Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 103. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I was not affected but for all those who lost coins please vote for a rollback. It is the right thing to do.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Do we have any idea how many coins this person had stolen? With one member saying he lost 100,000, I assume the number is quite a bit higher. In which case I agree you can't have a criminal like that in control of a large percentage of OPAL.

2.5 million

Yes, do a rollback and fuck this dickhead outta his scam.
Activity: 535
Merit: 267
Rollback okey... but hey... people really need to educate themselve omg. 

Kiss
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Do we have any idea how many coins this person had stolen? With one member saying he lost 100,000, I assume the number is quite a bit higher. In which case I agree you can't have a criminal like that in control of a large percentage of OPAL.

2.5 million
Activity: 325
Merit: 255
But if wallet was encrypted then what can he do with it??? As long as you have a backup of your wallet.dat file then you should be ok, right??? OR am I missing something here?

Also if anyone would like to sell their OPAL then please PM me. Thanks.

I assume the exploit would have taken the private keys. That is all the attacker needs to have control over what was once your coins.
He just imports the private keys into his own wallet (encrypted or not), along with a stolen wallet.dat file, and he basically has a usable replica of your wallet. Backup will do no good then, only way to save your coins would be to transfer to another address before he does.

I understand a roll back is necessary to best deal with this situation. Do we have any idea how many coins this person had stolen? With one member saying he lost 100,000, I assume the number is quite a bit higher. In which case I agree you can't have a criminal like that in control of a large percentage of OPAL.

OPAL is young and at this stage a rollback isn't a terrible scenario, obviously in the future it would be, but I think given the short time span, and smaller number of transaction it is OK. I support it anyway.
But if wallet was encrypted then what can he do with it??? As long as you have a backup of your wallet.dat file then you should be ok, right??? OR am I missing something here?

Also if anyone would like to sell their OPAL then please PM me. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1000
Time to buy hiehiehie..... Cool
Activity: 262
ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the recent issues that have occurred. It is required for Opal to continue to be a viable cryptocurrency a roll back of the block chain must occur. We will compensate all the exchanges involved repaying the lost BTC. However for this to move forward we require the consensus of the OPAL community. Therefore a vote will need to take place and will be live for the next 12 hours:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_ogq4xNJBUb3H49MH3cnMbqEufN-Ok_dHVSG7BksGKk/viewform

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IF THE ROLL BACK OCCURS?

If you have lost any coins due to the malicious attack you will be refunded
If you purchased any OPAL during this period you will be refunded with the BTC value of your purchase.  

Opal apologise for the inconvenience this has caused but we wish to put our Community first and will not be held to ransom by hackers.

WARNING DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY WALLETS UNLESS IT POSTED BY THIS ACCOUNT FROM THE OFFICIAL OPAL DOMAIN
We have found a solution to the issue.  More to come shortly.  If you downloaded the incorrect file, please come to IRC for instructions on how to fix your computer
Activity: 295
Good to find a trader willing to not sell but to support a project. I fear most of your colleagues would think you stupid. They say " if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen". They forget it's not their kitchen.
By lucky coincidence, I ran Malware yesterday just after installing a .rar Opal file. I have deleted everything except my wallet.dat backup and have installed correct version from opal.com Now syncing. Thanks for the heads up.
Sorry for anyone who lost coins. Losing 100000 Opal sucks.  Angry
Activity: 34
This Wallet Thing made everything went bad. But I can only say some words here, you should think about it.

I am a trader since 2013 - like 1,5 years now. I made a fine penny here and there. Ive learned some devs and some stories. But in my time spending it on IRC-Channels or on Forums reading and writing with people - I've never found a nice, happy and friendly bunch of people like I've found in my Opal-Time. I am not going to sell even 1 Opal coin. I am not going to abandon any of the devs. Those guys are real visionaires. I believe in them - what they do - about their ideas - about their believings. Until today - I never made a big mistake in crypto-currencies. Sure ive lost here and there some Bucks - but I am from the beginning in positive.

I believe this opal coin has a bright future. I will not get myself f**ked up by 1 dude out there - this scryptkiddie.

Activity: 325
Merit: 255
Damn a bit of bad luck there. Sorry to those users to had their funds stolen, I hope you guys aren't out too much. :/ Maybe we can help donate to some of your losses.

This was perhaps the reason for the random dump of coins right before the wallet went offline on bittrex, cashing out stolen funds?
What a piece of shit anyway, he'll get his eventually.

Just when we were getting a good break, we shall recover tho and keep chugging forward. Smiley
ATTENTION PLEASE READ ASAP

Good Afternoon,

We found that a user (diabanhxeo ID# 210031) posted a malicious post which included links to a hacked version of our wallet. This wallet installed a backdoor on some users computers which in turn stole their wallet.dat files from multiple coins. Through checking him out, we see he has posted many links to other coins's wallets, which we assume are also malicious.

If you downloaded the latest windows wallet from this thread, that was part of a reply and not our original post. Please scan your computer now for malware. Only download the wallet from our website opal-coin.com and not any other links in the thread. The source of the wallet should only be from "wallets.opal-coin.com" and no other domain.

Update: The malicious files are RAR files, we only host zips of the files.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We are dedicated to our community.

Thanks,

The Opal Team

Low lifes like that exist in all walks of life. What a loser! I'm still behind OPAL...

Me too , but i lost 100000 opals  Cry

We're coordinating a fix
Activity: 3

Good Afternoon,

We found that a user (diabanhxeo ID# 210031) posted a malicious post which included links to a hacked version of our wallet. This wallet installed a backdoor on some users computers which in turn stole their wallet.dat files from multiple coins. Through checking him out, we see he has posted many links to other coins's wallets, which we assume are also malicious.

If you downloaded the latest windows wallet from this thread, that was part of a reply and not our original post. Please scan your computer now for malware. Only download the wallet from our website opal-coin.com and not any other links in the thread. The source of the wallet should only be from "wallets.opal-coin.com" and no other domain.

Thanks,

The Opal Team

Low lifes like that exist in all walks of life. What a loser! I'm still behind OPAL...

Me too , but i lost 100000 opals  Cry
Activity: 14

Good Afternoon,

Thanks,

The Opal Team

Activity: 262

Good Afternoon,

Thanks,

The Opal Team
Activity: 500
For you safety....Backup your Wallet.dat and delete new wallet NOW

can you explain?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Opal Dev
For you safety....Backup your Wallet.dat and delete new wallet NOW
Opal frozen again on alot of exchanges, why?
Activity: 658
I'm surprised this hasn't taken off yet Huh

dont complain.. accumulate from seller Wink
Jump to: