was too common.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
You know, if this coin isn't actually affiliated with the Navajo nation I think you guys should really reconsider this name.  I mean, given the history of european colonizers and American first peoples it really can be seen as quite offensive to steal the name of their nation and put it on a technology project which isn't in any way actually affiliated with the Navajo.  That's just my opinion.

[quote

Hi, we share the same sentiments about that, and I've pitched an idea
To hashforce101 to involve the tribe.  I think it's a good idea but of course
The navajocoin foundation would have approve it.  There are only a handful of code talkers
Still alive.    But we'll have to get over
This cryptsy speedbump first.   Things never work out as fast as planned, right?
First things first I guess, let's get this show on the road

This person is using a different method to create FUD.

At first I thought you were being sincere with your concerns/comment.  But after digging through the thread history, I realized that you got an answer 30 minutes after you posted your concern initially a couple days ago.  Maybe you missed it, but I am now with GREEDYJOHN and think you are trying to create FUD, especially given the timing.

If I am wrong, I apologize.  Your concerns have been noted and the Foundation will have to decide on appropriate actions to take once the storm settles.  I think this topic was brought up months and months ago when we switched the name, but not exactly sure what the verdict/conclusion was ( not digging that far back).

Anyways, I assure you, we (the community and devs) in no way want to disrespect the Navajo Nation and urge you to put this aside for now and buy some coins. :-)

Cheers.

Thanks for the positively toned reply.  It so happens that I missed that reply (this thread seems to have a lot of traffic).  I feel that I've said all I can about this and I leave it you and your community to decide where you want to go and what you want to do.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
I can't wait to do a woo woo woo dance around a fire when this blows up.

edit: this was wrong
Activity: 1313
Merit: 302
You know, if this coin isn't actually affiliated with the Navajo nation I think you guys should really reconsider this name.  I mean, given the history of european colonizers and American first peoples it really can be seen as quite offensive to steal the name of their nation and put it on a technology project which isn't in any way actually affiliated with the Navajo.  That's just my opinion.

[quote

Hi, we share the same sentiments about that, and I've pitched an idea
To hashforce101 to involve the tribe.  I think it's a good idea but of course
The navajocoin foundation would have approve it.  There are only a handful of code talkers
Still alive.    But we'll have to get over
This cryptsy speedbump first.   Things never work out as fast as planned, right?
First things first I guess, let's get this show on the road

At first I thought you were being sincere with your concerns/comment.  But after digging through the thread history, I realized that you got an answer 30 minutes after you posted your concern initially a couple days ago.  Maybe you missed it, but I am now with GREEDYJOHN and think you are trying to create FUD, especially given the timing.

If I am wrong, I apologize.  Your concerns have been noted and the Foundation will have to decide on appropriate actions to take once the storm settles.  I think this topic was brought up months and months ago when we switched the name, but not exactly sure what the verdict/conclusion was ( not digging that far back).

Anyways, I assure you, we (the community and devs) in no way want to disrespect the Navajo Nation and urge you to put this aside for now and buy some coins. :-)

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

Imagine I start ENGLISHCOIN  Then I go around doing things in this name.

Country coins are so last year, not to mention it's been done to death.

You never commented on the usage of the Apache name from my previous post.

And congrats on dominating almost a full page of this thread on a sidetracked conversation that really has nothing to do with the coin
legendary
Activity: 1778
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
oh please no America history and political lesson here. Not all American here and it is crypto currency mean it is not control by any country and it is online currency. Please start own thread in off topic section maybe.
Please focus on Navajocoin and it is future development.

People please vote https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocurrency-the-alt-ernative-second-edition-vote-985422

Perhaps a positive and wonderful step in the development of NavajoCoin would be for the dev team to contact the Navajo and see if they want to be your partners: http://www.navajo-nsn.gov/

I am not trolling you guys, I have simply brought up an imporant point, it's too bad the community here seems so set on missing the opportunity to take this in a positive direction.

Are you sure you in the right forum? dude this is bitcoin forum. Why do developer have to contact USA gov? USA does not own the world.

The government of the Navajo nation is not the government of the United States.  Navajo Nation is a soverign nation.  You guys say you wish to honor Navajo code talkers, why would you refuse to contact the Navajo nation and ask them what they think of this?  I don't understand the negativity here.

ok so why don't you go ahead contact them ask them what they think of this if you so interested? With wasting so much time writing here you could have email them already?  It is too much for us to call long distance to them maybe you can call them up easily. Anyway thanks for helping. Bye Bye...adios
legendary
Activity: 1778
oh please no America history and political lesson here. Not all American here and it is crypto currency mean it is not control by any country and it is online currency. Please start own thread in off topic section maybe.
Please focus on Navajocoin and it is future development.

People please vote https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocurrency-the-alt-ernative-second-edition-vote-985422

Perhaps a positive and wonderful step in the development of NavajoCoin would be for the dev team to contact the Navajo and see if they want to be your partners: http://www.navajo-nsn.gov/

I am not trolling you guys, I have simply brought up an imporant point, it's too bad the community here seems so set on missing the opportunity to take this in a positive direction.

Are you sure you in the right forum? dude this is bitcoin forum. Why do developer have to contact USA gov? USA does not own the world.
+1,000,000
We are a coin, we have no business with all this politics. Why is he leading us directly to a Government Authority? This man needs to be AVOIDED at all cost.
Jump to: