Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 102. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
no rollback
rollback = centralised
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
Rollback is 99% suicide, so only do it if alternative is 100% certain death. I don't think that is the case here, so don't do it.

Joining SuperNET saved Vericoin, so what will save Opal ... already in the SN.

Cheap coins from no rollback isn't so bad
Activity: 325
Merit: 255
My opinion (for what it's worth) is that, one seedy individual will have 16.6% (2.5mill/15mill) of the total OPAL coins. If he doesn't sell there will forever be uncertainly about those 2.5 million coins. That % is enough to crash any market, and any smart investor will question what happened to those 2.5 million coins. It would perhaps create a stigma which would forever hangover OPAL until those coins were accounted for.

It's not an easy decision, but I think there are greater consequences for not going through with it.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
That many coins means we are well screwed. I vote rollback.
At least the scum won't get any benefit and people don't have to lose in that way. Too big a risk to let them get away with the attack.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Evening/Morning all...

As one of the initial developers of OPAL,  if we decide on a rollback, I support it 100%. That's what we are about with this coin. Taking adversity and kicking it back.. we have fought back from extinction with a developer who left it stranded. The team took the dying coin, rebranded it and brought it back, we made a community, got it listed on every major exchange, developed new products and services. And we were here 24/7 to help anyone out who asked. We know we will still have our supporters. We will support you also.

Thanks,

CoolCash

Activity: 295
Would a rollback be to deprive a scammer and protect investors or to save the project?

If the case is that the scammer got away with sufficient Opal as would present a danger to Opal in the future, roll away. Rescue the project but be fully prepared for a shitload of critics and FUD. Vericoin got trampled almost to extinction. But then so did XCurrency and it had nothing to do with rollback. Shit will hit the fan and it could destroy Opal but if it's in real danger anyway, take the shot. What's to lose?
On the other hand, if rollback is only to deprive scammers and refund those who lost coins, much as I detest scammers and sympathise with anyone losing coins, I would say no to rollback. We all know this is a risky place when we put in our cents worth.
The only reason to rollback should be to save the project and as a last resort. So, before voting, can we have some assessment from devs as to the degree of risk to the project?
Activity: 782
I am for rollback, let the community speak.
Activity: 728
How do you propose to defend users from their own stupidity next time?

This.

Keep in mind it's mainly to get coin's out of malicious party's hands.

"Your block chain is at risk. A rollback is justified for protection of block chain.  I would hold a vote and have community make decision." -Lead dev of vericoin
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
A coin is as viable as the community behind it. I can assure you that half of the community walk if a roll back does not occur.

The more pressing problem is the amount of people that didn't bother to check the source of their wallet download.  Did they just join crypto yesterday?  Who does that?

You have to be smarter than that, people.  Wake up.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Opal the future
A coin is as viable as the community behind it. I can assure you that half of the community walk if a roll back does not occur.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
better rollback than giving this scammer btc
Activity: 546

Hello

I keep getting  "warning please check that your computer's date and time are correct If your Clock is wrong Opalcoin will not work "

And yes My date and time are correct , So how do I fix this ? my wallet will not sync...

kprell40

Delete all your block files from the %appdata% folder
just not your wallet.dat

I just did that and restarted the wallet  in 2 min I get same  thing  any other ideas

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
How do you propose to defend users from their own stupidity next time?
Activity: 728

Hello

I keep getting  "warning please check that your computer's date and time are correct If your Clock is wrong Opalcoin will not work "

And yes My date and time are correct , So how do I fix this ? my wallet will not sync...

kprell40

Delete all your block files from the %appdata% folder
just not your wallet.dat
Activity: 546

Hello

kprell40

Activity: 535
Merit: 267
For those who downloaded the malware:

Kill the process csrss.exe (the bigger)
then directly windchp.exe

after it delete the startup key Win DHCP "windchp.exe" (use msconfig with command-line)

and delete file here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Windows\DCHP\ HERE IS MALWARES

You can also block this ip/port: 212.7.208.87:5604
Activity: 364
Yes, some exchanges are still trading. Please have them freeze all trading to fuck this idiot. Do a rollback and make things right. There will be btc lost as he prolly sold some already but definitely not 2.5 mill worth yet. Let's show this fuck that we will not stand for this.
Activity: 325
Merit: 255

Do we have any idea how many coins this person had stolen? With one member saying he lost 100,000, I assume the number is quite a bit higher. In which case I agree you can't have a criminal like that in control of a large percentage of OPAL.

2.5 million

Yes, do a rollback and fuck this dickhead outta his scam.

Absolutely, that's almost 17% of total, too much for any one person to have control of, let alone a scammer who will likely dump them very soon for his 'payout', if he hadn't dumped some already, which I assume he might have.

Definitely have to always be alert in the crypto-world for now anyway, Rule #1 should be to ALWAYS be careful about what you download, double check it's source etc. But it's not hard to let your guard slip sometimes :/

We'll move on and it sounds like we'll be back on track in no time though  Smiley
Activity: 9
Rollback IS NEEDED.... we need to get the coins back to the users....
Activity: 1
 opal wallet is The first wallet which fascinated me  Smiley
Jump to: