Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 174. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 467
Merit: 251
is it fileshare anonimosly?
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
edit: just saw yet another coin that copied your roadmap btw lol
pls tell us, the investors, this will be closed source?

Copying a roadmap is easy.  Even I can copy a roadmap.

To insert working code, maintain the network and troubleshoot problems, that's the hard part.

Closing the source isn't a big deal like most people think it is..

Bitcoin is open source. You'd think "omg, Bitcoin's code is not closed source!  Everyone can copy bitcoin!"  Well.. see how far that got all these stupid altcoins that go nowhere.  It takes a team of real developers to keep a  coin alive, not just plug-and-play copycats.

So whether or not Opal goes closed source (I hope they don't, because I don't run closed-source software), shouldn't matter to an investor.

It is the community support, dev support, and merchant participation you are investing in the most.  Not  the actual code.

they dont just copy the roadmap, they simply wait for code to show up on git and will just copy that as well.
I think people are raising a valid point, how many people would have invested in drk if drksend would have been opensource from day 1? It would have been copied in the first days and other coins would have taken advantage of all of evan's coding's efforts, drk volume would have been bleeding due to other coins offering the same (with relatively no effort).

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

Copying a roadmap is easy.  Even I can copy a roadmap.

To insert working code, maintain the network and troubleshoot problems, that's the hard part.

Closing the source isn't a big deal like most people think it is..

Bitcoin is open source. You'd think "omg, Bitcoin's code is not closed source!  Everyone can copy bitcoin!"  Well.. see how far that got all these stupid altcoins that go nowhere.  It takes a team of real developers to keep a  coin alive, not just plug-and-play copycats.

So whether or not Opal goes closed source (I hope they don't, because I don't run closed-source software), shouldn't matter to an investor.

It is the community support, dev support, and merchant participation you are investing in the most.  Not  the actual code.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

4 .Anonymous File Transfers

We're working with Storj on this one to bring you decentralized file transfers.  This is a brand new technology, and there is no ETA yet, but as always, we won't release it until it works!

i dont think people in the thread realize yet how big storj actually is Grin

Agreed, they're pretty awesome!  I just finished a prototype which uploads the file to some odd russian website (they had an easy api) btw.

We're still deciding what route to go with the code

Got a link to that coin?  I always find it pretty funny.
Activity: 782

4 .Anonymous File Transfers

We're working with Storj on this one to bring you decentralized file transfers.  This is a brand new technology, and there is no ETA yet, but as always, we won't release it until it works!

i dont think people in the thread realize yet how big storj actually is Grin

Activity: 574
Merit: 504
Amazing updates guys. Keep it up - can't wait for some of the other features to be released
Activity: 149
Opal the future

If anyone agrees.... the super fat red/green arrows, if they can be slimmed down please say something.

All users of Opal whether you post normally or not. If the super FAT green/red arrows would be a good idea to slim down, please say something now before the wallet is released.

Its on the list to remove them completely and replace them with something much more appealing..

If anyone agrees.... the super fat red/green arrows, if they can be slimmed down please say something.

All users of Opal whether you post normally or not. If the super FAT green/red arrows would be a good idea to slim down, please say something now before the wallet is released.
Activity: 262
Great update.  UI is coming together.  I have to admit that I hate those red and green arrows though.  They look out of place.

I've had these icons and they might look better in the wallet.

You can color them to match the other icon colors.  I'd also offer to help design a qt UI.  I'd love to see something similar to Shadow's UI in the Opal wallet.  Not a copy of it but something of that quality.  I am not familiar with the inner workings of the QT wallet but I am familiar with HTML5, CSS and jQuery.  If its possible to separate those files and send to me, I could put together a couple options.

Thanks for the icons and the info.. Can you PM us some contact details we will get in contact with you shortly most of the team are a sleep right now..
Activity: 532
Great update.  UI is coming together.  I have to admit that I hate those red and green arrows though.  They look out of place.

I've had these icons and they might look better in the wallet.

You can color them to match the other icon colors.  I'd also offer to help design a qt UI.  I'd love to see something similar to Shadow's UI in the Opal wallet.  Not a copy of it but something of that quality.  I am not familiar with the inner workings of the QT wallet but I am familiar with HTML5, CSS and jQuery.  If its possible to separate those files and send to me, I could put together a couple options.
So this coin:

- Keeps being delivered.
- Very interesting roadmap.
- Market cap of  only 18k$.
- 14,990,507 OPAL in circulation.
- Any deadline being respected.
- Only 1,5 month old.
- Pretty honest, solid and smart dev team. (this is the best part)

It only needs more PR in my opinion. But that's fine when you keep delivering, a value grown will eventually come no matter what.

Thanks! We appreciate spreading the word however possible!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
So this coin:

- Keeps being delivered.
- Very interesting roadmap.
- Market cap of  only 18k$.
- 14,990,507 OPAL in circulation.
- Any deadline being respected.
- Only 1,5 month old.
- Pretty honest, solid and smart dev team. (this is the best part)

It only needs more PR in my opinion. But that's fine when you keep delivering, a value grown will eventually come no matter what.
Just a dev note, I started working on the GUI for file storage tonight, and it'll start to come together later this week.

OPAL QT WALLET UPDATE

List of Wallet update

-New UI
-Automatic public key sync for Encrypted messaging
-Performance Optimizations, including faster loading and shut down times
-Security fixes
-Automatic coinage optimization for maximum staking
-Almost 100 Commits

Windows Screenshots

Great job team!
Activity: 262

OPAL QT WALLET UPDATE

List of Wallet update

-New UI
-Automatic public key sync for Encrypted messaging
-Performance Optimizations, including faster loading and shut down times
-Security fixes
-Automatic coinage optimization for maximum staking
-Almost 100 Commits

Windows Screenshots

drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
We will be opening the market place in a couple of weeks. It would be a great time to register Merchant interest at this point.

Would also be great to get some feed back on some intro videos we are working on..

http://youtu.be/hBL1DlQ7ByU

both seem to be of high quality, and imo they both look nice.
2nd one is more professional though.

This one is much better.  There's enough going on with the logo, that the "fuzzy TV interference" movement isn't too necessary. Maybe one quick one and that's it. I think the "tv reception interference" happened like 3 or 4 times, which was a little redundant and over used.

But the rest of it looks great.  (If the loading screen isn't necessary, I'd make that part quicker. Everyone hates waiting for loading if they can avoid it)

But the 3D closeup of the sparkling, etc, that was all great stuff.

The words to describe this newer opening is one is:

"of substance", "strong", new, innovative, futuristic

(Oh, and the part I'm pointing out = keywords: bad reception, weak signal)
QFT
Activity: 476
i like it a lot actually, looks very advanced.
We will be opening the market place in a couple of weeks. It would be a great time to register Merchant interest at this point.

Would also be great to get some feed back on some intro videos we are working on..

http://youtu.be/hBL1DlQ7ByU

While the animation looks neat, it gives the following impressions:

a) Alien, dark, horror, angry

b) Death, ugly, sadistic, evil

Are these the images Opal wants to leave in a person's mind? It gives the opposite effect of wanting someone to want to get involved in something so evil, like the movie "Aliens 1-3"

Teenagers will go that's awesome, and wicked.  Business people (35 yrs to 45 yrs old) with all the money who want to get heavily invested in Opal will take one look at that and walk in the other direction.

Believe me, there are a lot of wallstreet types who invest in crypto as a hobby and they have $50,000 to $100,000 to use as spending cash for it.

The animation shows talent, but the execution conveys a severely negative connotation and actually would hurt the image.

So I'm not fond of it.  Being honest.

Thanks for the input.  This was just a little idea one of our members had, and we appreciate any comments
Jump to: